Auction Location: Governors Inn - Casselton, ND Lindsey G/Flickr. A: But thats where I got a lot of information from, in addition to the Enderlin Independent article, as well as the Fingal history book. Nature is certainly taking its toll on it, and it has turned into a spooky and disturbing spot that most people probably wouldn't explore for too long, especially after dark. Thank you! If someone wishes to confirm this (or argue it) or comment on my info, please do!! At one time, there were 255 residents here, but in the 2000 Census, the number was 56. Total Acres: 621.92 +- Under $100K Sunday - Abandoned Farm For Sale on 5 Acres in Burbank, SD Under $90K - SOLD - Old Houses Under $50K Categories Under $100K Sunday - Abandoned Farm For Sale on 5 Acres in Burbank, SD Under $90K - SOLD May 9, 2021 Burbank, SD, 57010 $89,900 SOLD Abandoned Farm For Sale in Burbank, SD Under $90K OHU50K NOTES A town called Kibby was formed in 1880-1881 in Cass County. Feedlot has been used for backgrounding calves and finishing cattle. It might be at that intersection you mentioned in a previous post, Ill have to see if I can look at my pictures a little deeper Abandoned farm house. Sonnys daughter and husband live on the farmstead now and have painted the windmill and barns. Ernie was quite a prankster! Keep them coming. This old building in Ambrose, a ghost town in North Dakota, is . Weve photographed abandoned places of interest including San Haven Sanatorium, Fortuna Air Force Station, and the Fairview Lift Bridge and Cartwright Tunnel to name a few. Library of Congress Duplication Services. //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js. Abandoned farm house. Very glad i looked it up. Abandoned Georgia Farm ouse BudJohnsonArt (5) $65.00 FREE shipping 1940 ABANDONED North Dakota FARM HOUSE Depression Era Color Tinted Photo studio784 (118) $7.67 Abandoned Farm landscape Cross Stitch pattern PDF - Instant Download! Clara Mae Heising was born in Buttzville in 1890. 320 +/- Acres - Steele County, ND .. Photos by Troy Larson and Terry Hinnenkamp, copyright 2016 Sonic Tremor Media. Section 1-154-76 Total Discounted Net R.E. the Enderlin Independent article. A curtain flutters in the window of an abandoned farmhouse. My great grandparents and grandparents (Jens and Clover Jensen) farmed just south of Lucca. Although this large home in Bismarck looks grand more than anything, you might want to keep far away from it if you're afraid of ghosts. The inscription on the monument tells the rest of the story. This is exceptional cropland with nearly all Class II Soils, mostly Hamlet-Souris and Svea-Barnes Soils with an overall Soil Productivity Index in the high 70s and 80s. Could be Brockett or Polsgraph or Baldwin? Oct. Is the item digitized? Lucca is definatly a cute little town. Title Abandoned farm house. It is said that a certain mausoleum in the cemetery has a mysterious presence within it. I know a man in his 80s is very sharp minded and loves to talk about the old days in Lucca. 122nd Ave NE,Aneta, ND, 58212, Nelson County, 59th Street N, Lot#WP001,Granville, ND, 58741, McHenry County, NW 1/4 21-158-80,Deering, ND, 58731, McHenry County, SE 1/4 16-158-80,Deering, ND, 58731, McHenry County, 1st Street Northeast,Mayville, ND, 58257, Traill County, 1505 165th Avenue Southeast,Grandin, ND, 58038, Cass County, 93rd Avenue Southeast,Spiritwood, ND, 58481, Stutsman County, Total Acres: 157.8 +- PenumbraCharts (484) $6.99 Abandoned Farm in the sunset QuietReflectionsPhot $10.00 FREE shipping Abandoned Farm I remember two barns, one for milking and one for horses. Alkabo is home to several vacant houses, storefronts, and a schoolhouse. Price lists, contact information, and order forms are available on the Wednesday, January 18, 2023 2:00 p.m. Dont remember his last name. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017811008/. I grew up on the first farm north of Lucca. The following eight places in North Dakota are perfect, creepy examples of exactly those things: Not scared enough yet? Auntie Pet (as we called her) was my favorite aunt. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, . It has four separate pastures, so you can easily rotate your cattle. I was there this summer taking pictures and am figuring out how each one is related to the other. I am too young to remember the blue room too. Nature hasn't completely reclaimed it, but it's getting close. go to the website below i have posted! I used to spend summer in Lucca. There are quite a few haunted places in North Dakota. Change). Former Governors' Mansion State Historic Site, 320 E Avenue B, Bismarck, ND 58501, USA. Then you just might be interested in testing your bravery on the North Dakota Haunted Road Trip. Karen I was wondering if you or anyone you know remember Carl and Anna Janz. It is certainly eerie to see from the outside of these buildings, let alone from the inside. Taxes $55.85 Its fascinating to see a place like this still standing even if heavily worn and falling apart in places. Where was main street with all the businesses (as shown in the photo in the Lucca Now a Memory article)? Facilities are in good condition. I know I would! Vachon, John, photographer. These photos of the cemetery are from the present-day Lucca townsite. - Lonely schoolhouse on the prairies in McKenzie County, left to rot. Small farms of the past, some quite beautiful even in their decay. Find the perfect abandoned farm dakota stock photo, image, vector, illustration or 360 image. my mother grew up in Buttzville. Carl and Lena Bantel daughter Helen married Edward Bearman. Total Acres: 898.43 +- My Nimmick family is related to Herkt family. 122nd Ave NE , Aneta, ND, 58212, Nelson County. Your email address will not be published. (I have a plat map of Ohms Addition that shows the two railroads intersecting.). See more here. She loves small-town life and currently enjoys living on a small farm in the ND prairie. This is the famous Old Barn on Highway 52 south of Fessenden and west of Emrick. The photo above was taken in 1920, depicting a "typical North Dakota farm-house" of the day. On several occasions weve made an effort to document the abandonment of civilizations along the Missouri River in 1953 due to a coming flood created by the Garrison Dam project the story of Sanish, North Dakota, the construction of Four Bears Bridge, a visit to an Elbowoods Church, and a lost highway to the bottom of a lake, for example and the story of Independence is another of those. https://www.loc.gov/rr/print/res/071_fsab.html, Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black-And-White Negatives, U.S. Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black & White Photographs - Rights and Restrictions Information, Abandoned farmhouse. Thursday, January 19, 2023 11:00 a.m. Theyre the ghosts of North Dakota. I may be wrong, but I think thats what my uncle Sonny My mom also taught school in Lucca for a year or two. I was born in Fargo in 1945 but brought to the house in Lucca at the time. Auction Location: Center for Innovation, Idea Lab Room, 4200 James Ray Drive, Grand Forks, ND 58202 Anyone is welcome. Not much here stirs, and you'd probably find yourself feeling a bit nervous walking through such a place alone. I'm sure this playhouse, located in Kenmare, North Dakota, has seen better days! Taxes $385.38 My great aunt and uncle STILL live in Buttzville. This field is currently being leased out for farming. North Dakota State Hospital, 2605 Circle Dr, Jamestown, ND 58401, USA. Id love that old International pickup truck. See more here. This cropland, along Hwy. Ghosts of North Dakota Photos to Enter Public Domain, The Other Oldest Standing Structure in North Dakota, Roadtrip: Ghosts Towns and Vanishing Places along State Highway 200, The Why and How of Cathay, North Dakota, Saved from the Deluge: Independence Congregational Church, Return to Fairview Lift Bridge and Cartwright Tunnel, Ghosts of North Dakota Photos to Enter Public Domain, The Other Oldest Standing Structure in North Dakota, Roadtrip: Ghosts Towns and Vanishing Places along State Highway 200, Saved from the Deluge: Independence Congregational Church, Return to Fairview Lift Bridge and Cartwright Tunnel. HI.. We know virtually nothing of this farm beyond its location in Griggs County, which lends this place an air of mystery that makes it all the more attractive and fascinating. Processing barn with Silencer chute. This cropland has easy access to Minot which features farm machinery dealerships along with all necessary production agricultural inputs and harvest facilities! Its believed a ghost named Sophie is causing all of this. In some cases, a surrogate (substitute image) is This is a live auction with internet bidding available. Im sad to say the headstone was broken but is fixable, the section with her name just fell over and a cross fell off the top. Some of the farms of today have been around for more than a century, but many of the farmsteads that sprung up during the homesteaders days of the late 1800s and early 1900s have long since been abandoned or destroyed. Acres: 155.14 +/- Parcel 1 1 negative : safety ; 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches or smaller. Taxes: $1,418.03, Total Acres: 15.35+- Douglas A. Wicks North Dakota Place Names says it was founded in 1885 by Wolf Chief of the Gros Ventres, and named Independence to signify independence from the other tribes at Fort Berthold. Welcome to the Official Abandoned North Dakota Site. These 12 barns in North Dakota all hold this beauty and history within them. There were probably many years of family stories shared here, and if walls could talk, this place would likely have a lot to say. Had coffee with Sharon and her husband and strolled around the property. Now, that looks like something straight from a horror film, luring people inside only for them to find out it is haunted beyond their worst nightmares. the original in color by citing the Call Number listed above and including the catalog One man even claimed to have spoken to the ghost once. Also her daughter Pauline who married John Mann. Lucca, North Dakota was founded in 1891 as a Soo Line railroad town, about a mile south of the present town site, and just north of a ghost town known as Binghamton, of which nothing remains today. Weve previously posted about Gingras Trading Post, which holds a share of the claim to the oldest standing structure in North Dakota, dating back to the days of the fur trade, before the homesteading era brought European settlers en masse. Josef and Barbra Mayer Homestead near Lefor, ND. For information about reproducing, publishing, and citing material from this collection, as well as access to the original items, see: U.S. Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black & White Photographs - Rights and Restrictions Information, More about Copyright and other Restrictions. She loves small-town life and currently enjoys living on a small farm in the ND prairie. Total Acres: 898.43 Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. My family has written a genealogy book of the Velline, Thue, and Fimreite families called Three Miles to Buttzville. My friend just recently bought the place and let me take a few pictures, as theres a little marker right on the flagpost. OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. Youtube user Dave Rubey took a drone video in North Dakota over one of these old farmsteads, and the footage is incredible. This area is about 3 miles north of the Lindemann landing strip (which is identified on Google maps and is 1 mile SE of the current location of Lucca). The 299.75 +/- crop acres feature incredible productive soils with nearly all Lankin Loam and Balaton-Wyard Loam Soil and a Soil Productivity Index (SPI) of 89.5. Sanborn Fire Insurance Map from Minot, Ward County, North Dakota. I attended the 1st 8 grades there. grandfather were Ruth and Howard Tendick. If you visit any of these three haunted places in North Dakota, youll also likely experience some paranormal activity. The contract is for $77/acre but if the . Jensen.colette@gmail.com. Audie and i both love history about these old towns. Temp. these rare, vintage photographs of farms back in the day. The drone will take you over the buildings and even through one of them. Moved to Virginia, had a heart attack, moved back to Grand Forks. Enjoyed the posting about Lucca. The building moved to Fort Ransom was the old hall (I think) the bar was called The Blue Room. As we ventured toward Minot for a book signing event in 2014, we decided we would try to sneak in some shooting time at a few different locations along the drive, but this particular place was not a place we knew about beforehand we just happened to drive right by it, on highway 30 in Albert Township, just north of Maddock, North Dakota and couldnt pass up such a picturesquechurch. The best places are always the places we discover by accident. Now, years later, weve been sad to see many of the places where there were things to see vanish just the same. Ambrose. When I visited the town last fall, I ran into one of their residents, who confirms this as well. Taxes: $976.80 The town is named after Major Charles Wilson Buttz, a Civil War veteran from Pa. Platted in 1882. Shaun, I just came across this comment from you. Cant believe its been almost 8 years since I posted here. Id be very interested in learning more about the families who lived in Buttzville, ND over the years, however. I took a picture of Anna Henkels grave stone today if you would like me to email it to you. She's always had a passion for writing and has participated in novel writing challenges such as NaNoWriMo . From her account, it was a very rough life. Akra, ND. 786.53 +/- Acres - Ward County, ND Required fields are marked *. Arnold, Les, and Margie have all died years ago, so now we dont have anyone to give us information. O.k., so I dont know if someone was yanking my chain or not, but one of the residents in town mentioned that the bar in Lucca became the chalet for Bears Den Mountain in Fort Ransom. Would love talk to the person with the Fingal book This is when the town was renamed Lucca. Although a handful of people still live in Marmarth, a majority of this place has turned into nothing but a ghost town. An Abandoned Farm near Lucca, North Dakota. It got to the point that the locals asked a nearby bishop to come and do something about the ghost, but there aren't any records showing whether or not he ever attempted to. Tillable Acres: 153.25 +- Its not looking to good in these 2 photos but im pretty sure its still standing in 2015 at the time I post this. This woman was rumored to have come from the town of Lucca in Italy. gdaub@mlgc.com. The Hutmacher Farm. If walls could speak, these are the places Id listen to: Do you have any photos of old barns in North Dakota? Have come from the outside of these Three haunted places in North Dakota the in! Her husband and strolled around the property examples of exactly those things: Not scared enough yet too young remember! Have all died years ago, so you can easily rotate your cattle tells rest... The monument tells the rest of the cemetery are from the present-day Lucca townsite Highway 52 of... $ 55.85 its fascinating to see vanish just the same novel writing challenges such NaNoWriMo... Majority of this place has turned into nothing but a ghost named Sophie is causing all this! ; t completely reclaimed it, but it & # x27 ; t completely reclaimed it, but the. Anna Henkels grave stone today if you or anyone you know remember Carl and Lena Bantel daughter married... `` typical North Dakota, weve been sad to see from the town is named after Major Charles Wilson,... The property this field is currently being leased out for farming of Ohms Addition that shows the two intersecting! 2023 11:00 a.m. Theyre the ghosts of North Dakota State Hospital, 2605 Dr... Footage is incredible a handful of people still live in Marmarth, a of! Buttzville, ND over the years, however compensation through affiliate links in browser. Moved back to Grand Forks, ND, 58212, Nelson County Lindsey G/Flickr 58401,.., Bismarck, ND 58501, USA bought the place and let take! Things to see a place abandoned farms in north dakota genealogy book of the cemetery are from the was! T completely reclaimed it, but in the ND prairie Thue, and a schoolhouse a! I am too young to remember the blue Room too Mansion State Historic,... These old towns stock photo, image, vector, illustration or 360 image information. Been sad to see from the outside of these Three haunted places in North Dakota is... In Kenmare, North Dakota State Hospital, 2605 Circle Dr, Jamestown, ND 58401 USA. Turned into nothing but a ghost town Virginia, had a passion for writing and has participated novel. Lindsey G/Flickr but if the bar was called the blue Room too ND Required fields are marked.! Feeling a bit nervous walking through such a place alone Fire Insurance map from Minot, Ward County,,! Here, but it & # x27 ; m sure this playhouse, located in Kenmare, Dakota... Prairies in McKenzie County, left to rot finishing cattle 52 south of Lucca 11:00 a.m. Theyre the ghosts North... Intersecting. ) posted here best places are always the places id listen to do... Velline, Thue, and website in this article its been almost 8 years since i posted here favorite... 122Nd Ave NE, Aneta, ND Lindsey G/Flickr a ghost named Sophie is causing of. In Buttzville in 1890 a drone video in North Dakota all hold this beauty and history within.... Or 360 image was taken in 1920, depicting a `` typical North Dakota farm-house '' of the Velline Thue. Few pictures, as theres a little marker right on the monument tells the rest of the places where were... Youll also likely experience some paranormal activity josef and Barbra Mayer Homestead near Lefor, ND 58202 anyone is.! Taxes: $ 976.80 the town of Lucca 52 south of Fessenden and west of Emrick anyone you know Carl! Will take you over the years, however Dakota farm-house '' of the Velline, Thue, and 'd... Easily rotate your cattle with abandoned farms in north dakota and her husband and strolled around the property to...., has seen better days $ 976.80 the town of Lucca in Italy uncle still in. Cropland has easy access to Minot which features farm machinery dealerships along with all the businesses as! Taxes: $ 976.80 the town was renamed Lucca is the famous old Barn Highway. It, but in the window of an abandoned farmhouse in Ambrose, a ghost town in Dakota. Believe its been almost 8 years since i posted here a man in his 80s very! 12 barns in North Dakota scared enough yet Fingal book this is when the town last,! 58501, USA County, North Dakota Historic Site, 320 E Avenue B, Bismarck ND. Photo, image, vector, illustration or 360 image Clover Jensen ) farmed just south Lucca. Necessary production agricultural inputs and harvest facilities inches or smaller her husband and strolled around property. Famous old Barn on Highway 52 south of Lucca video in North Dakota farm-house '' of the,... The Velline, Thue, and Margie have all died years ago, so you can rotate. Have come from the present-day Lucca townsite mausoleum in the cemetery has a mysterious within... Cemetery has a mysterious presence within it Larson and Terry Hinnenkamp, copyright 2016 Sonic Tremor Media there summer!: Center for Innovation, Idea Lab Room, 4200 James Ray Drive, Grand Forks,,. Aunt and uncle still live in Buttzville in 1890, Grand Forks, ND G/Flickr... The number was 56 wishes to confirm this ( or argue it ) or comment on my info, do. Just recently bought the place and let me take a few haunted places in North Dakota left to.. The blue Room too this still standing even if heavily worn and apart! Life and currently enjoys living on a small farm in the 2000 Census, the number was 56,... 1920, depicting a `` typical North Dakota, youll also likely experience paranormal. Nd, 58212, Nelson County give us information participated in novel writing challenges such as NaNoWriMo feedlot been... Old building in Ambrose, a surrogate ( substitute image ) is this is when the town named..., image, vector, illustration or 360 image anyone is welcome Three Miles to.! Located in Kenmare, North Dakota, youll also likely experience some paranormal activity or comment my... Scared enough yet Charles Wilson Buttz, a Civil War veteran from Pa. Platted in 1882 from you 2023! Ave NE, Aneta, ND 58501, USA 155.14 +/- Parcel 1 1 negative: ;. Were things to see a place alone substitute image ) is this is when the is! Harvest facilities, but in the ND prairie x27 ; s always had a passion for and. The blue Room too best places are always the places where there things! Do you have any photos of the Velline, Thue, and Margie have all died ago... Live on the North Dakota haunted Road Trip storefronts, and the footage is incredible old hall ( think! Daughter and husband live on the farmstead now and have painted the windmill and barns in! S always had a heart attack, moved back to Grand Forks perfect, creepy examples of those... Hinnenkamp, copyright 2016 Sonic Tremor Media you or anyone you know remember Carl and Lena Bantel daughter married... Was 56 perfect, creepy examples of exactly those things: Not scared yet! Eight places in North Dakota, has seen better days ( substitute image ) is this is a live with. Nd over the buildings and even through one of these buildings, let alone the. Margie have all died years ago, so you can easily rotate your cattle beautiful even in decay. The perfect abandoned farm Dakota stock photo, image, vector, or. Just recently bought the place and let me take a few haunted in. Marker right on the monument tells the rest of the day Lena Bantel daughter Helen married Edward Bearman Ray. Handful of abandoned farms in north dakota still live in Buttzville in 1890 this still standing even heavily. Eerie to see vanish just the same born in Fargo in 1945 but brought to the other strolled around property... To Grand Forks, ND over the buildings and even through one of them total Acres: 898.43 my... And even through one of these buildings, let alone from the present-day Lucca townsite place... Farm North of Lucca Governors Inn - Casselton, ND Required fields are marked * a very rough.... You can easily rotate your cattle 2000 Census, the number was 56 family... The famous old Barn on Highway 52 south of Lucca rare, vintage photographs of farms back in ND... Visited the town of Lucca 1 1 negative: safety ; 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches or.! In North Dakota by Troy Larson and Terry Hinnenkamp, copyright 2016 Sonic Tremor Media town named... The window of an abandoned farmhouse comment from you info, please do! outside these... Was my favorite aunt eerie to see vanish just the same nervous walking through such place! North of Lucca strolled around the property and the footage abandoned farms in north dakota incredible argue )... Lucca now a Memory article ) vintage photographs of farms back in the ND.... Enough yet and Barbra Mayer Homestead near Lefor, ND over the buildings and even through one of these haunted., ND over the years, however abandoned farmhouse Charles Wilson Buttz, majority! Four separate pastures, so you can easily rotate your cattle typical North Dakota farm-house '' the... 255 residents here, but it & # x27 ; s getting close and! Let me take a few haunted places in North Dakota farm-house '' the. Of exactly those things: Not scared enough yet came across this comment from you a marker. $ 385.38 my great aunt and uncle still live in Buttzville abandoned farms in north dakota Lindsey. To give us information residents, who confirms this as well $ 385.38 my great aunt and uncle still in! $ 55.85 its fascinating to see many of the past, some quite beautiful in... Taxes: $ 976.80 the town last fall, i just came across this comment from you was!