At least one model, the Epiphone Spirit, was manufactured in the USA during the early 1980s in the Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, MI. Reply Delete. Where possible, these numbers are in agreement with existing sales receipts. It was initially called the De Luxe Jumbo for the few versions that were delivered before the model went into production. Rare pedal in Excellent Vintage Condition and it Works Perfect. I have acquired a nice little concert size guitar with what I believe to be BRW back and sides and a spruce top. Between 1934 and 1938, Gibson only offered the sunburst finish. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Title of post being viewed during contact. The action is low and has an adjustable truss rod. Introduced August 1942 and J-45s are still available today. The variety of tailpieces alone is amazing. 45 Acp Reloading Data, Ideally I should restring with a set of historically accurate gut strings made from sheep-gut in the traditional wayand Ive dutifully add this to my to-do list. If you have any further questions, you may also find more historical information regarding Fender serial numbers and dating here: Additionally you can find all available Owner's Manuals, Service Manuals, and more through our Customer Self . Interior is lined with tan patterned paper and red velvet. Pearl twin parallelogram inlays, Bridges: Rosewood belly-down. Though there appear to be exceptions, necks between 1912 and 1923 are 3-piece mahogany. Apparantly mr. Bruno and C. F. Martin were partners and started making guitars together. Up for sale is a Japanese 70's era Bass neck. The Maurer Company records have been lost. Ventura Bass Guitar EB2 Vintage 70s Open Book MIJ Japan Hollow Body Sunburst VGC. They had owner applied pick guards and multi-bound backs and tops (including red line highlights). 18 frets Upper bout 8 5/16 Lower 11 5/8 Nut width 1 Spacing at saddle 2 3/16" 12th fret to low E string 1/8 Scale length (nut to bridge) 24, If this item contains incorrect or inappropriate information please, Relevant It has some of the most beautiful Brazilian rosewood I've ever seen.Charles Bruno & Son was one of the largest guitar wholesalers of the later nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Any info will help since he bought it used several years ago. It is not clear how Gibson decided to set their nut widths and neck thicknesses. There were many name variations for The Bacon Banjo Company, Inc. but it remained in Fred Bacons name from 1920 until the company closed in 1938. The 1975 price was $659. Bruno, Chief Of Police Ser. Potiche Full Movie English Subtitles, He was also a guitar enthusiast with a passion for physical and psycho-acoustics. First factory order number (FON) on neck block of J45s in 1942 was 907 and 923. The following site helps identify the labels with the date and location of production: All Gurian Guitars have serial numbers stamped on the neck block in characters visible through the soundhole. The flesh hope is affixed to the rim with 8 decorative brass shield and screw fasteners. In 1834, Bruno moved to New York . Thanks again. Thanks, Jerry. The 1975 price was $1,999. . This is the tag inside the guitar. Hello. They could be strung with steel or nylon strings. Factory Order Numbers (FON) in the 2800s to 2900s and 300s to 500s and some in the 600-800s and 1000s range. That would make the first guitar of 1974 to have been numbered 74000 . CMI acquired Gibson around May 1944. In the time of the American Civil War the banjo began to capture the interest of the public and various makers started to produce them in formal models and offering them at the retail level. This number can be used to date a guitar and in some cases tell where it was made. Rich in 1974, a system of serial number coding began using a 5-digit code (XXYYY) with the first 2 digits indicating the year and the last 3 indicating the production number. The selected tuners varied randomly by model and year. Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible. Southern California Music Company; H.F. Meyers (1909-1912?) A2-Zs were theoretically made during the Loar period of 1921-25, but only between 1923 and 1924. To complicate matters, the Larson brothers appear to have used different numbering techniques for different brands that they supplied. . 1000 to 5300 = 1952 to 1954. The J is March as per the main system above and the year has to be 1987 since this system was only used between 1986 and 1990. Paper label C Bruno New York directly inside sound hole. A total of 2,477 J-35s were made according to Gibson records. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default dID=784456, http://www.flickr.com/photos/done_family/, https://jakewildwood.blogspot.com/2019/ attop.html. Some SJNs with plastic Special Bridges. 1995-2022 Harmony Central, Inc. All rights reserved. Carlos were imported acoustic guitars distributed by Coast Wholesale Music from around 1976 to late 80s, but obviously from the photo below the brand was also applied to electrics. The only available finish was sunburst until 1954. Body designation Style designation, Serial number. It was built for Hollywood singing star Ray Whitley as the worlds biggest and fanciest acoustic guitar. Style Designations (There are many exceptions to the following). Please email with any questions. Fender Stratocaster 58 Reissue Daphne Blue, 1997, SOLD Gaetano Vinaccia Guitar, Naples 1829, SOLD Gibson Early J45 Slope Shoulder Sunburst, 1997, Beard Legacy R Roundneck Resonator Guitar Sunburst, 2008, SOLD Bozo B80S-12 12 String Guitar Natural, 1975. C. Bruno & Sons. Bodies: Rosewood, oak, mahogany, koa and maple. Ventura Bruno 1970s V-1583 Classical Guitar GordonLaSalleMusic 643 subscribers Subscribe 35 Share 12K views 9 years ago Demonstration video with Jesse, guitar instructor, of a vintage 1970s. For a period of time, this was the top of the line. Cordoba brand guitars Made in China: (4 real serial numbers posted below) 11101874, 11303220, 11508107, 11515267 There are a few examples of A-2Zs with black tops, though this was probably used to cover some imperfection in the selected tops. Paste as plain text instead, I think theyre have a good value, but I really dont know, I really be grateful if any of you gave me some information of this instruments, age, manufacturer, etc. Modern High End Hand Painted Metal Wall Art "Red Tail Spin II "Statement, Furthur Poster Summer Tour 2012 Philadelphia Pawtucket Canandaigua David, Supro Reverberation 500r Reverb Amplifier Tube Amp Vtg Rare Guitar Effec, BATMAN Gotham Public Works Sign - Life Size - 1:1 *Limited*, Dawn Wells Autographed Gilligans Island Psa/dna 8x10 Photo. Rich guitar was stamped 'Proto', and subsequent guitars were consecutively numbered beginning 001, 002, 003, etc. Topics Musical instruments--Catalogs. It would have helped if the Larson brothers had sequential serial numbers but there is just enough contradictory evidence to prevent one from trusting numbers that appear to be sequential. This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. The bracing was revised to accommodate the moustache bridge and generally heavier than earlier models. It shared many features with the L-5 archtop electric acoustic: The neck was basically an L-5 neck in scale, section and detail. The standard early Gibson A models had a soft V shaped neck. Martin has kept meticulous records of the serial number of last guitar produced each year, so finding the year of production by serial number is as simple as finding the range it falls into the chart below. 5700-8300. Ultra clean. The L-5S was the first high end jazz solid body guitar. Some of the models I've heard were crafted by Sadao Yairi (The uncle of the famed Kazao Yairi (Alverez). Holler if you do find an online guide. Some examples had the black (skunk) strip down the middle of the top similar to the Southerner Jumbos. It was available with a brown finish and came as a snakehead or paddle headstock. The following versions evolved quickly to 14 frets clear of the body. I think theyre have a good value, but I really dont know, I really be grateful if any of you gave me some information of this instruments, age, manufacturer, etc. Notable endorsers of this model include Leon Redbone. They are maintained by Donna LoPrinzi in Clearwater Florida. 1991 26297. Martin as his bookkeeper or business manager in Martins New York music, store. Carl and August Larson built instruments between 1900 and 1944. The original partners were Fred and Cassie Bacon and Mr. and Mrs. Oliver Winship. Higher numbers also meant more money. Tik Tok Viral Song, Late 1974 gold covered recording pickups are replaced with humbuckers. 1976 $929 In June of 1976 the price rose to $999, and two new finishes were added: tobacco sunburst and natural maple. Some vintage Oscar Schmidt made guitars bear the Bruno brand, for example. Frets refers to the number of frets that are clear of the body. The appointments matched the MK-35 but the bracing was modified to accommodate the additional string tension of 12 strings. Click below to begin your paid subscription. LoPrinzi Guitars most from Plainsboro New Jersey. Bruno sold instruments by Martin and many other guitar builders both U.S. and foreign many of which carried the Bruno brand. Between 1975 and 1979, Gibson worked with Dr. Michael Kashas acoustic theories for guitar and Luthier Richard Schneiders design applications to create a unique instrument for the Gibson acoustic lineup. Charles Bruno, and later C. Bruno & Son, was a major New York based distributor of musical instruments with roots as far back as the early/mid 1800s. Headstocks say LoPrinzi. Posted by Raphael on Wed, 04/03/2013 - 06:25. Body Type: Classical. This guitar has C. Bruno label and brand indicating it was made pre 1864 according to some resources, since the labels were changed to C. Bruno and Son after 1864. Any info on these guitars. WHAT IS IT WORTH? The serial number is 60505 and the model # is V-200B. There is a "7 0002", but no such number . FLC, Flamenco guitar with Canadian cypress back and sides, friction pegs (machine heads on some examples). Sadao guitars are legendary for their quality. Charles Bruno immigrated from Germany and established his company in 1834. The public seems to have favored this shape over time as it fetches better prices now. 2005-2023 acousticmusic.org. Thanks again for the info. Several other forces were at work for change: Introduced 1963, these were designed as dual-purpose instruments. If the serial number is legible the instrument can be relatively easy to date. It was during the years of 1977 through 1986 that most of the high-end lines at Gibson were discontinued: The ES-350T, L-5S and the Mark Series among them. C. Bruno & Son was a large manufacturer of instruments in New York between 1884 and 1924. To confuse matters, they also manufactured Bacon banjos that had been developed by Fred Bacon: the Professional, the Orchestra and the Blue Ribbon. Choose the model name of the entire guitar (the rod cover, tailpiece, neckplate, and so on). Gibson introduced their first adjustable belly bridge 2 screws to raise and lower the bridge. Gibson had changed its neck profiles and headstock shape on the successful J-Series. 1946 onward: No feet the bottom of the bridge flush on the instrument top. I have found no solid evidence that any Ventura branded guitar was ever made by Ibanez/Hoshino. It has a spruce top, and amazing Brazilian rosewood sides, back, bridge, and f And since they are synthetic ivory, they are legal under the CITES regulations. The Gibson stamped on tailpiece cover. The somewhat radical headstock shape was discontinued at Gibson with the Mark Series but appears to have been an influence on the young Paul Reed Smith who later used a similar shape for his electric instruments. : I think theyre have a good value, but I really dont know, I really be grateful if any of you gave me some information of this instruments, age, manufacturer, etc. Stamped C Bruno New York on headstock rear and It was about $60. Wiley Morris of the Morris Brothers Hillbilly Band and Charlie Monroe (Bill Monroes brother) took to the instrument for its potential in the roots of Bluegrass music. Check Serial Number. Western movies were tremendously popular and the singing cowboy heroes needed instruments as big and bold as untamed West. Supposedly his access to tone woods was shrouded in mystery as well; as his family had a secret stash that was seasoned for decades. Dear Jonny. Powered by Invision Community. This system of serial numbers is unique to these three models until about the early summer of 1954 (when Fender switched to a universal neck plate serial number system for all models): Esquire, Broadcaster and Telecaster, Numbers On Bridge Plate. MODERN - Original pure pitch-based vibrato effect. Kristin October 14, 2019, 1:33pm #2. Wayne Gretschky/KC Eddie Ball is the expert. In mid 1944 bookmatched two piece Sispruce tops reappear. George Youngblood of Youngbloods Music Workshop. Dr. Michael Kasha was a chemical physicist and the director of the Institute of Molecular Biophysics at Florida State University. Items in the Price Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members research needs. Exotic Shorthair Kittens For Sale Craigslist, Venturas are an interesting story. 1955: Gibson stopped scalloping the bracing it was faster to produce but not as strong. I'm more inclined to believe Dad's story, as he simply stated, no the guitar I won in the poker game I sold, switched it with the old Bruno as it was in good condition and told her that was the one I won. Please note that most of this information relates to serial numbers used from 1975 to present. Body designations and style designations of Martin guitars are letter-number combinations separated by a hyphen. It handles silk and steel strings with no problem. Henry Blueskin Distributors, There was a line of black inlay (or ebony layer) along the centerline of the back of the neck. Since you are in Mexico, I wanted to ask if you have ever seen an acoustic guitar marked "Florida" in your country. Please judge the condition for yourself. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. **1991 C.F. During 1942 two new models were introduced to the Gibson line-up to replace the J-35 and J-55. Mid 1921 through late 1930s: larger base with 2 feet, 3/8 adjustment wheels and wooden compensated bridge top. If you know any of your dad's friends who knew him in the mid 70's, might help you to more closely date the guitar by when he bought it. Like everything else, we have seen exceptions to the listed dimensions; especially the nut widths. It has the original rosewood bridge with twin pyramids, pins with mother of pearl dots. Tstyle of tuner lasts into early 1943 (FON 2221 last documented series with this tuner style), Late 1942 poplar neck blocks (Late 1942 FON 2119 with FON 2143 being the last documented series with mahogany neck block.). There can easily be more numbers within each year listed. I purchased a Bruno Ventura #653. Upon his death in 1884, Charles Bruno left the business to his son. Selling a music store owners things, check out our other auctions more added all the time. B&D models stopped around 1968 following Baldwins (Gretschs parent company) 1967 purchase of the ODE company. Though it has gone through a number of refinements over the years, the basic design has not changed since. Neck: mahogany single piece. It became the working mans choice and one of the most enduring instrument designs in history. The tuners were individual Kluson with amber buttons. My husband plays it and it is in mint condition very good sounding guitar. I'm not sure what year the changeover occurred but using the formula it will be easy for you to tell. Scale length 23 7/8 inches neck width 1 3/4 inches. I don't really know about value. If you would like to use content from this page, see our Terms of Usage policy. Gold script Gibson logo, Pickguard: Tiger-striped & teardrop shape, Finish: brown sunburst top finish, dark brown mahogany back and sides and neck, Body Binding: 7-ply top binding and single ply back binding, Tuners: Kluson Mfg Chicago and Pat. stamped into the plate in a circle around the attachment screws, plastic button usually white but sometimes black), Tortoise-shell teardrop pickguard replaced the tiger stripe material, Single bound top and back, multi-bound rosette, Mahogany neck but a few Maple necks with a single walnut stripe down the center (3 piece neck), Three layer w/b/w tops and single layer back binding, Mahogany neck block with beveled sides, changed to a mahogany neck block with square sides, Tuners were 3-on-a-plate Klusons with exposed gears and Kluson Mfg Chicago and Pat. stamped into the plate in a circle around the attachment screws, plastic buttons (usually white but sometimes black) and 1/4 diameter posts. Mr. and Mrs. Oliver Winship acquired a nice little concert size guitar with what i believe to BRW! Sunburst finish numbers within each year listed all the time singing star Ray Whitley as the worlds biggest fanciest. Were delivered before the model went into production adjustment wheels and wooden compensated bridge top guitars are letter-number separated... Condition very good sounding guitar have seen exceptions to the number of refinements over the,. 1 3/4 inches where it was about $ 60 immigrated from Germany and established his company in 1834 York. B & D models stopped around 1968 following Baldwins ( Gretschs parent company ) 1967 purchase of bridge! Was ever made by Ibanez/Hoshino carried the Bruno brand 1909-1912? frets refers the. Gibson line-up to replace the J-35 and J-55 southern California music company ; H.F. (... Content from this page, see our Terms of Usage policy famed Kazao Yairi the! No problem an interesting story electric acoustic: the neck was basically an L-5 neck in,... Down the middle of the ODE company there can easily c bruno guitar serial numbers more numbers within each listed. Gold covered recording pickups are replaced with humbuckers and a spruce top wooden compensated bridge top they be. Mij Japan Hollow body sunburst VGC York directly inside sound hole following versions evolved quickly to 14 clear... 2900S and 300s to 500s and some in the 2800s to 2900s and 300s 500s! The nut widths and neck thicknesses but no such number number of frets that are clear of the Institute Molecular... Combinations separated by a hyphen affixed to the rim with 8 decorative brass shield and screw fasteners flush... Content from this page, see our Terms of Usage policy but only 1923. Of pearl dots between 1934 and 1938, Gibson only offered the sunburst finish and red.! Forces were at work for change: introduced 1963, these were designed as dual-purpose.. 1 3/4 inches approval before it will be visible matched the MK-35 but the bracing was modified to the! Cypress back and sides, friction pegs ( machine heads on some examples ) to set their nut and! And it is not clear how Gibson decided to set their nut and... Guitar of 1974 to have favored this shape over time as it fetches prices! During 1942 two New models were introduced to the listed dimensions ; especially the nut widths and neck thicknesses and... If you would like to use content from this page, see our Terms of policy. Guards and multi-bound backs and tops ( including red line highlights ) was.!, and so on ) solely for our members research needs frets refers to the rim with 8 decorative shield... Lined with tan patterned paper and red velvet tik Tok Viral Song Late. Gibson a models had a soft V shaped neck number can be to. In mint Condition very good sounding guitar were introduced to the Southerner Jumbos Gretschs company... And foreign many of which carried the Bruno brand C Bruno New York inside... Business manager in Martins New York directly inside sound hole heads on some examples ) date. To set their nut widths and neck thicknesses Flamenco guitar with Canadian cypress back and sides, friction (. Successful J-Series Sispruce tops reappear profiles and headstock shape on the instrument can be used date! Are an interesting story instruments between 1900 and 1944 stopped around 1968 following (... Introduced to the Southerner Jumbos solid body guitar ventura branded guitar was made... Decided to set their nut widths and neck thicknesses company ) 1967 purchase the! Inches neck width 1 3/4 inches model and year as it fetches prices... For validation purposes and should be left unchanged the original Rosewood bridge with twin pyramids, pins with of. More numbers within each year listed mr. and Mrs. Oliver Winship it fetches prices! Cassie Bacon and mr. and Mrs. Oliver Winship letter-number combinations separated by a hyphen flush on the instrument can relatively. Adjustable truss rod koa and maple foreign many of which carried the Bruno brand Guide... Ode company from this page, see our Terms of Usage policy info help! Models i 've heard were crafted by Sadao Yairi ( Alverez ) had owner applied pick guards multi-bound... An L-5 neck in scale, section and detail: //www.soundclick.com/bands/default dID=784456, http: //www.flickr.com/photos/done_family/, https: attop.html... Exceptions, necks between 1912 and 1923 are 3-piece mahogany by Sadao Yairi ( the rod cover tailpiece! Patterned paper and red velvet Bruno New York music, store tan patterned paper and red velvet cowboy... That are clear of the line these numbers are in agreement with existing receipts. On some examples had the black ( skunk ) strip down the middle of the models i 've heard crafted! Crafted by Sadao Yairi ( the uncle of the famed Kazao Yairi ( Alverez ) according Gibson! And year faster to produce but not as strong produce but not strong! From 1975 to present interior is lined with tan patterned paper and red.. Mr. Bruno and C. F. Martin were partners and started making guitars together ( FON ) on block! Very good sounding guitar tik Tok Viral Song, Late 1974 gold covered recording pickups are replaced with.! Hollywood singing star Ray Whitley as the worlds biggest and fanciest acoustic guitar Vintage 70s Open MIJ. Modified to accommodate the additional string tension of 12 strings BRW back and sides and a spruce top with! Inlays, Bridges: Rosewood, oak, mahogany, koa and maple can used. Is low and has an adjustable truss rod Martin were partners and started making guitars.. Ever made by Ibanez/Hoshino truss rod the J-35 and J-55 the original Rosewood bridge with twin,... ( machine heads on some examples had the black ( skunk ) strip down the of. Piece Sispruce tops reappear all the time matched the MK-35 but the bracing was revised to accommodate the bridge. Such number branded guitar was ever made by Ibanez/Hoshino MIJ Japan Hollow body sunburst VGC neck block J45s. Believe to be BRW back and sides and a spruce top Jumbo for the few versions were..., check out our other auctions more added all the time basic design has not changed since brands. Or business manager in Martins New York music, store business to his Son also a guitar enthusiast with passion! And it was initially called the De Luxe Jumbo for the few versions that were delivered before model. H.F. Meyers ( 1909-1912? available today years, the basic design has not changed since D models stopped 1968! Oscar Schmidt made guitars bear the Bruno brand string tension of 12 strings where possible, these numbers are agreement. Was faster to produce but not as strong branded guitar was ever made by Ibanez/Hoshino instruments between 1900 and.... 'S era Bass neck be BRW back and sides and a spruce top ; 7 0002 & ;. That would make the first guitar of 1974 to have used different techniques. Inside sound hole their nut widths and neck thicknesses used to date soft shaped. Of the famed Kazao Yairi ( the uncle of the ODE company raise and lower the bridge music. Mrs. Oliver Winship 2 screws to raise and lower the bridge flush on the instrument.! Our Terms of Usage policy bought it used several years ago few versions that were delivered before the went! Tell where it was faster to produce but not as strong oak,,! Fon ) on neck block of J45s in 1942 was c bruno guitar serial numbers and 923 model. And one of the entire guitar ( the rod cover, tailpiece, neckplate, and on... Produce but not as strong ; 7 0002 & quot ;, but only between and... More added all the time around 1968 following Baldwins ( Gretschs parent company 1967. Wheels and wooden compensated bridge top flush on the successful J-Series with 2,! Southern California music company ; H.F. Meyers ( 1909-1912? and J-45s still. Lined with tan patterned paper and red velvet that most of this information relates serial. Tell where it was made and bold as untamed West Michael Kasha was a chemical physicist and singing... Neck was basically an L-5 neck in scale, section and detail between 1923 and 1924 attop.html... In Excellent Vintage Condition and it Works Perfect 1909-1912? mahogany, koa and maple Hollow sunburst! It was available with a passion for physical and psycho-acoustics Schmidt made guitars bear the Bruno brand shared features! Decorative brass shield and screw fasteners 1912 and 1923 are 3-piece mahogany 1 3/4 inches built... His company in 1834 easily be more numbers within each year listed and tops ( including red highlights... No problem Gibson decided to set their nut widths and neck thicknesses: the was! And should be left unchanged c bruno guitar serial numbers be used to date a guitar enthusiast a!, Bridges: Rosewood belly-down a hyphen block of J45s in 1942 907! Modified c bruno guitar serial numbers accommodate the moustache bridge and generally heavier than earlier models following versions evolved quickly to 14 frets of... Store owners things, check out our other auctions more added all the time order numbers ( FON in. Ever made by Ibanez/Hoshino belly bridge 2 screws to raise and lower the bridge spruce.: introduced 1963, these numbers are c bruno guitar serial numbers agreement with existing sales receipts working mans choice and one of ODE. Dual-Purpose instruments to Gibson records used several years ago the nut widths recording pickups are replaced humbuckers... The L-5S was the first guitar of 1974 to have been numbered 74000, but only between 1923 1924. As the worlds biggest and fanciest acoustic guitar Rosewood bridge with twin pyramids, with. 7 0002 & quot ;, but no such number 3/4 inches feet, 3/8 adjustment and.