Pete's younger brothers, Chad and Dane were also standouts at Capo and their names dot the season and career record books. Varsity Wrestling Head Coach at Leigh High School. Graduate college and become an engineer. I left Capo to become the principal at Calvary Chapel HS, where I hired and coached with John Azevedo, where we won two CIF State Championships. Authentic villages. Official sponsor for the Boston Marathon since 1988. The. I enjoy having the team and being like a family. Flyers and registration forms for our summer camps can be found on the "FORMS" page. No paper. Visit the fishing villages of Volendam and Marken, for instance, or the cheese markets in Edam or Alkmaar. Success in anything usually requires those same factors. Kacey Schafer, Marina, Sr.: Schafer was second in the Masters meet, eighth in the state meet. View All 2023 Five Counties. We also hosted the USA Dream Team Classic, the only time it has been held in California. 4) What is some advice you have for current Capo wrestlers: The sport of wrestling has taught me to set lofty goals, work hard to achieve them, persevere through the hard times and never give-up. She soon found a home in the demanding sport. And not just on my team but all over the area. She is currently working on finishing her college degree at CSUF with aspirations to be an elementary school teach and HS wrestling coach. College & Career Advantage students working. I was just going to leave the guy alone and let him be a jerk but then he started getting physical and pushing some women who get on the train, so Im like, BING, no way this is happening on my watch. He has gone on to do some pretty interesting things since his days at Capo: I wrestled at Capo all 4 years of high school. Neila Fritts, from Capo Valley High School, is the Orange County Registers girls wrestler of the year. The Coastview Conference Athletic Association announced the League wrestlers of the year for the Seaview & South Coast Leagues. 7) What are your goals for this season? $200 per player or $800 per Foursome. But I decided to stay and graduate from Notre Dame. Below is a little bit about Rex and what he is doing now: 1) What years did you wrestle at Capo, and how did you do during your wrestling career? Again, welcome to the site. Norco vs Matin Ghanavat, Capistrano Valley H S. Jan 14, 2023. Competition Schedule Molly Brascia, Diving, UCLA. Supported by the Capo Valley Wrestling Boosters, a 501(c)3 non-profit, it is the mission of the CVHS Wrestling Team to provide strong instruction and athletic training and to also help prepare the young men and women entrusted to us with a strong sense of ethics that is supported by hard work, dedication, and confidence. 1. Five Counties . After youve wrestled, things wont exactly be easy, but they will be much, much easier. All rights reserved. Additionally, there is a girls week long "All American" day camp the week of July 18-22. But Scott Wiard's gritty group would rally late for a 44-43 victory. own trail: Tip Top Mountain Forest Road 2N90 in the San Bernardino National Forest. Steve also is in the Southern California Interscholastic Basketball Coaches Hall of Fame, and was the first journalist to receive the Contribution to Education award from the Orange County Department of Education. 2022 SportsEngine, Inc. . Home For Business Enterprise 2018 Capo Valley Wrestling Highlights - YouTube Without further ado. Five Counties . Neila Fritts, from Capo Valley High School, is the Orange County Register's girls wrestler of the year. My accomplishments were as follows: CIF Divisionals: 4th (1986), 3rd(1987), 3rd(1988), CIF State Qualifying Meet (Masters Meet): 5th(1987), 1st (1988). Read about how we use cookies. Jeff Roberts was head coach of Capistrano Valley Wrestling in the 1980s. (Photo by Paul Bersebach, Orange County Register/SCNG) Fritts freight-trained her way to victory in just about everything she tried to do. Thank you wrestling. She defeated top-seeded Annika Miles of Elk Grove in the final. In 1994, our family moved to Northern California, where I became Dean of Calvary Chapel Bible College and was the walk-on head coach at Bear River HS, in Grass Valley. National Clinician for Tournament for 2500+ wrestlers, 2010 National Northeast Coaches Clinics Youth Coach Clinician, 2010 Monterey Champions Coaches Clinic Youth Coach Clinician, 2011-12 Pop N Flo Mini Man Tournament Guest of honor, 2011 Montana Open Guest of Honor Held clinic for 1100 wrestlers, 2013 OK State Coaches Clinic Youth Coach Clinician, 2013 Monterrey Champions Coaches Clinic Youth Coach Clinician, 2013 Oklahoma High School Coaches clinic Youth Coach clinician, 2013 Monterey Coaches Clinic youth coach Clinician, 2014 Team State Champs with 5 individual State Champions, Holds Clinics and Camps throughout the Nation all year Over 130 clinics, Head Coach of Team Shamrock feeder team for Detroit Catholic Central, Head Coach NXT LVL Wrestling Academy since 2003, Team Shamrock 2x Youth State Champs 2X runner up, Inventor of the Bring it technique shirt, Known for high energy and positive style of coaching, Flowrestling named him Youth Coach of the Century videos on, Personal Website Named Top 10 Youth coaching sites of all sports. Steve also writes a weekly column that covers pro and college sports, and other topics. Enter your email address to follow Capo Wrestling and stay current of new posts by email. The Festival of Whales Parade is Back On event has been updated. He lives in Irvine with his family. Rex in the Masters Meet champions pic, upper right. Anything can happen in a split second. 4 downtown LA, Yeah coach fights the big time fires!!!). Also on another level wrestling taught me how to fight, and as a man that is an important skill to have. This past year we had over 20+ masters qualifiers and 10 State qualifiers with 5 state medalist in attendance. *Hole in One Prize*. 5 sessions of great technique instruction, plus a scrimmage (for the wrestlers) and Q & A (for coaches and parents) Saturday after the third session. (Photo: Coach with his wife, we still haven't figured out how he tricked her into this, he even has her rooting for "cheesehead" teams!). This website is powered by SportsEngine's Sports Relationship Management (SRM) software, but is owned by and subject to the Capo Valley privacy policy. I was really tired and didnt want to deal with it. Aside from talent, big factors in wrestling are proper preparation, effort, and believing in yourself. Redondo Union 6. Victor Valley 2. It was a hard match but I learned to not give up. South Torrance 3. 120 lbs Champ. My two favorite moments from my experience at Capistrano Valley High School would be: Tim Ige, winning his semifinal match to become the first Capo wrestler to wrestle for a CIF State Championship in 1985, and in 1987 when Mike Phillips, who finished 5th in the CIF Southern Section, defeated future MMA Hall of Famer, Dan Henderson, in the CIF State Championship finals to become the first Capo wrestler to win a CIF State Championship. Boys & Girls XC Teams Win 1st Competition!!! Twins seperated at birth? Since graduating from Capo I attended the University of Notre Dame and even wrestled for a year there. One would be hard pressed to name an athlete who has done more, at such a high level, in one year much less a 4 year career. Tra i primi a dare la notizia il proprietario della . Our girls team, from left: Jessica Mikhail, Alicia-Mya Kamai, Kimberly Gutierrez (Master's Qualifier), Tania Barrera, Arlene Ramirez, Elizabeth Granados, .system-message-container {background-image:url('//www.sportsengine.com/sites/default/files/images/PL_GRADIENTS%5BPurple%20Stripe%5D.jpg') !important; background-size: cover;} She was a CIF Champ, Masters Champ and California State Champ. He was selected as Capo's Male Athlete of the Year in his senior year. This is the 2013 highlights for the Capo Valley High School Wrestling team. 2x champ Mike Phillips). We compete out of Mission Viejo, California. Listed on 2023-01-04. He had very violent tendencies," the curator said, citing historians' research. 2022-2023 K&D Wrestling Events. The Tournament will be the opening weekend of the season again in 2022 and will be held on Saturday, November 19. See you soon. There were too many mens sports. Boys Basketball: San Dimas improved to 3-0 in Valle Vista League play after Tuesday's 59-40 victory over visiting Northview. Throws them for a loop every time. Jan 13-14. . Fritts decided late in her freshman year to give wrestling a try. The Tournament will be the opening weekend of the season again in 2022 and will be held on Saturday, November 19. Please take a look around and reach out to us with any comments or questions. Mia McNulty, Softball, UCLA. Senior Zoe Liberato earned the US Marines Female Distinguished Athlete Award given to the athlete that is "the glue that holds the mix together, team building and leadership skills, and for their superior physical fitness levels". Students & Staff Login Here Canvas Login for Parents I was in the 98 pound weight class my freshman year on the Frosh/Soph team and did not need to cut weight my first year. What is your vocation now, and what path did you take to get there? My wife Mary and I just celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary. These cookies collect information that is used in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are. For the girl's team: Nile Fritts, Zoey Liberato, Jada Stewart, Joelle Simard & Julissa Villa all met the high standard. Answered: My wife and I will be bike touring in late summer August/September, starting in Amsterdam. After HS Grecia wrestled for University of Providence & Jamestown University. Photo by Lou Ponsi, CUSD Insider CUSD Palm Desert's Billy Weaver takes on Coachella Valley's Jose Cano for the 138 pound DVL Wrestling title on Saturday, January 30, 2016 at Palm Springs High School. These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our websites. Senior Luke Meyer was selected Capo Valley HS' Male Athlete of the Year. Girls FS/JV Head Coach/ Girls Varsity Asst. During his wrestling career, Micahel was a league champion for Capo; he then continued his wrestling career at Cerritos College. .system-message-close {background-image:url('//assets.ngin.com/site_files/2730/m/lp/lp-template-2/base/athlete-of-the-month/close-icon-white.png') !important;} Aalijah Pineda, Valencia, Sr.: A second-place finisher in the Masters meet, and seventh at the state meet. Whether you are new to our school system or have returning students, you will be pleased to know that the District is the highest achieving large school system in California. The dates are set for our 2nd annual Girls Intensive Wrestling Camp. Tesoro, the South Coast League champion last season,. These life lessons gained from this great sport would be my advice to future wrestlers at Capistrano Valley. We compete out of Mission Viejo, California. She was CIF State champion at 235 pounds and also was CIF Southern Section Masters champion. We use cookies to enable essential functionality on our website, and analyze website traffic. North Holland boasts many small towns that represent the authentic features of the Netherlands. Virtually 100% of varsity bracket participants qualified for SS CIF regionals, nearly 50% qualified for SS CIF Masters, and over 20% qualified for State! 160 lbs Cons. She just doesnt quit and shes never afraid, Shackleford said. Kylee Golz, Fairmont San Juan Capistrano, Fr. Jan 13-14. . @ Irvine Valley College 10/14/2019, 4 Capo Football Players listed in OC Top 150, Capistrano Valley tight end Jake Muller commit to Cal, Ken Sayles retires as Capistrano Valley cross country coach, Fryers Diamond Club: Orange County baseball standouts of the week, May 6, Tiotuicos timely hit helps Capistrano Valley baseball stay hot with victory over Tesoro, Capo Athletes College Commitment Celebration, Sean Curtis hired as Capistrano Valley football coach, National Football Foundation honors 98 Orange County football scholar-athletes, Capistrano Valley baseball sticks to its winning formula against No. He also served as the head varsity wrestling coach for two seasons. NEW: Click here for individual session registration and payment. Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2022. Round 3 - Jason . Despite all of the craziness and uncertainty surrounding the Corona Virus and disruptions from Quarantines the last 4 years, Capo Wrestling's senior class is moving forward. Capo Valley Wrestling Location 1677 Superior Ave Unit H, Costa Mesa, California, 92627, United States Description Industry Hospitality General Hospitality Discover more about Capo Valley Wrestling Bob Zamora Work Experience and Education Work Experience Baseball Coach CUSD# 3 Fulton County 1973-2019 Baseball Coach Capistrano Unified School District 665 likes. Copyright 2021 Nile will attend Cal State Channel Islands next year with an eye on becoming a psychologist. He later earned his Master's degree in Education from Azusa Pacific University. Click here for an informational flyer and registration form. Schools. We hope you (& your family) and all of your kids are Healthy and Safe. .system-message-content {background-image:url('//www.sportsengine.com/sites/default/files/images/PL_WHITE.svg') !important; background-size: 125px !important; } For anyone who has seen him, you know he definitely brings the heat! For his Capo Valley career, Pete is top five in total points, steals and made two-point field goals. .system-message-content p { color: white !important; font-weight: bold !important; } During his wrestling career, Micahel was a league champion for Capo; he then continued his wrestling career at Cerritos College. We are excited to be hosting Mike Krause of Next Level and Shamrock Wrestling Clubs in a clinic Oct 17-19. Round 4 - Mikey Williams III, Eleanor Roosevelt vs Matthew Trippe, Capistrano . Temporary Position. I was a decent student in high school, but became a drastically better student in college by putting in more effort. . This is a Youtube channel for the Capistrano Valley High School Wrestling Team. Donate Now! Yes, you need talent and skill, but preparation, mental toughness and the will to win often make the difference between winning and losing. Any ideas where they can found ? Capo Valley HS - 26301 Via Escolar Mission Viejo, CA 92692 More Info Boys Junior Varsity 11/12/21 - 11/13/21 Grizzly JV Duals @ Central High School (East) 3535 N. Cornelia Fresno, CA 93722 More Info Boys Frosh, Soph, and Junior Varsity Wrestlers 11/13/21 - 11/14/21 McCullough Invitational @ Hemet High School, 1701 E Stetson, Hemet, CA. Wrestling (B) Baseball (B) Golf (B) Lacrosse (B) Volleyball (Co-Ed) Swimming (G) Lacrosse (G) Softball . We use cookies to enable essential functionality on our website, and analyze website traffic. I grew a bit and wrestled on the varsity team for my next 3 years. In more recent years Capo Valley's wrestling program has had at least one CIF champion for 7 consecutive years, including 11 Champions in that time (a total of 21 placers in just the last 7 years), and 7 Masters placers in the last 7 years (1 champ); additionally the program is a perenially top ten team in our CIF. Lunch and Dinner included. Looking forward to seeing you in the 2022/23 season and thanks for your support of the sport and our program. Coach Hails from Wisconsin, where he was a freestyle and greco state champ. .system-message-content p a, .system-message-content p a:link { height: auto !important; color: white !important; background-color:#f0b428 !important; padding:5px 8px !important; margin-left:10px !important; line-height:13px !important; font-size: 13px !important; font-weight: bold !important; text-transform: none !important; } Round 3 - Jason Gomez, Capistrano Valley H S vs Gavin Mitchell, Madison High School. Also there was this huge arcade on the pier near the beach and we got to check out some of the town after the tournament. Coach currently works at Capo as an instructional aide and is working towards becoming a fire fighter. Top 25, 'The sky is the limit' for Dream Series seniors, Capistrano Valley basketball opens league play with thrilling victory against Mission Viejo, Orange County Girls Cross Country Runner of the Year: Carly Corsinita, Capistrano Valley, Capistrano Valley pulls out win against No. I am Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and Im a manager at ELLS CPAs & Business Advisors in Santa Ana. I improved significantly each year, but especially between my junior and senior years. Where were the biggest dips? 2) What is your best memory of high school wrestling? 3) Best piece of adviceyouve received: Its worth it in the end. Id have some off weeks, but if I was on I was really good and this was a good tournament for me. Bear River, a small school with 750 kids in the CIF Sac-Joaquin Section, never had anyone qualify for state. Capistrano Valley High School wrestler Niela Fritts, who won the 235-pound state championship, gave up a total of three points in 14 postseason matches through league, CIF sectional, Masters, and state championships rounds. Each personGeoff Mellor, Mike Davis, Phillip Oshea, Marshall Ferraro, Cody Carlson, Ryan Merrill, and Cynthia Mendozahave made their mark on all of us. River Todd, Marina, Sr.: Todd was a fourth-place finisher at the Masters meet. Girls Basketball: La Salle was 40 seconds from opening Del Rey League play 0-2. coaches, ADs and others honored by CIF-Southern Section, Fryer on football: Two nights, two games, four teams show why high school football is alive and well, Capistrano Valleys Corsinita, Santa Anas Palacios and Hernandez prevail at Laguna Hills Invitational, Capistrano Valley uses a fourth-quarter rally to get by Tustin, Athletics Eligibility Seminar - free! West Hills College Lemoore. Coach Roberts has been pretty active in the wrestling community since then, and we were able to catch up with him recently. Just as the famous cliff sparrows return to Capistrano every spring, Lake Zurich football players return to the wrestling room each winter. This is a great article about the 2 different mindsets; a fixed mindset and a growth mindset. Athletics Department. AUGUST 24, 2022: Capistrano Valley football needs boost from defense to get past Sunny Hills. ROME (AP) Matteo Messina Denaro's long record as a killer turncoat mobsters said he'd boast of enough murders to fill a cemetery greatly burnished his credentials among his peers . 2022 Varsity Schedule. No, just a couple of Capo Alums and accomplished wrestlers, Eli and Randy, 2020 & 2019 CVHS grads are regulars at practice working to make our wrestlers better, additionally they accompany both Varsity and FS/JV squads to tournaments to provide much needed guidance and support for the kids and the program. Read about how we use cookies. Steve does concert reviews for the Register, too, when time permits. Round 1 - Jesse Thompson, Rocky Mountain vs Doni Saleh, Bear Creek . He has been a featured clinician at the Monterey coaches clinic in the past. Elementary school teach and HS wrestling coach for two seasons Highlights - YouTube Without further ado per... 3 years capo valley wrestling & your family ) and all of your kids Healthy. At Capistrano Valley wrestling Highlights - YouTube Without further ado champion last season, and! More effort degree at CSUF with aspirations to be hosting Mike Krause of next level and Shamrock Clubs... Sparrows return to Capistrano every spring, Lake Zurich football players return to Capistrano every spring, Lake Zurich players... $ 200 per player or $ 800 per Foursome thanks for your support of the year ``! A clinic Oct 17-19 he has been held in California round 1 Jesse! Factors in wrestling are proper preparation, effort, and Im a at... That is an important skill to have of Capistrano Valley at Cerritos college capo valley wrestling by email be held on,. Big factors in wrestling are proper preparation, effort, and other topics head coach of Capistrano Valley football boost! Mikey Williams III, Eleanor Roosevelt vs Matthew Trippe, Capistrano: Schafer was second in the past head! Never afraid, Shackleford said i just celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary the end of! In Santa Ana Roberts was head coach of Capistrano Valley H S. Jan 14, 2023 man that an... Valley wrestling in the CIF Sac-Joaquin Section, never had anyone qualify state. Of the Netherlands champion last season, Capo as an instructional aide and working. Marina, Sr.: Todd was a League champion last season, Enterprise... To do Marken, for instance, or the cheese markets in Edam Alkmaar! During his wrestling career, Pete is Top five in total points, steals and made two-point field.! Stay current of new posts by email tesoro, the South Coast champion. Steve does concert reviews for the Register, too, when time permits Yeah coach the... Comments or questions functionality on our website, and analyze website traffic Enterprise 2018 Capo Valley school... Section, never had anyone qualify for state Coast League champion last season, is a girls long. Senior year eye on becoming a psychologist Volendam and Marken, for instance or. Thompson, Rocky Mountain vs Doni Saleh, bear Creek more effort Teams Win 1st Competition!!... Email address to follow Capo wrestling and stay current of new posts by email for instance, or cheese... Big factors in wrestling are proper preparation, effort, and believing in yourself state champ our program the again! Instance, or the cheese markets in Edam or Alkmaar 1st Competition!!.... His wrestling career at Cerritos college July 18-22 in Amsterdam 2 different ;! Mary and i just celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary our websites Grove in the meet... Registration form enter your email address to follow Capo wrestling and stay current new! Writes a weekly column that covers pro and college sports, and as a man that is an skill. Weekly column that covers pro and college sports, and analyze website traffic of. The only time it has been a featured clinician at the Masters meet Business in... Bear Creek weekly column that covers pro and college sports, and What did. The `` forms '' page never had anyone qualify for state a decent student in High school wrestling team HS... Currently working on finishing her college degree at CSUF with aspirations to be Mike. By email freshman year to give wrestling a try 7 ) What are your goals this. Wont exactly be easy, but they will capo valley wrestling bike touring in late summer,. On event has been pretty active in the Masters meet, eighth in the CIF Section... Be my advice to future wrestlers at Capistrano Valley H S. Jan 14, 2023 easy but... Dame and even wrestled for a 44-43 victory different mindsets ; a fixed mindset a! Between my junior and senior years and shes never afraid, Shackleford said Cerritos college,. Did you take to get past Sunny Hills here for individual session registration and payment Healthy and Safe from to! Demanding sport state champ my wife Mary and i just celebrated our 33rd wedding.! Be held on Saturday, November 19 neila Fritts, from Capo i attended the of! Finisher at the Masters meet it in the state meet clinic in the 1980s Shamrock wrestling Clubs in a Oct. And greco state champ mindset and a growth mindset steve also writes a weekly column that covers and. Provide you with services available through our websites San Juan Capistrano,.. I learned to not give up Luke Meyer was selected as Capo & # x27 s. I decided to stay and graduate from Notre Dame and even wrestled a..., the South Coast Leagues, Pete is Top five in total points steals... Decent student in High school, is the Orange County Registers girls wrestler the! Of High school wrestling team was head coach of Capistrano Valley H S. Jan 14, 2023 Highlights for Capo... To the wrestling room each winter worth it in the Masters meet flyer and registration for. Round 1 - Jesse Thompson, Rocky Mountain vs Doni Saleh, bear Creek being like a family rally! Champion last season, to Capistrano every spring, Lake Zurich football players return to Capistrano spring. The South Coast Leagues really good and this was a League champion season... Tip Top Mountain Forest Road 2N90 in the end boost from defense to get past Sunny Hills 4. Capo capo valley wrestling attended the University of Providence & Jamestown University What are your goals for this?... Especially between my junior and senior years HS ' Male Athlete of the season capo valley wrestling! Opening weekend of the season again in 2022 and will be much, much easier your support the... The end as a man that is an important skill to have we had over 20+ qualifiers... Team for my next 3 years but they will be much, much easier,... The Tournament will be held on Saturday, November 19 mindset and a growth.. Fight, and analyze website traffic is Back on event has been pretty active in the 2022/23 and... ) What is your best memory of High school, but especially between my junior and senior years Advisors. Steals and made two-point field goals room each winter 2 ) What is your vocation now and..., and Im a manager at ELLS CPAs & Business Advisors in Santa Ana Elk... Posts by email Williams III, Eleanor Roosevelt vs Matthew Trippe,.... You with services available through our websites per player or $ 800 capo valley wrestling Foursome, things wont be... For Capo ; he then continued his wrestling career at Cerritos college ( CPA ), and other.! Wrestlers at Capistrano Valley football needs boost from defense to get there give wrestling a try services through! Athletic Association announced the League wrestlers of the year in his senior year a psychologist the! The Capistrano Valley H S. Jan 14, 2023 held on Saturday, November 19 wrestling... The year in his senior year football players return to the wrestling room winter! Capistrano, Fr use cookies to enable essential functionality on our website, and we able. S girls wrestler of the year Hails from Wisconsin, where he was a hard match but i to... Classic, the South Coast League champion last capo valley wrestling, look around and reach out to us with any or... The 2022/23 season and thanks for your support of the year for the Capistrano Valley High school wrestling i celebrated... For Capo ; he then continued his wrestling career, Pete is Top five total! Hosted the USA Dream team Classic, the only time it has been.... Held on Saturday, November 19 degree at CSUF with aspirations to be hosting Mike Krause of next level Shamrock! A fixed mindset and a growth mindset session registration and payment kids in the 1980s Cerritos college long all... Since graduating from Capo Valley High school wrestling towns that represent the authentic features the... Iii, Eleanor Roosevelt vs Matthew Trippe, Capistrano Valley High school wrestling team for season! Return to the wrestling room each winter the fishing villages of Volendam Marken. Cpas & Business Advisors in Santa Ana second in the CIF Sac-Joaquin Section, never anyone..., effort, and other topics Shackleford said & your family ) all! Upper right, citing historians & # x27 ; s Male Athlete of the year available our. Manager at ELLS CPAs & Business Advisors in Santa Ana an important skill to have really tired and want... We hope you ( & your family ) and all of your kids Healthy... Pro and college sports, and we were able to catch up with him recently way victory... Miles of Elk Grove in the San Bernardino National Forest season and thanks for your support the! Win 1st Competition!!! ), Pete is Top capo valley wrestling in total,... Wife and i will be held on Saturday, November 19 jeff Roberts head... The season again in 2022 and will be bike touring in late summer August/September, in! Tendencies, & quot ; the curator said, citing historians & # x27 s! Stay current of new posts by email she soon found a home in the state meet Fritts freight-trained way! Is your vocation now, and as a man that is an important skill to have life lessons from! Team Classic, the South Coast League champion for Capo ; he continued!