However their roles were historically a little different. However, there are a couple of big, scary health problems associated with large numbers of this breed, so be very careful and do a lot of research if you are thinking of bringing one into your home. A Cavador is the name given to a cross between a Labrador Retriever and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Golden Retrievers also have a big problem with cancer,so look into the lines of the Golden Retriever parent and make sure that a lot of their relatives have not died young from this disease. Male Cockapoo. The Cockapoo especially has a high-maintenance coat. Afghan Hounds live on average a similar time to Labradors, at around 12 years of age. 2006. Do you prefer a larger dog or a smaller one? Mukherjee M et al. When looking at longevity size is a big factor, and giant breed dogs regardless of whether they are mix bred or not will have shorter lifespans. As with any purebred dog, it depends entirely upon why you want a canine companion. We thought we had heard of it all here at Cockapoo HQ, but then we came across another curious and intriguing designer dog known as a Cockador, or Spanador, depending on what you prefer. Required fields are marked *. These are beautiful dogs, who tend to have long coats that require a lot of grooming, so you will need to be prepared that your Lab mix may be the same. If you want a small Lab mix as a family companion then getting one who is crossed with a smaller, calmer breed is a good choice. Bad doggie neighbors, $4k later, he cant be left alone in his own back yard. He looks amazing. The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel parent should be over 5 years old, having had no signs of mitral valve disease and having a clear MRI scan at that age. If you are home a lot, love long walks and visits to the park, and want a friendly outgoing dog that will give you plenty of attention, then a Cocker Spaniel Labrador mix may just be the dog for you. What you can see though in the pictures above, is that the Cockapoo has a longer muzzle. 2 Appearance. When it comes to size, theres a big range in these two crossbreeds. You should therefore also ask the breeder about the history of cancer in their lines, and the ages of death of the previous generations. Since both of the parent breeds are in the Sports Group of dogs, they tend to excel at running, hunting, fetching, and swimming. The Weimaraner is a beautiful dog, and an intelligent one too. Afghan temperaments tend to be more aloof than that of Labs, with less boisterous enthusiasm for everyone they meet. The Cockapoo is a poodle and American cocker spaniel. when i lived with my dad he never really cared all that much about. In particular, both breeds have a genetic predisposition to cataractsas well as Progressive Retinal Atrophy (PRA). Sticking a stupid cutsie-poo LYING label on a MUTT/MONGREL(like cockapoo!) That the Rottie has tight eyes, has never needed surgery for entropion, ectropion or cruciate ligament disease. 12. He has also needed to work co-operatively, changing direction on cue and fetching when required. She is almost 3 years old and inspired me to create this website. The Cockapoo is a mixed breed, achieved by crossing a Cocker Spaniel with a Poodle. In recent years, The Cockador has gained popularity as a family pet due to its friendly personality, intelligence, and resilience. One way to January 25, 2023. Cockapoos and Labradoodles may seem quite similar. Cocker Spaniels have long, silky hair. Lumbosacral stenosis in Labrador retriever military working dogs an exomic exploratory study. For any parent, puppy health insurance, a lot cheaper then anything. hypoallergenic you can find in a dog. But one of the most common Lab mix combinations is the Lab Terrier Mix. A Cockapoo may inherit this coat, the Poodle coat, or a combination. We had what the adoption agency and every vet he went to called a labrador and cocker spaniel mix for many years. They are fairly rare, as Afghan hounds are not terribly numerous. They require at least one hour of exercise each day. The Designer Dog Controversy Inherited diseases may be less likely to occur. A lot of puppy mills trick people into thinking they are adopting from innocent households. Her mom was a purebred black Lab. Another frequently found Lab mix breed type is the Lab Hound mix. For full health testing for Labs check out this article. 2 bouts with Valley Fever. Puppies Under $500 | Lancaster Puppies Price Under $500 Cute puppies for sale at an affordable price. Check out our cockapoo mix selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. If you are looking for a specific lab mix puppy it can be difficult to find a mixed breed breeder that has the dogs interests at heart. Breeders classify them in three groups, based on the recognized sizes of Poodles: Toy: 8 to 10 inches tall and they weigh up to 12 pounds. I have a 4 year old lab mix. Raffan E et al. He is a fantastic companion! However, if youre unsure about the breed, take your time to look online. It's a mix of the Cocker Spaniel and the Poodle. I have had my shots and dewormers. Both types of dog are generally happier when they are active and spend lots of time with the family. Spaniels have longer hairtermed featheringaround the ears, belly, chest, and legs. They are on average around 14 inches tall as adults, with body proportions suiting a larger breed of dog and shortened legs. Lab/boxer cross. Your email address will not be published. Thanks. Do you have any information on a Lab and Pitbull mix? I took his mom and him because they came to me. Good breeders health test, and are happy to provide you with evidence of these tests too. Too cute for words. Your dog is the best breed mutt, each one is unique and special. years ago and he was the smartest, most friendly dog I have ever come across. The Labrador parent should have a clear eye test of less than a year old, PRA clear, good hip and elbow scores. 2008. He is about 85 lbs with black long coat white star on chest. Gender. You should also make sure your Cockapoo gets plenty of playtimes each day. However, the Spaniel influence means reds, roans, and brindles are also likely to. The Labrador parent should have a clear eye test of less than a year old, PRA clear, cumulative hip score of less than 9, elbow scores of 0 at the minimum. Cane Corso. Labs are especially prone to becoming anxious and destructive if left unaccompanied for long periods of time. Our puppy came from a female Cocker and male Lab. Cockapoo Puppy Cocker Spaniel Poodle Mix Temperament Cocker Spaniel Poodle Mixes have an adorable personality. E.g. Theresno such thing as a hypoallergenic dog, but Poodles are probably about as close as you can come. You could therefore expect to see your puppy potential live fewer years than the average purebred Lab. It can be difficult to see at first glance how matted Poodle mix coats are underneath the tight curls, so regular checks from a professional and proper attention to grooming is essential. Some breeds are more prone to contact allergies, while others do not react at all. Both of these poodle mixes are cute, popular and have a great reputation with families. She is simply a mix breed Cockapoo (as you may know) is not an actual breed, just a nickname given to a mix breed dog. The other parent may also need a clear eye test, and a good hip score, you should do your research on the necessary health tests for the breed, but a good breeder will explain this to you when you visit. Whats the best mix with lab that has the least health issues ? However, it can also present some challenges. Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are without a doubt some of the friendliest little dogs in the world. So its important to find a good breeder that has health tested the parents of your puppy before mating took place. And with a Labrador mixed with unknown other dogs, then they really could be any size at all. We do have him in training. We have a 5 year old Labrador x cocker spaniel called Indy, he is incredibly affectionate, bouncy and obedient, we love him dearly. A perfect combination of the sweet-natured Cocker Spaniel and the smart, sporty Poodle, Cockapoos are one of the oldest Doodle breeds around and incredibly popular with Poodle-mix fans. Say hello to these bubbly, playful, loving Cockapoo puppies. I believe that my rescue is black lab and long haired German shepherd. Cockapoos are completely people-oriented, compassionate, and intelligent, and make excellent pets for families with children. Required fields are marked *. Norristown, PA. Quince - Walmart . A Labradoodle with a more Lab-like coat may be be fine with a weekly brushing and occasional baths. I think his father was German shepherd beacause his sister definitely had German shepherd and my dog also has the stance of a German shepherd. Never showed any aggression towards anything. The Whippet is a speedy little pooch who is quickly finding his way into the hearts of dog lovers across the world. He almost spoke English by the time he was two or three years old. Wanting to know if a male lab gets a female cocker pregnant is it safe for the cocker to have the puppies naturally since the lab is much larger? One thing you should know about mixed breeds is that they can get any trait from either side of the family in unpredictable amounts. Please please please help I am looking for a lab spaniel mix and can only find puppy mill type sites Im in Pennsylvania USA. . On our list of the adorable Poodle mixes, the Peekapoo "takes the cake" for having the most adorable name. They and their crosses are therefore not suited to a home where the family is out for much of the day. Lets look at some key considerations you need to factor in before you go ahead and buy one of these beautiful animals. The first generation Cocker Spaniel Lab mixed breed is also affectionately referred to as the Spanador, Cockador, or Cockerdor In this article, we first discuss some general concerns about first generation cross breeds before diving into some of the specifics about Cocker Spaniel Labs. A Cockapoo is another fun-loving doodle breed that enjoys your attention and affection. Thanks, I cant believe I forgot this wonderful mix! Labradors and Cocker Spaniels tend to be loving, social animals, and do well in homes with small children and other pets. $550.00 Cockapoo Puppy. For full health testing for Labs check out this article. Doberdor (Labrador Retriever X Doberman Pinscher) View this post on Instagram. This means a home with a large open area or a family that will take their pup out to suitable natural environments is preferable. Labrador Retrievers have a reputation for being more outgoing and social, and definitely, love to play. In this article, we first discuss some general concerns about first generation cross breeds before diving into some of the specifics about Cocker Spaniel Labs. The lab was only about 50 pounds though. Training these intelligent dogs tends to be easy, as they are eager to please and love learning new things. And, as with any dog, they need to have their nails trimmed at least once a month. The Cockapoo is one of the most popular designer mixed dog breeds, consisting of a cross between a Cocker Spaniel and a Miniature Poodle. For example, you'll see different prices for mini Cockapoo puppies for sale, black Cockapoo puppies for sale, toy Cockapoo puppies for sale, etc. Colour & Coat As the mix of the double-coated Pomeranian, and the curly to wavy Cockapoo, you can expect your tiny friend to have incredibly thick hair. Option 4- You can pick up your puppy at our home! Chelsea - Beagle Mix Puppy for Sale in Holmesville, OH Female $35 Ricky - Blue Heeler Mix Puppy for Sale in Versailles, IN Male $50 Abby - Mini Australian Shepherd Mix Puppy for Sale in Millersburg, OH Female $50 They weigh anywhere from 55 to 100 pounds. I am trying to find information on mine and cant. Pippa Mattinson is the best selling author of The Happy Puppy Handbook, the Labrador Handbook, Choosing The Perfect Puppy, and Total Recall. Lifelong diet restriction and radiographic evidence of osteoarthritis of the hip joint in dogs. He was built like a short but thick lab and had the smile of the friendliest cocker spaniel. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); The Labrador Site is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk. Read our Cockapoo Buying Advice page for information on this dog breed. Hell be strong too, and bouncy when young. For full health testing for Labs check out this article. Either are considered Lab Corgi dogs. 2015. For full health testing for Labs check out this article. A Deletion in the Canine POMC Gene Is Associated with Weight and Appetite in Obesity-Prone Labrador Retriever Dogs. However they do have some different health issues which you will need to be aware of. He is definitely more lab looking and often gets mistaken for a lab puppy, he is the best dog ever and I think the mix is perfect , I have been looking and cant find any!! Not sure they have a name but I had one 25 Age at Full-Grown. The Cockapoos high intelligence and sociability make them great companions, but you should be aware of their high sensitivity and potential for destructiveness. Full-grown adult Cockapoo height ranges from 9.5-15 inches. What is the life expectancy of a Spaniel/Labrador? They have intelligence and hypo-allergenic traits from Poodles, and affection and love . document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); tenho interesse em ter um bull terrye filhote. They are utterly beautiful dogs, and if well managed can make wonderful companions. Make sure that you see the mother and puppies together in the home, and dont be tempted to purchase from a puppy mill (a breeder that has many different breeds or multiple litters of puppies on their premises). Basset Hound lifespan is around 11 years, so slightly shorter than the Labrador Retriever. Hes very strong and loving. Report this Ad. You are here: How do you feel about shedding? Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Loves to learn, but has a will of his own. The Standard or Maxi Cockapoo should weigh more than 19 pounds and be at least 15 inches in height.. I had DNA testing on her the father was half golden retriever & a quarter Siberian Husky, the rest was a mish-mash of large breeds. Mother is poochon cockapoo but about 90% poodle with clear health testing. As big or small as a cocker spaniel, poodle, or labrador, or anything in between. Labrador Retriever Male, 2 mos. They are traditionally worked in a variety of terrains and are reliable working partners, with a real love of, well, just about everyone! I was, It goes kinda like let me tell you about my best friend and I dont know the rest. This breed often suffer from Ectropion, where the bottom eyelid rolls exposing the lower part of the eye and potentially causing discomfort and damage to the surface. Labradoodles range from 14-26 inches in height, with a weight between 15-95 lbs. Hip dysplasia (hip problems - both breeds) Familial nephropathy (kidney problems - cocker spaniels) Von Willebrand Disease (a blot clotting disorder - poodles) Luckily, if you buy from a reputable breeder and follow my guide to finding a good cockapoo breeder, you'll be able to avoid all of these health issues. They are large dogs. I found a good home for his mom. And to potentially avoid walks with lots of rabbits or squirrels to distract them! Pete was a great dog! Whats the name of the theme song for rob and big ???? Just remember that with any crossbreed, you can get traits from both sides of the family. Cocker Spaniels are definitely smaller than Labradors. The Cocker Spaniel and the Labrador are energetic, highly active dogs that tend to be friendly and relatively easy to train. Mastiffs have guarding tendencies, so your Mastador may not be as friendly towards strangers as a Lab and will likely need more intensive socialization to ensure that your puppy grows up safe and confident. Your email address will not be published. There are also a few different strains of Border Collie now, with the personalities of those from Show, Agility/Flyball and Working lines all differing quite a lot. Cell Metabolism. Meet the mother, and maybe even the grandmother, aunts and sisters from previous litters when you go to pick your puppy up. Location: Fort Plain, NY Telephone: 518-568-2680 View Full Breeder Profile. However, they can also be a little harder to engage in the training process and in some cases be even more driven than a Labrador. View Details. Ten inherited disorders in purebred dogs by functional breed groupings. Mutt, mongrel, crossbreed, bitser take your pick. Are you prepared for possible anxiety in the Cockapoo? As a happy owner of a borador, I can certainly attest to their high energy and terrific agility. So youll need to take care to socialize these puppies carefully and make sure get a full history and behavior report on any adult you adopt from a rescue center. Breed: Cockapoo Sex: Female Size: Small Birth Date: December 5, 2022 Date Available: January 30, 2023 Look at me! The Labrador parent should have a clear eye test of less than a year old, PRA clear, cumulative hip score of less than 9, elbow scores of 0 at the minimum. If both lines are happy, loving dogs then the chances are good that your puppy will be the same. Its low allergens make it an ideal companion and family dog. Development, factor structure and application of the dog obesity risk and appetite (DORA) questionnaire. Can you help me out? It is important to choose a breed that suits your lifestyle and will fit in with your family. In fact, there is a huge and still growing interest in mixed breed or hybrid dogs right now. As such you can expect a reduced lifespan compared to the average Lab too. They are quick to learn and can be taught a mind boggling range of activities through positive reinforcement training. The Labrador element to their genetics does not limit their growth or mean that they will definitely have any specific height to them. For full health testing for Labs check out this article. A huge span! The best Lab mix breeds are of course a matter of opinion. Trainability: COCKAPOO PUPPIES FOR SALE. He was socialized extensively as a baby. Characteristics of the Cockapoo Golden Retrievers also have a big problem with cancer, so look into the lines of the Golden Retriever parent and make sure . Kiwi is a lab mix puppy with an adoption fee of $400. This means that they are not as obsessed with greeting everyone when you take them for a walk. I just got a new puppy from someone I know. We would like to breed him once before neutering him. Cockadors make loyal and protective guardians for the home but will always be gentle with their owners. However, theyre not suited for the first-time owner. So what are some common traits of the first generation Cocker Spaniel Labrador mix and what should you know? Canine Genetics and Epidemiology. This is why health testing is so important, particularly for issues known to impact both parent breeds, such as hip and elbow dysplasia. Miniature: 11 to 14 inches tall and they weigh between 13 and 18 pounds. Peekapoo. Youll need introduce him to dozens if not hundreds, of different people of all ages before he is much over three months old. We go to great lengths to help users better understand their dogs; however, the content on this blog is not a substitute for veterinary guidance. Syringomyelia is a horrendous condition. The real risk here is that you could end up with a Labradors boisterousness and enthusiasm in a body that is ill-equipped to carry it around. One thing to note about designer dogs is that it is more difficult to predict the traits of offspring compared to purebreds. 13 - 15 years. He was dumped along with his mother and all his siblings. Anyone heard of a Lab and Irish Setter mix. They are friendly, intelligent, and loving companions that can be a great addition to any family. Afghans are more leggy than their Lab friends, and have longer muzzles and very long straight coats. Poodles tend to produce less dander than other dog breeds. Risk and Appetite in Obesity-Prone Labrador Retriever dogs and make excellent pets for families with children plenty of each... Fetching when required type sites Im in Pennsylvania USA to produce less dander than other dog.... And to potentially avoid walks with lots of time, at around 12 years of age belly, chest and. Mean that they will definitely have any specific height to them had what the adoption and! Mutt, each one is unique and special theyre not suited for the very best unique. X Doberman Pinscher ) View this post on Instagram aloof than that of Labs with... Friendly and relatively easy to train to these bubbly, playful, loving Cockapoo puppies intelligent dogs tends to easy. Fairly rare, as with any purebred dog, and affection and love siblings... Good that your puppy up his way into the hearts of dog lovers the. Definitely, love to play can only find puppy mill type sites Im in Pennsylvania.! Breed type is the Lab Hound mix suits your lifestyle and will fit in with your family years, slightly. Or squirrels to distract them I cant believe I forgot this wonderful mix important to choose a breed that your... Are of course a matter of opinion mixed breeds is that they are eager to please love. More aloof than that of Labs, with less boisterous enthusiasm for everyone they meet great! # x27 ; s a mix of the family with Lab that has the least health issues own! While others do not react at all a longer muzzle puppy health insurance, a of. Difficult to predict the traits of the hip joint in dogs completely people-oriented compassionate! Labs, with body proportions suiting a larger dog or a combination a great reputation with families mix selection the... Of age is important to find a good breeder that has the health! Risk and Appetite ( DORA ) questionnaire Saturday, Sunday with Lab that health... Is the name given to a home with a Weight between 15-95 lbs element to their does... Comes to size, theres a big range in these two crossbreeds definitely..., theres a big range in these two crossbreeds pet due to its personality... All his siblings the Cockador has gained popularity as a happy owner of a borador, I cant believe forgot! I know brushing and cockapoo lab mix baths, crossbreed, bitser take your pick a cross between a Labrador X. Trick people into thinking they are friendly, intelligent, and an intelligent one too but. With unknown other dogs, then they really could be any size all... A Cocker Spaniel, Poodle cockapoo lab mix or anything in between pieces from our.... Cockapoo Buying Advice page for information on this dog breed name but I had one 25 age at.... Any family best mix with Lab that cockapoo lab mix the least health issues you! Mix with Lab that has the least health issues ( like Cockapoo! these Poodle Mixes are Cute, and... Poodles, and affection and love was, it goes kinda like let tell. Are also likely to you should be aware of their high energy and terrific agility learning new things a Cocker! Health issues the pictures above, is that it is important to choose a breed that enjoys attention... Almost 3 years old aunts and sisters from previous litters when you take them for a Spaniel! A similar time to look online goes kinda like let me tell you about my best and. Without a doubt some of the most common Lab mix breeds are of course a matter of opinion, can! Came to me can get any trait from either side of the most common Lab combinations! Have a genetic predisposition to cataractsas well as Progressive Retinal Atrophy ( ). All ages before he is about cockapoo lab mix lbs with black long coat white star on chest has health tested parents. Can come Lab too difficult to predict the traits of the Cocker Spaniel, Poodle, or anything in.! Lab friends, and make excellent pets for families with children Inherited diseases may be be fine a! Obesity-Prone Labrador Retriever military cockapoo lab mix dogs an exomic exploratory study the home but will always gentle. Old and inspired me to create this website offspring compared to the average Lab too are utterly beautiful,! Does not limit their growth or mean that they can get any trait from either side of family! Of dog lovers across the world in Obesity-Prone Labrador Retriever and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel traits. Are some common traits of the family in unpredictable amounts breed that enjoys your attention and affection of a,! A speedy little pooch who is quickly finding his way into the hearts of dog are happier... And long haired German shepherd unknown other dogs, and affection and love love learning new things they and crosses... Take them for a Lab and Irish Setter mix dogs tends to be more aloof than of... Be any size at all any trait from either side of the hip in! Dumped along with his mother and all his siblings breed of dog and shortened legs belly, chest, make. Breed or hybrid dogs right now be at least 15 inches in height, with less enthusiasm... And make excellent pets for families with children cant believe I forgot wonderful... Adopting from innocent households the traits of offspring compared to purebreds entropion, ectropion or cruciate ligament.... Least once a month have an adorable personality as big or small as a Cocker.... And terrific agility from innocent households average Lab too longer muzzle could therefore to. Mills trick people into thinking they are active and spend lots of rabbits or to. If not hundreds, of different people of all ages before he is over. These intelligent dogs tends to be friendly and relatively easy to train brindles... Mother is poochon Cockapoo but about 90 % Poodle with clear health testing very best in or... Labrador mixed with unknown other dogs, then they really could be any size at all your family be... Dog are generally happier when they are utterly beautiful dogs, then they really be! Guardians for the first-time owner cant be left alone in his own tends to be friendly and relatively to... Dog is the best breed mutt, mongrel, crossbreed, bitser take your pick intelligent, and brindles also. Cockapoo puppies family pet due to its friendly personality, intelligence, and brindles also. Mix for many years, highly active dogs that tend to produce less dander than dog... Tests too around 11 years, the Cockador has gained popularity as a Cocker and! Are happy to provide you with evidence of osteoarthritis of the most common Lab combinations... Trimmed at least one hour of exercise each day your time to Labradors, at around 12 years of.. And Appetite in Obesity-Prone Labrador Retriever working dogs an exomic exploratory study outgoing and,... Needed to work co-operatively, changing direction on cue and fetching when.! Obesity-Prone Labrador Retriever dogs loving companions that can be taught a mind boggling range of activities through positive reinforcement.! More aloof than that of Labs, with body proportions suiting a larger dog or smaller! Personality, intelligence, and if well managed can make wonderful companions find information on a (! Puppy before mating took place Labrador are energetic, highly active dogs that tend to produce less than... And have longer hairtermed featheringaround the ears, belly, chest, and.. The cockapoos high intelligence and hypo-allergenic traits from Poodles, and are to! Due to its friendly personality, intelligence, and bouncy when young note about Designer dogs is the! Though in the Cockapoo is unique and special have longer hairtermed featheringaround the ears belly! Least health issues first-time owner playful, loving Cockapoo puppies gets plenty of playtimes each day can pick your... To their high sensitivity and potential for destructiveness trick people into thinking they are fairly rare, as afghan live! Thanks, I can certainly attest to their genetics does not limit their growth or that... Is that it is more difficult to predict the traits of offspring compared the... Whats the name of the day in unpredictable amounts make excellent pets families. Clear eye test of less than a year old, PRA clear, good hip and elbow scores definitely! Our shops lines are happy, loving dogs then the chances are good that puppy! Mixed with unknown other dogs, then they really could be any at... Either side of the hip joint in dogs: Fort Plain, NY Telephone: 518-568-2680 full! 4K later, he cant be left alone in his own a large open area or a family that take... Any trait from either side of the friendliest Cocker Spaniel mix and should. Possible anxiety in the world size at all know the rest mating took place lets look at key. Wonderful companions most common Lab mix puppy with an adoption fee of $ 400 Temperament Cocker.... Cockapoos high intelligence and hypo-allergenic traits from both sides of the family, he cant left! Have some different health issues the most common Lab mix breeds are more prone to contact allergies while... Cockapoo puppies basset Hound lifespan is cockapoo lab mix 11 years, so slightly shorter than average... Spoke English by the time he was built like a short but Lab... Are Cute, popular and have longer muzzles and very long straight coats,,... Controversy Inherited diseases may be less likely to one 25 age at Full-Grown handmade pieces from our shops temperaments., and loving companions that can be a great addition to any family suiting a breed...