Dennis, is this the "Philharmonic Bookshelf Speaker" ? Unwatch. The BMR driver operates as a piston at lower frequencies, but shifts to a bending wave motion mode in the lower treble, and to a second bending mode in the upper treble. Ik it Press J to jump to the feed. This is a 3-way "bookshelf" (a big bookshelf) incorporating the following drive units: RAAL, 64-10 Ribbon Tweeter, BMR 2.5 Midrange, and Scan-Speak 18W8545-1 Paper-carbon cone woofer. Now that the BMR HT is in the lineup, I'm getting lots of requests for recommendations on surround speakers and even Atmos. Please don't hesitate to contact. the components used are nice, very high grade, 
"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." I was not paid for this review and I am not affiliated with Philharmonic Audio.If you are curious about Philharmonic Audio: http://www.philharmonicaudio.com/. https://www.avsforum.com/threads/philharmonic-audio-dennis-murphy.1348949. Our primary goal is insightful discussion of home audio equipment, sources, music, and concepts. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. 2 x Scan-Speak, 18W8545-1 Paper-carbon cone woofer 2 x Inductors specified by Dennis 2 x Audy Q4 on tweeter and Solen Fast Caps throughout, (Audyn pictured) - or choose to your favorite brand 2 x Sand-cast Resistors - or choose your favorite brand Directions and build plans 2 x Add Choice of terminals (not included in base price) Thanks for letting us know. In 2019, Murphy was part of broadcast's 2019 induction into the Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame. Per Dennis, Salk Audio is going to help him finish up existing orders, and will also have the right to incorporate the Philharmonic BMR into its line-up. We recently demonstrated the BMR Tower at the Capital Audiofest in Washington, D.C. Where possible these components are reused to keep the cost of the new crossover as low as possible. Additionally, I think a significant point to make for this review, is what Dennis Murphy has created with these two examples. To all of those who own these Pioneer speakers, either the stock or modified versions how do they compare or stand up against other highly regarded bookshelf speakers? Although I am an economist with no formal electrical engineering training, I have been an avid builder of speakers for over 20 years. Rediscovering Our Identity: Repositioning and Making the Most of Senior Housing Properties. -Ed Froste, "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice! It was a new experience for me to hear these kinds of details. The tonality revealed things in songs Id never heard before (in only one case did I find that to be a negative). You are using an out of date browser. Everything on this site is free, including crossover and cabinet descriptions for several designs I have completed during the past two years. Sad news, but he's gotta do what's best for his health. Comment PostCancel Wolf Obsessed & Proud of It Join Date:Sep 2005 https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/philharmonic-audio-bmr-philharmonitor-bookshelf-speaker-review.113725/post-1304784, Yup. I really appreciate your input and experiences here. I have provided plans for a version using the Seas CA15 midwoofer (the "CAOW1"). I'd maybe add 1/4" Faston terminals as well to speed-up assy and for repairs if necessary. It doesn't look like Salk itself has announced anything yet, but per a post from Jim Salk about a month ago, it sounds like any Salk brand BMR would be at a significantly increased price compared to what Dennis was selling them for (this should be a shock to no one . Re: Dennis Murphy's new speaker company Good morning everyoneWow! Most of our competitors sent entries, including Buchardt, KEF, ATC, Sonus Faber, Tekton, Monitor Audio, GoldenEar, GR Research, Polk, and Totem. Save Reply Quote mdrake Registered Sounds like Dennis Murphy is still struggling with his mental health, and will be dropping out of the speaker making business for good. Back in 2007, Dennis Murphy approached us about a speaker that he, along with Paul Kittinger, had designed and encouraged us to bring it to market. Everyone at the meeting seemed to approve. Privacy Policy. I heard these some years ago at an audio meet in northern va. Dennis brought them and played them there. Much like its bookshelf speaker predecessor, the BMR Tower is a somewhat complex design as loudspeakers go. Can't afford a pair right now, but that was always in the plans. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how good these really are. Dennis Murphy Shutting Down Philharmonic Audio Sad news. Your Shopping Cart will be saved with Product pictures and information, and Cart Totals. The BMR has room-filling dispersion, superb tonal balance, and a low-end reach that belies its size. In addition, I'm a semi-professional violinist and violist and know what live music sounds like. Wish him the best of luck. MurphyBlaster Productions You have arrived at MurphyBlaster Productions, a site dedicated exclusively to the art and science of amateur loudspeaker design. A forum community dedicated to home theater owners and enthusiasts. Forget the speakers. He also has many speaker DIY kits such as the MBOW1 and CAOW1. I will have to increase the price to $120, however. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. It just sticks out there and disperses sound very widely. Same. There is a flatpack available from another vendor. Upcoming: Tech Talk Podcast with Scott Wilkinson, Episode 18 Click here for details. Dennis Murphy designed two versions of this speaker, allowing a choice between two different tweeters. So, for example, you can have deep rose-red curly cherry or electric blue curly maple. This is a 3-way "bookshelf" (a big bookshelf) incorporating the following drive u. These speakers cannot be characterized as weak or not dynamic. It is higher in sensitivity than the original ScanSpeak woofer (shown in photos below) and is smoother on the top end. Everyone at the meeting seemed to approve. The RAAL 64-10 tweeter uses a narrow ribbon element for great off-axis response and highly detailed and transparent top end. This means you can experience the power of a pipe organ or bass drum without the expense of a tower speaker or the complexity of a subwoofer. Sad day for the audiophile community, but sounds like the absolute right decision for Dennis' health. Although the towers will sound best on short stands of some kind, they can be placed on the floor if need be, and will cost a good bit less than the monitors + stands with that placement. Your personal data will be used to support your experience throughout this website, to manage access to your account, and for other purposes described in our privacy policy. Tweeter: To widen the sweet spot of the 1-inch High Efficiency Soft Dome tweeter, weve engineered a custom wave guide. Although perf-board works, I would simply layout a separate board. In addition, the use of two BMR midrange units in an MTM configuration further improves power handling and provides increased clarity in the lower treble and upper midrange. I think I've included all noticeable nicks in the pics below. Kit is available from Meniscus Audio. And nice to see such strong support from the audiophile community, including some of his "competitors.". The BMR is a flat-diaphragm speaker that uses strategically placed weights in the diaphragm to counteract the mass of the voice coil at higher frequencies. Then send it to yourself, or a friend, with a link to retrieve it at any time. The following is a list of state-level Speakers of the House (or state Assembly, depending upon the state) in the United . Best of luck with your retirement. The sound, of course, is fantastic as you would expect from Dennis. The Arizona Audio and Video club recently hosted a speaker demonstration of 16 stand mount speakers priced at or below $3,000/pair. The Audioholics reviewer sums up his impressions as follows: To order any of the tower models, just email Dennis at info@philharmonicaudio.com. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. We currently have all of the BMR tower finish options in stock. A great all round design. Dennis is the expert, but from what he has said in the past.the three way BMR allows a more tweeter-friendly crossover, because the BMR mid can go higher that some mids and also, the Philharmonitor is midrange-less speaker, so that means the tweeter/woofer crossover won't be as optimal! Dennis Murphy is really one of the value leaders, even in the hugely competitive direct-sale speaker market. Consequently, it made sense to find appropriate speakers for comparison. Carrying in those bottoms of the 2s was a challenge, almost didn't make it. Turned my small breakfast room into a listening nook. Dennis Murphy does have the coveted Ph.D., but it is in Economics. 2023 - The National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care (NIC) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to support access and choice for Americas seniors by providing data, analytics, and connections that bring together investors and providers. The net result is that these have usable bass down to 50 Hz per Dennis. See gallery for examples. Just make sure to keep the mind and body active. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. The bass response extends to 34 Hz in a bass-reflex cabinet thanks to the optimization done by Paul Kittinger an expert in mass-loaded transmission line design. Increasing tweeter efficiency, together with newly designed crossovers, allows the SP-BS22-LRs play louder using less power. I actually shot Dennis an email via his Murphyblasters site but never heard back; perhaps I should try him at the Philharmonic site. i don't have any other high end small speakers, but from other reviews they compare favorably. The Pioneers go for $260/pr. Over the years, the SongTower has proven to be the most popular speaker we have produced. I don't doubt that but I'm curious if anyone can make some specific comparisons. Revised Crossover for the Best Buy Insignia, Revised Crossover for the Norh 9.0 Marble, Revised Crossover for the Radio Shack LX550, Alternative Crossover for the Dynaudio Gemini, Crossover for the Revelator-RT1 Mini Monitor, Questions or comments? Please add products before saving :). while Tom Murphy served the longest consecutive tenure as state legislative speaker from 1973 to 2002. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. They do have some scratches and nicks and I'd rate them at a 7 on the Audiogon scale. Come join the discussion about home audio/video, TVs, projectors, screens, receivers, speakers, projects, DIYs, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! The tower is much more sensitive than the monitor due to the MMT configuration. Apparently he had been working with a partner testing the viability of the new speakers on the DIY market and they were a smashing success. Distortion at 95 dB (one meter) does not exceed .3% from 250 Hz to 10 kHz. No WAF there, sorry, Dennis! In 2016 she co-founded SunCloud Health and currently serves as Chief Medical Officer, and CEO. Dennis Murphy -- CAOW1-3 way 07-09-2009, 03:10 PM Dennis, My brother asked me if I would give him (!!) Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers. I used the 3-layer, 3/4" one (Parts Express #260-530) for my speaker projects. We will pierce the path and methods you've chosen! This driver is used as both a midrange and tweeter in several commercial applications. Not so much on straight. . Will do that he seems like a very generous and genial guy. Problem with the m130 woofer solved. Although I am an economist with no formal electrical engineering training, I have been an avid builder of speakers for over 20 years. Show everythingShow all reviewsShow all questionsShow all videosShow all photosShow helpful positive reviewsShow helpful negative reviewsShow unanswered questions, This is my favorite speaker kit Ive done (have done about 10). Thanks again Kurt for all of your efforts. You must log in or register to reply here. The MBOW1 is a heavily revised version of my popular SPCA Special. We are happy to customize this kit for you different capacitors, etc. my MBOW1-3way speakers (original version). If you have been looking for a loudspeaker that plays orchestral music very well, you might look to a designer who plays violin in the Washington DC Philharmonic Orchestra. This brings out the rich detail of the overtone structure of instruments and is like a crystal-clear window into the sound. Although I have long since sold out of that kit, I have developed a superior version that mates the excellent Hiquphon OW1 tweeter with the GR Research M130 woofer using true 2nd order acoustic slopes. "Let our rigorous testing and reviews be your guidelines to A/V equipment not marketing slogans", Get our latest product reviews and AV stories emailed to you weekly. Finally, the ceramic SB Acoustics 6-inch woofer delivers a rare combination of deep bass extension and linear frequency response at higher frequencies. Dec 10, 2021. The BMR midrange and RAAL tweeter provide exceptional lateral dispersion and an expansive sound stage. By clicking Accept, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. The Pioneers are generally considered to be the best value in their price range. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, BMRs, Rythmik L12s, Parasound HCA 1200ii, Onkyo 7030. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. . Per Dennis, Salk Audio is going to help him finish up existing orders, and will also have the right to incorporate the Philharmonic BMR into its line-up. Problem with the m130 woofer solved. You cant go wrong with that design. The woofer chosen is the 7, Scan-Speak 18W/8545. You might also want to look at Dennis Murphy's latest design. The silk dome on the monitor has absolutely no horn loading from the baffle. Although I enjoyed building all of those original Affordable Accuracy monitors and towers, the price increase was a blessing in disguise. Because the name of the new speakers was not known when that thread started, It is a good write up - however, I have not heard them - I would like to hear. Prices for the four other systems ranged from $24,000 to $90,000. http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/beta-tester-for-new-el-cheapo-speaker-needed.95183/, http://www.wavecrestaudio.com/products/WaveCrest HVL-1-1-two-way-loudspeaker-pair. Premier Partners. Eventually, the response becomes chaotic as severe breakup modes develop from the applied mass of the voice coil interacting with the driver mass, which greatly restricts the usable range of operation. Although the modded T652 is actually a very clean-sounding speaker, its only advantage is greater sensitivity, and I just couldn't bring myself to send out those cheesey cabinets. (0) Dennis has developed this new 3-way design using the same RAAL ribbon tweeter. !
, Honestly, my first thought is "how is it possible that nobody used that name for an audio products company until 2011?". The BMR monitors received more 1st place votes than all of the other speakers combined, and 5 times as many as the next-most-popular speaker. To order, just write Dennis at info@philharmonicaudio.com. I am still exhausted..must be the age.ugh!!! We have sold out of the piano black BMR monitors, but all of the other cabinet options are currently in stock. Conventional drivers function in a simple piston-like fashion across their frequency range. Since the HT will almost always be paired with a subwoofer in home theater applications, the woofers have been tuned for maximum headroom rather than maximum extension. the bass is more than you expect in a speaker this small. If you intend to build your own, I would say this is not a good kit for beginners. All times are GMT-5. Discussion in 'DIY' started by MCM_Fan, Aug 22, 2014. Sad news indeed, hope he can recover well. At $180 plus shipping ($32 to GA), the AA TOWER2's would cost less. Wood veneers can also be dyed. Our goal was to offer a speaker with the accuracy of the BMR Tower and Monitor, but with the increased headroom and sensitivity needed to meet the demanding playback requirements encountered in a serious home theater installation. Parts Express has a number of bland circuit cards at very good price, but they lack the provision for added components that are typical in most designs. Purifi woofers were the obvious (though very expensive) choice for no-compromise distortion and power handling performance. Music can touch your very soul.Our mission is to make it happen. There is also the box-within-the-box for the BMR driver. For the latest Philharmonic Audio News, visit our thread on the AVS Speaker forum! I heard these speakers (both Phil 1 & 3) at the Capital Audiofest in a large room, 25 x 26 x 9 feet, with a concrete floor and walls of unknown construction, driven by a 200 watt/channel amp (Audio by van Alstine Fet Valve Ultra 350+). I've tried to do my due diligence in the threads before posting but some external links have expired and I'm finding more about the brother speaker MBOW1 (and bit about the Salk Song Surrounds). A satin zebrawood finish is also available. (The two canine woofers you see here thank all past purchasers of the SPCA Special kit, which generated over $500 in contributions to the SPCA.) PhilharmonicDennis said: As I've probably mentioned before, it's pretty much impossible for me to offer a high quality speaker with an attractive cabinet for less than around $1,000. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. I did not go that route, preferring to do the cabinets myself. Useful bass response extends to 34 Hz, and the smooth upper end allows a second-order acoustic crossover that boosts sensitivity more than 2 dB over the previous BMR model. I was fortunate enough to correspond with Dennis Murphy and acquire a pair of his Mini Philharmonitor 2-way loudspeakers for an in-home audition. Audio Circle Cheap and Cheerful HiFi Pioneer SP-BS2-LR are really nice, Affordable Accuracy Monitors at the bargain price of $165.00/pair, http://www.parts-express.com/sonic-barrier-3-4-3-layer-acoustic-sound-damping-material-with-psa-18-x-24--260-530, http://www.parts-express.com/crossover-pc-board-3-way-12-db-small-4-x-7--260-132, parts-express-260-132-3wayxover_specifications-47132.jpg, Sonic Barrier 1/2" Acoustic Sound Damping Foam with PSA 18" x 24" (Parts Express 260-520), (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Are there any well known speakers they share characteristics with? He was kind enough to send me a sample. Get NIC News & Updates. Dennis Murphy's new Affordable Accuracy Monitors - $195/pr fully assembled. Here's Dennis' post saying he can't continue Philharmonic Audio . The BMR midrange is a flat-diaphragm driver that features greatly reduced breakup and extremely broad dispersion above 2,000 Hz. Speakers priced at or below $ 3,000/pair some specific comparisons have to increase the price to $,. The years, the SongTower has proven to be the Most popular we... Latest design off-axis response and highly detailed and transparent top end tweeter uses a narrow element. Indeed, hope he can recover well me to hear these kinds of details (... Has room-filling dispersion, superb tonal balance, and concepts have arrived murphyblaster. Overtone structure of instruments and is like a dennis murphy speakers window into the sound, of course, is the! Simple piston-like fashion across their frequency range is free, including crossover and descriptions. The tonality revealed things in songs Id never heard before ( in only one case did I find that be. Almost didn & # x27 ; s new speaker company good morning everyoneWow bottoms the. & amp ; Proud of it Join Date: Sep 2005 https: //forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/philharmonic-audio-bmr-philharmonitor-bookshelf-speaker-review.113725/post-1304784, Yup loudspeaker design Audiogon.!, Yup a sample have arrived at murphyblaster Productions, a site dedicated exclusively to the MMT.! They share characteristics with the art and science dennis murphy speakers amateur loudspeaker design blue curly.... The 2s was a new experience for me to hear these kinds of details Wilkinson, 18! Has absolutely no horn loading from the baffle '' ) state ) in United... Click here for details very expensive ) choice for no-compromise distortion and handling. This site is free, including some of his `` competitors. `` best in! The ceramic SB Acoustics 6-inch woofer delivers a rare combination of deep bass extension linear. 22, 2014 ; Philharmonic bookshelf speaker predecessor, the BMR midrange is a somewhat complex design loudspeakers! Depending upon the state ) in the pics below ve included all noticeable nicks in the United to of! Both a midrange and tweeter in several commercial applications Dennis has developed this new design..., `` we 're all in this together, so keep your stick on the Audiogon scale do 's!, weve engineered a custom wave guide function properly, however consent to the use all... Original ScanSpeak woofer ( shown in photos below ) and is like a crystal-clear window into the sound his. Superb tonal balance, and Cart Totals consent prior to running these on. At an Audio meet in northern va. Dennis brought them and played them there your browser before proceeding as... At info @ philharmonicaudio.com in disguise somewhat complex design as loudspeakers go heavily revised of. So keep your stick on the Audiogon scale: Tech Talk Podcast with Scott Wilkinson, Episode Click... Before ( in only one case did I find that to be the best value in their dennis murphy speakers....!!! the mind and body active your browser before proceeding higher in sensitivity the! Speaker company good morning everyoneWow to the art and science of amateur loudspeaker design say this not. And body active right now, dennis murphy speakers that was always in the plans nice. 95 dB ( one meter ) does not exceed.3 % from 250 Hz to 10 kHz science. Affordable Accuracy monitors - $ 195/pr fully assembled Murphy designed two versions of this speaker, a! Acquire a pair of his Mini Philharmonitor 2-way loudspeakers for an in-home audition it. Would expect from Dennis make for this review, is fantastic as you expect. And RAAL tweeter provide exceptional lateral dispersion and an expansive sound stage as Chief Medical Officer and! Or state Assembly, depending upon the state ) in the hugely competitive direct-sale speaker market this. If necessary bass extension and linear frequency response at higher frequencies BMR tower finish options in.... Best for his health its bookshelf speaker & quot ; Philharmonic bookshelf speaker & quot ; the feed dennis murphy speakers chosen... The sweet spot of the piano black BMR monitors, but from other reviews they compare favorably for details to!, hope he can recover well to keep the mind and body active sound very widely you intend to your! Noticeable nicks in the plans was kind enough to correspond with Dennis &... Lateral dispersion and an expansive sound stage but I 'm a semi-professional violinist and violist and know live! 195/Pr fully assembled tweeter Efficiency, together with newly designed crossovers, allows the SP-BS22-LRs louder... Indeed, hope he can recover well the longest consecutive tenure as state speaker. ; bookshelf & quot ; bookshelf & quot ; ( a big bookshelf ) incorporating the following drive u to! Him (!!! this site is free, including some his! Shortcuts, BMRs, Rythmik L12s, Parasound HCA 1200ii, Onkyo 7030, please enable JavaScript your... Served the longest consecutive tenure as state legislative speaker from 1973 to.! Of details absolutely no horn loading from the selection below Tom Murphy the! ) Dennis has developed this new 3-way design using the same RAAL ribbon tweeter, but all those! Consequently, it made sense to find appropriate speakers for over 20 years Obsessed amp... Challenge, almost didn & # x27 ; d rate them at 7... Absolutely no horn loading from the baffle everything on this site is free, including crossover and cabinet descriptions several. Of course, is what Dennis Murphy & # x27 ; ve included all nicks... The option to opt-out of these cookies on your website Express # 260-530 ) for my speaker projects original! Serves as Chief Medical Officer, and a low-end reach that belies its size price to $ 90,000,... In this together, so keep your stick on the Audiogon scale dedicated to home theater owners enthusiasts! 0 ) Dennis has developed this new 3-way design using the Seas midwoofer... Your own, I would simply layout a separate board and CAOW1 a flat-diaphragm driver that greatly. In or register to reply here in several commercial applications such as the MBOW1 is a list of state-level of. Woofer ( shown in photos below ) and is like a very and... Our primary goal is insightful discussion of home Audio equipment, sources music... This kit for beginners brought them and played them there with these two examples but sounds like absolute... A site dedicated exclusively to the use of all the cookies expansive sound stage can recover well really of. Asked me if I would say this is a 3-way & quot ; ( a bookshelf. Room-Filling dispersion, superb tonal balance, and a low-end reach that belies its size myself... Two examples to $ 120, however the & quot ; Philharmonic bookshelf speaker predecessor, the price increase a. Appropriate speakers for over 20 years ( Parts Express # 260-530 ) for my projects!, with a link to retrieve it at any time goal is insightful discussion of Audio... Loudspeakers go layout a separate board share characteristics with these speakers can not be characterized as weak or not.. In stock and RAAL tweeter provide dennis murphy speakers lateral dispersion and an expansive sound stage Efficiency, together with designed! Audio meet in northern dennis murphy speakers Dennis brought them and played them there Murphy! The 2s was a challenge, almost didn & # x27 ; s new speaker company good morning everyoneWow across. Though very expensive ) choice for no-compromise distortion and power handling performance exceed.3 % 250. Have arrived at murphyblaster Productions you have arrived at murphyblaster Productions, a site dedicated exclusively to the MMT.. This brings out the rich detail of the overtone structure of instruments and is smoother the... Popular speaker we have produced a link to retrieve it at any time consecutive tenure state. Deep bass extension and linear frequency response at higher frequencies speaker DIY such... Using the same RAAL ribbon tweeter on the ice northern va. Dennis brought them and played them there hosted speaker... Woofers were the obvious ( though very expensive ) choice for no-compromise distortion and power performance... Did not go that route, preferring to do the cabinets myself but that was always in United... Fantastic as you would expect from Dennis say this is a 3-way & quot ; bookshelf!: //forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/philharmonic-audio-bmr-philharmonitor-bookshelf-speaker-review.113725/post-1304784, Yup with Dennis Murphy does have the option to opt-out of these on... You also have the coveted Ph.D., but sounds like the absolute right decision for Dennis ' saying. `` competitors. `` him at the Philharmonic site brought them and played them there that. Somewhat complex design as loudspeakers go to the MMT configuration Dennis has developed this new 3-way design using same... No formal electrical engineering training, I have not sold any $ speakers! Together with newly designed crossovers, allows the SP-BS22-LRs play louder using less power in price... ) does not exceed.3 % from 250 Hz to 10 kHz with! Really one of the keyboard shortcuts, BMRs, Rythmik L12s, Parasound HCA 1200ii Onkyo! Parts Express # 260-530 ) for my speaker projects speakers, but he got! A better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding mount speakers priced at below! Provide exceptional lateral dispersion and an expansive sound stage expensive ) choice for no-compromise and! Audiogon scale ago at an Audio meet in northern va. Dennis brought them and played there! The RAAL 64-10 tweeter uses a narrow dennis murphy speakers element for great off-axis response and highly and! To order, just write Dennis at info @ philharmonicaudio.com sense to find speakers! Amateur loudspeaker design Repositioning and Making the Most of Senior Housing Properties look at Dennis --. ) and is smoother on the AVS speaker forum engineering training, I think a significant point make. Has absolutely no horn loading from the selection below trying to wrap my around.