lol some funnie coolie people up in this place.lol. i need a damn rass transplant. ka dem fi goh an lick out clitoris dry. Men doing time in prisons where cheese was not served would rub the putrid smelling secretion on there bread and eat it. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1908 Vintage Magazine Illustration Actress Creole Creagh in The Merry Widow at the best online prices at eBay! Someones birthday coming up? Oh and tek yuh eye and pass me means basically that u did sumthin like mi mom a say i didnt clean the house n i did but she says no. latrin. What pleased me most was that the majority of Guyanese who bought it were total strangers to me. Good job! umm i speak trini nd guyanese and uhh i have ah pretty messed up family! byooze) - argue catchup - ketchup cockson - lesbian couple - any amount from 2 to 5 couple well - plenty dora dora - plentiful eye pass - disrespect Yuh belly swell up in the glass fuh half an hour an de nara gone but it comes back two days later. Ole hige a ole lady who does suck chiren blood & egg gwan (gwan): going on, like when u doez say a wa gwan wid ayodeze it just meanz whatz going on wid upplz, hassa (hass-a): one type of fish in guyana. You do? The fried asked me to sit outside but the patient insisted dat I company he in the room. I rarely break promises, and since I had announced on Facebook that the book on Guyanese words will be ready early in December, I knew I had to finish it. Try again later. Buy Creole It's In My DNA Guyanese Guyana Afro Pride Creole T-Shirt: Shop top fashion brands T-Shirts at Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY and Returns possible on eligible purchases Amazon.com: Creole It's In My DNA Guyanese Guyana Afro Pride Creole T-Shirt : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. yuh bleddy bitch yuh!, Yuh forgot KUT LASS Is da big sword/ knife yhu does use fuh chop up dem plants and so. 2017-09-11 12:18:36. Guyanese man jailed in Venezuela for using false ID, > i seen dem damn thingz what dem white folkz call machetez, so damn small. In Glosbe you will find translations from English into Guyanese Creole English coming from various sources. Spence wata sperm Please, add new entries to the dictionary. Toronto, Canada. The translations are sorted from the most common to the less popular. they mean a hernia, if yuh na kno what one hernia iz look am up. Radio Dept. It can also be used to refer to a person who pretends to be someone they are not. a country on the eastern coast of south america. Copy. In all honesty, I set out to target Guyanese who have been too many years in the Diaspora, and missing what will always be home to them: Guyana, and its rich oral culture. Also, a closer look under the language magnifying glass will reveal lexicon, syntax, and phonology also plays a big part in the formation of Creolese. Bai me nah kno wah fuh say. Lemme kno ppl Thanx! When we eyes meet she wink pon me an a gentle smile enveloped her beautiful face so I walked across to her table to reintroduce meself an she seh, gwan me nah know you, an de fry a watch me wit bad intentions an me show she me badge an id card an she seh, sorry sir, de police already ketch dem people dat break in we house. I told her I was stationed at Providence. An by now we all know what happened. After a while, it dawned on me that a compilation of Guyanese words stood to be an exciting project. This p. We make every effort to ensure that each expression has definitions or information about the inflection. The translations are sorted from the most common to the less popular. peter paktime to honour the dead who eva write dis, need sum goooddd lixxxx!! Hungish or scraven always hungry I guess that most Guyanese on the eve of celebrating Guyana attaining fifty years as an independent nation, just want to claim their culture back. same-sum kinda vegetable Only old At our police training school on Camp Road. This video gives the basic pronunciation of "mwen renmen ou" in Haitian Creole. and bake then in the oven, He wear dem. iz like da coolie version of amtrak iite. chunkalunkz (chunk-a-lunkz): used in trinidad 2 refer 2 a cute person. patwafish in guyana, roat(row-oat)thing u does get with your parsaud..its like roti Gyana population is roughly filled with about 758,000 people, and within that number there are many dialects and varieties of Creolese. A LOOK INSIDE 101 WORDS THAT TELL YOURE GUYANESE ker to take. Youre just making Guyanese look bad in some of your explanations because some is not true.. My mommys side is 100%GT. I am surprised that so many of the Indian relation names are intact. The translated sentences you will find in Glosbe come from parallel corpora (large databases with translated texts). Repeat process until all ingredients are used up and sauce is smooth and not watery (it should have a tomato/pasta sauce texture). Puntuh a bannuh who went in de bush an come back wid nuff gold an money Guyana Creole (Guyanese) is an English-based Creole language spoken in Guyana in the coastline and along the Rupununi River. The majority of those who left during the difficult times of the 70s and 80s were well-educated and skilled people . A Guyanese girl will love to be alone with her partner or husband many times. (4 u guyz allow me 2 define this in a term more suited 4 us, diz iz where most of yuh money go be when yuh get one wife, along wd dem shalwarz and lahangay dem), shalwar (shal-war): more pretty clothez dem gyal piknee doez wear ( refer 2 sari if u wanna kno what it meanz 2 us guyz), skin yuh teeth (skin-yuh-teeth): fuh proppa smile, skulk (skulk): to avoid or not attend. itz quite roomy (da original gangsta baggy clothez and all). dhall roti (dal-ro-tee): iz roti wid some grind up dhall in am, now if ur like me wid way 2 much time on ur handz u alwayz a wonder what the hell iz da point of eating dhall roti or dhall phurri az some otherz may call it with dhall. Its a collection that is likely to find older Guyanese reminiscing fondly on words they, or their elders, had once used. I realized that if I had traveled to Guyana for the Guyana Prize Awards Ceremony last November, Id be breaking my promise to get the collection finished, published, and available in early December 2015. amerindian (ah-mer-ind-yan): wellz since itz confuzing calling dem native americanz and us coolie pplz indian 2, this here iz used in order 2 eliminate confusion. obeyah man (obe-yah-man): thatz what i do. Now he start crying an he seh, a cant do she from the front, she gat gonorrhoea. lol. Every time I worked the 12:00 to 8:00 night shift the man would come over to the station to play two man card games and dominoes. Totee: penis Buggery is when you enter and break. Baitmai East Indian woman. Balata batty dem gyals with big, big ovalish/round batty dat look like twin eggs boiling in a lil sauce pan. Christ Church students to resume classes at CPCE next week, > Racism will never die in Guyana, What is another name for Banga Mary? Portwal Portuguese man me waste 30 minit juss ah reaad dis ting. One day. Guyanese girls are famous for being passionate lovers. yuh moomah/muddahs man! FREELANG - I love you in all languages As you, I have travelled the world as we all seem to be the lost tribes of Israel.. ooo oo ooooo!!!. An when dem walk de batty a shake hey, dis side, now dat side, then it come back a middle an violently tremble. Just now! July 1960 our first month in the class room. peerha (peer-ah): stools that the bride and groom sit on during a wedding ceremony, phagla (pag-la): a word you use to call a guy a lil krazy, peppapot (pepp-a-pot): diz soupy thing usually wid chicken foot in am, phaglee (pag-lee): same meaning as phagla but used for girlz instead. how yuh go foget TEEF under da ts???????? Maco: a man that runs his mouth like a woman or has feminine tendencies aye sweet dictionary.but u gotta put in FIH and FAN fuh de berbice ppl dem.. which part ah guyana yuh deh fan? eg. GC is somewhat of a simplification of standard English that included simpler phonology. Budday ah see yo fat-fowling dat binney bad-bad!But ah gon warn yo! Comparison Between Jamaican and Guyanese Creole Frederick Cassidy declares the Creoles spoken in Jamaican and Guyana are the offspring of "one or more European languages coming in contact with one or more African Languages. Approximately 50,000 Guyanese have emigrated to Suriname, the most accessible country for Guyanese who live on the coast. katahar- some thing with seed ME NEVA KNO DIS EXIST!!! iz an indian movie star, rani mukherjee (ran-ee mookh-er-jee): ok diz hea iz one star gyal that all dem guyanese bai like. Recognise this flamboyant Guyanese character? insinuating your mother is a whore pimpimchuri-yellow bird in guyana or sum1 who iz feisty or got a hot mouth. Its wide, tree-lined avenue and canals follow the layout of the old sugar estates. Bt low-low, when you could put yuh sotie head in yuh bt hole an do yuhself commoness. Had to present him with white rum for safe passage up the Demerara River when nights were dark. Security removed from Mayors out-of-town home, > Dem really a say hoist me. lmfao! Occasionally, teachers tend to shun students when they speak creolese in the classroom, especially in the English class. lilawattie (lol) oh lilawattie yuh bady likka gold For foreigners, we will attempt to translate the lyrics into standard English. When African slaves were brought from Africa, they tried to learn English but only achieved limited success. bizi bizi a bush bunjay- mix up yuh curry The following excerpt is from Part 4: More Guyanese words/names in alphabetical order, Page 110: FAT-FOWL! To: Free online dictionary that supports English to Guyanese and Guyanese to English translation and 11 000 words in database for this language. Pokey see patacake The proverbs are expressed in the Guyanese Creolese language. Chanchy the white stuff, dat secretes under the skin of an uncircumcised tallywally. piknee (pik-nee): word used in reference 2 a kid, plaintain (plan-tain): eh look it up in an american dictionary, i getting lazy right nowz. 1.1 JUST NOW; 1.2 INNOE; 1.3 BUH-DAH; 1.4 WHA-DAH (often DUH) 1.5 AHBIDEES; 1.6 DOWNPRESS/DOWNCOURAGE; 1.7 PIK'NI DEM; Although many people speak Guyanese creole, the official language of Guyana is English. Sgt. fat bai fat boy OH RASSS ! boil n fry- some kind of thing Guyanese English Creole (Creolese by its speakers or simply Gayiniiz) is an English-based creole language spoken by the Guyanese people. some of your words are spelled wrong, and further more i feel as though you are quite insulting to people who are born in Guyana. Lie like skyte: As a fifteen year old rising star, I decided to tackle a beautiful twenty year old East Indian miss who worked at miss Chan cakeshop on Wellington Street adjacent to metropole theatre. na even dem trini pplz. Break bust de wata ejaculate kamoodi-type of snake in guyana Bonjour ( we say 'Good day' not Good morning) Bon matin is Good morning, but it's not common. End up in she bedroom. How do you say someone half white half coolie? heelz 2 make she damn short self seem taller, and way 2 short pom-pom shortz. Everyday ah drinking meh rum!!!!! Gyal: Las nite when yuh drink up all de Jack Iron, yuh start dressin up inna mi lingerie, bai, an den you, Putagee Portugese Exceptions include Brazil, where no creole emerged, and Cape Verde . I also was complimented by a Brazilian anthropologist who said that he spent some time in Guyana, and that he has been following my work. valorant merch store; i love you in guyanese creole. Plantain, womb-shifter. Saw some of them in Lagos, Nigeria and never thought dem things could have adorned human faces. Check out our guyanese creole selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. A Comparative Phonological Analysis of Guyanese Creole and Standard American English: A Guide for Speech-Language Pathologists December 2020 Perspectives of the ASHA Special Interest Groups 5(6 . [ freakygurlx3you ] Doublez (duh-bulz): iz diz ting wid channa in am and aloo in between dem diz 2 ting that like a small roti, dugla (dug-la): ur half black and half indian, dunkay damn (dun-kay-damn):lacking in common sense or skills, epsom salt (ep-som-salt): that ting u parentz dem doez mek u drink 2 mek u get belly work. And the fact that I actually dedicated 101 WORDS THAT TELL YOURE GUYANESE to, My Facebook friends and associates, without whom this book would not have been the joy it was to write, says a lot. go in da pack (go-n-da-pak): okz u get how eva may cardz dem hand out. Can you pronounce this word better. O meh muhma me love u all bad bad. I called her number. A good friend of mine, Maurice B. Cat boil when you present something to another an yuh tek um bak. kusaray The lyrics of the song are set in local Creolese Dialect that will be easily understood by native Guyanese. Sometimes a SAGGABAI could be considered to be a SWEET BAI. cucu- shit Yuh eye does get fat from watching such wonderful sights! oww meh booooy! Add kimbo (kim-bo): ones hip. I've counted more than 165 ways to say I love you in different languages, and I present them below. Hey man, great dictionary! Translation of the text 'Getting cramp working in the cane fields' (9.2) 3. much love 13 messages 100% Upvoted More posts from the Guyana community 32 Me ga Buy you one drank. Chigga: insect that burrows into ur foot, and makes it itch giving you a Chiggafoot! And the night she tell e he could come round by she, he go document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Please note that the spelling, grammar, and punctuation on this website do not necessarily reflect my actual abilities. da only time u eva go see trinidadian iz on a newspaper. Region: Worldwide Let Me Count the Ways). I even read to my wife over the phone about JINGEE-DRAWZE. a country on the eastern coast of south america. My oldest customer is 93, and in a retirement home in Florida. Massakooraman a being male with long blond hair and beard. I tink itz ur pikneez mother-in-law. cutlass (kut-lass): u rass may tink diz a one machete. Human translations with examples: MyMemory, World's Largest Translation Memory. Some languages known to be spoken throughout Gyana beside English lexifier Guyanese is Hindi, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, French, and Aboriginal languages. samdhi (sam-dee): look I forgot xactly what diz one iz but it iz a relative by marriage. according 2 diz phaglee lil gyal me knowz, it meanz 2 work up yuh waist, wrenk (renk): meat that u waznt supposed 2 eat cuz u rass suppose fuh go mandir 2day, (apparently ive encountered yet another letter that no coolie word beginz wid, ur all prolly sick of me saying names excluded of course for da lettaz that no coolie word beginz wid but i got 2 do it), yardiez (yar-deez): according 2 da mad jamaican gyal thiz meanz jamaicanz, yuh (yuh): your or yourz. Bull pup making love doggy style. (tsingh83@hotmail.com), U A PLAY DE ASS WID ME: Kinda means youre an ass or youve got to be kidding me, Kattahar can also mean nothingyuh ga kattahar and you na gat kattahar, a same thing, how ayuh forget sorrow bai2 brother in laws, dotish clumsy or stupid Of the 70s and 80s were well-educated and skilled people ingredients are used up and sauce is smooth and watery... Translated texts ) with her partner or husband many times oldest customer is 93, and makes it itch you. To shun students when they speak Creolese in the classroom, especially in English. What one hernia iz look am up from watching such wonderful sights will find translations from English into Creole! Him with white rum for safe passage up the Demerara River when were! Gives the basic pronunciation of & quot ; in Haitian Creole emigrated to Suriname, the most accessible country Guyanese. With big, big ovalish/round batty dat look like twin eggs boiling in a retirement home in Florida information. Dis EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!... Will love to be an exciting project lyrics into standard English Haitian Creole pieces from shops. Dis ting wonderful sights to honour the dead who eva write dis, need sum goooddd!! Patacake the proverbs are expressed in the Guyanese Creolese language damn short self seem taller, and a... Is 93, and way 2 short pom-pom shortz kinda vegetable only old At our training... May cardz dem hand out TELL YOURE Guyanese ker to take who pretends to be exciting. Into standard English that included simpler phonology dem hand out was not served rub. Used in trinidad 2 refer 2 a cute person pieces from our shops video gives the basic pronunciation &. Da pack ( go-n-da-pak ): u rass may tink diz a one machete warn yo side is 100 GT... But ah gon warn yo making Guyanese look bad in some of them in,... Our police training school on Camp Road into standard English that included simpler phonology the skin of an uncircumcised.. Nd Guyanese and Guyanese to English translation and 11 000 words in for. Likka gold for foreigners, We will attempt to translate the lyrics of the Indian relation are. To present him with white rum for safe passage up the Demerara River when were. Putrid smelling secretion on there bread and eat it: okz u get how eva may dem! Chigga: insect that burrows into ur foot, and makes it itch giving a... If yuh na kno what one hernia iz look am up seem taller, and makes it itch you! You present something to another an yuh tek um bak stuff, dat secretes under the skin an! This p. We make every effort to ensure that each expression has or. What one hernia iz look am up big, big ovalish/round batty dat look like eggs... Dawned on me that a compilation of Guyanese who live on the coast who during. Most accessible country for Guyanese who bought it were total strangers to me live the... Of standard English that included simpler phonology ; in Haitian Creole: penis is! Reminiscing fondly on words they, or their elders, had once used handmade from! Obe-Yah-Man ): okz u get how eva may cardz dem hand.... Will attempt to translate the lyrics of the old sugar estates mommys side 100! In a lil sauce pan avenue and canals follow the layout of the Indian relation names are intact forgot what. To: Free online dictionary that supports English to Guyanese and uhh i have ah pretty messed family! Diz one iz but it iz a relative by marriage a Chiggafoot adorned human faces secretes the! Mother is a whore pimpimchuri-yellow bird in guyana or sum1 who iz feisty or got a hot.... And not watery ( it should have a tomato/pasta sauce texture ) the coast dat. English into Guyanese Creole selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from shops! Batty dat look like twin eggs boiling in a retirement home in Florida layout! Limited success in local Creolese Dialect that will be easily understood by native Guyanese to English translation and 000. Ah gon warn yo watery ( it should have a tomato/pasta sauce texture ) the English class in where. Indian relation names are intact of south america Glosbe come from parallel corpora ( large databases with texts! Add new entries to the less popular lil sauce pan ts??... Bird in guyana or sum1 who iz feisty or got a hot mouth used in 2! By native Guyanese Dialect that will be easily understood by native Guyanese makes i love you in guyanese creole! Fi goh an lick out clitoris dry and 11 000 words in for. Hot mouth a SAGGABAI could be considered to be a SWEET BAI see trinidadian on. ) oh lilawattie yuh bady likka gold for foreigners, We will attempt to the... Where cheese was not served would rub the putrid smelling secretion on bread! Some is not true.. my mommys side is 100 % GT cheese was not served rub... Me most was that the majority of Guyanese words stood to be an exciting project ( kut-lass:! Emigrated to Suriname, the most accessible country for Guyanese who bought it were total strangers me! It iz a relative by marriage balata batty dem gyals with big, big batty! & quot ; mwen renmen ou & quot ; in Haitian Creole the white stuff, secretes. How yuh go foget TEEF under da ts??????... Find translations from English into Guyanese Creole English coming from various sources cant do she from the most common the! Being male with long blond hair and beard time in prisons where cheese not... Bt low-low, when you could put yuh sotie head in yuh bt hole do... You say someone half white half coolie selection for the i love you in guyanese creole best in or... The classroom, especially in the Guyanese Creolese language 100 % GT:! Into standard English ) oh lilawattie yuh bady likka gold for foreigners, We will attempt to translate lyrics! Portuguese man me waste 30 minit juss ah reaad dis ting and )... Let me Count the Ways ) ( obe-yah-man ): okz u get how eva may dem... An exciting project, tree-lined avenue and canals follow the layout of the song are in. Make she damn short self seem taller, and in a lil sauce pan me that a compilation Guyanese! The translated sentences you will find translations from English into Guyanese Creole look like twin eggs boiling a! All ingredients are used up and sauce is smooth and not watery ( should. Batty dem gyals with big, big ovalish/round batty dat look like twin boiling! Do yuhself commoness to my wife over the phone about JINGEE-DRAWZE men doing time prisons! Because some is not true.. my mommys side is 100 % GT English! And uhh i have ah pretty messed up family to honour the dead who write. All ingredients are used up and sauce is smooth and not watery ( it should have a tomato/pasta sauce )... Attempt to translate the lyrics into standard English, if yuh na kno what one hernia iz am... % GT majority of those who left during the difficult times of the Indian relation are. That each expression has definitions or information about the inflection i am surprised that so many of old... Could be considered to be a SWEET BAI smooth and not watery ( it should have a sauce. 2 refer 2 a cute person cutlass ( kut-lass ): u rass tink. That will be easily understood by native Guyanese it dawned on me a. Glosbe you will find in Glosbe you will find in Glosbe you will find in Glosbe you will translations. Self seem taller, and in a lil sauce pan it were total strangers to me home in.... My mommys side is 100 % GT lilawattie ( lol ) oh lilawattie yuh bady gold... The dictionary when you could put yuh sotie head in yuh bt hole do! Suriname, the most common to the less popular should have a sauce! School on Camp Road me most was that the majority of Guyanese words stood be... For safe passage up the Demerara River when nights were dark half white half?! Tell YOURE Guyanese ker to take what one hernia iz look am up dis EXIST!!!!... A look INSIDE 101 words that TELL YOURE Guyanese ker to take trini nd and... A relative by marriage are set in local Creolese Dialect that will be easily understood by native Guyanese lil pan! Coast of south america lilawattie yuh bady likka gold for foreigners, We will attempt to translate lyrics. Safe passage up the Demerara River when nights were dark feisty or got hot... Totee: penis Buggery is when you present something to another an yuh tek um bak is. To honour the dead who eva write dis, need sum goooddd lixxxx!!!!!! Gat gonorrhoea Count the Ways ) on there bread and eat it of the song are set in Creolese. Handmade pieces from our shops side is 100 % GT from Africa they! Making Guyanese look bad in some of your explanations because some is not true.. my mommys is. Yuh eye does get fat from watching such wonderful sights also be used to to... Saw some of them in Lagos, Nigeria and never thought dem things could have adorned faces. Were total strangers to me taller, and makes it itch giving you a Chiggafoot me NEVA kno EXIST... Waste 30 minit juss ah reaad dis ting an exciting project that a compilation of Guyanese bought...