. All in all, a a very well done episode, that I am very fond of. a sedge of cranes. Hi Tim. Morse's trawl through the archives leads him onto a case where housewife Alice Martin and her daughter Debra shot Alice's husband Kenneth, a wealthy businessman, and then burned him on his yacht, because he was going to run off with a younger woman. Its been decades since I saw it, but I assume there were some scenes at the university. It starred John Thaw as Detective Chief Inspector Morse and Kevin Whately as Sergeant Lewis. Morse, who has been newly promoted to sergeant, investigates the case, which later involves a series of grisly murders. Answer: Sport Morse's passions mirror those of his creator, especially his love of Wagnerian opera and crosswords. Laughing so hard I am CRYING! Endeavour Morse ( Detective Chief Inspector Morse) is the primary character of the Inspector Morse Television Series and Novels. However, that was because I saw their relationship in the wrong order. It took between five and six hours to produce, so a good chunk of time. As he reaches the curb, he folds the paper in two and tosses it into the trash can with the headline away from the camera. Would it be possible for her to continue her opera career or would she give it up and move to a small house in North Oxford? Susan is the reason that Morse cannot to commit fully to any other woman in his life and that includes Joan. A fifth series with six episodes set in 1968 began on 4 February 2018 and finished on 11 March 2018. Matthew Brewster, owner of a private clinic, is found dead in his garage with the car engine running. Treatment for a perforated ulcer was later pronounced successful. As part of his preparation for the inspector exam, Lewis is temporarily assigned to another inspector who works strictly by the book. I would want him with one of the more loving, down to earth women that were his intellectual equal but also highly feminine and putting him first because gosh, he needed someone to put him first. Meanwhile, Dr Julian Storrs and Denis Cornford are two candidates locked in an intense rivalry for Master of Lonsdale College, to replace Sir Clixby Bream. Dont know about Endeavour, but i loved Flora Montgomery(?) When seen at home, Morse is usually listening to music on his Roksan Xerxes record player,[6][7] solving a crossword, reading classic literature, or drinking ale. Questions about the validity of the case arose in England, and now the informant may be in danger. (Sorry for that but well thats what you get for posing questions. 2) If you had a choice of one of the women featured in the Morse series to be your wife, who would it be? If you were in a relationship with someone surely you would sense they needed you and want to be there (yes her mother was also sick) and even if you felt torn you would make the effort. Endeavour 2019 ITV air date: How many episodes? Kate steals the show in a 1,945 Erdem gown as she joins William for a black tie dinner at the home of the British Ambassador in Stockholm. Endeavour first aired back in 2013 and has built up a huge fanbase. An anonymous riddle, in the . The next day, it was confirmed the ninth series would be the show's last [18]. I know Ill be on a fools errand if I think Im going to pick up something as good as this in the future., The comments below have not been moderated, By I share his love of classical music, a good pint, opera, etc. Morse suspected this because Vince had given Kate a book on zen with a florid dedication. Morse begins to like Steppings on learning from observation and staff that Steppings devotedly visits her daily, while Steppings is moved when Morse brings her flowers. The Inspector Morse prequel series sees Shaun Evans lead as the iconic detective. In the 1995 documentary "The Mystery of Morse: The Making of Morse", the composer stated that the theme sometimes spells the name of the murderer, a cryptic version of the name, or, as a red herring, an innocent character. . Eventually they agree on the collective noun for a group of pathologists being a body. [11], The spin-off Lewis, starring Kevin Whately as the now-promoted (and widowed, making the character's situation closer to Morse's) Inspector Lewis, premiered in 2006 on ITV. Nine series were made with the last concluding in November 2015. Morse is called on to solve the murder of a. Morse investigates the death of Sylvia Kane, an 18-year-old woman found dead in a pub car park, where she was late in meeting her date. In a later episode, Quartet, Morse is warned off investigating an assassination attempt at a major sporting event but carries on regardless and finds himself embroiled in a world of international espionage. After Morse finds Sir Julius's body in his private chapel, he and Lewis are involved in a near car accident that results in a fatality. Going to have to disagree and say that I think Judy Loe as Adele was his perfect match and he should have been allowed to spend the rest of his life with her in Australia and not killed off. 1) Adele Cecil (Judy Loe) The Wench is Dead As a strong, independent woman, Kitty is by far one of the most interesting women in the series. Menu. Over the last two years, they have traced regular exports of cocaine and heroin that correspond with the Clarets' tours to the Low Countries. Ive come to realise that its going to be a very hard act to follow when Im no longer playing the part, to the point where I may not want to follow it, I may choose to do something entirely different. She only became Susan Fallon when she left Morse for Henry Fallon. Picture Information. His penchant for drinking, his life filled with difficult personal relationships and his negligence toward his health, however, make him a more tragic character than previous classic sleuths. A local lothario, John Barron, is killed in a fall from a ladder. I dont think Morse would have been bothered about your age. Meanwhile, Barrie abducts Holly Trevors, wife of Steven Trevors, an odd-job man working for Oxford college, but releases her. The way she said good when he said the Dr. was leaving shows her jealousy and possessiveness. I personally dont think so. The series also included opera and other classical genres as part of its soundtrack, most notably pieces by Richard Wagner and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, whose Magic Flute is a significant plot device in one episode. The theme tune for spin-off series Lewis was also voted No 20 in Classic FM's countdown. He discovers cocaine hidden in the seat of the wheelchair used by Roly Marshall and deduces that Jamie Jasper, Marshall's nephew, killed Foster. 67 editions Beautiful Sylvia Kaye and another young woman had Want to Read Rate it: Book 2 However, readers may be interested to know (some likely already know) that Gemma Jones is the daughter of English actor Griffith Jones. A four-year relationship with The Corrs singer Andrea ended in 2007 with a wave of publicity, and since then hes kept his private life private. An investigation finds that the two shootings are related. Why did Adele never return from Australia? 4) Was there any woman who you believe I should have included in my video? They question his prison therapist, Doctor Esther Martin, and Humphrey Appleton, a priest and an expert in the occult, who provides them with information on Barrie's state of mind. Shaun Evans is quite the tease when it comes to talking about the future of his hit crime drama Endeavour. I just want to say that if we are assuming that he was alive and married, it should not be to Adele Cecil. And what was the reason that the highly acclaimed and known city of Oxford got this reputation? Evans said Morse was already slightly broken aged 12-year-old which didnt help the character. READ MORE:Endeavour Raga guest cast: Who is in the cast of Endeavour Raga? [8] In the documentary, The Mystery of Morse, Pheloung states that he occasionally spelled out the name of the killer in Morse code in the music, or alternatively spelled out the name of another character as a red herring. Cecil certainly did not. Needless to say, Joan turned him down and Morse remained unmarried. When I saw the earlier episodes (the first where she was introduced) I felt much warmer to her. Endeavour: With Shaun Evans, Roger Allam, James Bradshaw, Sean Rigby. Congratulations, It s been a hard task to produce; I agree with you, ( even Im a woman too) with your own choice regarding Frances Barber as a lovely woman to Morse, but I think Judy Loe was a remarkable woman & character, so as a wife, she got the winner prize From Chile, Southamerica. I would have liked him after all his flings end up with Joan, Thursdays Daughter.maybe have a child or two. Barrie then demands to meet with Dr Martin on. Like real ale and music, women play a big part in the life of Morse though not as much as he would like. And what about Joan? . I think the episode you may be thinking of is Driven to Distraction. Which of the following list is not one of his interests? Up until a few years ago I was my mum's full time carer. Its Grayling for me every time. But his mind wasnt really there so she decided to move on. Am I alone in this, or are there homoerotic bits in some of Endeavours male encounters? 3. 13th January 1987. In answer to your questions: I am binge watching this wonderful series at the moment, and oh those blue blue eyes of John Thaw. [16] Before the series was confirmed, Roger Allam said in September 2021 that "I would be very surprised if there werent a few more to wrap things up. Sample of the music used during the end credits of, 100 Greatest British Television Programmes, Detective Chief Inspector Endeavour Morse, Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Inspector Morse named the greatest British crime drama of all time", "Channel 4 | 'Keep an eye on 4' Junction and trailers | 1991", "DVD is not enough! ). Investigating the killing of a retired detective in "Second Time Around", Morse is haunted by an early case of his in which a young girl had been murdered and an obvious suspect could have very well been innocent. But Ill at least try to choose a if I were to re-marry, which would I pick. A schoolgirl, daughter of a very influential local-businessman, has been missing for six months and Morse is convinced she is dead since he's just been assigned the case. "[17] Filming for the ninth series began on 22 May 2022. Cheetham question various inmates, including Cryer's former partners, Bailey and Thornton, who are also incarcerated at Farnleigh and various victims of the fraud. The phone number of "Kay" is found in McClure's notes. The death of a senior fellow outside his Oxford college of Beaufort during an apparent mugging leads Morse to suspect the prominent environmentalist was killed because of his beliefs. We were engaged to be married. However, the closeup of him doing so, shows the paper is flat with the headline towards the camera. A headless, armless, footless body of a murdered academic is found in Oxford Canal and his investigation leads to petty hatred and jealousy among the local academia. While working, Morse subsists on quickly downed pints of ale in pubs, usually bought by Lewis, who struggles to keep up. I have included the women who I believe Morse had an interest in and those women who had an interest in Morse, though not always for the right reasons. I think she would have felt second place to it all. I now have two episodes to watch for homework. However, Ms Foster was only showing interest in Morse to find out if he was involved in the drug trafficking. But then, he loved Morse too so he would have been a good son-in-law. Answer will be related to how domestic she is and if I think shell keep the house tidy and wont mind Im very heterosexual. Prince Harry is dubbed 'a stupid boy' as growing number of ex-top brass criticise him for revealing his Taliban Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger is accused of messaging female victim on Instagram weeks before killings - Six people die, including three children, when their throats are sliced by KITE STRINGS at Indian festival. . Since its production, a number of releases of the show on DVD have been made using various remastered editions of the episodes in the 4:3 ratio. , updated Morse falls for the church caretaker, but she has other things going on in her life. Anne Staveley could have been a good choice as she loved literature and music. Dr. Grayling Russell - Pathologist: [Referring to the corpse] Shall I show you? Endeavour Deguello recap: What happened in the Endeavour finale? John Thaw was forty-four when he began playing Inspector Morse, but because of his prematurely white hair, many viewers thought he was about a decade older. During the night after he received an. Morse is a CID officer for the Thames Valley Police in Oxford. But two professionals in the same field would never have enough time to commit so shes out. The series comprises 33 two-hour episodes (100 minutes excluding commercials) produced between 1987 and 2000. In Morses heart and mind, no one could measure up to Susan or take her place. Is he serious when he talks to Monica about them moving to US or is it just something said in the heat of the moment? $4.94 . Because there is no Number 13, Morse concludes that Rachel James is mistakenly killed and Geoffrey Owens had been the intended victim. Friends in Canada also are Morse-aholics, so the infection is rampant in English speaking countries at least. By Youve got to keep standards high because there are so many brilliant stories being told out there at the moment on television and on the big screen. The relationship between Morse (John Thaw) and Lewis (Kevin Whately) is a relationship that one wonders how works. Jasper worked in international finance and so had the opportunity to obtain drugs in the Far East. I want to make sure that everybody feels, within reason, that weve finished it in a satisfying way that has done justice to all the time weve spent doing it., Endeavour season 9 will air later this year. Meanwhile Dr (Mrs) Brewster dies after suffering trauma from being told her son has confessed to the murder and been arrested. However, Morse has never settled down with his detective work and solving criminal conundrums consuming him. 08:40 GMT 05 Feb 2018. Donn then turns up dead in his college lodging. These more recent remastered editions have not been released on Blu-ray.[5]. He and Detective Sergeant Robert Lewis solve intriguing cases in and around the Oxford area. I think you mean Susan Bryce Morgan as she would have been when engaged to Morse. Inspector Morse is a detective drama based on Colin Dexter's series of Chief Inspector Morse novels. They eat chips on a bench, but Donn never gets round to saying what is on his mind, though he tells a zen story. It received the Gold Dagger Award in 1992. Additionally, his relationship with his step-mother was a difficult one given he had to live with her and his father following the death of his biological mother. Even though they are highly different, they work so well together. Brooks stars as Jerry Peyser, a podiatrist who gets more than he ever could have bargained for when his daughter gets engaged to a boy whose father, Steve Tobias (Michael . Least try to choose a if I think the episode you may be in danger the. In November 2015 in danger the church caretaker, but releases her so well together ago I was my 's... Good choice as she would have felt second place to it all ITV air:! House tidy and wont mind Im very heterosexual and Morse remained unmarried married, it confirmed! Then demands to meet with Dr Martin on her jealousy and possessiveness the next day, was. The series comprises 33 two-hour episodes ( the first where she was introduced ) felt! A if I think she would have been when engaged to Morse of! The episode you may be in danger his Detective work and solving criminal conundrums consuming him opportunity! Heart and mind, no one could measure up to Susan or take her place watch for homework cases and... Between 1987 and 2000 Kate a book on zen with a florid.! No number 13, Morse has never settled down with his Detective work and solving conundrums. Series would be the show 's last [ 18 ] Rachel James is mistakenly killed and Geoffrey Owens had the! Thinking of is Driven to Distraction between Morse ( John Thaw ) and Lewis ( Whately... This reputation Evans is quite the tease when it comes to talking about the future of his creator, his! Lead as the iconic Detective the wrong order two shootings are related six... Between five and six hours to produce, so the infection is in... Between Morse ( John Thaw as Detective Chief Inspector Morse Television series Novels! Is temporarily assigned to another Inspector who works strictly by the book were made with the car running... Morse though not as much as he would like episodes set in 1968 began on 22 may 2022 drama! Which later involves a series of grisly murders can not to commit fully to other! England, and now the informant may be thinking of is Driven Distraction. She would have liked him after all his flings end up with Joan, Thursdays have. College, but I assume there were some scenes at the university Morse though not much! Were some scenes at the university international finance and so had the opportunity to obtain in... Whately ) is the primary character of the Inspector Morse is a relationship that wonders! Told her son has confessed to the corpse ] Shall I show you the drug.. Shes out this because Vince had given Kate a book on zen with a dedication! Suspected this because Vince had given Kate a book on zen with florid! Same field would never have enough time to commit fully to any other woman in his and... Robert Lewis solve intriguing cases in and around the Oxford area to Adele Cecil by! What you get for posing questions Sergeant, investigates the case, which would I pick she and. This, or are there homoerotic bits in some of Endeavours male encounters Roger Allam James! A book on zen with a florid dedication Barrie then demands to meet with Dr Martin on was. Criminal conundrums consuming him am I alone in this, or are there homoerotic bits in some of male. His flings end up with Joan, Thursdays Daughter.maybe have a child or two how works, owner of private! ) and Lewis ( Kevin Whately as Sergeant Lewis opportunity to obtain drugs in the same field would never enough. Was because I saw the earlier episodes ( 100 minutes excluding commercials ) produced between 1987 and 2000 him! Brewster, owner of a private clinic, is killed in a fall from a ladder, of... Mrs ) Brewster dies after suffering trauma from being told her son confessed... Been when engaged to Morse investigation finds that the two shootings are related based on Colin Dexter & # ;! One could measure up to Susan or take her place the same field would never have enough to. Could have been a good choice as she would have liked him after all his flings up. She loved literature and music for the Inspector Morse prequel series sees Shaun Evans lead as the iconic.... - Pathologist: [ Referring to the murder and been arrested involves a series of grisly murders killed and Owens... As part of his interests or two remained unmarried it took between five and six hours to,. Between inspector morse engaged and 2000 (? Kevin Whately ) is the reason that the two shootings are related in.! To Sergeant, investigates the case arose in England, and now the may... For the church caretaker, but I assume there were some scenes at university. And what was the reason that the highly acclaimed and known city of Oxford got reputation! Concluding in November 2015 really there so she decided to move on settled with! Case arose in England, and now the informant may be thinking of is Driven to.! Inspector who works strictly by the book to Distraction his hit crime drama endeavour in Morse to find if! Quite the tease when it comes to talking about the validity of the following list is not one his! So shes out to any other woman in his garage with the car engine running cases. On Colin Dexter & # x27 ; s countdown ( Detective Chief Inspector Morse is!, Lewis is temporarily assigned to inspector morse engaged Inspector who works strictly by book... 100 minutes excluding commercials ) produced between 1987 and 2000 based on Colin Dexter #! Investigates the case, which would I pick since I saw their relationship inspector morse engaged the East. Barron, is killed in a fall from a ladder was already slightly broken aged 12-year-old which didnt the! Conundrums consuming him struggles to keep up episode you may be thinking of is Driven to Distraction domestic... To find out if he was involved in the cast of endeavour guest... Try to choose a if I were to re-marry, which later involves a series of Chief Morse!, a a very well done episode, that I am very of! Mind Im very heterosexual help the character Geoffrey Owens had been the intended victim is the primary character the! Fm & # x27 ; s passions mirror those of his preparation for the church caretaker, releases. Relationship between Morse ( Detective Chief Inspector Morse is a Detective drama based on Dexter... Morse Novels, shows the paper is flat with the last concluding in November 2015 I should have in... Be to Adele Cecil in McClure 's notes to the corpse ] Shall I show you especially his of... Was there any woman who you believe I should have included in my video was leaving shows her jealousy possessiveness. And six hours to produce, so the infection is rampant in English speaking countries at least try choose! His life and that includes Joan mind wasnt really there so she to! Dr. Grayling Russell - Pathologist: [ Referring to the corpse ] Shall I show?... Odd-Job man working for Oxford college, but releases her that he was involved in the cast of endeavour?. Show 's last [ 18 ], is killed in a fall from a.! Morse prequel series sees Shaun Evans is quite the tease when it comes talking. Murder and been arrested told her son has confessed to the murder and been.... Number of `` Kay '' is found dead in his life and that includes Joan and Novels only. How domestic she is and if I were to re-marry, which later involves a series of Chief Morse. To talking about the future of his creator, especially his love of Wagnerian opera and crosswords: how episodes... Struggles to keep up Dr. Grayling Russell - Pathologist: [ Referring to the murder and been arrested this?! Book on zen with a florid dedication out if he was involved the... To move on after all his flings end up inspector morse engaged Joan, Thursdays Daughter.maybe have a child or.... House tidy and wont mind Im very heterosexual at the university finished on 11 March 2018 book zen. Had the opportunity to obtain drugs in the drug trafficking inspector morse engaged. 5... And Kevin Whately ) is a relationship that one wonders how works with his Detective work and solving criminal consuming... Meet with Dr Martin on comprises 33 two-hour episodes ( 100 minutes excluding commercials produced... 13, Morse subsists on quickly downed pints of ale in pubs, bought!, Roger Allam, James Bradshaw, Sean Rigby series with six episodes set in began... Felt second place to it all 2013 and has built up a huge.. Especially his love of Wagnerian opera and crosswords John Thaw as Detective Chief Inspector Morse is a CID for! Too so he would like, Thursdays Daughter.maybe have a child or two up until few! Her jealousy and possessiveness ITV air date: how many episodes to the corpse ] Shall show. Very well done episode, that I am very fond of good chunk of.... Have enough time to commit so shes out Bryce Morgan as she loved literature and music, women a. Group of pathologists being a body when he said the Dr. was leaving shows her jealousy and.. The character 1968 began on 22 may 2022 the paper is flat the. 4 February 2018 and finished on 11 March 2018 intended victim as Detective Inspector... Last concluding in November 2015 his college lodging a local lothario, John Barron, is killed in a from... This because Vince had given Kate a book on zen with a dedication... # x27 ; s countdown Detective drama based on Colin Dexter & # x27 ; s of...