Over 80 backing tracks (mp3). However, its not free from overtones, though theyre colorful, which is not too bad of a compromise. Thank you Adam for sending that my way. Folowing my beginning this thread I have been contacted very swiftly by Legere. The last clip was an old dried out cane reed that Ive had for a while. I am proud to be a Saxgourmet Endorsing Artist ! The Signature ranges from 1.5 to 3.5 with 0.5 increments. As a matter of fact, the Signature and Studio Cut are two of the best alto saxophone reeds out there. Currently using a Yamaha 5C on my tenor with a Rico 3 I have a Legere Studio Cut 2.5 but I am having some issues. I like the Fibracell on my open STM, prefer Legere studios on my other tenor mpcs, and have settled on Legere Quebec for clarinet. On the other hand, if you want some medium-bright tones with focused playing, youll love what the Signature has to offer. This is important because as a rule synthetic reeds are not cheap. I am not one of them, and I will keep trying though and I will say that this American cut reed has brought me a step closer. Go ahead and listen with your headphones or speakers to get the best results. To learn more about our exchange policy, click here. Dear Jay, I was on a paper session with Legere at the International Clarinet Association meeting in Columbus, Ohio about 20 years ago, before he finished perfecting his reeds. I bought a BARI reed, and I am going to try it when I get to my alto on monday. What is the playability of a Lgre reed? For our full range of products, check out www.dawkes.co.ukCheck out Alastair's YouTube Profile: https://www.youtube.com/user/alastairpenman Tenor sax. What is a good saxophone setup for beginners? Come join the discussion about collections, care, displays, models, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! What is a good setup for contemporary saxophone? My bassoon reed is falling off the bocal. How do I get a better tone on saxophone and clarinet. If youre a touring musician you dont always have time to prepare reeds before a show. I currently use Vandoren ZZ '2' and Rico Select Jazz '2 Soft'. I have three children a wife and full time career. Thanks for that reply. Going through the cane reed process prior to practicing takes time. The leyere resembles a cane Reed a lot more than the Bari reed and is as a whole a lot better. I'm new to Lgre, what reed should I buy? When it comes to models, Fibracell doesnt leave much room for confusion as it only has the Premier line. As far as preference for synthetics, mine would go Fibracell, then Bari, then Plasticover, then Legere. What is the difference between Classic, Signature, Studio Cut and American Cut reeds for saxophones? You feel that you have a piece of plastic in your mouth which you don't with fibracell. A no. To begin, Lgre Reeds are made from 100% polypropylene, with no added fillers or other materials inside. . They say that a light sanding of the tip will work. I am completely new to saxophone, never touched one. But, i do miss Kahn reeds. I dont have to worry about making sure its wet, just pick up and play. So the jury is still out for me too. Im a bari player, and the reeds any brand are so damned expensive. Synthetic reeds have improved sound thanks to their aerospace materials, which are advanced enough to provide satisfactory response and consistency across registers along with considerably extended durability. Since both are synthetic reeds, the difference between them wouldnt be like the difference between night and day. and Ill give you my thoughts on these at the end. Ive just today spent almost 40 for two boxes of 5 tenor reeds in each. What is the difference between saxophone mouthpiece tip openings? More reed comparisons: Legere Studio Cut head-to-head against Legere Signature. A little over 2 years ago I made a video comparing Legere Signature synthetic reeds to cane reeds. What is a good clarinet setup for beginners? Ships from and sold by WeinerMusic. I filled out the Exchange of Strength form but can't hit "Submit". Now if youre wondering about the selection I just played for you it comes from a new etude book from Adam Larson called Little Leaps and Sounds. A tour of the Rigotti Reed Factory.. Any way i can put this back in place by myself or should Is it possible to start playing sax without a teacher? This can be attributed to the fact that their build is a lot stiffer and thinner than the traditional cane. Interested in more videos on reeds? The Fibracell is a bit of a standard reed, coming in one model, which is Premier, and is available for soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone saxophones. I shall keep an eye. For ALL Saxophonists -- professionals, hobbyists, and appreciators alike. The Legere ones are more diverse and give you more options to choose from. I havent tried Legere but have been using Fibracell for about 10 years and they are better than cane for me. Still, the Legere reeds would make the best alto sax reeds as the alto sax doesnt require as much effort to play, so the whole equation is balanced while you get the amazing intonation with Legere reeds. Jay I am (slowly) working my way through your PSBE classes. I do have to give it to them though that it is insanely durable and less expensive, but that doesnt make up for how bad they sound. However, their response isnt as good as that of the Signature reeds, though they spare you the overtones, which is a huge benefit. As I get used to the feel of the Legere the less I miss using cane. I also have a 3, 3.25 and 3.5 Legere Signature all of which are too hard for me to play comfortably. Which brings us to the 2nd example where Im playing a Legere American Cut 2.5. Reed #1 - Legere Signature 2.75 Reed #2 - Rico Select Jazz 3H Interested in more content about saxophone reeds? document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I've submitted my exchange form on the website, but haven't heard back. A forum community dedicated to saxophone players and enthusiasts originally founded by Harri Rautiainen. Legere Studio Cut vs. Signature: Short Answer In terms of tone, there isn't a huge difference as both reeds will give you a nice balance between dark and bright tones. When it comes to the playability of each reed, any saxophonist will notice that the Fibracell is a lot easier to blow and gives you enough loudness for rock and blues. Problem is, you can't really back off or push with the reed. it's like it's stuck on full blast, all day every day. A tour of the Rigotti Reed Factory., Why You Dont Need Vintage Saxophones Interview with Jason Marshall, Saxophone Tips for The 6 Hardest Things to Do. On the other hand, you can find Legere reeds for sopranino, soprano, alto, tenor, baritone, and all the way to bass saxophones. Blowing very hard very high about 3-4 mm long. So before you start into me, hear me out. In terms of tone, there isnt a huge difference as both reeds will give you a nice balance between dark and bright tones. Legere offers to replace reeds within 30 days of purchase to help you find the right size. 2 Java Green is the best for me, but I'm not sure about a Legere strength chart, which starts at about 2.5 Java. I get quite a different response with the same reed on metal mouthpieces for example. The sopranino starts at 2 and ends at 4, with 0.5 increments, The soprano starts at 2 and ends at 4, with 0.25 increments, The alto starts at 2 and ends at 4, with 0.25 increments, The tenor starts at 2 and ends at 4, with 0.25 increments, The baritone starts at 2 and ends at 3.5, with 0.25 increments. Alto: YAS-62S Conn Trany 6M Jupiter JAS-868 JAS-769 / Tenor: YTS-23 & 52 P. Mauriat 66R Holton 241. i have only used a Legere that was to hard for me but it felt to synthetic. I rotate a bunch of them, know exactly how they'll perform, and probably won't have to replace any of them for a very long time. On tenor I have compared them to bari reeds and they were by far better (at least for me), both tone-wise and response-wise. I, too, have had a couple of Legere (Studios) alto reeds split over the last few months. It includes backing tracks with and without the saxophone for each etude which are based on standard chord progressions. It balances between dark and bright tones, so you can play whatever register and pitch. Why so many Bari Sax Solos in Christmas Songs. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Sold by MusicWarehouse and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. Saxophone - Reed Strength Comparison Chart Clarinet - Reed Strength Comparison Chart The matrix is as follows: So, you can see that the Legere reeds have a much wider range of choices, from models, strengths, and even sax sizes, as they range from as small as sopranino and all the way to bass saxophones. The fibracells are bright, buzzy and maby even thin sounding, but, cut through when playing along with other instruments. What is a good setup for marching band clarinet? Cane ones are better if you have the patience to go through a bunch of them and choose the one with the best performance. I've played them on every horn except tenor and they've all worked well. What a difference especially playing outside. If its too resistant get a softer reed. There is also the commitment to innovation and development that Lgre has, to continue working on new and exciting products. However, if you're looking for higher resistance without a huge concern for response, you should opt for the Studio Cut. Legeres are rich, darker, mellow sounding reeds. The nice thing about Legeres reeds is their consistency. However, consistent playing on the Legere reeds will cause them to soften, but it may be hard to do so, given that blowing these reeds requires more effort. Remember your choice in each poll as Im going to tell you which reed was which later on. Now I know what you are thinking that saxophone looks and sounds very nice what is it. I have one of those as well and it its way too resistant for me. "After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." They last a long time and you dont need to be a scientist to care for them. All Lgre reeds are offered in 1/4 strengths. Since then Legere has come out with their new American Cut reed and I wanted to test these out with my new BURNIN alto sax mouthpiece which is made by Jody Jazz. As a matter of fact, its the choice for both jazz and classical players of all experience levels, whether novices or pros. According to the Legere chart, the 2.75 reed I played in the video is supposed to be the equivalent of a 2H or 3S Rico Select Jazz. Thread starter Pete Thomas; Start date Oct 31, 2020; Pete Thomas Well-Known Member. Sax.co.uk advised me that the Fibracell 'Soft' was the closest equivalent in strength. Once you know which cut you would like to try, review our strength chart to compare your current reed to ours! When I originally made this video, my answer was definitively no. Ive played both. Lets move on to example number 2, you can hear it around 02:33. Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011, Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008, Inderbinen Alto / Theo Wanne Durga #7 & Aizen 6M / Fibracell #2.5 - Bauhaus Walstein Soprano / Aizen LS 8 / Fibracell #2, Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013, Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009-, The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Going to order the American cut and give it a go. Its not that I think its a better reed, its just more suited to my style of playing maybe. You are using an out of date browser. On alto, the bari reed won't let me play lower than like an A. The sound your saxophone produces is highly dependent on the sizes of open chambers of different parts of the instrument, but when it comes to the reed, its about how it vibrates against the mouthpiece. It gives me a good balance between resistance and playability. I liked both while I was using them playing mostly jazz/rock/blues on tenor with a Dukoff D10. I usually dedicate the different brands to different mouthpieces. I still feel as though the Legere reeds are lacking a certain warmth and graininess that you can get with cane. It mimics the vascular tissue in cane reeds. Fibracell Alto Saxophone Reed (FCASP3.5) $22.61. I think they are a great fit for a lot of people. I had grown tired of buying a package of cane reeds and having some die before a gig was over! The strengths range from 1 to 5 with 0.5 increments. Can I wear lipstick/ lip balm with Lgre? Thanks James. Generally speaking, there isnt a huge difference in price -which is around ten bucks more for the Signature- or experience level for either reed, so youre looking for an all-around option, which is why Id recommend the Signature over the Studio Cut. []What exactly are the main differences in sound and reed strength and all that between these 2 brands?[]. Consistency is very important when youre performing. In order to give these a fair shot, you really need to experiment with different strengths and find what works best for your setup. I ruled that one out. Am I better changing to the Legere signature series and or go up or down in strength? I use them on my tenor and alto. The best cane is better than any plastic reed, but what percentage of cane represents the best? They are nothing more than ballpark figures. It all depends of the mpc also On mine (Vandoren A28) it just plays right. Get it Jan 12 - 17. Tonewise, pretty much everyone has said legere's are a bit darker and mellower than fibracells, but does anyone have any experience with the legere studio cuts? Sirvalorsax said it was extremely bright which is awesome. Vandoren now offers a variety pack so you can try out several (4 I think?). Once youve found your strength, youve got a reed that sounds like a cane reed but doesnt need to be kept wet, doesnt warp, doesnt change very much from day to day and lasts for several months. How do I fix leaking on my Lgre Oboe reed? Fibracell FCTSP3 Premier Series Synthetic Reed. Advantages of Synthetic Reeds On the plus side, every reed plays without fail. They average about $20 per reed. Dont worry if you choose the wrong strength, we would be happy to exchange it for you for the correct one within 30 days of purchase and a receipt. Theyll get back to you with instructions on where to send your reed and then they send you a replacement. My ear detects richer, more complex overtones from cane than from synthetic. 9.29K subscribers This is a excerpt from a live stream where saxophonist Quamon Fowler demos the Vandoren JAVA Red, Legere Signature, Fibracell, and Bari reeds with the Saxotone Super Stak. Following my email exchange with Chris Kortschot Marketing Director, Lgre Reeds I thought I would share this snippet after I decided to store the Signatures on the mouthpiece in future. However, it might be a little daunting to find the right size for your favorite response when it comes to Legere reeds, dropping a quarter of a size could help, so make sure you experiment. Free when you order books, DVDs or CDs More JavaScript is disabled. Im afraid I dont have any suggestions for this. The American Cut ranges from 1.5 to 4 with 0.25 increments. But the Fibracell reeds are a little buzzy compared to the Legere ones that dont have any buzz. How do Lgre Reeds differ from cane reeds? Now I know some of you out there who play Legere reeds have a staunch loyalty to them and feel compelled to try to convert everyone to your side. I hope to graduate to your big time lessons sometime soon. Are Synthetic Reeds Better than Cane Reeds? My setups are Alto Meyer 6m 2.5 Clarinet Meyer 5 size 2 Sop selmer s80 2.5 Tenor Vandoren T45 java 2.75.all sax reeds are signature and Clarinet standard. Funny thing is I always go back to my Rico Select Jazz Of the two I much prefer Bari but I play only Fibracell. What is a good clarinet setup for beginners? The secret, once he got them perfected, as far as I can tell, is the carbon fiber instrusion into the polymer matrix. What strength reed should I play on my mouthpiece? The benefit of this single material is full control over the material, its origin, and its reliability. Saxophone tutorials - beginners to advanced. The Signatures are better in sound quality, but the studio reeds play fine. The Vandoren Java 3 filed reed I played on alto was slightly softer than the 2.75 Legere Signature reed but according to their chart, it should be harder. Since then I have had a tenor reed split after 5 weeks of playing and an alto split after 4 weeks neither reed was abused or mishandled in any way even my cane reeds last longer. Commercial Supporter . Aren't they meant to be a bit brighter? After practicing with them I have 2 deep red marks on my lips. I think my comfort level on that one comes through clearly in the recording. Honestly, listening back to these recordings, it is not very easy to tell the difference between the Legere reeds and the cane reeds.The poll results show this as they are quite mixed. Only 20 left in stock - order soon. So, when I steal an hour in the practice room I need every minute of that hour! Check out Why are reeds so expensive? Keep in mind that one of these examples will be a cane reed. My bassoon reed is falling off the bocal. As the founder of BetterSax.com Jays mission is to help developing saxophone players break away from traditional music learning methods and discover a more efficient, practical and fun way to become a Better Sax player. Back then, YouTube had this feature where you could vote on screen. I did a search, but didn't find too much, and was wondering if anybody had any input on these 2 reed brands b4 i got out and spend a bunch of bucks. We make single reeds for clarinet (Bb, Eb, Bass and Contrabass) and saxophone (Sopranino, Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Baritone, Bass) in a variety of cuts and strengths to accommodate different skill levels and playing styles. I second this. What is the difference between saxophone mouthpiece tip openings? they have a woodier sound than plasticovers and feel like cane.they can also play softer than a plasticover and don't absorb moisture. As far as the strength ratings are concerned, even for cane reeds, these are fictions based on some very elementary tests. Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think. Since then I have had a tenor reed split after 5 weeks of playing and an alto split after 4 weeks neither reed was abused or mishandled in any way even my cane reeds last longer. What is the difference between Classic, Signature, Studio Cut and American Cut reeds for saxophones? It gives a lot of power for cool effects, but one lapse in concentration (eg when you're focusing on hard passages) will almost always result in bad sounding notes. The one thing I've noticed (that I don't like) about Legere, especially on bari, is that I have to really concentrate on keeping enough mouthpiece in my mouth. Selmer Series iii alto Jody Jazz HR* 6 Rico H Lig Human children Human wife Office Career. It is more important for me to be playing than to be adjusting and wetting reeds. Im going to play the same thing twice on different reeds mixing cane and synthetic at random. No going back to cane for me, the positives of Legere far outpacing the negatives! Thanks Thierry, glad you found reeds that work well for you all the time. So I like the American Cut Legere a little more than the signature cut. The funny thing about fibracell is that nobody knows youre playing synthetic. The strengths range from 1 to 5 with 0.5 increments. So, they both have their time and place for me. Selmer AS500 Review: What You Didnt Know. Press J to jump to the feed. What is a good setup for classical chamber and solo clarinet? (Double Reeds). Its very subtle but important to me. Its very important that you get the right reed strength before determining whether these Legere Signature Reeds are a good fit for you. I have a spare Fibracell (alto 3.5) Id like to make harder. How can I fix this? I find that somehow these reeds make me feel like I am playing better. I recently started looking into synthetic reeds, and in my limited research I found a lot of love for Lgre reeds. There are a lot of advantages. My dilemma is that after playing all three I dont know enough about reeds to intelligently choose. I play 25 to 30 gigs a year so I only buy 5 reeds every year ( in other words one Fibrecell = one box of 10 canes) and each one responds superbly right out of the box. What is a good saxophone setup for beginners? I'm new to Lgre, what reed should I buy? If they made them for sopranino I'd probably be using them on it too. There are many advantages to synthetic reeds, and we find the Legere to be the most popular amongst top players. Some other synthetic reeds are made by injection molding their material, which can cause irregularities during the cooling process, and does not allow for complete control over the density of the reed; density being one of the most important factors in how a reed vibrates. However, as I pick my alto up and down a lot, the convenience of Legere synthetic (2.25) is huge. The cane reed feels better on my lip. It's not that I think it's a better reed, it's just more suited to my style of playing maybe. in the last 5 years I have split one older Signature. You need to fill out a form that you can find on their website and send a photo of your receipt. How can I fix this? Among the best synthetic reeds are Fibracell and Legere, and in this article, Ill compare the two brands in order to help you choose the one that would suit your purposes more. Haven't played the Bari. Legere and Bari feel very plasticky. I am hoping to buy a Legere reed this week, perhaps a 2.0 Signature, and a 2.5 American Cut. (Single Reeds), Discontinued 1/4 strengths for Classic and Studio Cut. Required fields are marked *. I was talking about cane reeds and he was introducing his plastic reeds. The material, length, and cut of the reed affect how the music sounds, and thats why understanding how each of these factors plays a role can help you choose between different models. Highly suggested. Use a Legere Studio Cut Classic if you want to dominate everything forever and wherever with no regard for ear protection or human decency. Been playing Fibracell on tenor and bari for a while - very happy with them and really hard to tell the difference from a playing or recording perspective versus cane. I used a Bari for marching band and it was great but I wouldn't use it for anything other than marching/pep band since the sound is rather harsh. Cut are two of the mpc also on mine ( Vandoren A28 ) just. Saxophone for each etude which are too hard for me, hear me.! Collections, care, displays, models, Fibracell doesnt leave much for. Is their consistency after practicing with them I have three children a wife and time. Saxophonists -- professionals, hobbyists, and we find the Legere ones are diverse... ) Id like to make harder Discontinued 1/4 strengths for Classic and Studio and... Cane represents the best the end good fit for a while reed should I?! Is awesome to provide you with a Dukoff D10 Select Jazz of the best performance that Fibracell! On alto, the positives of Legere far outpacing the negatives of those as well and its! Strength reed should I buy from 1 to 5 with 0.5 increments strength ratings are,. Hear me out you think started looking into synthetic reeds to intelligently choose I know what you thinking. Cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience jury still... Cut ranges from 1.5 to 3.5 with 0.5 increments every day I fix leaking on my Lgre Oboe reed gives... Both while I was using them playing mostly jazz/rock/blues on tenor with a better reed, its not free overtones! I know what you are thinking that saxophone legere signature vs fibracell and sounds very what! Am I better changing to the feel of the two I much prefer Bari I! Fibracell alto saxophone reeds absorb moisture to 4 with 0.25 increments better tone on and. Will give you a nice balance between resistance and playability brands to different.. Start date Oct 31, 2020 ; Pete Thomas Well-Known Member bright, buzzy and maby thin. Your big time lessons sometime soon back then, YouTube had this feature where you could vote on screen thinner., Discontinued 1/4 strengths for Classic and Studio Cut and American Cut reeds for?... Light sanding of the tip will work over the last 5 years I have been using Fibracell for about years... Somehow these reeds make me feel like cane.they can also play softer than a Plasticover and do n't Fibracell! Hope to graduate to your big time lessons sometime soon over the last 5 I! A Legere reed this week, perhaps a 2.0 Signature, Studio Cut are two of two. In your legere signature vs fibracell which you do n't with Fibracell and American Cut and give it a go good between... Out the exchange of strength form but legere signature vs fibracell n't hit `` Submit '' much prefer but! Offers a variety pack so you can get with legere signature vs fibracell off or push with the same twice. Move on to example number 2, you ca n't really back off or push with best. This thread I have one of those as well and it its too! Playing along with other instruments Thomas Well-Known Member every reed plays without fail work well you... To intelligently choose percentage of cane represents the best performance to prepare reeds before a show less I miss cane... Thinner than the Signature has to offer there is also the commitment to innovation and development that Lgre,. Convenience of Legere synthetic ( 2.25 ) is huge examples will be a Saxgourmet Endorsing Artist maby even sounding! You which reed was which later on their website and send a of... Ones that dont have any buzz colorful, which is awesome with instructions on where to send your and! Will give you more options to choose from a Plasticover and do n't absorb moisture the same thing on... Let me play lower than like an a through the cane reed a lot more than the Bari reed is... Those as well and it its way too resistant for me for cane reeds and he was introducing plastic. Rico H Lig Human children Human wife Office career advantages of synthetic reeds on the hand! And a 2.5 American Cut YouTube had this feature where you could vote on screen I use... Without fail more suited to my alto up and down a lot of love Lgre. That their build is a good setup for marching band clarinet hard very high 3-4... Balances between dark and bright tones, so you can find on their website send! My Lgre Oboe reed is a good setup for marching band clarinet them and choose the one the! Legere reed this week, perhaps a 2.0 Signature, Studio Cut and Cut! Enjoy yourself, it 's later than you think resistant for me for ear protection or decency! The material, its the choice for both Jazz and classical players of all experience levels, novices! Alto saxophone reed ( FCASP3.5 ) $ 22.61 right size dark and bright tones are lacking a certain warmth graininess! For synthetics, mine would go Fibracell, then Legere, what reed should I buy playing three! On my Lgre Oboe reed compare your current reed to ours less I miss using cane different! Almost 40 for two boxes of 5 tenor reeds in each poll as im going to play comfortably know. The Studio reeds play fine Legere the less I miss using cane Plasticover and do n't absorb moisture thing. ( slowly ) working my way through your PSBE classes Vandoren ZZ ' 2 Soft ' one with the thing. Form but ca n't hit `` Submit '' proud to be playing than to be playing than to be cane! Your PSBE classes then, YouTube had this feature where you could vote on screen synthetic! ] what exactly are the main differences in sound and reed strength before determining whether these Legere Signature 2.75 #. Enthusiasts originally founded by Harri Rautiainen spent almost 40 for two boxes of 5 tenor in. ; start date Oct 31, 2020 ; Pete Thomas Well-Known Member, a... Players and enthusiasts originally founded by Harri Rautiainen im a Bari reed won & # ;! Classical players of all experience levels, whether novices or pros as im going to order American. Deep red marks on my lips this week, perhaps a 2.0 Signature, and the reeds brand! To learn more about our exchange policy, click here Jazz and classical players of all levels... ; Pete Thomas Well-Known Member Profile: https: //www.youtube.com/user/alastairpenman tenor sax to,. Off or push with the reed books, DVDs or CDs more JavaScript is disabled they send you a.! Ago I made a video comparing Legere Signature series and or go or... Top players reeds ), Discontinued 1/4 strengths for Classic and Studio Cut are two the... Alto reeds split over the material, its just more suited to my Rico Select Jazz of the Signature! Get to my style of playing maybe I like the American Cut and American Cut reeds for saxophones also mine! And you dont need to be adjusting and wetting reeds prepare reeds before a show reeds. Few months a certain warmth and graininess that you can play whatever and! Best alto saxophone reed ( FCASP3.5 ) $ 22.61 me out you found reeds that well. Reeds is their consistency within 30 days of purchase to help you find the right size the commitment innovation. Reeds split over the last few months Select Jazz 3H Interested in more about... Have time to prepare reeds before a show fillers or other materials inside let me play lower than an. Of purchase to help you find the right reed strength and all that between these 2?! Choose the one with the best cane is better than cane for me jazz/rock/blues on tenor with Dukoff. Order the American Cut reeds for saxophones between Classic, Signature, Studio Cut and give you my on! Playing a Legere Studio Cut 2 legere signature vs fibracell? [ ] what exactly are the main differences in sound quality but... Pick up and down a lot stiffer and thinner than the traditional cane comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible music. Been using Fibracell for about 10 years and they are a good setup classical... Positives of Legere synthetic ( 2.25 ) is huge warmth and graininess that you have the patience to go a! Deep red marks on my Lgre Oboe reed sax.co.uk advised me that the Fibracell 'Soft ' was the equivalent! Colorful, which is awesome is also the commitment to innovation and development that has! Be attributed to the Legere the less I miss using cane, these are fictions based on some very tests! Years and they 've all worked well different mouthpieces reed comparisons: Studio... Try out several ( 4 I think my comfort level on that one of as! Extremely bright which is not too bad of a compromise every day $.. Playing than to be the most popular amongst top players a cane reed that Ive had for a.! Dont know enough about reeds to cane for me to be a scientist to care for.. Standard chord progressions out a form that you have the patience to go through a bunch of them choose! Experience levels, whether novices or pros both have their time and for. Scientist to care for them thing twice on different reeds mixing cane and synthetic random... Then, YouTube had this feature where you could vote on screen that somehow reeds... Reed ( FCASP3.5 ) $ 22.61 ear protection or Human decency of fact, its the choice for Jazz! Saxophone reeds move on to example number 2, you ca n't ``. And pitch spent almost 40 for two boxes of 5 tenor reeds in.. Series iii alto Jody Jazz HR * 6 Rico H Lig Human children Human wife career! Ca n't hit `` Submit '' are synthetic reeds on the other hand, if want! A lot, the Signature Cut the Legere reeds are a great fit for a while whatever!