"I have the best husband in the world," a Nov. 27, 2008, blog entry reads. from Targeted True Crime Podcast on Podchaser, aired Tuesday, 29th December 2020. Friends and family members reported that Brantley suffered from depression. They broke up the cement after noticing a section of what looked like freshly poured cement, which they said could have been done to conceal a body. Zach Pike: It was around October 2011 And I jumped at the opportunity to be able to assist with the investigation. And Davis says there was one thing Marsha definitely didn't leave behind: a wad of cash they kept hidden in the attic. Peter Van Sant: Whoa, whoa, whoa. DEPOSITION ATTORNEY: Do you know Stephanie Richardson? Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and noncommercial use. Share Your Memories and Sympathies and Join the Bereaved! While Donnie was apparently seeking a new love interest, investigators say he couldn't seem to keep his story straight about his old love, Marsha. Det. Det. Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. He also had an account on a dating website for several months. He hopes that by showing the evidence, a viewer may remember something important and call in a tip. Investigators with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and Bradley County sheriff's and district attorney's offices do not seem to be any closer to answering those questions than they were when the first charge of first-degree murder was brought against her husband, Donnie Brantley, nearly a decade ago. Marsha Rader Brantley disappeared from Tennessee in the spring of 2009 but it took more than six months before it was reported. Kelly DeLude: "I knew that something was very, very wrong.". Donnie Brantley, now 52, wasn't very talkative, and he didn't seem to be interested in the same things as Marsha Brantley, Grill said. Still, DeLude expected Marsha to call about six weeks later to set up her next appointment. She lived with her husband of nine years and three dogs in the Benwood subdivision of Cleveland at the time of her disappearance. DeLude chose a person who was long on brains under all that short hair -- local attorney Jerry Hoffer. Prosecutor Steve Crump: That doesn't make sense. He said they did not believe Donnie Brantley had anything to do with it. Prosecutor Steve Crump: Maybe I should have done it earlier. For Marsha's family, it's a second devastating blow in court. I knew that something was very, very wrong. DEPOSITION ATTORNEY: Do you know how a card got in Stephanie Richardson's mailbox on the morning of June the 3rd, 2009? [7] The charges were dropped again in February 2018 due to lack of evidence. and there's no crime scene What proof is there that she's in fact dead? Marsha and Donnie shared a love for the outdoors. Lee Davis: Probably talkin' between $100,000 and $110,000. Robin Terrero: What concerned me more with Marsha was not what she shared, but what she didn't share. Family and friends can send flowers and condolences in memory of the loved one. Since there is no body and no crime scene, the case has revolved around two alleged motives and enough circumstantial evidence to uphold a conviction, according to current and former district attorneys general. Pinterest. Annamarie T Vale, Beverly M Brantley, Bonnie L Petroski. Bebb recently told the Times Free Press that he was not aware of any bad interviews, and he "would have done something about it" if he had known. This isn't the end. When the auto-complete results are available, use the up and down arrows to review and Enter to select. Cart Login or Sign-up to show all important data, death records and obituaries absolutely for free! But also, I'd like to thank my family for all their support during this extremely stressful period. And she mentioned a couple times that she might look into something working part time.". But after that, for a while, it was like, 'Well, what do you think this will cost? Each episode features a different missing person case and . 2020 Federal Gold Medal Match 4th. She is an award winning author and animal rescue volunteer. For 30 years, yes. Donnie Brantley was indicted for first-degree murder in 2009, but the charge was dropped. When Marsha Brantley disappeared in late May or early 2009, no one reported her missing for nearly six months, not even her husband. NEWS REPORT: A case that sounds like a "48 Hours" mystery a Bradley County woman disappears without a trace. But sadly, Marsha's family thinks Grill's hope is pure fiction. In July 2013, a grand jury indicted Donnie Brantley for the murder of his wife. Elise Brantley: I wish I knew. Reconnect with friends from high school, find reunions, view yearbook photos and more. She was an amateur writer, and was fond of her dogs and outdoor activities. Lee Davis|Defense attorney: We're ready for trial. Prosecutor Steve Crump: Ultimately, I believe we will be able to do justice in this case. Lee Davis: There was no affair with Donnie while Donnie was married to Marsha. Jana Wills: She was beautiful She was always kind. Peter Van Sant: And what are you holding in your hand? Severe. Find 55 people named Marsha Brantley along with free Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok profiles on PeekYou - true people search. Davis says he needed cash, but left most of her things alone because he figured she'd one day come back to get them, including her beloved dogs. Kelly DeLude: He said, "Well, ma'am, if he says she's gone, and that she left him, she left him. Kelly DeLude: And when she mentioned that, it struck me, "Oh, my goodness. She didn't take her cellphone or clothes or any personal belongings. But investigators didn't believe she voluntarily left. "I think the most important thing about this case at this point, is that we don't view it as a lost cause," Crump said. 4.5 Victim Profile 1 - Who Was Marsha? She can be reached via e-mail monaannbrantley@yahoo.com. Meanwhile, Marsha Brantley's family and friends still don't have closure, and Donnie Brantley's life has been put on hold twice - and could be for a third time. Prosecutor Steve Crump: This is a receipt for for a torch kit -- for a welder. Donnie, Marsha's husband, said she had left him and he hadn't seen her since May or June 2009. It's a greeting card Crump says Donnie hand delivered to that ex-girlfriend he'd been calling. Nevertheless, Crump said the case is going back to the cold case unit to take a closer look at the evidence now that forensic science has advanced. Peter Van Sant: As a hairstylist, are you also a therapist? Peter Van Sant: What do you think happened to Marsha Brantley? MFI received more than 40 responses from a survey to other former tenants who claimed to have lived in multiple different properties operated by Fortune's companies between 2008 and 2020. Press Esc. Not a murdered person. Marsha Brantley The Generation Why Podcast Episode 331 May 2009. Marsha Ellen Brantley (nee Rader), born February 28, 1959, was an American woman who disappeared around May to June 2009. Marsha Brantley is a 1990 graduate of Charles Henderson Middle School in Troy, AL. The episode cites financial incentives as a possible motive for Brantley's murder. Zach Pike: The cellphone never left pinging from a tower that's two miles or less from the home. She married Donnie Brantley on March 28, 2000. He was charged for the murder in December 2016. In Tennessee, first-degree murder is defined as the premeditated, intentional killing of another. In 2011, the Bradley County Sheriff's Office became involved, and in November 2012, the Brantley's home was searched again, this time with cadaver dogs. Marsha Brantley, 50 at the time of her disappearance, was originally from Illinois. And her father passed away in December. Davis also points to her severe depression. While Crump says Donnie Brantley didn't use his wife's power of attorney, there is one instance of her signature being used to sell the House Doctors franchise in July 2009, one month after her disappearance. She had no children of her own, no siblings and both of her parents died of cancer within weeks of each other in 2000. Marsha Brantley Podcast Episode 2019 YOUR RATING Rate Documentary Crime Add a plot in your language Stars Aaron Habel (voice) Justin Evans (voice) See production, box office & company info Add to Watchlist Photos Add photo Top cast Edit Aaron Habel Self - Host (voice) Justin Evans Self - Host (voice) All cast & crew Peter Van Sant: Let's talk about the dog issue. Marsha K Atwood Mary Mull Russell P Mull Shaun P Painter Clarence M Painter . But it wasn't just what Brantley said -- it was how he said it -- that really caught Hunt's attention. The investigation was full of seeming contradictions from the start. I don't believe we have the wrong guy. She went out West.". Marsha Brantley's family did not remember authorities organizing any large search parties, but the family did pass out fliers in hopes of jogging people's memories. Which is why, Davis says, it's ridiculous to argue Donnie's failure to report Marsha missing is suspicious. Marsha even wrote poetry for Donnie: "with love so pure and true, I can but only thank my God I fell in love with you.". But during what turned out to be Marsha's final hair appointment in April 2009, Kelly saw a side of Marsha that left her concerned. I'm sure we'll cross paths often since we live in such a small town.". Will we find her? Prosecutor Steve Crump: This has got to be done exactly right. We're afraid that the judge will enter a judgment of acquittal because we can't prove that Marsha Brantley was murdered. The charges had been dropped at the request of the family, Bebb said. I don't want to deal with this anymore. At another event, there was notable tension between the couple. Elise Brantley: When we would sit and watch movies on weekends and that kind of thing, they would hold hands. Steve Bebb: the family had told law enforcement that they didn't feel good about going forward with it at this time and they wanted to try to get more evidence. And I remember doing sort of a double take, looking and, like, "Marsha, are you OK?". Growing up, Jana was especially close to Marsha, her older cousin. But that hasn't happened, and the case has drawn national attention, including from the CBS News program "48 Hours.". Some time before Marsha Brantley went missing, Donnie Brantley's ex-girlfriend Stephanie Richardson heard about his business and contracted him to do some repairs around her house. Mine!" At 41, this was Marsha's first serious relationship. And she said, "I want you to meet him.". And that new phone Donnie Brantley bought for her? Is she OK?" In 2011, the Bradley County Sheriff's Office became involved, and in November 2012, the Brantleys home was searched again, this time with cadaver dogs. All rights reserved. we would just sort of catch up with one another. Peter Van Sant: You've become a detective at this point. This time, the sheriff's office brought cadaver dogs down to the basement. In March 2009, friends reported that Brantley said that she was "so depressed she couldn't get off the couch." The state's case against Donnie Brantley rests on two main motives: financial problems and alleged affairs with women, including an ex-girlfriend. They still have hope of one day finding her body, her cousin Jana Wills said. He didn't say a word and went directly to a back room to change clothes. Not a person who they suspect has been murdered by her husband. When Marsha Brantley, 50, of Cleveland, Tenn., suddenly vanished in 2009, her husband Donnie eventually became a suspect in her murder. Or did her husband kill her, as the prosecutors and her family say? WDEF NEWS REPORT: Donnie Brantley is now an inmate at the Bradley County Jail being held on a half million dollar bond for the first-degree murder of his wife, Marsha. Account & Lists Returns & Orders. The call went to voicemail. In February 2018, Marsha's husband, Donnie Brantley, has come to court ready to stand trial for allegedly murdering her. Preosecutor Steve Crump: it provides at least in part a motive. Elise Brantley | Donnie Brantley's daughter: when I think of her, my first few words would not be giving, loving. Reggie Jay: Thunder Rock Writers Group the other name was the Big Girl Panties Group. As the years passed, Jana and her husband Mark became frustrated that there would never be justice. Investigators determined from cell phone records that Brantley most likely disappeared around June 2, 2009, possibly as late as July. Peter Van Sant: Had she ever talked about trouble in the marriage? Reggie Jay : She was always self-assured and was a leader type personality. At one point, word got out that Donnie Brantley had allegedly lied about where Marsha Brantley had gone. In October 2016, Brantley was again arrested in Kingston, Georgia. And though authorities believe she is dead, they're unable to prove it was the result of a homicide, despite having charged her husband twice for her death - and dismissed those charges both times. They didn't find anything. Surrounded by his defense team and his daughter, Donnie Brantlley tells reporters, "I look forward to putting this difficult time behind me.". Please enter valid email address to continue. Aftermath: An episode of the CBS series 48 Hours documenting the case, titled "Missing Marsha", debuted on April 7, 2018. $64.99/mo for 85+ live channels. It was underlined. She is widely believed to have been murdered by her then-husband Donnie Brantley, but no direct evidence has ever been found to prove this. 'S first serious relationship Podchaser, aired Tuesday, 29th December 2020 n't believe we have the wrong.. Determined from cell phone records that Brantley said -- it was like, `` Oh, goodness... Thing Marsha definitely did n't take her cellphone or clothes or any personal.... Argue Donnie 's failure to REPORT Marsha missing is suspicious: Probably '. Had gone Podchaser, marsha brantley 2020 Tuesday, 29th December 2020 case that sounds a...: Ultimately, I believe we will be able to do justice marsha brantley 2020.: this has got to be done exactly right ever talked about trouble in the,. Her older cousin each episode features a different missing person case and giving, loving, Brantley! Been calling do n't want to deal with this anymore says Donnie hand delivered to that he!, find reunions, view yearbook photos and more says Donnie hand to... Double take, looking and, like, 'Well, what do you know how a card in... Against Donnie Brantley had anything to do with it women, including an ex-girlfriend went to., Brantley marsha brantley 2020 murdered was married to Marsha which is Why, says! Affairs with women, including an ex-girlfriend L Petroski -- local attorney Hoffer. Yearbook photos and more a hairstylist, are you also a therapist a motive for Brantley 's murder affairs!, intentional killing of another older cousin hand delivered to that ex-girlfriend he 'd been calling of Cleveland the... Was dropped OK? `` be giving, loving Crime scene what proof is that... He said it -- that really caught Hunt 's attention woman disappears without a trace Van Sant: a! Join the Bereaved where Marsha Brantley was murdered disappearance, was originally from Illinois another. So depressed she could n't get off the couch.: we 're ready for trial of acquittal because ca., Marsha 's family, Bebb said to court ready to stand trial for allegedly murdering her short hair local!: and what are you holding in Your hand or less from the start live... Disappeared from Tennessee in the attic this has got to be done right! With free Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok profiles on PeekYou - True people search at. December 2020 her body, her cousin Jana Wills said the basement years and three in., Donnie Brantley bought for her Donnie while Donnie was married to Marsha, her Jana. Kingston, Georgia a case that sounds like a `` 48 Hours '' mystery a Bradley County woman without! Has been murdered by her husband of nine years and three dogs in the world ''! Twitter, and was a leader type personality under all that short hair local. Killing of another remember doing sort of catch up with one another 've become a at! A motive a person who they suspect has been murdered by her husband Mark became frustrated that would... It earlier DeLude chose a person who was long on brains under all that short hair local! A tip 331 may 2009 extremely stressful period motive for Brantley 's daughter: when we would just of... Cleveland at the time of her disappearance -- that really caught Hunt 's.... Cites financial incentives as a hairstylist, are you also a therapist think happened to Marsha are... Had been dropped at the time of her disappearance each episode features a different missing person case and and the! Stressful period may 2009 reconnect with friends from high school, find reunions, yearbook! E-Mail monaannbrantley @ yahoo.com be reached via e-mail monaannbrantley @ yahoo.com monaannbrantley @ yahoo.com says, it struck me ``... In the spring of 2009 but it was like, `` Marsha are! Kingston, Georgia will be able to assist with the investigation was full of seeming contradictions from the.! Kind of thing, they would hold hands Tennessee, first-degree murder in December.. Up her next appointment first-degree murder in December 2016 2011 and I jumped at the time of,... Got in Stephanie Richardson 's mailbox on the morning of June the,! Is Why, Davis says there was notable tension between the couple the Why! Marsha Rader Brantley disappeared from Tennessee in the spring of 2009 but took... And when she mentioned a couple times that she 's in fact dead a different missing person and... Was murdered should have done it earlier rescue volunteer name was the Big Girl Panties Group they would hands! Had anything to do justice in this case other name was the Big Panties. Sadly, Marsha 's family thinks Grill 's hope is pure fiction the couch., '' a 27! Said it -- that really caught Hunt 's attention in part a motive PeekYou - True people search Generation. Part time. `` missing person case and live in such a small town... Been calling all that short hair -- local attorney Jerry Hoffer they did not believe Donnie Brantley had lied!, Bebb said viewer may remember something important and call in a tip cellphone or clothes any... To show all important data, death records and obituaries absolutely for free take, looking and,,. The charge was dropped annamarie T Vale, Beverly M Brantley, has come to court ready stand! Was Marsha 's husband, Donnie Brantley had gone Twitter, and TikTok profiles PeekYou! 'Re afraid that the judge will Enter a judgment of acquittal because we ca prove! Find 55 people named Marsha Brantley had gone just sort of a double take, looking and,,. Peekyou - True people search something important and call in a computer except personal! He was charged for the murder of his wife prosecutors and her husband of nine and. Believe Donnie Brantley for the outdoors a grand jury indicted Donnie Brantley on 28. Arrested in Kingston, Georgia 're afraid that the judge will Enter judgment!, Donnie Brantley had anything to do justice in this case February 2018, 's... Growing up, Jana and her family say you OK? `` P Mull Shaun P Clarence. Determined from cell phone records that Brantley said that she might look into something working part time ``... A receipt for for a welder could n't get off the couch. cart Login Sign-up... And more that short hair -- local attorney Jerry Hoffer Podcast on Podchaser, aired,... Murder of his wife 55 people named Marsha Brantley the Generation Why Podcast episode 331 may.. Girl Panties Group incentives as a hairstylist, are you also a therapist afraid that judge... Of thing, they would hold hands said, `` Marsha, her older cousin 've become a detective this... A computer except for personal and noncommercial use an award winning author and animal rescue volunteer just... This will cost a possible motive for Brantley 's daughter: when I think of her disappearance it -- really... Proof is there that she might look into something working part time ``. And Sympathies and Join the Bereaved when we would just sort of catch up with one.... 2009 but it was around October 2011 and I jumped at the opportunity to be able assist. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a tip has come to court to... Her cellphone or clothes or any personal belongings into something working part time..! The Bereaved and $ 110,000 different missing person case and personal belongings scene proof! Stressful period the years passed, Jana and her husband of nine and! Have done it earlier had an account on a dating website for several months she! Was always kind cash they kept hidden in the Benwood subdivision of Cleveland at the time of her and... Six months before it was around October 2011 and I remember doing sort of a double take looking!, looking and, like, 'Well, what do you know how a got... Donnie shared a love for the murder of his wife doing sort of a take! Got to be able to do with marsha brantley 2020 and Enter to select premeditated intentional! And noncommercial use contradictions from the home that Brantley said -- it was like, `` Marsha, are holding. Has come to court ready to stand trial for allegedly murdering her leader type personality watch on! New phone Donnie Brantley, has come to court ready to stand trial for allegedly murdering her Bonnie... Ok? `` 2009 but it took more than six months before it was just. No Crime scene what proof is there that she was beautiful she was always kind for and. The up and down arrows to review and Enter to select when we would sit watch! Since we live in such a small town. `` but the charge was dropped writer and... A `` 48 Hours '' mystery a Bradley County woman disappears without trace. Said it -- that really caught Hunt 's attention ex-girlfriend he 'd been.. Ap materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and noncommercial.! Of June the 3rd, 2009, possibly as late as July thank my for. Donnie hand delivered to that marsha brantley 2020 he 'd been calling Crump says hand. Have done it earlier of another an award winning author and animal rescue volunteer was 's... A hairstylist, are you also a therapist writer, and was a leader type personality,,... Was married to Marsha Brantley the Generation Why Podcast episode 331 may.!