There are no quick methods when it comes to fixing a broken camera. I installed the firmware upgrade for the detection zone. Use a soft cloth with the right amount of liquid (99% Isopropyl Alcohol and distilled water) one or two drops are enough, Putting more liquid on the cleaning cloth than necessary can damage your cameras optics, as the excess liquid can leak inside. 11 Ways To Fix Wyze Camera Motion Detection Issue. Perhaps Ill reach out to them as well, the more people that complain the higher the chance theyll address it :). 2. 121. . Click on the SENSITIVITY LEVEL for the camera you would like to adjust. I will see how it works after a full day. So, all that you need to do is to get some compressed air and blow the debris away from the lens. This eliminates the need for long wires or extension cords . Roku. and all cameras has night vision as well as motion tagging & detection. Humanoid Detection minimize false alarms from shadows,or leaves blowing.You can . Now lets move on to the solution and the things you can do to get your camera working again and detect motion without any problem. 2 Open the Wyze App and click the top right gear. Motion Detection Zones and custom settings allow you to adjust the sensitivity of detection or turn it off completely. Sometimes that's too much and you don't want to be bothered for false alerts and neither fill the camera SD card with useless footage. You should ensure you have the essential and correct parts selected. Place Wyze Leak Sensor anywhere leaks are likely to occur. See it all with an integrated spotlight. Just leave the "wyze ai events" option on. Tap Settings > Schedule & Automations, then tap the + button in the top-right corner of the screen, followed by Schedule > Mute Notifications. I am seeing many false alerts when detecting true motion. Buy Wyze Cam Floodlight with 2600 Lumen LEDs, Wired 1080p HD IP65 Outdoor Smart Security Camera, Color Night Vision, 270-Degree Customizable Motion Detection, 105dB Siren, and Two-Way Audio with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. With a 500-foot range and a slim design, easily position it underneath sinks, dishwashers, crawlspaces. Update . Seven: Fix Lighting conditions. iaincmaciver November 25, 2018, 8:10pm #1. . I am so glad we have person detection in order to escape some audible alerts. On your DVR, navigate to MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > CAMERA > MOTION SENSOR. Can User increase motion detection sensitivity. One Of My Arlo Cameras Is Not Recording (9 Fixes), 9 Solutions For Owlet Smart Sock 3 Not Connecting To App, 10 Best Google Home Compatible Devices List Review 2022, Is It Possible To Play SoundCloud On Google Home? How To Connect Phillips Hue Bridge Without Router? Well, fellow Wyze users, the day is rapidly approaching when our Wyze security cameras will lose people detection, a key feature that keeps the Wyze cam from waking you at 3 a.m. to warn you of rogue specks of dust floating in front of the lens (yes, this has happened to me). However, if youre in a situation with a faulty detection zone, then changing the zone is the only option youve got. Just by whether it thinks you are a person, lol. Wyze 3 new updates make the app unbearable. Click "Detection Settings". 24/7 Continuous Recording: Continuous video recording with a 32GB MicroSD card (sold separately). The V3 has no PIR sensor. If your camera is installed in a place where there's no much movement or it's not enough to reach the sensitivity threshold, the camera won't trigger the motion detection. By the same token, you can cut down on the number of sound and motion events your Wyze cam records by setting a schedule for event recording. Either way, it helps if you have it under the eaves or under a snow cover to avoid flakes right up close to the lens, and don't turn on the IR illumination because it bounces back brightly to the camera from snowflakes or raindrops. Cameras. The detection zone is the area the camera is monitoring for movements. Does anyone have trouble shooting tips? Whatever I set sensitivity to, it makes no difference for me. Arlo Wont Scan QR Code (Heres How To Fix It). You need to make sure the motion detection configuration is correct on your Wyze camera, which includes the sensitivity and the detection zone. The last thing you can check is a hardware failure. Dont turn it of if 1 is the minimum. Can Wyze Sense v2 products connect with legacy Wyze Sense v1s Wyze Sense Bridge? Click on detection settings. On the other hand, if you find that the feed on the unit is perfect and there is nothing blurry on the camera, then you have to look at the configuration next. Delayed motion detection notifications for Outdoor cams. You can test it by just moving in yourself in front of the camera at different distances. Issue is motion not always detected/recorded. you could also look into the Wyze sense motion sensor. Even the slightest change in light (general ambience, car drives by at night, nearby lamp turns on during vacation mode so camera changes from night vision to normal, etc) triggers the camera. Eight: Change your Wyze camera placement. Just dont forget to turn them back on. If they care enough lol. Full-length cloud recordings + advanced AI with, Get full-length cloud recordings, advanced AI, & more with. Four: Modify the motion detection zone. So, lets cover some possible fixes to the Wyze camera not detecting motion. $79.98 $ 79. I would assume the same to be true for the IOS app. Threshold (1-99): How big a motion must be to trigger detection. Please note that walls and interference in your home may cause the range to vary. I dont subscribe to any of them. Requires Wyze Sense v2 or Wyze Home Monitoring. Click on "Detection Zone". First, open your Kuna App and head to the Devices tab. Now it works great. Its not an exact science for sure, but moving the sensitivity slider will reduce false alerts. From the cam's settings menu, for Notifications, toggle Notifications ON and toggle Wyze AI Events ON. I would love to have motion detection working on the cameras so that I can run actions when they detect motion. if you set it to low, small objects, animals and people that are too far away from the camera won't be detected. Wyze Cam v1/v2, Wyze Cam Pan Scenario: Camera is not . Something is needed . Check the camera warranty and replace it with a new one. I thought on original setup motion detector had alert only once every hour and I wrongly chose 1 minute. I love Wyze but stuff like this makes me skeptical of relying on their AI to tell me if someone has broken into my home. Motion Detection Configuration Not Correct Ensure your Wyze camera's motion detection configuration is correct, including sensitivity and zone to detect motions. Top-down movement, and movements towards the camera in a straight line are less likely to trigger the sensor. Power cycling the camera is another decent method of fixing this issue. Wyze Sense Entry Sensor v2 and Wyze Sense Motion Sensor v2 each have up to 18-month battery life. We steer you to products you'll love and show you how to get the most out of them. Copyright 2023, Smart Home Generation. So you can also add a PIR motion sensor to trigger the camera. The Wyze camera might not be the top option when it comes to innovative features, but the decent pricing on this brand has attracted many owners. 2 Probes $8.99. One: Turn On the motion detection feature. Unfortunately the motion detection is super sensitive and not really working. So, be sure to check up on the smart configurations when you cant seem to get a response from the motion detection features. The motion detection features offered by Wyze are mostly consistent, and you will not have to worry about much as long as you install the camera correctly. I have a v1 camera. If youre getting too many false alarms, consider lowering the sensitivity for motion detection, sound detection, or both. If it flags you as motion, it is detecting. 24/7 Continuous Recording: Continuous video recording with a 32GB MicroSD card (sold separately). I would assume the same to be true for the IOS app. There is no such thing as motion detector time sensitivity at least on the Wyze Android app. Tap on your camera, then the Settings gear on the top right. If you still have problems, visit theWyze Cam websiteand ask for help. That's different from the Wyze in-camera motion detection. I can understand that changes in light cause pixels to change. Toggle on the Detection zone setting, then drag the box around the area where youd like your Wyze cam to detection motion. 1 Pack $8.99 Add to Cart OR Fast, FREE Delivery & Returns 30-day hassle-free returns. Toggle Detection Zone On. Now there's a lag time of about 30 seconds and sometimes longer. Cookie Notice As far as push notifications it can be turn on/off globally for all cams and individually for each cam from within the Wyze app but you can not set a time period in between notifications. A PCWorld contributor since 2014, Ben joined TechHive in 2019, where he covers smart speakers, soundbars, and other smart and home-theater devices. Got the new AI Al Gore Rythm today. Sensitivity i want to be able to bracket an LED or display that turns on when a condition occurs example: like watching a digital thermometer hit a limit. Motion & Sound detection: Wyze Cam records video when motion or sound is detected and sends an alert straight to your phone. The Wyze Lamp Socket provides flexible power options for the Wyze Cam v3 by allowing users to power the camera through a light fixture. Pet detection. Features: 1080P & 360 CO Coverage 1080P high definition baby monitor comes with 105 wide angle advanced glass lens combined with 350. No, this functionality is not available at this time. When I adjust sensitivity to be less sensitive, I dont see a reduction in false alerts. Copyright 2023 IDG Communications, Inc. See adorable crimes committed in action. Wyze Outdoor Power Adapter (sold separately) required for outdoor use. DIYSmartHomeHub.com is a participant of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program it is designed to provide an aid for the websites in earning an advertisement fee by means of advertising and linking to Amazon.com products. Perhaps the entire are is a better option. All cameras contain SD cards for recording motion tagging, picture taking, speakers, and sound capabilities. Does anyone else experience this? The Wyze camera setup process begins with downloading the Wyze app. It's very important to set up your system to work this way so it can send alerts and record only when it's necessary.