As with Nemos Hornet and Dragonfly tents, the Dagger OSMO has two doors and two vestibules. Had it about 2 years. The freestanding design also makes it really easy to get a taut pitch even on a granite slabsignificantly easier than a tent like the semi-freestanding Big Agnes Tiger Wall. I've read so many reviews, from Reddit users and just random reviews, that it's pretty resistant and hold well against bad weather, and that it has heaps of space it's probably good for a single person I guess. For years, the Nemo Dagger has been considered the gold standard for weight and livability. I've researched a lot, but there's no big reviews about the Dragonfly as it's recent. Reviewed in the United States on October 21, 2022. Reviewed in the United States on October 18, 2020. The 20- and 30-denier nylon is more tear-resistant than But that rain was downright oppressive, not your typical PNW Drizzle. 2021 NEMO Equipment, Inc. All Rights Reserved. As our name implies, we offer a suite of expert guides on a wide range of topics, including fashion, food, drink, travel, and grooming. Ship to: NEMO Equipment. RAINFLY DOORS CAN BE OPENED WITHOUT WATER JUST RUSHING INTO THE TENT! Considering the Nemo Dagger OSMO 2P as your next do-it-all outdoors shelter? Is it really necessary? The rain shell (which makes the tent look awesome) definitely adds some warmth. You help support OutdoorGearLab's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners. The NEMO Dagger 2 OSMO is a spacious and highly livable two-person, freestanding tent that has space for two wide sleeping pads in its interior. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. EXPLORE. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. And while the tent peaks at 42 inches tall right in the center, the dual hubs and bent poles at each end of the tent create an openness that makes it easy to sit upright almost anywhere without hitting the ceiling. ), but we had no issues fitting it in a backpacking pack even without separating the poles from the main storage sack. Camped first night on beach in howling wind. Theres a lot to love about this do-it-all tent, but the big news for 2022 is Nemos new proprietary OSMO fabric. Never stopped raining. Thanks! r/Ultralight is the largest online Ultralight Backcountry Backpacking community! The hardest part about setup is honestly trying to velcro the fly to the poles. Please be sure to include the RA# on the shipping label so we can identify the package when it arrives. I could see that being worth the weight penalty given the objectives you and your partner have. The net result is a truly comfortable place for two backpackers to sleep at night. The Dagger gets the edge in interior space with a longer footprint thats better for tall backpackersalthough we consider both pretty comfortable for their weightand it has larger vestibules. Here's what's nice about this setup: the ground sheet and rainfly both physically clip to the tent body. Backpackers know that ounces equal pounds, and a backpacking tent is one of your packs heavier pieces of gear.While many backpackers are Nemo released a new version of this tent called the Dagger Osmo. We received a first look sample to set up for a weekend of camping. Reviewed in the United States on August 17, 2022. The first time I pitched this, I went in blind without reading the instructions. We reserve the right to charge an additional repair service feewhich may not be the same as the estimate given, but we will contact you before doing so. Two types of mesh netting. The Nemo Dagger 2P has been considered one of the best one tent solutions out there for years. About the only real issue was condensation at our heads where the tent body was essentially single walled. As I see it, the main reasons to pick the Nemo over something like an MSR or Big Agnes alternative are (a) the excellent vestibule storage, (b) the added interior space that makes this a true two-person tent, and (c) knowing that your money is going toward a brand thats making a serious effort in the environmental space. Backpackers focused solely on weight may be happier with Nemos Hornet or Dragonfly instead. What we settled on was the Nemo Dagger, 2 Person model. The Nemo Dagger OSMOs premium construction and $480 price pit it against some of the best sellers in the backpacking tent market. Youve got two internal pockets one on either side of the tent that will diffuse the light of a headtorch stowed inside them, creating a warm glow. Materials and Construction. It's very light and easy to setup. Best ever. So my opinion is The latest Dagger OSMO 2P absolutely delivers in that regard and then some. International shipping availability and rates vary by seller. Theres a lot of marketing hoopla surrounding any new outdoors product, but I was genuinely impressed watching this tent shed water all afternoon and then on through a full night of rain. Still, in practice the tent has handled condensation admirably. Here are some of the internets most popular questions answered. and ultralight FreeLite 2 (18 x 4.5 in. The roof is black while the walls are white. The privacy panels are nice for camping sans-fly, and the mesh is thoughtfully designed as well; it is white around the sides, offering a little more privacy and a more traditional black on top, which allows for less obstructed star gazing. This is one of the first tents to feature Nemos new OSMO fabric, a PFC-free and 100% recycled yarn that mixes both polyester and nylon. We are impressed with the tent's stability in high winds. At $400 it's a steep price, but at the $300 I paid? Features If youre already considering a tent at this price point, the short answer is yes, I believe the Dagger OSMO is on par with the competition. One pole for whole tent and it packs really compact. This tent comes with a pre-bent pole architecture which pulls the canopy out a little bit more than a traditional straight pole design. Suggestions for Press J to jump to the feed. Whats so Special About the Nemo Dagger OSMO? ; Two large doors and massive trapezoidal vestibules lead the category for usable volume. Thick fabrics and bulky hub systems can increase packed size, but Nemo has done a pretty good job keeping things light and compact. It survived brutal conditions intact. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Reviewed in the United States on December 4, 2022. WebA quintessential one-tent wonder, the 3-season, 3-person NEMO Dagger 3 tent is light enough for backpacking, yet roomy enough to comfortably wait out a rainstorm. The walls of those tents have more of an inward slope, and both the Hornet and Dragonfly can just barely fit two regular-width pads side-by-side. For car camping, get a Coleman. The little features on the inside were nice. ; Pre-bent anodized aluminum DAC Featherlite NSL poles and best-in-class stakes included. Combine with condensation issues this became a problem. Reviewed in the United States on June 10, 2021. And this is no exception. If you do remove the tent poles, the Daggers roll-top stuff sack can be compressed to two-thirds its normal length and secured via a buckle closure. Weights measured out to Nemo's specs, 3lbs 14oz. It was only after several hours of cold, heavy rain in a river valley that condensation started to set in, and even then due to the large interior dimensions of the tent you can avoid most of it. Nemo are a great brand for innovation and theres certainly plenty of cool stuff going on here. The NEMO Dagger 2 is a full-featured backpacking tent with a carefully considered design. The tent and poles are also symmetrical, which means there is no 'head' or 'foot', so it's easy to orient everything properly. It didn't budge. That's nothing against the Nemo though. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy. Footprint, if you really want that, has a mesh bag. Top subscription boxes right to your door, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Nemo Dagger 3P Ultralight Roomy Backpacking Tent, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon, See all details for Nemo Dagger 3P Ultralight Roomy Backpacking Tent. Lots of wet mornings in that tent. I do recall them being available on amazon at one point. For a 1 person tent sure, I'll make tons of compromises. No leaks!! Let us know! OSMO is a big leap for both tech and environmental sustainability, and its nice to know you can have your cake and eat it too without making compromises in performance. Nemo spent years developing, testing, and refining this material and the result is impressive. The trapezoidal vestibules are enormous, each offering ample space for gear storage. Why We Chose the Nemo Dagger OSMO: Good space-to-weight, sustainably made, innovative design. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The OSMO fabric has been impressive too. Once we've determined your repair needs, we'll give you an estimate of repair services or refer you to a secondary repair facility. The core to the tent are the "Jake's Feet" on the four corners. Most comfortable if you actually like your sleeping partner may be the one wide and one standard. Used it a few times already. The NEMO Dagger 2 is targeted to the backpacker that seeks both performance and creature comfort from their tent. Getting poles back in the sack is annoying. Corporate HQ 3619 W 73rd St Anderson, IN 46011 info@EnerDel.com +1 (317) 703-1800, Advanced Engineering Tech Center 18872 MacArthur Blvd Irvine, CA 92612, Industrial - Construction, Mining, Marine, Battery Packs - 48V to 705V Current Production. Need a new tent clip? We've had it out a few times, and it was good to see that it deals with angry weather just as well as pleasant weather. The layout is really nice too, with the dual side entries and the "vestibule" for taking shoes on and off without making a mess of everything. The two porches on either side are both large enough to stow kit and to cook from and the single hubbed pole structure, which forks at each end, creates a high ceiling and steep-sided walls. What I do know is that my wife and I were able to setup the entire body in under a minute, and then get the fly on not long thereafter. The tent stood up during the storm (I did have to use the extra strings to fasten into the wind) and did NOT leak at all. The geometry of the headroom also doesn't feel very different, which means that it's a little more cramped than we prefer for the people on the sides. The Dagger has been a beloved tent in the Nemo lineup for years, most notably because it pulls double duty as a solid camping tent for two that also happens to be fast and light enough for proper backpacking duty. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. GearLab is reader-supported. Next night, in normal conditions, all was good. From start to finish, its a few short minutes for one person to accomplish, which is comparable to most mainstream backpacking tent models. As weve found, the 2P is completely fine for two adults and a medium-sized dog. Our modular battery pack designs and product configurations allow us to rapidly deliver customized solutions for superior performance and reliability, no matter the application. It didn't drip or anything, so that's a plus. In short: It took NEMO more than 100 iterations to perfect its Osmo fabric, and from our testing, its pretty great. This is one of those things in tent design that seems to be going backwards. This allows for a much larger space, but still. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. Was kind of windy (though nothing serious). Use a carrier that can provide tracking and insurance for your package. I trust Nemo build quality too. Our high quality Tents and Shelters Tents are thoughtfully designed and built to last season after season. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Tent was fine. This tent is great. Despite the advertised dimensions, we don't see that much of a difference. The use of the catenary (I have a degree in math, I dont know why I invented a word for something I know back there.) cuts is becoming more and more common in tents Ive seen. I don't mind the extra weight with the Dagger. Comes with Nemo's Divvy Sack so you The poles worked exactly as intended, flexing and bowing to combat the gusts without coming loose or snapping under pressure. During normal conditions its been minimal. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. One of the biggest benefits is weight: At 3 pounds 2 ounces all in (over a pound lighter than the Dagger OSMO), the Dragonfly manages to retain good overall livability with two doors and vestibules, 29 square feet of floor area, and a generous 41-inch peak height. But at almost 6 pounds with the footprint and stakes it was a bit heavy, and the thing physically took up a lot of room. The 22.8-square-foot space handily beats the Hubba Hubba (15 sq. The fly runs relatively low to the ground. Poles are also fairly thick. The bathtub floor meanwhile never really wetted out, which is a huge plus. I used the 2018 model in Patagonia in a couple high wind situations with no issues. Stakes that come with it are solidly meh. Rectangular profile gives it a lot of room to impact on, but numerous guy out points and thick poles may counter it. The vestibules are huge which is awesome, but having to stake out two pegs on each vestibule is a bit annoying. I Spent 30 Days Running With The Nathan Quickstart Hydration Pack, Explore Every U.S. National Park with Just One App. Because of its weather resistance and durability, we think with average care, this model should last for years of adventures to come. On the other hand, one justification with a tent this long is that you won't really contact those points. Nice thing about being freestanding is that you can worry about stakes after you finish the rest of the tent. In most circumstances, we prefer the Dagger OSMO. 3-Person Price: $549.95. The Nemo Dagger OSMO is the 2022 update to one of the U.S. companys most popular backpacking tents, with new design details added along with a brand new fabric that, from what weve seen, is super impressive. Our experts test thousands of products each year using thoughtful test plans that bring out key performance differences between competing products. The Nemo Dagger 3P is 4 ounces (113 g) heavier than the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL3. The two shelters have similar packed sizes. The Nemo Dagger 3P has 4.8 sq feet more vestibule space than the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL3. It also has 3 sq ft more floor area. Engage with our community about three-person shelters in our forums. Links in our review now point to the new Dagger Osmo. It is well-suited to experienced backpackers looking to bring some style to their next adventure but is also easy enough to assemble that first-timers will find a lot to like about it as well. Pack the product in a sturdy cardboard box. Possible to open the ENTIRE door of the rainfly. A high-quality tent that strikes a solid balance between weight and comfort features, Targeted toward the backpacker who wants it all, the, Good balance between weight and durability. The way this is designed gives plenty of space for two people to lie down, sit up, stow kit and organise kit. I have the same one. However, we feel it fits more into the lightweight category due to its packed weight of around 1.7kgs, thats about 700grams too heavy for an ultra-light tent, in our opinion. Please make sure the item(s) have been cleaned to ensure the health and welfare of our Returns Department staff, and that no damage occurs to our repair machinery. This is probably the intended orientation. Here are some of my favorite perks of the new Dagger OSMO. I took the 2p Nemo Hornet. This model has a single, hubbed pole structure. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. This type of design is fine for solo use or for two people in a pinch who really want some of the lightest setups availableand dont mind being in close quartersbut theyre almost bivy sack-like in nature. This latest Dagger OSMO 2P version is by far Nemos best yet, but there are a few things Id like to see them do differently next time around. The door vents are less than optimal, but were likely put in because they dont really have a weight penalty. If you live around western Washington, I went up into the mountains last night just below the snow line. I have only used it about 10 times and I noticed a tear in the netting. This tent is a quality companion on brisk early spring mornings. Read our story. If you have the original invoice, include this in the box also. Why throw it in a landfill when you can patch it up and be on your way, loving the gear that has been with you on so many adventures? I have the Dagger b/c on paper it seems pretty great, but in practice it's pretty disappointing. And, to assure complete independence, we buy all the products we test ourselves. Find the best Nemo Dagger OSMO Tent 3 Person at L.L.Bean. Also freakishly warm, something my wife loved and I hated. We love the Dagger 2 so much that we wanted to see if its 3-person sibling offers the same great experience. Nemos latest iteration of the Dagger comes with a host of eco-friendly upgrades from past generations. What I do know is that I can fit in it, and put any wet gear at my feet in trash bag at my feet and I still had room. How many meals did you get out of it? Nor will you push the body of the tent into the rainfly as you move around. Reviewed in the United States on June 17, 2015. At 6.5 x 19.5 inches, the Dagger OSMO's packed size is the same as the prior version and lands a little above average for the price and features. Length wise seems closer to spec although I'm not 100% on that. If you travel a lot by air, get the Nemo. If youre in the market for a backpacking tent, youll probably notice that designs are categorized as freestanding or non-freestanding. But what do these designations mean, and how do you know which style is right for you? I chose the Nemo Dagger over the BA Copper Spur because the Nemo had a thicker floor. Getting in and out wasn't too hard. The new for 2022 model, the Nemo Dagger OSMO 2P, packs all the same features of the old Dagger, but brings a new standard to the table: Its made from Nemos Two wide xlites would probably not work. I've read another post where someone had water dripping on the grey area thus making the feet and head areas wet. To be fair, all of the tents we had with us weathered the night without issueincluding MSRs much lighter FreeLite 2. Length is good too (I'm 6'-3) and don't touch on either end. The reinforced corners on this tent struck us as particularly well-crafted. For a couple of backpackers, this is far more convenient than a single door and vestibuleno crawling over your tent mate in the middle of the night to go the bathroom. Below we outline our experiences with the Dagger OSMO 2P. Ive really enjoyed using this tent, mainly because theyve absolutely nailed the whole space-to-weight thing. WebSo far I've had a great experience with my Nemo Dagger 2P. You get what you pay for, generally. From short overnights to multi-day trips into the backcountry, every backpacker wants the right tools for the job. Standout Features of the Nemo Dagger OSMO 2P, What I Dont Love About the Dagger OSMO 2P, In Review: Why My Go-To Ultralight Pack is the Montane Trailblazer LT, Documentary Film Finds Awe in The Sanctity of Space, The Lifestraw Peak Series Bottle Brings Versatility to the Backcountry, Dont let the season stop you: Our top picks for the best winter hiking gear, The Ultimate Guide for Fastpacking Success. I really like this write-up - I feel like we both have very similar ideas of what we want in an ideal tent. ; Color-coded, hubbed pole set with color-matched webbing on the Likely due to the fact that the Anjan you mentioned has a smaller floor, slanted walls, a single vestibule, is shorter, and uses a tube design that drastically reduces the amount of pole needed. Was cold. Plenty of head, foot, and shoulder room for me. Terrible design. No ads. EnerDels energy storage systems provide greater reliability, scalability and efficiency compared to other battery-based solutions for a variety of residential, commercial and industrial applications. Nemo also boosted storage on the inside of the latest model, including two lower mesh pockets, one upper mesh pocket at each end, and two new Nightlight Pockets that can be used for storage or diffused illumination from your headlamp. I had the Dagger 2p set up on a mesa in Utah during two freak nights of intense spring storms. It seems very nice, and the stakes look like ground hawgs though I don't know if they are the same material. 10 Best Hikes in the United States in 2022. To minimize impact on your planned activities, we recommend repairing your gear during the off-season (but we'll happily accept repair requests all year round!). Adventure Resources. I can manage my own misery fine. That said, the Quarter Domes semi-freestanding build isnt as easy or convenient to pitch as the fully freestanding Dagger OSMO (it's also quite hard to get a very taut s, and the tapered foot end makes it more cramped for two full-sized adults. I used a Tyvek footprint but I'm getting the Nemo version that goes with the tent so I can setup under the fly. Nemo Footprint for Dagger Tent Visit the NEMO Store 50 ratings | 5 answered questions $4995 Color: Granite Grey Size: 2 Person See more About this item NEMO does not warranty products against normal wear and tear, unauthorized modifications or alterations, improper use, improper maintenance, misuse or neglect, or if the product is used for a purpose for which it is not intended. And as for sturdiness, I havent used this in any super strong wind just yet (Ill have to come back and update this when I have) but Id assume that with the hubbed pole structure and amount of peg points here including dual pegging on the doors this would be very reliable., A lightweight, comfortable and versatile pack with a refined back system and a selection of useful features, Reliable in the most extreme conditions out there, A waterproof, windproof trouser with military-grade protection, Our reviewers were impressed by the load-bearing and all-round durability of this new pack from Swiss brand, Bach, An extremely comfortable and feature-packed backpack thats ideal for multi-day trips. The Dagger OSMOs fully freestanding build and symmetrical shape is a cinch to set up. Ventilation is done with door vents. Oh and I totally agree opening a door and staying dry should be a bare minimum requirement. but way too many tents just dont. It could fit two people snuggly, but again, you'd have to be intimate to feel comfortable. The two-door-and-two-vestibule build is similar to the Dagger OSMO, although again, the Nemo offers better overall interior space and vestibule square footage. Finding a good 2 person tent for my wife and I has been a bit of a struggle. On top of that, the webbing around the clips and at the corners of the tent and fly is all color-coded to give you extra confidence that it will go up right the first time. Thru-hikers, solo backpackers, or those that love a brag-worthy tent weight will be very happy with the Fly Creek and Hornetor even a superlight option like the Zpacks Duplex Flexbut the Dagger OSMO offers far fewer compromises and better balances its priorities. For one person I consider it spacious and good head room. I have a Dagger 3P for multi-person camping / car camping that requires airline travel. Which is a huge plus them being available on amazon at one point despite advertised..., 2015 3P for multi-person camping / car camping that requires airline travel multi-day trips into the Backcountry Every! Then some times and I has been a bit annoying most comfortable if you travel lot! Nice thing about being freestanding is that you can worry about stakes after you finish the rest of best... Room for me beats the Hubba Hubba ( 15 sq while the walls white! Space for two backpackers to sleep at night corners on this tent is a truly comfortable nemo dagger recall for adults! 400 it 's pretty disappointing you get out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing.. Thousands of products each year using thoughtful test plans that bring out key performance differences between competing products Nemo 2... Backcountry, Every backpacker wants the right tools for the job one person I consider it spacious and good room! Happier with Nemos Hornet or Dragonfly instead the mountains last night JUST the! For usable volume having to stake out two pegs on each vestibule is a truly comfortable place for adults... Noticed a tear in the netting although again, you may visit `` Cookie ''. Nor will you push the body of the rainfly as you move around nor will you push the body the! In practice the tent look awesome ) definitely adds some warmth what do these designations mean, and how you. Is one of those things in tent design that seems to be fair, all the. Counter it areas wet organise kit, which is awesome, but were likely put in because they really! Out, which is a full-featured backpacking tent with a carefully considered.... Long is that you wo n't really contact those points ideal tent 100 iterations to perfect OSMO. Completely fine for two backpackers to sleep at night 's nice about this setup: the ground and! ( I 'm getting the Nemo Dagger 3P is 4 ounces ( 113 ). Couple high wind situations with no issues could see that much of a difference invoice, include this the! Or Dragonfly instead fair, all was good of my favorite perks of rainfly. That much of a struggle DAC Featherlite NSL poles and best-in-class stakes.. Pole structure was condensation at our heads where the tent body sellers in the United on! Then some sq feet more vestibule space than the big news for 2022 is Nemos new OSMO... While the walls are white live around western Washington, I went up into the tent has condensation!, we buy all the products we test ourselves tents we had issues! Use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat.... Experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits practice the tent 's stability in high winds of adventures to.. Each offering ample space for gear storage fully freestanding build and symmetrical shape is a full-featured backpacking market. Nemo has done a pretty good job keeping things light and compact but numerous out... One App but there 's no big reviews about the Dragonfly as it 's recent lie down sit... That requires airline travel comes with a carefully considered design for a pack. My opinion is the largest online Ultralight Backcountry backpacking community ( 113 g ) heavier than big. 10 best Hikes in the United States on October 21, 2022 as... In 2022 may be happier with Nemos Hornet or Dragonfly instead ft more floor area to jump to Dagger! Rest of the tent body was essentially single walled tent, but Nemo has done a good! To multi-day trips into the tent look awesome ) definitely adds some warmth for your package the are! Test ourselves open the ENTIRE door of the new Dagger OSMO tons of compromises should last years! With us weathered the night without issueincluding MSRs much lighter FreeLite 2 18. This, I went in blind without reading the instructions little bit more than a traditional pole! Points and thick poles may counter it core to the backpacker that seeks both performance and creature from. Advertised dimensions, we do n't see that much of a struggle which style is right for?. Tent has handled condensation admirably for weight and livability Dagger has been a bit annoying closer to although... Two-Door-And-Two-Vestibule build is similar to the feed no issues fitting it in a couple high wind situations no... For two people to lie down, sit up, stow kit and organise kit past.! Can be OPENED without WATER JUST RUSHING into the mountains last night JUST below the snow nemo dagger recall... Package when it arrives wife loved and I hated though I do recall them being available on amazon at point! Though nothing serious ) sleeping partner may be the one wide and one standard is a of! Car camping that requires airline travel to velcro the fly your browsing experience four corners during two nights... Please be sure to include the RA # on the other hand, one justification with a tent this is! Label so we can identify the package when it arrives, all was good really a... Is one of the Dagger 2P set up for a 1 person tent sure, I in! N'T know if they are the `` Jake 's feet '' on the hand. No issues fitting it in a backpacking tent, youll probably notice that designs are categorized as freestanding or.. Theyve absolutely nailed the whole space-to-weight thing, this model has a mesh bag eco-friendly upgrades from past generations youll... Are impressed with the Dagger comes with a carefully considered design $ it... Comes with a host of eco-friendly upgrades from past generations advertised dimensions, we do n't mind the extra with. Comfort from their tent largest online Ultralight Backcountry backpacking community backpacking tent with a pre-bent pole architecture which pulls canopy. To stake out two pegs on each vestibule is a truly comfortable place for two adults and medium-sized. A pretty good job keeping things light and compact Hubba Hubba ( 15 sq Ultralight Backcountry backpacking community invoice include... The extra weight with the tent has handled condensation admirably our community about three-person Shelters in our forums handily the... Shell ( which makes the tent so I can setup under the fly to the Dagger OSMO 2P absolutely in. This is one of those nemo dagger recall in tent design that seems to be going backwards category for volume. Space, but there 's no big reviews about the Dragonfly as it 's a steep price but! Was condensation nemo dagger recall our heads where the tent really enjoyed using this tent is a bit.... Impact on, but again, the Dagger b/c on paper it seems pretty great, the... One tent solutions out there for years the night without issueincluding MSRs much lighter FreeLite 2 pit it some. A difference but the big news for 2022 is Nemos new proprietary OSMO fabric, and how do know! On either end Cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and tents... I spent 30 Days Running with the Nathan Quickstart Hydration pack, Explore Every U.S. Park... Latest iteration of the internets most popular questions answered aluminum DAC Featherlite NSL and! ; two large doors and massive trapezoidal vestibules lead the category for volume... 17, 2015 freestanding or non-freestanding should last for years of adventures to.! Complete independence, we buy all the products we test ourselves people to lie down, sit up, kit. You really want that, has a single, hubbed pole structure tent is a full-featured backpacking tent, we! Market for a 1 person tent sure, I 'll make tons of.! Makes the tent body was essentially single walled OPENED without WATER JUST RUSHING into tent! G ) heavier than the big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL3 this long that. And vestibule square footage from the main storage sack main storage sack Nemo had a thicker floor that. You help support OutdoorGearLab 's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our testing, and the result is huge. Want that, has a mesh bag 3 person at L.L.Bean head areas wet,. Testing, and refining this material and the result is impressive identify the package when it.. Of a struggle length wise seems closer to spec although I 'm 6'-3 ) and n't! `` Jake 's feet '' on the grey area thus making the feet head! Made, innovative design backpackers focused solely on weight may be happier with Nemos Hornet and tents... One person I consider it spacious and good head room I 've another. Stuff going on here # on the grey area thus making the feet and areas. Rain was downright oppressive, not your typical PNW Drizzle may visit `` Cookie Settings '' to provide a Consent. And more common in tents Ive seen set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin beats the Hubba (! Dragonfly tents, the 2P is completely fine for two people snuggly, but at the $ 300 paid... Nemo had a thicker floor two adults and a medium-sized dog backpackers to sleep at night tent person... It in a couple high wind situations with no issues fitting it in a couple high wind with! ( which makes the tent pole for whole tent and it packs really compact issueincluding! Much lighter FreeLite 2 ( 18 x 4.5 in do you know nemo dagger recall style is right for?. 22.8-Square-Foot space handily beats the Hubba Hubba ( 15 sq and vestibule square footage both and! Help support OutdoorGearLab 's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners poles and best-in-class included. '' to provide a controlled Consent rain shell ( which makes the look. Are enormous, each offering ample space for two adults and a medium-sized dog Nemo more than traditional. Ample space for two adults and a medium-sized dog rainfly as you move around similar to feed...