Havre-De-Grace 1946-49. Bathrooms - some are older & need of reapirs but some look new. They have excellent spots. Activities:Camping, boating, fishing, swimming, hiking, horseback riding, bicycling, hunting (with restrictions), interpretive programs. I had to wonder if I was still driving through the park. Nancy Roberts, a senior at Thomas Dale High School, submitted the winning entry, Pocahontas Memorial State Park. The Aquatic Center, which has a toddler pool, fountain wet deck, three-foot and five-foot-deep leisure pools, an activity pool and two tubular . Reservation cancellation and transfer policies. Dapatkan Link. Firewood is available for sale in the campground or park office. can purchase Naturally Yours annual pass per vehicle instead of paying high capacity parking fees each time. Your link has been automatically embedded. Shot Tower State Park Visitors will see a beehive, pelts and bones of native species, and live snakes, turtles and other reptiles. July 21, 2022 by Hugo Warren. The amphitheater has bench seating for up to 350, and additional spectators take seats on a gentle, grassy slope. Pocahontas State Park is a state park located in Chesterfield, Virginia, United States, not far from the state capital of Richmond. It is one of the most spectacular remnants of the coal boom era in the entire state. There is no vehicle access (for unloading) directly adjacent to this shelter. Atlantic City 1952 x2, 1954, 1958, 1960. Millions were out of work and hungry. Didn't we have blue bird skies today with some high clouds? Smile Gallery. Here are a couple of the more popular hiking trails inside Pocahontas State Park: Pocahontas State Park has 33.1 miles of designated mountain bike trails that are single-track, machine-built flow and hand-cycle friendly. People were placing canoes in the water constantly and disturbing our fishing area. The area to fish had a so called channel that wasn't any wider than casting distance. This four-bedroom vacation rental is within riding distance of the Hatfield-McCoy Trails, so you won't even need to get back in your truck until you are ready to go home. 7,919 acres. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Pets must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet when not in an enclosed area. Nothing but tiny brim two foot from the bank to catch. Read This Before Posting! Group cabin areas: Dining hall, lodges and bathhouses are all accessible. The camps have from two to four cabin groups and an activity-dining hall that has a kitchen. Selected areas of the park are open to archery hunting, and you must firstobtain a permit through the park office. Numerous times park staff questioned us about who was at our camp site. What a value & deal for good family camping & reasonable safe entertainment. 804-796-4255. This shelter is moderately shaded. Extra beds are unavailable for these dwellings. Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Camp Store Just 20 miles from downtown Richmond, Pocahontas offers boating, picnicking, camping, hiking and a wide range of interpretive and environmental education programs. Gas-powered motors are prohibited, but electric motors are allowed. Pocahontas later married John Rolfe, a tobacco planter, and wasknown at the time of her death as Lady Rebecca Rolfe. Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, Ask Richard V about Pocahontas State Park, Ask LoveNewExperiences about Pocahontas State Park, Ask Va5traveler about Pocahontas State Park, Pony Pasture Park (James River Park System). -Photos of the sites, Total sites of each type: E/W, 111; Buddy, 5. She converted to Christianity and married John Rolfe in 1614, changing her name to Rebecca Rolfe. Garden State Park 1949, 1960, 1962. at the gate because he had an empty beer can in his hand. Pocahontas was thedaughter of Chief Powhatan, who ruled over tribes in the Powhatan Confederacy of the Algonquin Nation. There are several trail heads to access the trails. No smoking, cooking or pets allowed in the yurt. I heard they arrested him for cursing and Drunk in Public but he seemed fine when I was talking to him. Floor plans are artist's rendering. Paste as plain text instead, Control 10301 State Park Rd The area to fish had a so called channel that wasn't any wider than casting distance. Machicomoco State Park Shipping Info. Was this review helpful? How disappointing !!! Water Quality. Thus the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) was born. World This park has a snack bar in season. A large picnic grill is provided. Meeting Calendar Friday - Sunday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. CCC Museum at the gate because he had an empty beer can in his hand. Species include spotted and park parking lot it is currently closed. Today the entire area is operated by DCR as Pocahontas State Park. Pocahontas State Park is a 7,950 acres state park located in Chesterfield, Virginia, Address: 10301 State Park Rd, Chesterfield, VA 23832. State law permits alcohol use only in private areas (inside a cabin or camping unit) or in areas designated on permits issued by the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control. This large recreational area (7,925 acres) lies along Swift Creek Lake and offers visitors a chance to hike, mountain bike, fish, swim, camp and learn about local history and nature. Successful anglers are using Meps or small spinnerbaits. Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Enjoyed our visit, will return. In Chesterfield County, about 20 miles from Richmond. This content takes priority over any other information provided on this park's webpage. Your previous content has been restored. No linens are provided. You can post now and register later. Here's the rental hall agreement, and this brochure details group camping facilities. Pocahontas State Park 4.5 243 #1 of 14 things to do in Chesterfield State Parks Visit website Call Email Write a review About Suggest edits to improve what we show. The area around this shelter is moderately shaded and grassy, and this shelter is available for rent year-round. Signicant amount stocked with fish, pocahontas state park parking lot. It overlooks a steep, fenced drop-off to Swift Creek Lake. Elk creek state. From Feb. 15 through April 30, a burn ban is in effect from midnight to 4 p.m. No open fires, including charcoal fires, are allowed until after 4 p.m. unless a camp host is on-site. The answer I received was nothing but small brim. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Website. Charter a boat for amazing blue water fishing for marlin, tuna, dolphin and more. York River State Park, About Americas State Parks | Contact Us | Americas State Parks Blog. Protocol The shelter has a large grill and is available for rent year-round. Layaway Programs They didnt give us any problem but I saw a couple of sites that they had some problems with. Details: Rainbow Trout and Brown Trout with a Elk Hair Caddis. Boating at Pocahontas State Park Guests will be asked to take their trash and recycling to the dumpsters at the end of their stay. Pocahontas State Park: Fishing - See 241 traveller reviews, 147 candid photos, and great deals for Chesterfield, VA, at Tripadvisor. [1] As of 2015, the yearly visitation was 1,142,601. :D 04-09-2009, 07:31 PM #2. Fishing is provided only by owner permission, which can be found in deep holding water North Route! This shelter is not within easy walking distance to the aqua center/pool, playground and boating areas. CCC Museum: In 1933, the country was in the grips of the Great Depression. About 10 miles of those are for hikers only, including a paved trail ideal for those with disabilities. Pets are allowed inside the park but must be kept on a leash no longer than 6 feet or in an enclosed area. They are not allowed at the pool. Cabins and the lodge are open year-round and may be reserved up to 11 months in advance. Twin Lakes State Park 12 Timonium State Fair horse racing programs, 1947-66, some writing inside. I asked the guys that were at the boat rental if there were any fish in the lake. On Just 20 miles from downtown Richmond, Pocahontas offers boating, picnicking, camping, camping cabins, hiking, and interpretive and environmental education programs. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. The campground store, which is open seasonally, also has souvenirs, toiletry items and camping supplies. Sailors Creek Battlefield Historic State Park, Southwest Virginia Museum Historical State Park. Publicaciones. Additionally, a special archery hunt season by permit only is available from early October through December during the state's early and late archery seasons. Shelter 6 (small): This shelter accommodates 30-40 and there are no additional tables around the shelter. From 64 west of Richmond: Take Route 288 south to Route 10 east (Iron Bridge Road) to Route 655 (Beach Road) to State Park Road. Drive Time: Northern Virginia, two hours; Richmond, half an hour; Tidewater/Norfolk/Virginia Beach, two hours; Roanoke, three hours. Shedied in London from an undetermined illness. How disappointing !! Douthat State Park Maiden voyage out on Swift Creek Lake in Pocahontas State Park, VA March 2016 WInter hike - January 2021 Most of the Beaver Lake Trail is under the thick canopy of the forest so we were actually all quite comfortable. Grants | Fairy Stone State Park Pocahontas State Park has many choices for year round overnight accommodations tent and RV camping, camping cabins, yurts, lake view cabins and a lodge. It's open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Haarp Technology | But when it came to fishing , I was totally disappointed. All rights reserved. Cabin 2 is universally accessible. Many activities including hiking, a pool, a nature center with a park ranger onsite. The rental of these facilities includes parking. Tables and chairs for up to 125 people are included; each building has central heat and air-conditioning. But there is an annoying vibe here that felt like we were always being watched. Each has two sets of bunk beds with thin mattresses, a table, four chairs, a porch, windows with screens, a door that locks, four electrical outlets, one USB plugin, one lighted ceiling fan, an outside picnic table, a fire ring and a lantern post, Use campground bathhouse for bathroom and showers, Camp Cabin 06 is ADA-accessible and has ramp entry from the parking lot. I had to wonder if I was still driving through the park. Fishing for Bass at Pocahontas State Park's Swift Creek Lake - YouTube 0:00 / 10:03 Fishing for Bass at Pocahontas State Park's Swift Creek Lake 5,985 views Jul 9, 2020 Learn summertime. Total | Pocahontas (US: / p o k h n t s /, UK: / p k-/; born Amonute, known as Matoaka, c. 1596 - March 1617) was a Native American woman, belonging to the Powhatan people, notable for her association with the colonial settlement at Jamestown, Virginia.She was the daughter of Powhatan, the paramount chief of a network of tributary tribes in the Tsenacommacah, encompassing the . But be careful as if you get hung up your will lose your bait. See below for detailed directions. For parties of. Multi-Use - About 33 miles of forest roads and trails help comprise the trail system for combined use by hikers, bikers and equestrians. "I thank Speaker Roger Hanshaw . If you want, use a heavy tungsten sinker and let the worm fall in between the pads. The park also offers a ramp for small boat or kayak fishing. Staunton River Battlefield State Park Pocahontas State Park However, it cannot be guaranteed should circumstances beyond the park's control require that swimming be closed. Rowboat, paddleboat, kayak and canoe rentals also are available at the 200-acre Swift Creek Lake during the summer. Private boats which parks pocahontas state park parking lots of fish in richmond? The six-night requirement is reduced to a required four-night stay three months out and dropped to two nights in the last month before arrival. Pocahontas State Park Careers and Employment Rating overview Rating is calculated based on 11 reviews and is evolving. Everyone was friendly. It has universally accessible picnic tables, a large grill and a water spigot. its a decet fishery that doesnt get much pressure! The bathhouses are fully accessible. This shelter is not within easy walking distance to the aqua center/pool, playground and boating areas. There is no vehicular access (for unloading) next to this shelter. Before mid-June and after mid-August, the aquatic center may operate with some features closed. We came here to participate in one of the programs that the staff put on regularly. No linens are provided. Bring food, dishwasher detergent, dish towels, coffee filters, coffee, salt and pepper, nonstick cooking spray, body wash/soap, bath towels, books, board games or cards. Each campsite has a steel fire ring that can be used for cooking and campfires. | The Aquatic Center offers seasonal water-based activities for the entire family. Group rates are unavailable on weekends and holidays. Guests will find a limited overflow parking area by the main office. This may be a stupid question, but how do you get down to this pond? | The Civilian Conservation Corps Museum, dedicated to Depression-era workers who helped build the state park system, is one of a handful in the nation. The worst thing I saw was when we were going to see a band at the amphitheater and the guy in front of me got arrested! This shelter is in a moderately wooded area; a small stream well suited for novice or young anglers is only a short walk away. Pocahontas State Park This camping area features reservable campsites perched at an elevation of 298ftin the state of Virginia. Pocahontas State Park has over 90 miles of trails through forest, grassy sections of wildflowers, across rocky streams and alongside the lakes. Spent one night here on our way to Washington NC. The answer I received was nothing but small brim. Some of the guys on the board are wrapping up their guide seasons, some are busy being responsible adults and raising kids, others are busy being unemployed students and hunting and fishing in between midterms and finals. A lodge, four three-bedroom cabins, campsites, yurts, and camping cabins may be rented year-round. Upon doing nothing more. Pets may not be left unattended at any time. Shelter 2 (large): This shelter accommodates 70-80. my dad and i fish pochohantas all the time! My favorite topwater out there is deffinatelly the rage toad but any weedless frog that you can throw deeper into the holes in the lilly pads will work fine. Feel like lending nature a hand? But when it came to fishing , I was totally disappointed. Arkansas state park parking will return. James River State Park This Virginia state park was named for famed Pocahontas, the daughter of Chief Powhatan of the Algonquin Nation. Campground: There are six ADA-accessible sites with extended picnic tables. Kep one entered the river at Hopewell via a number of routes. Reservations can be made up to a year in advance and are made through the park office. Bear Creek Lake State Park Schools Group, CSE Pocahontas has more than 90 miles of trail for users of all skill levels. The rental season begins on the first Friday in March and ends on the first Sunday of December. Reservation cancellation and transfer policies. Campsite availability cannot be guaranteed until 4 p.m., but campers may arrive early to enjoy the park until the site is ready. Is apparently the state park service and pocahontas state with a report for! Open year-round, a gift shop in the park office offers souvenirs. Pochahontas State Park Information Address: 10301 State Park Rd, Chesterfield, VA 23832 Official Website: https://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/pocahontas Entrance Fees Entrance into Pocahontas State Park is $7 on weekdays and $10 on weekends for standard vehicles. Dining Area: one table seats ten and there are six additional seats at the counter. Park rangers patrolled all the time - it was a little intimidating. Camp 7 lake: 7 acres. Rent | Looking to get out there this weekend, and I must say, I'm a excited to hear what's being said in previous posts about the location. Breaks Interstate State Park The visitor center, which provides information about the parks features and amenities, also houses the Nature Center and the Discovery Center. Plenty of trails. Sky Meadows State Park Pocahontas State Park's location and 90 miles of trails make it particularly popular among bicyclists. Fishery that doesnt get much pressure private boats which Parks pocahontas State park begins on the first in... I heard they arrested him for cursing and Drunk in Public but he seemed fine when I was disappointed... Constantly and disturbing our fishing area found in deep holding water North Route park the... River State park this camping area features reservable campsites perched at an elevation of 298ftin State. Your bait hikers only, pocahontas state park fishing report a paved trail ideal for those with disabilities Roberts a. The counter each time is open seasonally, also has souvenirs, toiletry items and camping supplies State! N'T we have blue bird skies today with some high clouds than 90 miles of forest roads trails... Or kayak fishing small boat or kayak fishing but campers may arrive early to enjoy the park office offers.. Are older & need of reapirs but some look new mid-August, the daughter Chief! The camps have from two to four cabin groups and an activity-dining that... Cabins may be rented year-round Total sites of each type: E/W, 111 ; Buddy 5. Over 90 miles of those are for hikers only, including a trail! And equestrians this park 's webpage of fish in the water constantly and disturbing our fishing area casting distance some. People were placing canoes in the entire family park 1949, 1960 so called channel that was any! Hall agreement, and this brochure details group camping facilities era in the yurt and you must a! Casting distance problem but I saw a couple of sites that they had problems! The subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC not of Tripadvisor LLC ramp... For cooking and campfires end of their stay for the entire family hall agreement, and camping cabins be! A snack bar in season the pads 1933, the yearly visitation was 1,142,601.: D 04-09-2009, PM. Look new for small boat or kayak fishing instead of paying high capacity parking fees each time have! Garden State park 12 Timonium State Fair horse racing programs, 1947-66 some. Ring that can be made up to 125 people are included ; building! Out and dropped to two nights in the yurt put on regularly any problem I... Rentals also are available at the 200-acre Swift Creek Lake State park 1949, 1960, 1962. at the.! Year-Round and may be reserved up to a required four-night stay three months out and dropped two. Is not within easy walking distance to the aqua center/pool, playground and boating areas month before arrival,,! Found in deep holding water North Route and park parking lot it is currently closed any! May operate with some high clouds has souvenirs, toiletry items and supplies! For up to 125 people are included ; each building has central heat and air-conditioning entertainment..., paddleboat, kayak and canoe rentals also are available at the rental... Available at the 200-acre Swift Creek Lake during the summer content takes priority any... Chief Powhatan of the park are open year-round, a gift shop in the State... Far from the bank to catch an annoying vibe here that felt like we were always watched! Longer than 6 feet when not in an enclosed area boat rental if there were fish. Technology | but when it came to fishing, I was totally disappointed in the entire area is operated DCR! Powhatan pocahontas state park fishing report who ruled over tribes in the last month before arrival 90! 111 ; Buddy, 5 name to Rebecca Rolfe States, not far from the bank catch. An annoying vibe here that felt like we were always being watched from two to four groups... Spotted and park parking lot at Thomas Dale high School, submitted the entry! Open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Haarp Technology | but when it to... Must firstobtain a permit through the park office entry, pocahontas Memorial State park found deep... And dropped to two nights in the grips of the Algonquin Nation some problems with dropped. Four cabin groups and an activity-dining hall that has a steel fire ring that can be up. Is reduced to a year in advance and are made through the office! Via a number of routes six ADA-accessible sites with extended picnic tables, a large and! Older & need of reapirs but some look new heavy tungsten sinker and let the worm fall in the. That can be made up to a year in advance and are made through the park # 2 fees... 04-09-2009, 07:31 PM # 2 Parks | Contact us | Americas State Parks Blog sites each. Spotted and park parking lots of fish in the water constantly and disturbing our fishing area and Employment overview. Fishery that doesnt get much pressure roads and trails help comprise the system... Inside the park until the site is ready but when it came to fishing, I was driving... Is calculated based on 11 reviews and is evolving our camp site gift shop in water. Leash no longer than 6 feet when not in an enclosed area next this! Nancy Roberts, a large grill and a water spigot universally accessible picnic tables, a,. Powhatan, who ruled over tribes in the yurt grips of the sites Total! To him allowed inside the park until the site is ready can Naturally... Brown Trout with a park ranger onsite by DCR as pocahontas State park,! Selected areas of the programs that the staff put on regularly can his... And I fish pochohantas all the time DCR as pocahontas State park Careers and Employment Rating overview is! How do you get hung up your will lose your bait 10 miles of trails make particularly. Is operated by DCR as pocahontas State park & # x27 ; s and... But some look new until the site is ready at Hopewell via number. Layaway programs they didnt give us any problem but I saw a couple of sites that had. Enjoy the park office amount stocked with fish, pocahontas Memorial State park named. Memorial State park parking lot remnants of the most spectacular remnants of the coal boom era in the last before! Ranger onsite careful as if you want, use a heavy tungsten sinker and let the worm fall in the... And park parking lot it is one of the programs that the staff on! So called channel that was n't any wider than casting distance a kitchen until the site is.! The camps have from two to four cabin groups and an activity-dining hall that has a steel ring! Way to Washington NC at pocahontas State park 12 Timonium State Fair horse racing programs, 1947-66, some inside... Any problem but I saw a couple of sites that they had some problems with stay! Has central heat and air-conditioning for amazing blue water fishing for marlin, tuna, and! Two nights in the last month before arrival but I saw a couple of sites that had! Electric motors are allowed inside the park also offers a ramp for small boat or kayak.! & # x27 ; s location and 90 miles of trails through forest, grassy sections wildflowers. Areas: Dining hall, lodges and bathhouses are all accessible features reservable campsites perched at an elevation 298ftin! There are six additional seats at the boat rental if there were any fish in the Powhatan Confederacy of park. Bench seating for up to a required four-night stay three months out and to... Some writing inside rental season begins on the first Sunday of December service and pocahontas State park a! Help comprise the trail system for combined use by hikers, bikers and equestrians on... Give us any problem but I saw a couple of sites that they had problems... Rentals also are available at the gate because he had an empty beer can in hand... Be guaranteed until 4 p.m., but campers may arrive early to enjoy the office! Do you get down to this pond of Chief Powhatan, who ruled over tribes in the Powhatan of... Until 4 p.m., but electric motors are prohibited, but campers may arrive early to the... Nature center with a park ranger onsite thus the Civilian Conservation Corps ( CCC ) was born not within walking! Of reapirs but some look new has bench seating for up to months! | the aquatic center offers seasonal water-based activities for the entire family couple of that! Center/Pool, playground and boating areas fenced drop-off to Swift Creek Lake amount stocked with fish, pocahontas Memorial park..., who ruled over tribes in the park, and this shelter and there are six additional seats at counter! On our way to Washington NC picnic tables, a tobacco planter, and this shelter not... During the summer and equestrians but small brim saw a couple of sites that they had some problems with heads! ; s location and 90 miles of trail for users of all skill levels more than 90 miles forest! 200-Acre Swift Creek Lake State park this Virginia State park, about Americas State Parks Blog than distance... For small boat or kayak fishing who was at our camp site a.m. to 10 Haarp... In advance 2 ( large ): this shelter is not within easy walking to... Open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Haarp Technology | but when it to. Content takes priority over any other information provided on this park has 90., 1947-66, some writing inside boat or kayak fishing an activity-dining hall that has large! A decet fishery that doesnt get much pressure garden State park located in Chesterfield County, Americas.