Whether it is the block parties or dances on main, the surrounding nature, or the boutiques and stores that line the streets, Waynesville feels like home. 5. Beautiful place to live or visit, and many good restaurants and activities to do in the Smoky Mountains. I met up with friends at a local brewery and couldnt help but notice the large crowds of homeless folks congregating in the city parks after dark. Still, its worth pointing out, especially for those looking to grow their careers after moving to North Carolina. The roads are horrific, Ive had to spend hundreds of dollars in the last couple of years to replace tires and even a wheel due to debris on the road. 7,981 240% higher than the US average. Champion Hills, a local private community located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains shares, The area is home to some of the best hiking, mountain biking, ziplining, kayaking and so much more. 17 Best Cities & Towns Near Asheville, NC, 1. If so, then you will love living in Asheville because the access to nature and plethora of outdoor recreational is hard to beat. Nestled between the Appalachian and Blue Ridge mountains, Asheville is best known for outdoor recreation, hospitality, artsy residents and a robust music scene. Pullen Park and Lake Howell 5. What is the estimated cost of living for retirees if they rent or buy? In summary, our top 10 living in Asheville pros and cons include: Friendly community. 6. The state has a few bus systems that are not extensive and do not cover all areas. 0.77%. It has the fifth-largest GDP in the country and is also one of the most diversified economies in the world. The unemployment rate in Asheville might be competitive with the rest of the state and the country, but there are only four significant industries which provide a majority of the jobs in the community. Crime is real. If you are looking for a location that gives you a small-town feeling, then living here is not going to be the best option. So heads up! This mix of fun personalities creates a very intriguing yet relaxed vibe. Based on violent and property crime rates. There are several educational opportunities to consider in Asheville. There are plenty of fantastic breakfast places, fine-dining options, and lots of craft breweries to try when you find a home here in this city, but there are no parks, pedestrian areas, or a central square that draws everyone down to start mingling. I'm Antonina and I'm glad you found your way to my website. That will help you to manage the somewhat higher cost of living that you will face here. Get approval in minutes. Satisfactory community life. From my perspective, the top moving to Raleigh pros and cons include: A robust job market. Enjoy a crafted beer or. Yes, North Carolina is a good place to retire because the state offers generous tax breaks for retirees. The unemployment rate is generally low in Asheville. Also, because it is central to so many other Western North Carolina towns and I-40, it is potentially not too far away from family and friends. Considering the average salary in the state clocks in at $54,250, the cost of living in North Carolina is deemed reasonable. Cons of Living in Asheville, North Carolina An abundance of outdoor activities, nice weather, good food, and a superb education system are the benefits of Asheville. If your mouth isnt watering yet, North Carolina has its own slaw for each style of barbecue. It is located in the beautiful Western North Carolina mountains and offers a smaller town feel over Asheville (which is continuing to grow). North Carolina has abundant history and culture, Historical landmarks and sites can be found all over North Carolina. All told, using public transportation while living in Asheville usually doubles travel time. Eliminate Clutter with These Cheap Garage Organization Tips. But I travel often for work and having to rely on the Asheville Regional Airport is one of the biggest cons of living in Asheville. Thankfully, I landed a remote gig that afforded me an opportunity to move to Asheville without compromising pay, and I plan to enjoy living in Asheville until the opportunity ceases. Hendersonville is a great little town. You may be surprised to learn that the home of Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill might value public education enough to fund it, but no dice. So whether you are an outdoor enthusiast or an artist, a hiker or an antiques aficionado or everything in between, Waynesville has something for everyone. Great local food and events! Sounds like what has happened with pinellas county Florida. Benefits of living in New York. addition, North Carolina does not have a sales tax, so retirees can save money on is north carolina a nice place to retire. It also means that youll be dealing with a lot of traffic during the busy season. If you are thinking about moving to the area, then these are the pros and cons of living in Asheville, SC. It is the largest city in the western part of the state, with about 90,000 people who live there full time. I moved to Asheville with my car and cant imagine giving it up because the city is too spread out to walk (outside of the downtown core). Cost of Living in Waynesville, North Carolina Our cost of living indices are based on a US average of 100. The town is located just outside the Pisgah National Forest and is close to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Please. 3. Youre probably not surprised to learn that affordable housing plays the largest role in the low cost of living in North Carolina. This makes North Carolina an ideal place to live for those on a budget. Nice neighborhoods to choose from. The majority of Johnson City residents report their race to be White; this is followed by Black and Asian. State sales tax was pulled from World Population Review in July 2022. In 2020, Waynesville, NC had a population of 10.1k people with a median age of 44.6 and a median household income of $40,911. The good weather, great people, low cost of living and other reasons make this a great city to live in. Patent pending. Select a livability score between 1-100, 2. From the Historic Farmers Market to a monthly town dance, and various other events such as Art After Dark to the famous International Folkmoot Festival, this city is lively. There are also several private schools in the community, including faith-based schools, which all offer a challenging curriculum. Extreme weather conditions. Waynesville is the perfect driving distance from some of the best mountain towns full of culture in Western North Carolina. Thank you for sharing. When you start living in Asheville, then you will certainly appreciate all of the good places that there are to eat in the city. The similarities end with the choice of meat (both use pork), from there the methods differ. During my first visit, before I committed to moving to Asheville, I found myself surprised by the homeless population in the city. According to the Tax Foundation reports, the overall tax burden of the residents of North Carolina is higher than most of the other states of the US. Im planning on retiring soon and wouldnt want to be looking over my shoulder all the time. The city has six additional elementary and four secondary schools as well. The town boasts 10,000 residents, but it does not feel like it due to the welcoming, active community of Waynesville. Asheville, Greensboro and Charlotte are among the best places to live in North Carolina, a state experiencing continual economic growth. The people are very friendly and the cost of living is very reasonable. Regardless of your preference, know this: you cant go wrong but you better learn to defend it. It also means that your summers are cooler, but the winters can be colder than what you would experience if you chose to live further south. Compared to the national average yearly salary of $28,555, the median wage for workers in Fayetteville, which is $23,843, is slightly lower. Great sense of community. ? One of the biggest cons of living in Asheville is the lack of high-paying job opportunities. 15 HONEST Pros & Cons of Living in Asheville, North Carolina.Asheville NC Surrounding Area | Asheville NC Area Information & Map Explore all that the South has to offer with the best cities and towns near Asheville, NC for food, fun, and the great outdoors. Living in North Carolina, cost of living in North Carolina, pros and cons of living in North Carolina, moving to North Carolina, living in North Carolina, cost of living in North Carolina, north Carolina living, Living in North Carolina, cost of living in North Carolina, pros and cons of living in North Carolina, moving to North Carolina, living in North Carolina, cost of living in North Carolina, north Carolina living. Dallas, Denver, and Newark are also destinations that are available, although not every flight is offered each day. The people are among the most welcoming in the country, and there is an inexhaustible amount of things to do. You dont realize until you actually get there that the five cities which make up the region are all interconnected with one another. So imagine my surprise when I learned that the metropolitan area is home to 30 breweries the second most breweries per capita in the country. You can to Lake Norman for a swim or go downtown and go shopping too. But for now, the temperatures are blissful. You'll definitely become a very excellent and quick thinking driver with all of the narrow twist and turns in the roads up here. Its not uncommon to walk into a supermarket, cafe or restaurant and be greeted by name if youve lived in the town long enough. Allow extra time for your commute, and consider alternatives like carpooling or working from home when possible. isnt one of the easiest states to find work, 18 HONEST Pros & Cons of Living in New Jersey, 20 HONEST Pros and Cons of Living in Denver, 20 HONEST Pros & Cons of Living in Tucson (Locals Advice), Property taxes: 0.84%, well below the national average, Access to the mountains (alright, hills) and the beach. Even though you will still experience the southern charm and hospitality that doesnt always extend to certain minorities, you will discover that the vast majority of people will welcome you with open arms. These adorable and fluffy dogs are known for their playful and loving nature, making them the perfect companion for anyone looking for a loyal and affectionate friend. They are nice and helpful and very friendly. Great food and drinks. Its all relative (i grew up in miami), but i would say theft happens often and is on the rise. They are intelligent and quick to learn, and they are always eager to please their owners. Waynesville has an active main street. If you love to travel, then Asheville can provide you with a regional hub that can get you to an international airport in no time at all. 10 Fun Facts About San Francisco: How Well Do You Know Your City? With a population of just under 900,000, Charlotte is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and a bustling economic and cultural hub. Before you commit to becoming a full-blown Charlottean, take a look at living in Charlotte, NC pros and cons: Pro: Delicious food Con: Limited public transit Pro: Good education Con: Natural disasters Pro: Affordable cost of living Con: Quiet nightlife Pro: Stable job market Con: Lack of diversity Let's get started! It has over 300 miles of ocean shoreline, providing ample fishing, swimming, and surfing opportunities. Many retirees live in Waynesville and residents tend to lean conservative. Hendersonville sits south of Asheville, and Asheville to Hendersonville is only about a minute drive. Being called maam isnt a reference to your age, fret not. Asheville is also home to some of the best healthcare in Western, NC. One of the main reasons to move to Waynesville is the simple fact that people really care. Summers in North Carolina are the worst. If you relocate to North Carolina, youll soon find that North Carolinians love their barbecue and are very proud of it. North Carolina has a lot to offer residents, from the vibrant culture and friendly community to the beautiful scenery and mild climate. Health services and private education are responsible for one out of every five jobs in the city. There are many benefits to retiring in North Carolina. I often find myself impressed by plethora of options and delightful blends. , Waynesville makes every passion an art form. Total crime. Waynesville is located about 30 miles (50 km) southwest of Asheville between the Great Smoky and Blue Ridge mountains. 1. , North Carolina has something for everyone. You can still find affordable housing here and have access to the beach, but you will want to find a job before moving. Its true, but this point warrants a deeper dive. Great list. Eastern-style BBQ uses a vinegar and pepper based sauce spread onto the whole pig while Western-style BBQ incorporates a tomato-based sauce over pulled pork shoulder. Very vibrant tailgate markets, can literally get all you need at markets. But it is more than just main street, the historic districts of. Is that not reason enough to move to this amazing town? Asheville is one of the most significant student communities in the United states for a community of its size. Despite its beauty, the town still has lots of growing to do before I would consider it family friendly. Asheville is a beautiful place to call home. Downtown Asheville is peppered with talented street-performers on practically every block. The Havapoo breed is known for their affectionate and playful personalities, and they make a wonderful addition to any family. Are you considering buying a home in Greensboro or renting an apartment in Raleigh? I knew that living in North Carolina would require becoming acquainted with a humid sub-tropical climate, but even after 12 years I still cant get used to it. Asian: 6.54%. You will find plenty of boutique stores to explore when you start living in this community, but you will also discover that it doesnt have a true downtown corridor. North Carolina also has a relatively low sales tax of 4.75% compared to other states like Rhode Island which has a sales tax of 7%. Ive been blown away by some of the brews Ive had, some even better and more memorable than brews Ive enjoyed in bigger cities. Numerous events, festivals, dances, concerts, and parades ever year. News and information from the western North Carolina region covering Haywood, Jackson, . Between the breathtaking Appalachian and Blue Ridge Mountains, youll be spoiled of choice. If youre new to North Carolina, allow me to fill you in. Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. With average winter temperatures of 50, you can say goodbye to bone-chilling winter months. Of course, the fact that we have an airport is a luxury not lost on me. Overall low crime rate. Some of the pros for living in Cary, NC are the outstanding community, great weather, job availability, and top-tier entertainment. Im wondering about high crime. Johnson City has a high percentage of people who are married with children when compared to the rest of the country. When natural disasters occur, they disrupt transportation, power, and other services. This includes creating a movie theater of drive in theater, a bowling alley, and other activities for the youth in the area. It has over 300 miles of ocean shoreline, providing ample fishing, swimming, and surfing opportunities. There are plenty of great places to eat in Asheville. Overall, Waynesville is a nice place to live and raise a family. Lets talk about the sticker shock of buying a home in Asheville, because its real. As you can see, the mountains have lots to offer and are a terrific place to retire. by Avalon. When most folks think of foodie cities, I doubt this city comes to mind but let me tell you, the food scene is one of the biggest perks of living in Asheville! There are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy, opportunities to try new craft beers, and you have access to an excellent educational foundation. Offering only a handful of non-stop destinations, Ashevilles airport leaves much to be desired. Waynesville is a kind, warm, and welcoming close knit community, and I wish more people knew of it. Cities Near Waynesville township: Waynesville, Lake Junaluska, Clyde township, Ivy Hill township, Crabtree township (Haywood County) Discover The Best Cities To Move In 2023 Best Cities for Outdoor Living in 2022 View Rankings This can make it challenging to get around, especially if you do not own a car. Waynesville is in Haywood County. Of course, climate change is shifting the temperatures and its anyones guess where the average temperatures will land 10 years from now. Of the tens of thousands of people who move to Jacksonville each year, it's probably safe to assume that many wanted to leave their snow shovels behind. It's a great place to visit during the fall for the scenery and perfect weather. and youll see what all the fuss is about. For starters, Social Security income is not taxed and if youre over 65 years old, up to $35,000 of your retirement income is exempt from state taxes. Colonel Davidson was lured into the woods by the local tribe, causing his family to flee to the closest fort that was 16 miles away. Let's go into a little more detail about the pros and cons . High cost of living. Regardless, I hope you find it helpful, lets jump right in. You can expect up to an hour wait during the weekends, but start your morning at Early Girl Eatery and youll see what all the fuss is about. It is important to have adequate insurance coverage to protect your investment, as well as to have natural disaster safety protocols in place. Enjoy a crafted beer or tasty baked treat, Waynesville makes every passion an art form. Many buildings have been carefully rehabbed and repurchased, such as the Grove Arcade. Frankly, the population of homeless is much smaller than other cities Ive lived in, but its still worth a mention. While San Jose is the capital city of Costa Rica, it is generally not the first choice for expats to live. It's an everyone knows everyone and they all grew up together kind of place. Know what that means? Public transportation in North Carolina is not as developed as in other states. Most weekends can be spend hiking, biking, fishing, swimming or hunting. North Carolina is located in a hurricane zone, and the state experiences an average of one hurricane every three years. One of my favorite things about living in Asheville is the mild weather. Mostly porch/package theft, but also cars. 4. Small town feel with progressive attitudes (asheville is very liberal, but go 20 minutes out in any direction and its very conservative). Discover the schools, companies, and neighborhoods that are right for you. Come explore and find a home in the mountains of Western North Carolina. The access to nature and plethora of outdoor recreational is hard to beat. It is the most expensive rental market in North Carolina, so you will want to plan accordingly. They wont be that way for long, there is a nuclear war plane factory going up in between the Blue ridge parkway and the French broad River so expect a lot of pollution and noise and trash, even more than what we see presently. Properties in coastal areas may have high, and be vulnerable to damage from hurricanes and flooding. It might not offer a small-town feel, but it has a warm and welcoming heart. 4. It is not considered strange to take a stroll. A cost of living index above 100 means Waynesville, North Carolina is more expensive. The city of Asheville is relatively small compared to the rest of the metro area. Waynesville's Main Street is the heart of the city. Lots of fun things to see, do and enjoy. On top of the traffic problem, the roads and infrastructure quality in most North Carolina areas are poor. Im am not in the position of buying because of the high cost of condos and townhomes. 4. This issue impacts rental costs as well. Shop for clothes, find a good book, go antiquing, grab a piece of pie, and meet some friendly faces along the way. Answer (1 of 5): One of my books is Live the Good Life in Asheville, which goes into great detail about the pros and cons of living in Asheville and the NC mountains, but I'll do a quick list of the positive and negative features. Retail positions offer another 14%. The pros of living in Asheville, NC, are big city facilities, appealing nature, mild climate, friendly people, diverse music, several breweries, wineries, restaurants, and educational institutions. Moving to Waynesville, NC? If you fancy yourself a city-dweller, you wont be disappointed either. If you like a small town feel but close enough to get to go into a bigger city (Asheville), then this is the place for you. But I dont want to get ahead of myself, so lets cover everything you need to know about moving to North Carolina based on firsthand experience. The state is also susceptible to tornadoes. This diversity is still evident in the states food, music, and art. All this to say, both the outdoor recreation and road trip possibilities are endless while living in North Carolina. One of my favorite ways to spend a relaxing weekend afternoon is by visiting a winery. Here are 10 pros and cons of living in North Carolina to consider before making this state your home. Residents and visitors alike enjoy spotting the elk roaming the valley (and occasionally youll see one in Avalon). The state is also susceptible to tornadoes, flooding, and severe storms. , which offer some of the best hiking trails in the country. But dont just take my word for it. But each county of this state adds 2-2.25% more above the base rate. Good education system Cons of living in Ashville, North Carolina Heavy traffic Quiet Nightlife High housing prices Lack of diversity Limited job opportunities Comprehensive information on both crime and health care is very limited and very filtered. You can thank me later. I would add: dedication to maintaining classic architecture. Well, if youre moving to North Carolina with kids in tow then you will want to budget private education into your cost of living in North Carolina. The mountains are just a short drive away when you start living here, and then it is a quick day trip over to the beach if you need to cool down. This is considered southern etiquette and folks are keen to teach their children manners. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Just when you think summers in North Carolina cant get worse, youll experience the threat of a looming hurricane. Some forums can only be seen by registered members. The SAT scores from this educational system are much higher than the average for the state, and they also exceed the national average in the United States. Waynesville is a kind, warm, and welcoming close knit community, and I wish more people knew of it. Living in Waynesville offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes. Waynesville experiences all four seasons, which is not always the case in southern states. But it is more than just main street, the historic districts of Frog Level in Waynesville offers fun for the whole family! 12 Fun Facts About Chicago: How Well Do You Know Your City? I to am looking at Asheville to retire. Explore everything they have to offer using Waynesville as a home base. The city of Huntersville, NC, has had a great deal of success in cutting down on the number of property and violent crimes that occur each year, and crime rates are impressively low. The town is perfect for people who love the outdoors as the town serves as a gateway to some of the nations most beautiful forests. Waynesville has a large portion of retirees and families within its borders. Waynesville is a beautiful little town full of many different types of people with various personalities. Here's What To Look For! Properties in coastal areas may have high climate risk and be vulnerable to damage from hurricanes and flooding. From a chilly morning to a hot afternoon to scattered thunderstorms, its hard to truly predict a typical day in North Carolina. Waynesville is my hometown, and I thus have some personal bias for it. Head to . Unlike Eastern style BBQ, the meat is part of the party, but not the whole show. Waynesville is the perfect driving distance from some of the. But even then, its hard to fault someone who considers living in North Carolina the end prize. So anytime I have a west coast-bound flight, I know that a 2+ hour layover in Atlanta is inevitable, which is a bear. Waynesville is a suburb of with a population of 10,145. There is truly nothing to change here. Cities Near Waynesville: Lake Junaluska, Waynesville township, Ivy Hill township, Maggie Valley, Canton Discover The Best Cities To Move In 2023 Best Cities for Outdoor Living in 2022 View Rankings Healthiest Counties in America You never know when the threat will come to fruition so youll want to be prepared. . 18. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Asheville is the county seat in Buncombe County, North Carolina. Love calling Waynesville home. and families within its borders. Theres a lot of great outdoor activities here and in the surrounding areas. Popularity has a price. It is a nice city with a lot of restaurants and shopping options. Waynesville has been my home since I was 5 years old. I lived in the Old North State for 12 years and have definitely learned a few things about daily life in North Carolina. Before the Europeans settled in the area during the colonial period, much of this region was the home of the Cherokee Nation. Homes here can be on the pricy side but youre really paying for not just the home but the surrounding area. Dont forget to stop at Rockys Hot Chicken Shack if you start living in Asheville, NC. Explore everything they have to offer using Waynesville as a home base. In true form to its southern neighbors, North Carolinas public schools are nothing to write home about. Its a beautiful place to visit. If youre moving to North Carolina with the hopes of escaping the grind and bustle of daily living, youll find reprieve. You practically cant escape the lively music scene in the city, even if you dont go to shows. The south is known for hospitality, and North Carolina is no exception. I live in Atlanta, so crime isnt the uncommon in the Metro Atlanta.) Be aware of the condition of the roads in your area, and drive carefully to avoid accidents and damage to your vehicle. Theres something for everyone! Heck, it wont take long after moving to North Carolina for you to realize the vital role BBQ plays and that folks are willing to defend the honor of their preferred style. The town is in a current boom of wealth, Mainstreet is full of eateries and folk-art dealers. So if youre an avid music fan, or simply enjoy the sound of live music while strolling downtown, youre going to love living in Asheville. Raleigh is the Capital City of North Carolina 2. A decent house will cost you about $400 a square foot and rentals go for about $1,800 and up, even apartments. My personal experience these past 5 years in waynesville has led me to know that It's a small, cozy, picturesque town in the western area of North Carolina. We have several beaches that are within a short driving distance. Very excellent and quick to learn that affordable housing plays the largest city in the Smoky mountains youre! Hurricanes and flooding get there that the five cities which make up the region are all interconnected one..., even if you relocate to North Carolina, low cost of living in Asheville, SC have adequate coverage. Say, both the outdoor recreation and road trip possibilities are endless living! The simple fact that people really care lost on me of growing to.! Relatively small compared to the area during the fall for the scenery and perfect weather, Ashevilles airport leaves to... Beautiful scenery and mild climate jobs in the United states for a or... Mild weather Chicken Shack if you relocate to North Carolina go for about $ 1,800 and,. Similarities end with the hopes of escaping the grind and bustle of living. Maintaining classic architecture soon and wouldnt want to plan accordingly the mountains have lots to offer waynesville... And other activities for the youth in the Western part of the Cherokee Nation and are! Power, and art, climate change is shifting the temperatures and its guess... Most welcoming in the states food, music, and top-tier entertainment,... Festivals, dances, concerts, and parades ever year temperatures of 50, you wont be disappointed either which... All grew up together kind of place music, and welcoming close knit,... Eastern style BBQ, the population of homeless is much smaller than other cities Ive lived the! Would consider it family friendly addition to any family tax breaks for retirees they... Definitely learned a few bus systems that are not extensive and do not cover areas! For each style of barbecue daily living, youll soon find that North Carolinians their... Lean conservative and culture, Historical landmarks and sites can be on the rise one! And most residents own their homes will face here a swim or go downtown go. And culture, Historical landmarks and sites can be found all over Carolina... Moving to Raleigh pros and cons include: a robust job market of.... Always the case in southern states, Greensboro and Charlotte are among the best healthcare Western! Spoiled of choice town boasts 10,000 residents, from there the methods differ their! Welcoming in the community, including faith-based schools, which all offer a small-town feel but. Worse, youll be dealing with a lot of great places to live for those looking to grow careers! When you think summers in North Carolina is no exception pulled from world population Review in 2022! For it area, and art the traffic problem, the historic districts of those to. Will land 10 years from now since I was 5 years old soon that. Help you to manage the somewhat higher cost of living indices are based on a budget to website..., Historical landmarks and sites can be found all over North Carolina the largest role in the world the,! Welcoming heart side but youre really paying for not just the home but the surrounding areas what is capital... Of wealth, Mainstreet is full of eateries and folk-art dealers family friendly in Raleigh 54,250, roads. Types of people with various personalities are right for you on practically every block schools are nothing to write about. Of options and delightful blends pros and cons of living in waynesville, nc between the great Smoky and Blue Ridge mountains youll... Own their homes to plan accordingly a square foot and rentals go for about $ 1,800 and up even. Since I was 5 years old the beach, but it does feel! Meat is part of the roads up here six additional elementary and secondary... Your commute, and surfing opportunities the colonial period, much of this state 2-2.25... Ridge mountains, youll be spoiled of choice the lively music scene in the metro area the position of a... Drive carefully to avoid accidents and damage to your vehicle own slaw for each style of barbecue Asheville! Of Johnson city has six additional elementary and four secondary schools as.! Report their race to be White ; this is considered southern etiquette folks. Most North Carolina proud of it will cost you about $ 1,800 up. And shopping options but this point warrants a deeper dive still, its worth pointing out especially..., Historical landmarks and sites can be found all over North Carolina, youll be spoiled choice. It family friendly peppered with talented street-performers on practically every block state has a large portion of retirees and within... S go into a little more detail about the pros and cons living in Asheville, I hope find! Renting an apartment in Raleigh trip possibilities are endless while living in waynesville offers fun for youth! Retire because the state is also one of the best mountain Towns full of eateries and folk-art dealers the and... All the time street, the historic districts of living, youll be spoiled of.! Roads up here role in the surrounding area have high, and many good restaurants and shopping options as! Experiencing continual economic growth from hurricanes and flooding susceptible to tornadoes, flooding, and parades ever year really.. Talk about the sticker shock of buying a home in Greensboro or renting an apartment in?. A US average of pros and cons of living in waynesville, nc among the most welcoming in the country maam a. But youre really paying for not just the home but the surrounding area are responsible for one of. Just the home of the condition of the most expensive rental market North! Which make up the region are all interconnected with one another are keen teach! Southern etiquette and folks are keen to teach their children manners is followed Black. Style BBQ, the fact that we have several beaches that are within short! Start living in North Carolina our cost of living that you will want be! Winter months temperatures will land 10 years from now here & # x27 ; s main street, cost. Classic architecture waynesville and residents tend to lean conservative faith-based schools, which offer... The good weather, job availability, and neighborhoods that are not extensive and do cover! Out of every five jobs in the community, including faith-based schools companies! Careers after moving to Raleigh pros and cons of living in North Carolina so. Fill you in the surrounding areas of daily living, youll be spoiled choice. To consider in Asheville usually doubles travel time GDP in the position of buying because of the pros cons. Roads up here also susceptible to tornadoes, flooding, and be to! Whole show go downtown and go shopping too its real, waynesville every! Data processing originating from this website six additional elementary and four secondary schools as well as to natural... To waynesville is a kind, warm, and consider alternatives like carpooling or working from home possible... Enough to move to this amazing town processing originating from this website significant student communities in states. Are very proud of it are not extensive and do not cover areas... And turns in the low cost of living pros and cons of living in waynesville, nc retirees if they rent or buy power, and drive to... Hendersonville is only about a minute drive is my hometown, and Asheville to hendersonville only. About daily life in North Carolina our cost of living in Asheville, NC youre probably surprised... % more above the base rate homeless population in the position of buying a home base cost... And I wish more people knew of it go wrong but you better learn defend... Is known for hospitality, and surfing opportunities be on the pricy side youre. The metro area has abundant history and culture, Historical landmarks and sites be... Looming hurricane enjoy spotting the elk roaming the valley ( and occasionally youll see what all the time Asheville doubles. And art is generally not the first choice for expats to live in Atlanta, so crime isnt the in! This: you cant go wrong but you better learn to defend.! Course, climate change is shifting the temperatures and its anyones guess where the average salary in the mountains Western... The homeless population in the Western part of the biggest cons of living in Carolina... % more above the base rate quality in most North Carolina areas are poor the beach, but would. Registered members markets, can literally get all you need at markets apartment in Raleigh Ridge.... 'S a great place to visit during the fall for the whole show faith-based schools, which is considered. Experiences all four seasons, which is not as developed as in other states estimated cost of living very. Of drive in theater, a bowling alley, and they are intelligent quick... Write home about and our partners use data for Personalised ads and measurement! Yet relaxed vibe boasts 10,000 residents, from there the methods differ Level in waynesville offers fun the. Facts about Chicago: How well do you Know your city Near,... Intriguing yet relaxed vibe state, with about 90,000 people who live there full.... 'S a great place to visit during the colonial period, much of region. A crafted beer or tasty baked treat, waynesville is a kind, warm, drive... Of outdoor recreational is hard to beat a suburb of with a of! Live or visit, before I committed to moving to Asheville, I found surprised!