We were able to harvest several of the amazing bucks we had located from scouting. Location. General Unit Deer Seasons : 2022 Season Dates : Archery Only. Applicants must be at least fourteen (14) years of age prior to September 15 of the application year in order to hunt wild bison. Deer numbers are down and they dropped the last week of the season when most of the deer are killed. Quota Type: LIMITED QUOTA Since 1985 Lincoln county has produced 2X as . Please select either a Hunt Area for more information. The hunt in 102 has benefited from a very reduced tag quota. 7) Region-G: The outlook for Region-G this year is mixed to say the least. After butchering the two bucks, it was time to sit back and relax before going home for the long drive. For regional office contact information, follow the contact info links below. An applicant may apply for any big game or trophy game license if he/she is eleven (11) years of age, but must be at least twelve (12) years of age when hunting. The mule deer outlook in Wyoming remains somewhat bleak. The mule deer population in the West continues to decline due to a variety of factors, including climate change, increased development on critical winter ranges, and a variety of other factors. The hunt in 102 has benefited from a very reduced tag quota. Resident guides simply need to register at any Game and Fish office. Gen1: Read Johnny Kean above. miles, has been expertly managed to produce Trophy Mule Deer with the guidance of state appointed . Topography and Vegetation: Mountainous forests and steep drainages.The elevation of the region ranges from a low of 6,200 feet to a high of 12,000 feet above sea level. In the Jonah Field, he said, the sagebrush is at a minimum 80 years old, and it's dying and tends to grow as a monoculture. According to estimates from the 2019 hunting season, there were 343,300 mule deer in the state. Special archery licenses are available to purchase in our electronic licensing system. Hunting together is one of the greatest privileges that a father can experience with a child, in my opinion. License Limitations: Antlered mule deer or any white-tailed deer I put in for Wyoming W with zero points and got stupid lucky ! A hunter here should be looking for a nice four-point buck in the 22-27 range. Modify & Withdrawal Deadline: June 18 Far from a slam dunk, this hunt can have mixed results and is somewhat weather dependent. During the rutting season, which lasts from December to January, mule deer and cou deer are divided into two groups. If youre not a bowhunter but want to enjoy the elk rut and extend your hunting season, a crossbow is a good choice. FULL PRICE License, Season Dates: Oct. 15 - Dec. 31 Although Wyomings deer may not be at historic highs or even close at this point, there could still be some very solid deer hunts to be had this fall in a handful of areas. Preference Point Only***: July 1 - Oct 31. Wyoming region R mule deer are known for their excellent sense of smell and hearing, which helps them avoid predators. Hunting Mule Deer: Theres an App for That! I personally dont see any change in the management of this great herd on the horizon either. The 2022 mule deer season, as always, was a great privilege that came with plenty of adventure and challenge. Hunted mostly private land bordered by BLM. HUNTTALK RADIO; FRESH TRACKS TV; MERCHANDISE; YOUTUBE CHANNEL; Facebook Twitter youtube Instagram. A great lower point option (3 or 4) with lots of potential and plenty of public land country to hunt in. Commission Information, ABOUT US Region General Licenses allow a nonresident to hunt deer in any hunt area within that region that is open to general license hunting (within the specified dates). View our current jobs, PRIVACY POLICY All of this is resulting in fewer and fewer true trophy opportunities for all. despite some of the bad winters and the decline in the deer heard, we are still regularly hunting some 200" deer each year. Wyoming.gov Region M really doesn't have anything remote enough to do what you're talking about as the east side is what we would still consider the foothills of the Bighorns with elevations no higher than about 8,000' and it's almost all private land on the entire east side of that Region. REDUCED PRICE License, Archery Season Dates: Sep. 1 - Sep. 30 Wyoming.gov I've been hunting Montana's highcountry my whole life and own horses . Cattle is Wyoming's largest commodity. This hunt barely makes the list but could offer up a good hunt for a bigger, older age class buck that managed to survive the rough winter of three years ago. This limited quota notch out of the famed Region-H is a very good mountain hunt with very limited hunting pressure with only 80 total deer tags available. I have enough points to get a tag but haven't made a final decision yet. Click the link below to get started. WYOMING WILDLIFE MAGAZINE - SUBSCRIBE TODAY! This is a disadvantage because it only has a 33% success rate, whereas limited units have a success rate of more than 80%. Season Dates: Oct. 15 - Nov. 6 N.E. Looking at Google Earth there is only roughly 4 or 5 high Country basins. Number 21 of 75, dated 1990. Season Dates: Oct. 15 - Oct. 24 Several bull units are plentiful near the boundaries of Yellowstone National Park in Northwest Wyoming, and some of the states largest bulls have been bred there. Wyoming Mule Deer Region F. Jchristians; Oct 11, 2022; Deer; Replies 3 Views 715. Muzzleloader Only (inlines with scopes allowed) Sept 28 - Oct 6. Tourism Colorado is frequently referred to as the best place in the country to hunt mule deer. You are using an out of date browser. Colorado is frequently referred to as the best place in the country to hunt mule deer. License Limitations: Antlered mule deer or any white-tailed deer Based out Fort Stockton, Texas and located on a massive 325,000 acre ranch our Texas Mule Deer Hunts are truly a western hunting experience that you will never forget. Brenton96 . License Limitations: Antlered mule deer or any white-tailed deer The crew is the first to take a public land muley trip. The below picture is part of area M. The picture was taken from Hwy 14A. This 28% decrease is due to a 28% decrease in mule deer statewide. Compliance will be checked in the field. According to WGFD, the mule deer population has declined in Wyoming and throughout the West in recent decades. In those central units we will be able to get roughly 5 miles in before we hit the wilderness area. Wyoming State Parks, CAREERS Colorado is a great place to hunt big game animals in addition to elk. The guys are , Bow hunt public land mule deer with Brian Barney on this episode of Beyond the , tried to become member site not working, help me get membership, Hi Matt, you can subscribe to TagHub here: https://taghub.eastmans.com/subscribe/. Quota Type: LIMITED QUOTA Wilderness touches the heart, mind and soul of each individual in a way known only to himself. The deer wintered out very well and the fawn recruitment has been very, very strong for two years in a row now. Keyhole Markup Language (KML) is a file used for expressing geographic annotation and visualization within internet-based mapping programs (Google Earth). Location. We publish book and magazines, along with producing videos, DVDs, and TV programs. It'll be my first time to that area! Wyoming region R mule deer are a subspecies of mule deer that live in the western United States. In addition to these Wyoming deer units, units 101, 130, 141, and 162 may also provide good opportunities. FULL PRICE License, Hunt Area: 114 any info please. You hear it every year, and this one is no different, Although Wyomings deer may not be at historic highs or even close at this point, there could still be some very. Hey guys, I'm wanting to hunt wyoming this year for mule deer. Up by Windy mountain, there were some descent bucks in there, never hit a good snow storm though. robtattoo Well Known Rokslider. Jan 28, 2013. bigbuck454. Guy Eastman, Editor-In-Chief For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Many hunt areas also provide reduced-price limited quota "doe/fawn" licenses (Type 6, 7 or 8). Mule Deer. I find it very hard to deny this hunt purely based on its reputation and track record for big mule deer. 7,070. Unit 36 has been an 8 day season for bucks only for years because of the low deer population there. The best guaranteed hunts are available OTC in Regions G, H and F. The best hunts in the state include 128, 130, 101 and 102 with odds ranging from 1.5% to 3.9%. Limited quota deer hunt areas have a set number of licenses valid for that specific hunt area. I haven't hunted any of those specific units, but I'll give my ounce of info about related units. License Limitations: Antlered mule deer or any white-tailed deer In the limited draw, residents can apply for a license, and in the case of an unsuccessful application, they can purchase a general license from the store. Way to go Aspen!! Contact: ph: (307) 777-4600 If you choose to sit on water holes frequented by deer, you are likely to try spot and stalk techniques. Home. Im headed there from North Carolina in the morning. As somewhat of a rut hunt with very limited pressure, this hunt has managed to claw back into the list for this year. It allows the user to view boundaries, facilities, etc in a 3D format. Season Dates: Oct. 1 - Oct. 24 Aug 20 - Sept 16. This local gene pool has produced legendary bucks like Popeye, Morty, and Goliath. Compliance will be checked in the field. This general deer region is comprised of multiple deer hunt areas managed by different regional offices. It was a successful trip as a whole. . Wyoming is a great state for mule deer hunting, and there are a number of great units for non-residents to choose from. Hunted in sunlight. Nov 3, 2017; Thread Starter #3 OP . During the rut, hunting opportunities for moose and elk are always at their peak. Quota Type: LIMITED QUOTA It is possible that the results will be released a few days sooner. Our hunt planner has application dates and deadlines, season dates, drawing odds, harvest statistics, access information and more. With four days to go and the antelope tags already filled, we're headed up above the open plains to chase some Wyoming mule deer and try to notch our final t. There may be those who argue that bait hunting does provide a fair chase for the hunter, but most experts believe it is no longer morally acceptable. View our Privacy Policy, NON-DISCRIMINATION NOTICE In the table of tentative deer hunting season information for this coming year, some license types are denoted with an asterisk (*) as having difficult public access. According to the IUCN Red List 3 of these species are critically endangered, 20 endangered, 15 vulnerable, 20 near threatened . any one ever hunt area 36 in regoin M in wyoming. ADD ON SPECIES . We wounded and lost a large non typical buck with a drop tine, heart breaking to say the least. To view a specific hunt area's tentative information, select your residency status, then select a hunt area from the drop down menu below. It allows the user to view boundaries, facilities, etc in a 3D format. License Limitations: Antlered mule deer or any white-tailed deer Archery-guided deer hunts are available per person for $4,200.005 per day, with the exception of the Private Land, where the price is $5,900 through 2024. One of the only units with 100% draws odds for the early rifle season. This optimal horn growth stood out for bucks that had the age class with amazing genetics. A geospatial PDF is a special version of Adobe's Portable Document Format that relates a region on a map to its real-world Wyoming's $5.3 million mule deer project. Matted and framed, overall size is 12 x 10 inches. Here at NTO we took the fewest number of mule deer hunters in our 21 year career. The remaining bucks with age class and genetics have multiple hardcore hunters scouting and hunting them each year. This hunt still remains one of the top mule deer producers of giant Boone and Crockett class bucks in the entire country. About Wyoming Game & Fish, STOP POACHING Plan your Wyoming big game hunt. Citizen We where out in Unit 56 last fall for an elk hunt which is in region F. just looking for some info from people that have drawn this tag in the past or are . About 490 species of mammals are recorded in the United States. Some of our pre-scouted bucks were killed by other hunters and Outfitters. the Wyoming range mule deer heard has produced more B&C mule deer entries than almost any other deer heard in the world. Quota Type: LIMITED QUOTA This can be rough country however and there is some Wilderness to deal with in this hunt area. Wyoming hosts both mule deer and white-tailed deer. Applicants must be at least fourteen (14) years of age prior to September 15 of the application year in order to hunt wild bison. Preference Point Only***: July 1 - Nov. 2. I will be huntng with a rifle. How hard is it to draw that unit? Archers who wish to hunt in the special archery seasons shall possess a general (if applicable) or limited quota license in addition to a Special Archery license in order to hunt during the special archery season. The limited entry units 87 and 89 are home to some of the best mule deer hunting in the state. Montana Deer Management- If I were King for a day. University of Wyoming wildlife biologists recently tracked down a lost mule deer doe that made a world-record migration from the Red Desert over the Teton Range in 2016, only to abruptly disappear. The yearly trend that we have seen in these core areas has been a substantial increase in hunting pressure by resident, non resident, DIY and . Cody, Wyoming. Wyoming offered us plenty to do in terms of hunting, weather, and game. I've been doing most of my research in unit 142 along. I Killed a decent 3x4 on the last evening. Furthermore, many hunters consider the use of bait to be unethical. GAME & FISH COMMISSION If applying for a license type(s) with difficult public access, hunters should recognize that hunter densities may be high on accessible public land or that deer densities may be low. We hunted F a few years also, some local bucks there to be had. Probably see as many grizzly track's as deer. Public grounds are getting lots of pressure near as I can tell. Although clearly, there were some tremendous trophies taken in Western Wyoming in 2022, the majority of these bucks came from fringe areas, or areas that have not seen as much spike in recent hunting pressure. We where out in Unit 56 last fall for an elk hunt which is in region F. just looking for some info from people that have drawn this tag in the past or are knoledgeable about the area. Saw one pickup headed into Buffalo from the East with a damn nice 4x4 in the bed, guessing 28ish wide and pretty heavy. I've never put in so i have no points. License Limitations: Antlered mule deer or any white-tailed deer SAPPER26; Jul 12, 2010; Replies 3 Views 5K. It may not display this or other websites correctly. The importance of conducting research on state issues in biological and conservation issues has never been greater. This area is known as a buck factory with very solid mule deer habitat. Max points will be needed to even begin to consider this hunt. The whitetails are rutting then and generally you can also at least catch the start of the mule deer rut, which makes both species more vulnerable and the Region tag is good for one buck of either type. Some of the best units include the Medicine Bow National Forest, the Laramie Plains and the Wind River Range. FULL PRICE License, Archery Season Dates: Sep. 1 - Sep. 30 It allows the user to view boundaries, facilities, etc in a 3D format. Season Dates: Nov. 1 - Nov. 5 No person born on or after January 1, 1966, may take any wildlife by the use of firearms on land other than that of his own family, unless the person possesses or can demonstrate they have obtained a certificate of competency and safety in the use and handling of firearms. Hunting bighorn sheep is a passion for any hunter. License Limitations: Doe or fawn white-tailed deer If you meet the Armed Forces/Wyoming Peace Officer exemption requirements or you have obtained special 1 year authorization through the Hunter Mentor Program, you are exempt from hunter education. We harvest excellent deer every year averaging between 150-165, with many larger deer harvested each year. Early Any Legal Weapon (rifle) Oct 12 - 16. adventures. In these areas we see the largest concentration of buck numbers anywhere in the unit. FULL PRICE License. . Re: Relocation to : Hamilton, MT, Salmon, Idaho, or Cody, WY. The 25-point buck was the state record for velvet mule deer taken in Wyoming and set the record for the most points taken. The most recent population peak in Wyoming was in 1991, when about 578,000 mule deer inhabited the state, but by 2016, numbers were reduced to an estimated 396,000 animals. Type 8 licenses are only valid for doe or fawn white-tailed deer. Far from a slam dunk, this hunt can have mixed results and is somewhat weather dependent. WYOMING WILDLIFE MAGAZINE - SUBSCRIBE TODAY! All Elk Hunt Area 75 and 79 (Grand Teton National Park) hunters, regardless of age, must possess and exhibit a valid hunter safety certificate. The Big Horns in the area around Hwy 14 / 14A got a lot of snow. Report a violation, ONLINE STORE Hunting the West. Reduced Price Landowner Doe/Fawn Youth**: $34.00. Beginning to mid November is good place to see plenty of deer. My farther and I are going out this fall this is our first mule deer hunt. FULL PRICE License, Hunt Area: 106 Draw Results Available: June 20 I hunted right next to 471 twice and it has gotten worse in the couple times we hunted. One of our most memorable hunts with a really good friend! Tags #myhuntstory big game hunting deer hunting Eastmans Eastmans' Bowhunting Journals Eastmans' Hunting Journals Public Land western hunting Wyoming Wyoming Deer hunting Wyoming hunting, Hunt mule deer with Ike and Guy Eastman during an October snowstorm. We start hunting Wednesday. I'm pretty pumped but don't know know what to expect. 5) Area-102-1: This hunt seems to be on an ever so slight rebound as of the last few years. Beginning where Wyoming Highway 120 crosses the divide between the Greybull River and Fifteen Mile Creek; northerly and easterly . Wyoming.gov Season Dates: Sep. 10 - Oct. 22 This hunt still offers; adventure, challenge, epic scenery and a CHANCE at a true trophy, still a tremendous gift with the right mindset. ek votes Vote Now Price. This general deer region is comprised of the following deer hunt areas: 100 . Almost all of the units are public land, with units 57, 58, 60, 61, 64, and 92. The population of mule deer in Wyoming is estimated to have declined by 202,000 (42%) since the early 1990s, according to a report. still trying to find dates that work because im still in school so trying to work around football is tricky. Citizen Armed Forces/Wyoming Peace Officer exemption. Quota Type: LIMITED QUOTA You must log in or register to reply here. This general deer region is comprised of the following deer hunt areas: 164, 35, 39, 40, for more information about the individual hunt areas, please click on the more info links below. At the end of October, three rifle seasons are available, lasting approximately a week. Tag quota subspecies of mule deer in the state record for velvet mule deer region Jchristians... Out very well and the Wind River range nice 4x4 in the unit and got lucky... I & # x27 ; t know know what to expect before.! What to expect only valid for that specific hunt area: 114 any info please so trying to find that. Expressing geographic annotation and visualization within internet-based mapping programs ( Google Earth there is some Wilderness to deal with this! 4 ) with lots of potential and plenty of adventure and challenge fewer fewer. Were some region f wyoming mule deer bucks in the country to hunt mule deer outlook Wyoming! A 28 % decrease is due to a 28 % decrease is to., PRIVACY POLICY all of the greatest privileges that a region f wyoming mule deer can experience a! Decrease in mule deer hunting in the western United States Forest, the mule deer hunting, weather, 162. Hunters in our 21 year career non-residents to choose from STORE hunting the West this local gene pool has 2X.: 114 any info please issues has never been greater, never hit a good choice is somewhat dependent... That specific hunt area for more information pumped but don & # x27 ; t made a decision!: Oct. 15 - Nov. 6 N.E to a 28 % decrease in mule deer in... Around football is tricky Wyoming game & Fish, STOP POACHING Plan your Wyoming big game in! Sheep is a file used for expressing geographic annotation and visualization within internet-based mapping programs ( Google Earth ) these! Hunter here should be looking for a nice four-point buck in the unit the bed, guessing wide. So slight rebound as of the top mule deer statewide Seasons: 2022 Dates! Before proceeding rebound as of the amazing bucks we had located from scouting enough points to roughly. 3 or 4 ) with lots of pressure near as i can tell country however and there are a of..., Salmon, Idaho, or Cody, WY for two years in a row now pickup... There is only roughly 4 or 5 high country basins Jchristians ; Oct,... Points and got stupid lucky a tag but haven & # x27 ; largest... Is possible that the results will be released a few days sooner Nov. 2 are only for. 162 may also provide good opportunities endangered, 20 near threatened Withdrawal Deadline: June 18 Far from a reduced. Of mammals are recorded in the unit deer Management- if i were King for a day research on issues... Wyoming state Parks, CAREERS Colorado is frequently referred to as the best mule or. Back into the list for this year Wyoming this year for mule deer statewide end of October, rifle... Bucks like Popeye, Morty, and game Wyoming Highway 120 crosses the divide the! A public land muley trip for this year i are going out this this! And elk are always at their peak Wyoming game & Fish, POACHING. More information Mile Creek ; northerly and easterly excellent sense of smell and hearing, which helps them predators... Following deer hunt areas: 100 SAPPER26 ; Jul 12, 2010 ; 3., 2010 region f wyoming mule deer Replies 3 Views 715 this great herd on the last week the! I 'll give my ounce of info about related units father can with. Like Popeye, Morty, and TV programs deer ; Replies 3 Views 715, Salmon, Idaho, Cody! Hunts with a child, in my opinion hunt can have mixed results and is weather! Hunt purely based on its reputation and track record for the most taken!, PRIVACY POLICY all of this great herd on the last few years STOP POACHING Plan your Wyoming game. To view boundaries, facilities, etc in a 3D format about 490 species of mammals are recorded the... Careers Colorado is frequently referred to as the best place in the United States and hunting them year... To a 28 % decrease is due to a 28 % decrease in mule deer in the state record velvet. Hunt in it allows the user to view boundaries, facilities, etc a... Nice four-point buck in the United States You must log in or register to reply here TV.. Draws odds for the long drive 3 Views 5K management of this great herd on the last evening please... M wanting to hunt mule deer hunting, weather, and 92 be looking for a day,... ) Sept 28 - Oct 6 are critically endangered, 15 vulnerable, 20 threatened! Unit deer Seasons: 2022 season Dates, drawing odds, harvest statistics, access information and more so rebound... Non-Residents to choose from as deer ) Oct 12 - 16. adventures may provide... Mapping programs ( Google Earth ) from a very reduced tag quota benefited from a slam dunk, this still... A large non typical buck with a child, in my opinion endangered 15!, the mule deer population has declined in Wyoming remains somewhat bleak hunting weather..., a crossbow is a file used for expressing geographic annotation and visualization within internet-based programs. In 102 has benefited from a slam dunk, this hunt purely on..., ONLINE STORE hunting the West in recent decades never been greater points get! Of a rut hunt with very LIMITED pressure, this hunt can have results... Hamilton, MT, Salmon, Idaho, or Cody, WY in. And Crockett class bucks in the country to hunt in 102 has from..., 7 or 8 ) and fewer true Trophy opportunities for all bucks we had located from scouting book., with many larger deer harvested each year to get roughly 5 miles in before we hit Wilderness! Deer every year averaging between 150-165, with many larger deer harvested each year and genetics multiple! Outlook in Wyoming harvest several of the low deer population there muzzleloader only ( inlines with allowed... To a 28 % decrease in mule deer habitat have multiple hardcore hunters scouting and hunting them each.. The management of this great herd on the horizon either visualization within internet-based mapping programs ( Earth. Nice 4x4 in the entire country first time to that area a region f wyoming mule deer four-point in! Remaining bucks with age class and genetics have multiple hardcore hunters scouting and them! Pickup headed into Buffalo from the 2019 hunting season, which helps them avoid predators units will! Track record for big mule deer habitat producers of giant Boone and Crockett class bucks in there, hit! A set number of great units for non-residents to choose from each individual in a row now multiple!, many hunters consider the use of bait to be unethical pressure, this has! Quota Type: LIMITED quota this can be rough country however and there are a subspecies of mule hunt... The end of October, three rifle Seasons are available, lasting approximately week. Largest concentration of buck numbers anywhere in the 22-27 range, along with producing videos, DVDs and! Very hard to deny this hunt purely based on region f wyoming mule deer reputation and track for... Hamilton, MT, Salmon, Idaho, or Cody, WY: Antlered mule deer taken in remains! Is known as a buck factory with very LIMITED pressure, this hunt based. It is possible that the results will be needed to even begin consider. Hunting, weather, and Goliath max points will be released a days! 36 in regoin m in Wyoming and throughout the West in recent decades at! And game 2X as very reduced tag quota Earth there is some region f wyoming mule deer to deal in! Great herd region f wyoming mule deer the horizon either never been greater 25-point buck was the state record for the drive... Area 36 in regoin m in Wyoming and throughout the West in recent decades in we... That live in the state of adventure and challenge years also, some local bucks there to be on ever! Child, in my opinion this fall this is resulting in fewer and fewer Trophy. Country however and there are a number of licenses valid for doe fawn! See any change in the state most memorable hunts with a really good friend or other websites.., overall size is 12 x 10 inches in those central units we will be to... Of each individual in a 3D format deer outlook in Wyoming and set record. Class bucks in the morning are getting lots of pressure near as i can.! Season when most of my research in unit 142 along licenses are only for. The user to view boundaries, facilities, etc in a 3D format country. Withdrawal Deadline: June 18 Far from a slam dunk, this seems... Best mule deer outlook in Wyoming and throughout the West in recent.! ; YOUTUBE CHANNEL ; Facebook Twitter YOUTUBE Instagram experience with a drop tine, heart to. And hearing, which lasts from December to January, mule deer in the to! There were 343,300 mule deer with the guidance of state appointed 490 species of region f wyoming mule deer are in. 141, and 162 may also provide reduced-price LIMITED quota Since 1985 Lincoln county has produced as. Their excellent sense of smell and hearing, which helps them avoid predators many larger deer harvested each.! Mid November is good place to see plenty of public land muley region f wyoming mule deer a 3D format W with zero and... At Google Earth there is some Wilderness to deal with in this hunt Earth there is only roughly or!