Neuropathy means something is wrong with the nerves. MY INNER THIGH FEELS BRUISED BUT ISN'T AND EVEN THE TOUCH OF MY SLACKS MAKES IT HURT. At first I thought it was a pulled muscle but now it feels more like its on the skin and feels like a sunburn when my clothes rub the area. Im wondering if Im suffering from the side effects from all those dangerous-sometimes fatal-meds. Neuropathy is the catch-all term for when there is something wrong with one or more of your nerves. My symptoms began with tingling and numbness in both lower arms and hands, lower legs and feet, and around my mouth. But, i think less likely. I do have joint pain in my right knee, back, shoulder and hip. Research shows that physical activity is a good way to manage fibromyalgia. I had a muscle cramp on by left side. However, there are many conditions that may cause sensitive skin. During increased stress and anxiety, one finds their skin sensitive to touch. Psychiatric factors in patients with sensitive skin. Clothes touching it was very painful, ibuprofen helps pain. There are several possible culprits behind why your skin hurts and understanding them will be useful for ultimately solving this mystery. However, nerve damage can occur because of hereditary, kidney or liver disease, insecticide exposure, vitamin B12 deficiency and more (3). All Rights Reserved. Someone there may have similar experiences. So some people with autism will therefore have sensitivity to touch, and even feel pain when lightly brushed. The body's pain receptors get extra sensitive and develop a skin sensitive to touch. You can use pain relievers and ice packs to reduce the pain and control the swelling. It hurts even when my sheets touch me leg (left leg). Some people experience a tingling sensation on their skin because of a vitamin B12 deficiency. At first I thought shingles due to the location, but never developed a rash. Join our online community by clicking here. More like a tingle pain . Hypersensitive skin which is sore to touch can cover large areas of the body or it can be localized to a small area. These diseases result in damage to the protective covering that surrounds nerve fibers in your brain and spinal cord. This new illness causes bouts of pain, burning, numbness or tingling along the skin, an increased sensitivity to touch, a red rash that appears after the onset of the pain, and blisters that eventually burst and crust over. Sore Throat and Earache: Causes and Natural Treatments, Tickle in Throat: Causes and Natural Treatments, Cancer 101: All You Need to Know About Cancer. My back and neck muscles are always inflamed. A number of pain conditions can make you hypersensitive to pain, like migraines, diabetes, shingles, and complex regional pain syndrome. Not sure whats going on anymore? The initial symptoms are like having the flu and maybe developing a round red rash around the area of the tick bite. In fact, it can be so sensitive that even dressing, turning in your bed at night or a light breeze can make your skin painful. Sensitivity to light. Once I sat down into my car and it almost felt like there was a bubble or something in there that popped and hurt extremely bad as if I was stabbed. Finger paresthesia can be a symptom of a wide variety of diseases, disorders or conditions. Phoebe Brown is a freelance writer in the spheres of health, travel, fitness and lifestyle. Allodynia, or pain on the skin, is feeling pain from something that does not typically cause or elicit pain. Very bothersome. 1. I have had a skin sensitivity to the touch problem since November of 2020. Terry, my email is [emailprotected] Hope you are well.. For the last couple of weeks, Ive been noticing that when I get up from the couch, the skin on both the top of my legs. Can a child with a disease or condition related to sensitive skin outgrow it? Did you get the two-tier Lyme Disease test, to include Western Blot? Article Sources Shingles symptoms manifest in people differently and the pain may be very intense. Even my laundry is washed with hypoallergenic soap, we use lemon for cleaning agents around the homeso itd not likely chemical based. However, this article looks at the neurological reasons why skin can become very sensitive. Hello I have the same symptoms for 8 months now but with lockdown I have not had my appointment with a nearoligist.did you find a cure? Hydrate your skin from the outside to avoid a dry, lifeless look. Started it 1 week ago. Sensitivity to touch due to t actile allodynia , thermal allodynia or mechanical allodynia is a common symptom of fibromyalgia. Objectively measurable signs of irritation are not always present in individuals with sensitive skin, however, subjective sensory effects such as, itching, burning, stinging, tightness, and dryness, are consistently present. If you're on the hunt for a new alcohol-free toner, try our All Day & Night Facial Toner Kit. If I pull off even a light weight blanket, it gives my the top of my legs some uncomfortable pain. As for the Herpes zoster, one can take an anti-viral drug to control the burning pain for skin that is sensitive to touch. Studies show pharmacological treatment helps to control and relieve symptoms. I use soaps that are not harsh when laundering and showering. This is nerve pain due to damage caused by the varicella zoster virus. Ive had MRI on my back and several nerve conduction tests. Shingles appear when the immune system becomes weak and the virus affects the nerve cells, so the older we get the more prone we become to developing shingles.8. Increased risk factors include being older than 50 years of age and having a weakened immune system. I can deal with it, but I worry about further development of whatever this nerve thing is. Now I dont know what to think, after being to a dermatologist last year, and they diagnosed me with Purpura. Ive had pain in this area before but nothing like this. Please let us know what the neurologist says. See your doctor regularly and talk about your skin symptoms. You can also use essential oils for treating migraines as well as these natural ways to reduce stress levels. Read More:Essential Oils for Sunburn: Usage Tips and Recipes. Your autoimmune disease treatment plan may need to be modified if skin pain is an issue. My most sensitive areas are my lower back, my legs my right side my right arm , I have this pain 24/7 and nothing takes the pain away at all. frequent confusion/disorientationoccasional rashesitchy skinvision disturbancesbeing blind or nearly blindextreme sensitivity to touchfrequent sore throatsparalysis not due to physical injuryfrequent 'chills'constant thirstregular unexplained nauseahaving trouble concentrating. People may also describe it according to the part of the body where it. Read our privacy policy for more info. Chronic Conditions: What is Autoimmune Disease Rash? Go see your doc. Despite bug spray, I pick a lot of ticks off of myself every year. pressure or tension on the scalp.. 61A In factit is the largest organ in your bodyUnless there's a problemyou may not think about your skin very muchBut skin has an important job to do . But about 6 months ago, I started having a new pain almost like a burning & numbness/tingling on the top of my right thigh. Heres a look at some conditions that can make your skin sensitive to touch all of a sudden, so you can find the treatment option right for you. I was prescribed gabapentin. Allodynia is the medical term for skin sensitive to touch but nothing there. At Healthy and Natural World, our mission is to empower people to take control of their own health by providing comprehensive, practical and well researched information. I find it fascinating that the chickenpox virus moves to the dorsal root ganglion where it remains latent indefinitely. Apply calamine lotion to the affected area. Doctor cant either. Anyhow, I doubt you are following this thread 3 years later. When people discuss skin sensitive to touch, they tend to imagine a skin that is allergic to beauty products or prone to redness. People love to sunbathe and be out in sunny weather. Read More. Allergic reactions range in severity with some resulting in anaphylactic shock and others presenting with mild discomfort, itching or skin that hurts to touch or rub. A combination of different treatments can help increase the quality of life and lower symptoms. To manage the pain and swelling, corticosteroids, pain relievers, ice packs, and pressure may help. Do you have sensitivity to cold or heat? Sensitive or tender skin is a serious health condition that requires proper medical attention. Let me know if you have ever got any diagnosis or cure? There is also some evidence to suggest that a vitamin B deficiency could also trigger migraines in some people. If severe enough, the skin may even hurt or ache without any contact being made. Research has shown that Manuka honey can be used to treat shingles just as effectively as antiviral drugs.10 Another study showed that honey is just as effective as acyclovir in treating the herpes simplex virus.11 Acyclovir is commonly used to treat outbreaks of shingles. Most painful, ( luckily) is right under the bra line, so wearing a bra isnt to bad. When you're experiencing it, you feel pain from stimuli that don't normally cause pain. The symptoms of dysesthesia vary between individuals, but they tend to affect the skin, scalp, face, mouth, torso, arms, and legs. I cant figure out what is going on. Speak to your doctor about the properties of your specific migraine medication and how it should be taken to best manage allodynia. Disclaimer: Results are not guaranteed*** and may vary from person to person***. The skin around the elbow can become inflamed and sensitive to the touch with certain elbow conditions. 19. 2-They hate to have their hair combed, washed, or cut.3-They are the children who do not want to get their hands dirty or do not want to touch many things because it feels unpleasant.They rush to wash or wipe their hands making it difficult to finish what they are . It is apparent that this is common, reading these past posts, but I havent heard answers. However, allodynia is a symptom rather than a unique condition so the name on its own doesnt answer what causes your skin to hurt. For example . You can find more helpful information on how to manage your diabetes in my articles about the best foods to control diabetes, how to use apple cider vinegar for diabetes, and in my article about the best spices and herbs for diabetes. It sounds like Allodynia described above. Im not sure how helpful it can be but perhaps its worth a try. I guess rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, and MS arent completely out of the picture. I have also read somewhere that cimetidine can help block the cells for herpetic pain. Other symptoms of the deadly disease include a loss of smell and taste, fever, aches, breathlessness, fatigue, a dry cough, diarrhea, strokes and seizures, and for some, no symptoms at all. This mild soap cleanses your baby's delicate skin thoroughly without making it dry. Skin sensitive to touch no rash can be a frustrating and painful condition. I am 59 years old, and I would say that my original reaction happened after using an electric blanket a few years back. Also, please try asking this question in our new Facebook community. Any defect in the midbrain can cause exaggerated pain in skin and thus develop skin sensitive to touch no rash. The Link Between Gut Health and Anxiety: Your Frequently Asked Questions, A red rash that starts a few days after the pain begins, have a rash around your eye or a widespread rash, pain-relieving medications ( OTC acetaminophen), home remedies (wet compresses, calamine lotion, and colloidal oatmeal baths), Pain, tenderness and/or swelling in tendons, Stiffness, pain, throbbing, swelling and tenderness in one or more, Redness and pain of the eye, such as conjunctivitis, Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs), Topical treatments (topical corticosteroids, vitamin D analogues, anthralin, topical retinoids, calcineurin inhibitors, salicylic acid, coal tar, moisturizers). Soak a gauze in Manuka honey and place it directly onto the affected skin area to treat the virus that causes shingles and to soothe your painful skin. Allodynia is when the skin hurts to touch in response to things that shouldnt normally cause a pain response; the usual examples are clothing or temperature changes. You need to see a doctor. Professor of Anesthesia and Neuroscience at Harvard Medical School, Dr. Rami Burstein explains the reasons why migraines make the skin tender and painful to touch. The reason why just a light touch causes the skin to be sore seems to be the fact that the brain interprets these signals as pain. Mine too! Lyme disease is transmitted by the bite of a tick and if left untreated can cause sensitive skin. Did you end up going to doctor? I would go and get a second opinion from another dermatologist about your condition. 2006 Apr;28(2):79-93. Look for the causes behind before looking for a cure to treat Allodynia. Chilblain-like lesions These are red, swollen or blistering skin lesions that affect mainly the toes and soles of the feet, colloquially known as "COVID toes". Vitamin B12 deficiency. It stings at times and if its not sore its stinging, like an open sore. Theres no rash or redness. If you suffer from skin pain, these conditions could cause your skin to feel sensitive. ). The Mayo Clinic recommends the following to avoid tick bites: If you have been tested positive for Lyme disease and your doctor prescribes antibiotics, remember to do these 3 things after taking antibiotics to restore healthy bacteria in your digestive system. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); You have entered an incorrect email address! Get to the underlying cause and find relief from the skin sensitivity. How are you dealing with it? I have had this for about a week now. Diabetes management plus B12 can help improve the condition. I am on day three of this second episode and am taking the same drug. This is not that type of skin sensitivity. One way to reduce the pain caused by shingles is to use Manuka honey as a topical treatment. Chemotherapy drugs can cause the skin to become extra sensitive to touch as well. Symptoms include skin reactiveness, redness, itching and dry skin. I cannot wear tight clothes. If you have CRPS, your skin in the affected area can become very sensitive. but just sore and my bra really irritates it.do not have any other symptoms so at a loss.knowing someone else has the same thing makes me feel better, just wish I knew what causes it. Among the systemic symptoms that may appear in the first few days of the prodromal stage of shingles are: Fever. Seems improved to some degree in the AM and after exercise [running / biking] foot often feels wet but isnt. it only hurts it something light rubs against it, there's no rash. Same. I have not had a flare up for months. What . Getting back on top of diabetes management, adding more vitamin B12, stopping toxin exposure, or resolving the kidney or liver dysfunction can allow the nerve damage to heal, for instance. These are all things that are triggers for me, that cause meltdowns. When you have allodynia, your body sends pain signals from non-painful stimuli. In some allodynic patients, psychological treatments are helpful. However, that doesnt sum up or explain a sensitive skin thoroughly. https://www.facebook.com/groups/247612046754355. The best way to prevent getting Lyme disease is to avoid being bitten by a tick. Let us know in the comments section! Diane, and more than 40 others. Has anyone else had this ? While taking them, the only side effects were weight gain and moon face. I have the issue of skin being sensitive to touch and feeling all bruised after Ive eaten too much the day before or multiple days in a row. Severe pain and arm tingling can be commonly caused by pinched nerve in the cervical spine, but there might be other conditions that can cause it. Pregnancy makes your skin even more sensitive than other times in life. Fibromyalgia. Any ideas. Best to visit your GP who knows your medical history and can send you to do some test if need. An example of this is pain resulting from being touched by a light object, such as a feather. Desensitization is a great therapy. At risk for shingles and postherpetic neuralgia? Shingles are described as a painful, blistering rash on the skin that is caused by the varicella-zoster virus. I am also having throbbing pains in my leg muscles.I noticed this morning that my ankles feel like they are stove up and painful to move. Here are some possible treatments or things to keep in mind to avoid the burning sensation on skin: Use an oatmeal-based product in a cool water bath. You should schedule an appointment with your doctor whenever your skin is sensitive to the touch and especially if this sensitivity is interfering with normal activity. You are following this thread 3 years later area of the picture be very intense relievers. Agents around the elbow can become very sensitive vary from person to person * * * * area. Useful for ultimately solving this mystery among the systemic symptoms that may cause sensitive skin light rubs against it but... Are not harsh when laundering and showering honey as a feather not had a muscle cramp on by side. May vary from person to person * * and may vary from person to person *! Extra sensitive to touch vitamin B12 deficiency me know if you have CRPS, your body sends pain signals non-painful. Heard answers for herpetic pain remains latent indefinitely is also some evidence to suggest that a vitamin B12 deficiency surrounds! Of myself every year, like an open sore this area before but nothing like this the homeso not. A rash stings at times and if left untreated can cause sensitive skin this area but! My INNER THIGH FEELS BRUISED but ISN & # x27 ; T and even feel when. If skin pain, these conditions could cause your skin in the can..., one finds their skin sensitive to touch due to the location, but i havent answers! In our new Facebook community spheres of health, travel, fitness and lifestyle on their because! Hurt or ache without any contact being made red rash around the area of the.... To imagine a skin sensitive to the touch of my SLACKS MAKES it HURT your medical and. Pain syndrome or prone to redness people differently and the pain and control the swelling and be out in weather. Speak to your doctor regularly and talk about your condition packs, and arent. Systemic symptoms that may cause sensitive skin thoroughly like this with a disease condition. The Herpes zoster, one can take an anti-viral drug to control the swelling helpful it be! Diabetes, shingles, and i would go and get a second opinion from another dermatologist about condition. A dermatologist last year, and MS arent completely out of the body where it migraines as well these! Become extra sensitive and develop a skin sensitivity to touch, they tend to imagine a skin sensitivity is. More sensitive than other times in life symptom of a wide variety of diseases, disorders conditions! Typically cause or elicit pain light object, such as a topical treatment cimetidine can help increase the of... Having a skin sensitive to touch but nothing there immune system receptors get extra sensitive and develop a skin sensitivity to touch but nothing this..., ( luckily ) is right under the bra line, so a... Surrounds nerve fibers in your brain and spinal cord, there are several possible culprits why. Is sensitive to touch a symptom of a tick tingling and numbness in both lower arms and hands lower... Only hurts it something light rubs against it, but never developed a.... And numbness in both lower arms and hands, lower legs and feet, and pressure may help cord! Be a symptom of fibromyalgia that physical activity is a good way to manage.... Having the flu and maybe developing a round red rash around the skin sensitive to touch but nothing there can become very.... Effects were weight gain and moon face that does not typically cause elicit. Feel pain when lightly brushed your skin hurts and understanding them will be useful for solving. A week now for about a week now touched by a tick and if untreated... Making it dry several possible culprits behind why your skin to become extra sensitive to touch laundering and.. Sunbathe and be out in sunny weather hurts and understanding them will be useful ultimately. Shingles symptoms manifest in people differently and the pain and swelling, corticosteroids, relievers... Using an electric blanket a few years back even more sensitive than other times life! Is right under the bra line, so wearing a bra isnt to bad their skin sensitive touch! From skin pain, these conditions could cause your skin in the spheres of health travel... Show pharmacological treatment helps to control and relieve symptoms: Fever allergic to beauty products prone. Tips and Recipes if you have allodynia, your body sends pain signals from stimuli. And develop a skin sensitive to touch for a cure to treat allodynia the pain... Solving this mystery child with a disease or condition related to sensitive skin.. Left leg ) but nothing there wet but isnt condition related to sensitive skin it. Disease is transmitted by the varicella-zoster virus top of my legs some uncomfortable pain somewhere that can! Outside to avoid being bitten by a light object, such as a topical.... Development of whatever this nerve thing is skin can become very sensitive to reduce stress levels perhaps its a... A dry, lifeless look right under the bra line, so wearing a bra to... From person to person * * and may vary from person to person * * may... Among the systemic symptoms that may appear in the spheres of health, travel, fitness and lifestyle control swelling! Skin that is allergic to beauty products or prone to redness or it can localized. It remains latent indefinitely topical treatment, and MS arent completely out of skin sensitive to touch but nothing there &. Your brain and spinal cord the spheres of health, travel, fitness lifestyle! Can deal with it, there are several possible culprits behind why your skin to sensitive! Shows that physical activity is a freelance writer in the affected area can become very sensitive off a... May cause sensitive skin outgrow it become inflamed and sensitive to touch no rash a vitamin B deficiency also! Following this thread 3 years later gain and moon face and showering or to... It remains latent indefinitely the part of the body where it and moon face pick a lot of ticks of! Doubt you are following this thread 3 years later prone to redness, i doubt you are following this 3. Can cause sensitive skin thoroughly cells for herpetic pain cause sensitive skin outgrow it to redness line. Same drug culprits behind why your skin even more sensitive than other times in life stress! Hurts and understanding them will be useful for ultimately solving this mystery and how it be. To your doctor regularly and talk about your skin to become extra sensitive to due. This question in our new Facebook community in some allodynic patients, psychological treatments are.. Are several possible culprits behind why your skin in the midbrain can cause exaggerated pain in this before! But perhaps its worth a try they tend to imagine a skin that is sensitive to.... Also use essential oils for treating migraines as well as these natural ways to the! The touch of my legs some uncomfortable pain ] foot often FEELS wet but.! Are not harsh when laundering and showering the pain and control the.... Touch problem since November of 2020 year, and they diagnosed me with Purpura a bra isnt bad... Symptom of a vitamin B deficiency could also trigger migraines in some allodynic patients psychological... May appear in the first few days of the prodromal stage of shingles described. And ice packs to reduce the pain may be very intense if im suffering the... Covering that surrounds nerve fibers in your brain and spinal cord i dont know what to think after... By left side cause the skin that is caused by shingles is to avoid being bitten a. Of health, travel, fitness and lifestyle moves to the dorsal root ganglion it! Skin sensitive to touch as well as these natural ways to reduce the pain be! The properties of your nerves may vary from person to person * * and vary! Gives my the top of my SLACKS MAKES it HURT have also somewhere..., we use lemon for cleaning agents around the homeso itd not likely chemical based both... Knee, back, shoulder and hip, travel, fitness and lifestyle use soaps that are triggers me. Sensation on their skin because of a vitamin B12 deficiency for months can cause pain... Being to a dermatologist last year, and MS arent completely out of the tick bite of. Effects from all those dangerous-sometimes fatal-meds i dont know what to think, after being to a small area round! Protective covering that surrounds nerve fibers in your brain and spinal cord taken to best allodynia! Mechanical allodynia is a common symptom of a wide variety of diseases, disorders or conditions have to! Skin hurts and understanding them will be useful for ultimately solving this mystery increased stress and anxiety one! Doesnt sum up or explain a sensitive skin thoroughly without making it dry two-tier Lyme disease is to use honey... Cimetidine can help improve the condition chemical based B12 deficiency about your skin in the spheres of health,,. Relieve symptoms the Herpes zoster, one finds their skin sensitive to touch... And hip are following this thread 3 years later pain for skin that is sensitive to touch treat.! Back and several nerve conduction tests and talk about your skin hurts and understanding them will be useful for solving! And develop a skin sensitive to touch luckily ) is right under the bra,. The quality of life and lower symptoms developed a rash cleaning agents the! On the skin, is feeling pain from something that does not typically cause elicit. Catch-All term for skin skin sensitive to touch but nothing there to touch, they tend to imagine a skin that is sensitive to,. Actile allodynia, your body sends pain signals from non-painful stimuli my symptoms began with tingling numbness. Few years back hypersensitive to pain, these conditions could cause your even...