It does not store any personal data. Our attempts to reach Gregory have been unsuccessful. Trucke then detailed a laundry list of elements in the remodel that she felt were sloppily done to the contractor, and pointed out that the job took two weeks as opposed to the agreed-upon four days. The next issue of Your Midday Sun will soon be in your inbox. Police are looking into the incident to determine if it is a criminal or civil matter. We encountered an issue signing you up. The pair face burglary and criminal mischief charges, stemming from the video below. Amber Trucke went viral when she shared footage of her contractors destroying her bathroom over a pay dispute. 105 West Lincoln Street P.O. Is Preliminary Notice Required in My State? After several weeks of work for a customer, communication broke down at the end of a project, Cazares said in a statement to the station. Though there is no specific handyman license in Colorado, to do any sort of general contracting work, you must complete the paperwork and exams for a supervisor certificate, then submit the documents for your license and pay the fees. The roommate can be heard asking Gregory to stop before he fires back, Is somebody going to pay me? 'I needed to know of issues to fix, or have payment by the end of the day. Jordan Cazares currently lives in Las Vegas, NV; in the past Jordan has also lived in West Covina CA and El Monte CA. How much does it cost to renovate a house in Colorado? I went to McDonalds drive-thru for lunch but left with bags of cash instead, Biden, Harris photo-op with Warriors team takes awkward turn: 'I'm not doing that', Prince Harry roasted at Critics Choice Awards 2023, New Kids on the Blocks Jonathan Knight recalls pressure to hide sexuality, Britney Spears pokes fun at manic restaurant video: Best part was the pasta, Listen to chilling 911 call ahead of Lisa Marie Presleys cardiac arrest, Nick Sirianni's update on the status of Eagles' star QB Jalen Hurts, Dolly Parton Tells The View Shes Heartbroken for Close Friend Priscilla Presley Over Lisa Marie Presleys Death, Wife of 'Boy Meets World' star William Daniels details 'painful' 'open marriage'. How to File a Mechanics Lien: the Ultimate Step-by-step Guide for Any State, How Do Mechanics Liens Work? According to court records, Gregory and Cazares are wanted on charges of class three felony. Let me tell you something no contractor in the state of Colorado will fix that when they find out that I took it back because she refused to pay me.. A crazed Colorado contractor took a sledgehammer to the tiles and walls of a bathroom he had just finished remodeling because of a $4K payment dispute with the homeowner, a video shot by the client's neighbor shows. A welcome email is on its way. The woman had said she wasnt pleased with the work and wanted to inspect it further before forking over the remaining $4,225. Get free payment help from lawyers and experts. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) -- The video of the incident went viral around the country, but now two contractors have warrants out for their arrest after destroying a Colorado Springs woman's bathroom in September. ". Newsweek has contacted Amber Trucke for comment. Trucke has since posted videos of the unwanted demolition, screenshots of messages she exchanged with Cazares, and copies of invoices showing what she had paid so far. Morning Forecast Upgrade Fixtures and Appliances. Colorado law does not require a person to have a license to work on his or her own home, even when that work is plumbing or electrical. We are no longer accepting comments on this article. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. Video shows Gregory taking a sledgehammer to the tiles as the woman filming begs him to stop. 34 additional defendants charged with allegedly selling their federal food benefits for cash. Gregorys defense attorney acknowledged that Trucke suffered damage, but said they were sorry, he didnt get his walk-in shower.. They clearly did more than grab the materials they left behind, as Trucke smashed his way around the bathroom with a sledgehammer, destroying all the tiling. Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site! 23 hours, Trucke wrote on Facebook. But what exactly does that Lien waivers and lien releases are completely different documents (even though they are often confused by the construction industry). These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. Initially, Trucke asked to return from work, see the finished product, get receipts proving that the contractors had ordered a yet-uninstalled shower door and ensure that water would flow properly through the newly-installed plumbing before paying. However, most general contractor projects are regulated at the local level. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". 'More than happy. Bechtel United States of America Bechtel is the biggest construction company in the USA by far, and it also ranks as one of the largest in the world. Gregory then took a sledgehammer to the new tiling and shower wall installation. I wanted to be wowed and I wasnt wowed, Trucke said. Because of this and Gregorys previous guilty conviction of theft since 2010, the judge sentenced Gregory to 15 days in prison, which is scheduled to begin at 5 p.m. on October 19. We regret that this contract went sour. One of the most frustrating things about contract work is getting customers to pay quickly and without a fuss. Let's work something out," Trucke said. Here's where things currently stand: Jordan Cazares The female half of the unfortunately named Dream Home Remodels of Colorado was originally charged with felony criminal mischief and burglary. We did not enter the home with any intentions of damage to her property nor intimidating anyone present. "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die, a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted."Ecclesiastes3:1-3 Gregory Renier Jordan was born on October 7,1964,in Atlanta,Georgia,to the union of Mr..B.J.Jordan and Mrs..Ora Bell(Jordan)Bailey.He was raised by a great step-father,Mr.Rudolph Bailey. Trucke's neighbor asks Gregory repeatedly to cut it out:'I'm just asking you to stop - this is not your house to destroy.'. Amber grabbed her cell phone and began recording the man destroying every single tile on the walls as he . Terry Gregory of Dream Home Remodels can be seen swinging the giant sledgehammer, knocking the new tiling and installations from the shower's walls, while bellowing between bouts of demolition. The footage shared on Reddit shows the livid worker identified as Terry James Gregory, co-owner of Dream Home Remodels swinging the tool inside the home of Amber Trucke because she only. David is a product of the University of Georgia system and was a residency mate of Dr. Mididoddi. There was no displeasure expressed, and we proceeded to ask for payment on the project by the end of the day, she told KRDO. If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here. 'Payment was refused, and we ended up repossessing a tile shower. According to the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department, the business, Dream Home Remodels, is no longer active. Amber Trucke hired Terry James Gregory and Jordan Cazares of Dream Home Remodels of Colorado to renovate her shower. Screenshot of contractor with sledgehammer smashing bathroom tiling. Terry Gregory, 39, pleaded guilty to felony criminal mischief and causing damage greater than $1,000 back in July. The former customer says she didnt believe they were remorseful. How do I get a general contractors license in Colorado? Facebook, Contractor, And Jordan Cazares, Obituary, Singer, Jeannette Pa, Schreck, Colorado, Farm Bureau, lesser-known facts, and other informations. A contractor took a sledgehammer to a bathroom remodel after alleging he wasnt paid in full in a timely manner by the homeowner, and now public opinion is split after video of the destruction went viral. L&T Engineering & Construction Division (L&T ECC), Chennai. Colorado Springs Police tell KRDO that officers are seeking the pair, but that they've been informed of the warrants. Homeowners still have the right to pursue legal action and compensation for poor or substandard work. We have enabled email notificationsyou will now receive an email if you receive a reply to your comment, there is an update to a comment thread you follow or if a user you follow comments. Trucke told KKTV that she was waiting to pay the balance of the bill until she could inspect the rest of the work. 'It makes me sick, it makes me scared. Our Subcontractor, who we are contracted with, has a court case against them, and because of that my company was ordered to not release payment to them. However, the contractor had no intention of doing so. The indictment represents one of the largest federal food program frauds ever prosecuted, which fraud allegedly involved the . The woman again says she understands but the unhinged contractor continues to hammer at the tile, yelling, No, you f- dont!. No contractor in the state of Colorado will fix that when they find out that I took it back because she refused to pay me., Contractor destroyed his work over payment dispute ???????? It makes me sick, it makes me scared. C M. Wilmington, NC 0 36 10/15/2022 Watched the viral video, that contractor's behavior was not professional, he was in someone else's home destroying the work he did and was very intimidating to the person asking him to stop. KUDOS to the Contractor! 23 hours passed without Trucke paying. Gregory then spoke to the court, saying that he was remorseful and ashamed that he had let the tension take hold of him. In conclusion, from the moment when all permit application documents and drawings are ready to submit, were finding it takes about 4 months to get a building permit. Contests & Promotions, 2023, Pikes Peak Television, Inc. Colorado Springs, CO, USA. Construction Contracts: What Does Workmanlike Manner Mean? Let me tell you something. She told the homeowner that she had until that evening to pay up. Can You File a Mechanics Lien without a Preliminary Notice? Adding a Deck. Gregory has also been sentenced to 3 years of supervised probation and is required to attend moral correction therapy. But Gregory pushes back, claiming that the tile hasnt been paid for and therefore is his property, before returning to knocking it out with his sledgehammer. | Construction Industry Accounting. What should you not do in a kitchen remodel? Cazares and Gregory refused to oblige, so Trucke didnt want to pay. Sex-partying drywallers fired: Contractor, 'WORLD IS LAUGHING AT YOU': Brothers fined for wrecking late mothers home amid family feud, tap here to see other videos from our team. Around 9.30 am on Saturday, 23 hours after the contractor demanded payment, Cazares and Gregory came back to Trucke's apartment while she was at work, demolition equipment in hand. She still has thousands of dollars worth of my and Terry's work in her home that is unpaid for. There were several other projects included in the contract that she is also unwilling to pay for, including a vanity, mirror, light fixture, 2 ceiling fans, plumbing work, fixing rotten framing in her walls, and an exterior door replacement.". in September 2021Amber Trucke spoke with KRDO about an incident she had with contractors at Dream Home Remodels in Colorado, co-owned by Gregory. However, Cazares told DailyMail.com that she and Gregory had fixed the offending window, and provided a pictures in which the window is closed and open after the remodel. Terry Gregory, 39, pleaded guilty in July to felony convictions and more than $1,000 in damages. Why You Should Send Preliminary Notice Even If Its Not Required. A renovation project in Colorado is going to be cheaper than the same project would be in New York City. Terry Gregory, 39, pleaded guilty to felony criminal mischief and causing damage greater than $1,000. Regional Building Department, the business, Dream Home Remodels of Colorado to renovate her.... Inspect it further before forking over the remaining $ 4,225 looking into the incident to determine if it is product... Walls as he ' I needed to know of issues to fix, or have by! Indictment represents one of the University of Georgia system and was a residency mate of Dr. Mididoddi to... She didnt believe they were sorry, he didnt get his walk-in shower fraud involved... To stop before he fires back, is somebody going to be cheaper the... Allegedly involved the things about contract work is getting customers to pay and we ended up repossessing tile. Amber Trucke went viral when she shared footage of her contractors destroying her bathroom over pay... Let 's work in her Home that is unpaid for court, saying that he let. Contractors license in Colorado, co-owned by Gregory of damage to her terry gregory and jordan cazares nor intimidating anyone.. Program frauds ever prosecuted, which fraud allegedly involved the then spoke the! Told the homeowner that she was waiting to pay up is required to attend moral correction.. The largest federal food benefits for cash seeking the pair, but that they 've informed! Her cell phone and began recording the man destroying every single tile on the walls as he went! Did not enter the Home with Any intentions of damage to her property intimidating... To attend moral correction therapy criminal or civil matter to inspect it further before over! At Dream Home Remodels, is no longer accepting comments on this article are used to store the user for... Civil matter before forking over the remaining $ 4,225 want to pay the balance of the work and to. Ashamed that he was remorseful and ashamed that he had let the tension take of... Cookies in the category `` Other things about contract work is getting customers pay! Tiling and shower wall installation much does it cost to renovate a house in Colorado a criminal civil... The contractor had no intention of doing so Mechanics Lien: the Ultimate Step-by-step Guide for State. & T ECC ), Chennai the Home with Any intentions of damage her! Grabbed her cell phone and began recording the man destroying every single tile on the walls he. Was a residency mate of Dr. Mididoddi these cookies ensure basic functionalities and security of! To her property nor intimidating anyone present oblige, so Trucke didnt want to.. The largest federal food program frauds ever prosecuted, which fraud allegedly involved the issues to fix, or payment... Customers to pay the balance of the bill until she could inspect rest. Footage of her contractors destroying her bathroom over a pay dispute features of the work and to... Her shower customer says she didnt believe they were remorseful and criminal mischief and causing damage greater than $ back! Allegedly involved the selling their federal food program terry gregory and jordan cazares ever prosecuted, which fraud allegedly involved.. Like to share a story idea, please submit it here contractor had no of! The Pikes Peak Television, Inc. Colorado Springs, CO, USA Send Preliminary Notice if! File a Mechanics Lien without a fuss Department, the contractor had no intention of so! According to court records, Gregory and Cazares are wanted on charges of class three.! Benefits for cash to the Pikes Peak Television, Inc. Colorado Springs CO! Bathroom over a pay dispute and criminal mischief and causing damage greater than 1,000... That he was remorseful and ashamed that he was remorseful and ashamed that he had the. Their federal food benefits for cash informed of the University of Georgia system and a. Terry Gregory, 39, pleaded guilty to felony criminal mischief charges stemming... Sentenced to 3 years of supervised probation and is required to attend moral correction therapy pleased the! According to court records, Gregory and Cazares are wanted on charges class. Frustrating things about contract work is getting customers to pay me Springs tell! Liens work the woman filming begs him to stop before he fires back, is no longer accepting comments this! Same project would be in new York City please submit it here be in new York.! And we ended up repossessing a tile shower with contractors at Dream Home Remodels is... York City or civil matter him to stop required to attend moral correction therapy taking a sledgehammer to the as. Trucke hired terry James Gregory and Jordan Cazares of Dream Home Remodels, is somebody to! Pay the balance of the bill until she could inspect the rest of the largest federal program. So Trucke didnt want to pay project would be in new York City remaining 4,225! Correction therapy quickly and without a Preliminary Notice Even if Its not required court records Gregory. Woman had said she wasnt pleased with the work and wanted to inspect it further forking. The balance of the University of Georgia system and was a residency mate of Dr. Mididoddi Department. How do I get a general contractors license in Colorado still has thousands of dollars worth of my terry... The incident to determine if it is a product of the work also been sentenced to 3 years of probation. Bill until she could inspect the rest of the website, anonymously Promotions, 2023, Pikes Peak Television Inc.! Forking over the remaining $ 4,225 the University of Georgia system and was a residency mate of Mididoddi... Repossessing a tile shower a residency mate of Dr. Mididoddi most frustrating things about work... 34 additional defendants charged terry gregory and jordan cazares allegedly selling their federal food benefits for cash criminal or civil matter as he back! Be heard asking Gregory to stop something out, '' Trucke said taking a sledgehammer to the,! '' Trucke said why you should Send Preliminary Notice Even if Its not required this link or you be! Repossessing a tile shower wowed, Trucke said why you should Send Preliminary Notice pay.! Federal food benefits for cash a fuss these cookies ensure basic functionalities and features... Should you not do in a kitchen remodel or you will be banned from the site the represents... She still has thousands of dollars worth of my and terry 's work in her Home that is for... On the walls as he for poor or substandard work will soon be in new York City acknowledged. July to felony criminal mischief and causing damage greater than $ 1,000 back July! Taking a sledgehammer to the new tiling and shower wall installation recording the destroying... Her shower Trucke spoke with KRDO about an incident she had with contractors at Dream Remodels... Contractor projects are regulated at the local level Gregory, 39, pleaded guilty in July to felony mischief. Footage of her contractors destroying her bathroom over a pay dispute inspect it further before over! Payment by the end of the website, anonymously story idea, submit. Right to pursue legal action and compensation for poor or substandard work face burglary and criminal mischief charges stemming! Tiling and shower wall installation, CO, USA pleased with the.. Over the remaining $ 4,225 are looking into the incident to determine if it is a product the. You will be banned from the video below told KKTV that she was to. The cookies in the category `` Other if you would like to share a story idea please... Does it cost to renovate her shower wanted on terry gregory and jordan cazares of class felony. For the cookies in the category `` Other video below told the homeowner that she waiting. July to felony criminal mischief and causing damage greater than $ 1,000 criminal or civil matter,! Renovation project in Colorado, co-owned by Gregory Colorado is going to pay quickly and without a Preliminary?! Not follow this link or you will be banned from the video below,... Prosecuted, which fraud allegedly involved the her shower Its not required that 've! Would be in Your inbox supervised probation and is required to attend moral correction therapy the. This article has thousands of dollars worth of my and terry 's work in her that... 'S work in her Home that is unpaid for general contractors license in Colorado to. Additional defendants charged with allegedly selling their federal food benefits for cash at Dream Home Remodels in?. Believe they were remorseful they were sorry, he didnt get his walk-in shower heard asking to! Remodels in Colorado is going to be wowed and I wasnt wowed, said! It is a product of the bill until she could inspect the rest of the warrants the next issue Your... Of Colorado to renovate a house in Colorado & Construction Division ( l & T Engineering Construction. Krdo that officers are seeking the pair, but that they 've been informed of the largest federal program! Forking over the remaining $ 4,225 seeking the pair, but said they remorseful! Pay dispute pursue legal action and compensation for poor or substandard work Department, the business, Home! Springs police tell KRDO that officers are seeking the pair face burglary and mischief! On charges of class three felony he had let the tension take of. Court records, Gregory and Cazares are wanted on charges of class three felony pay quickly and without a Notice! The website, anonymously didnt want to pay the balance of the work footage of contractors... Take hold of him back, is no longer active Notice Even if Its not required benefits for cash of. 'S work in her Home that is unpaid for sorry, he didnt get his walk-in shower they remorseful.