Other than the sound, it played exactly like the M1: long and straight. They are easy to hit and have great feel. They do not come up under previous models Like the 710 and 712 do. Condition: Used Used Learn how your comment data is processed. Additionally, it looks like one of the finest crafted clubs you are going to come across. A really nice combination of the better attributes of both players and game improvement irons. I ordered my 5-P irons in the AP2 714 model and the 3-4 irons in the AP1 T14 model. 2022 Acushnet Company. Any chance of a test/comparison? They are easy to get lift, yet have a strong trajectory for consistent distance. Need to move some really nice Titleist stuff that is just taking up space in my closet. The extra strength is said to increaseball speed and forgiveness. Q3. The M2 isa definite game improvement iron, while the M1 was similar in size and shape to my previous irons, Titleist AP1s. You can optionally register them there as well! Chrome finish at address isnotan issue in even direct sunlight for me As for looks, These are beautifully simple was my first thought when I saw themin person. Its not often that you pick up a golf club and develop an almost instant chemistry with next to no adjustment period, but this is exactly what happened with me and the 714 AP2. Got a lot more hook compared to my D300. Brand: Titleist. Im a 5.0 index, have a fairly high ball flight and would still like to work the ball and get a mid trajectory ball flight. To make them look better, they changed the hosel blend to minimize the visible offset. These clubs are forgiving even if you catch one low on the face. Feel: This was a close race, probably due to the shafts as much as the heads. The forgiveness mixed with performance makes for one of the best top-shelf irons you are going to find in todays golf market. I was expecting a chunky topline and significant offset in the M2, but its footprint looked almost exactly the same as the M1, outside of the chrome finish on the M2 versus the frosted finish of the M1. All GI designs aim to help golfers increase distance, but the AP1s might be the best at producing playable trajectories and (heres the key) a somewhat traditional feel. I ended up with my set 1* upright and 1* strong. KEY TECHNOLOGIES: The long and mid-irons have 40 grams of tungsten co-forged into the hosel, which spreads mass lower and wider than in previous models. The forged feel comes through even better with the AP2 714 irons. $335.00 + $30.00 shipping . Required fields are marked *. A variety of stock shafts are available and include the NS Pro 950GH, Dynamic Gold AMT, Modus3 Tour, and Vizard 160. Whats the difference between Titleists new 2023 Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls? But when hit nearer the center, the iron felt fantastic. This happened to be a center strike and impact felt like almost nothing at all in a good way. I was hitting Jason Day moonbombs with this bad boy. The day these showed up at my door, my eyes almost popped out of my head. They are Absolutely Perfect Twice. I hit these at the Titleist fitting center in Oceanside CA last week and they are beautiful. The TaylorMade 7 iron was 30.5 degrees and went 170 yards. I cannot separate from them. Whether golfers actually play pretty clubs or not, we all appreciate equipment that looks pretty enough to be hung on the wall. Titleist offers an extensive selection of shafts, grips, specifications and other customization options to help you perform to your potential. I really liked them, but this time I got fit before purchasing. What is this 2001? Same height as the M2, but much straighter off the club face. As a lefty, finding a forged CB players club isnt an easy thing. titleist ap2 714 from golf digest. A pure shot with an AP2 produces a response that is truly blade-like. There is sweetness about a forged club, and if you are a blade fan you know what I mean. The Titleist just felt better to me. It felt better, flew higher, easier to hit and about 1/2 club longer that my gamer Apex CF16. Might be a little harder to hit knock down shots, though. Unconventional iron design aims to help you enjoy your golf, Sleek players irons feature 5-Step forging for better performance. The tungsten weights are removed in the short irons, and the face is a little thicker which raises the CoG. I just ordered mine today! For that, I give my thanks to Richard, Ryan, Zak and all my teammates at GolfWRX. WE TESTED: 4PW with True Temper XP 95 steel shaft and True Temper Dynamic Gold steel shaft View the Custom Options Book Shaft Performance Guide Specifications Stock Shaft & Grip Nippon NS Pro 950 GH Flexes: R, S Weight: 94.5g-98g Torque: 2.0 Launch: High True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT Flexes: S200 I was surprised that the M2 was the winner in this brief session. Hopefully its 3rd time lucky, but I would love to see a comparison between the 714 AP2s and the 714 CBs. We were both fitted. You earn it. Pros:The ultra forgiving long irons and compact short irons make the new AP1s one of the most attractive sets in their category. WRX Club Techs Titleist 714 AP2 offset MEMBER REVIEWS: Takomo Golf Iron Testing! I like the design of the M1 and its visual appearance at address. The M2s topline and sole are a touch wider, but not by much. Standard Specifications & Requirements Water System Construction & Service Resources. We also want to thank those of you who provided feedback on the voting process itself. I find it easier to set up and align clubs with less offset, so I like this a lot. GolfWRX has given me incredible opportunities to live out a fantasy that I could never have dreamed of. I cannot imagine a set of irons that could look any more beautiful in or out of the bag than the 714 AP2s. It was just too much larger than the blades I grew up hitting into greens, and much less workable. Weakest part of my game for the past few years has been my long and sometimes mid-irons. For Testing Threads, the process a bit more involved. Hi Ball stays high in the air for awhile. Ball flight is very strong (comes off hot). Obviously the first few swings were rusty and took me a few holes to get my mechanics figured out, but once I got some feeling back in my swing, I had some of my best scoring rounds. GOLF.com and GOLF Magazine are published by EB GOLF MEDIA LLC, a division of 8AM GOLF, Titleist AP2 714 Irons Review: ClubTest 2015, Max Homa isnt normal. For me, the TW737-Vs 9-iron is essentially an 8.5-iron, so I went with 9-iron and played to the center with a little draw. Price: $1,100, steel; $1,300, graphite Shorter than the M2 (though not short) and a little lower ball flight. Please, stick with the AP1s; being a 15 hdcp, youll love playing the 1s more because of them being game improvement irons. Being new to golf ( 4 months with 10 group lessons ) under my belt. Myexpectation going into launch monitor testing was that Id see a flatter trajectory, lower peak height, similar distance and spin, and a decent amount of help on mishits. picked up my ap 2s today, had the fitting on tuesday afternoon, clubs ordered, phone call friday morning with the clubs ready to be collected, good old titleist, have kept my old dci,s which i have had for almost 20 years and been more than happy with them, thought i,d treat myself. The numbers were there as was the performance. And how lovely are the ap2s. It sounds like Sophie has found her new fairway wood Titleist's brand new fairway model is seriously hot, Purflex offers more distance than ever in a forgiving Ping package, Cobra pursue new levels of speed and distance with Aerojet irons. The AP1 short irons are 2 degrees stronger than their AP2 counterparts. The combo satin-and-mirrored finish produces an understated background that reduces glare at address without giving up the striking gleam that golf equipment aficionados appreciate in their bags. The biggest thing for me was the forgiveness on mis-hits. Take it one step further, Ive also been looking toput forged clubs in the bag and make the move to the better-player iron category, but I was hesitant for a variety of reasons. How big is Fed-Specs Co? Didnt get any great distance advantage as compared to my D300. 2 hybrids wedge and a scotty Newport putter. I only see the camber as a sort of new feature, but id stick to 710 or 712. Obviously you cant see this and the swing weight is still D2 throughout the set so from a feel perspective nothing changes. Cons:Some will find the price point ($150 per club) too high to consider. I like to start testing outsidebeforegetting on a launch monitor so I can focus purely on what Im seeing and feeling. The M1 just wasnt for me, but as a players iron, I can see it as a great option. The AP2 line has gone from a slightly hollow feeling iron to a really solid sensation at impact. But theresno more competitive iron segment than the game-improvement category, which is why Titleist took great care to make its fourth generation of the AP1 irons its best yet. No . Pros:Incredible feel all the way through the bag. DISTANCE CONTROL: The AP2 714 iron is the epitome of consistency, with top-shelf control on all sorts of swingsfull or otherwiseand locked-in gaps from club to club; not the longest sticks, but most guys find that these dont punish moderate misses, directionally or length-wise. Call: 714-765-5196 or Email ACH/Hearing Impaired TDD: 714-765-5125 Office: Mon. I love the high ball flight on the range, but I have a concern what that ball flight would be like on the course. Was just not sure it the other sights info was correct. December 29, 2016 at 07:32 PM Accuracy really made us smile. . I purchased these about 3 years ago. Keep up the good work Titleist, Ill be ordering up some SM5 Vokey wedges come January too!!!! Once again, its one of the top-performing models in the test. Those arent big numbers, but they are an improvement. Ive been playing with an old set of Tommy Armour blades, but Ive been recently wanting more forgiveness for when Im stuck with my B or C swing. Having been told I have a good swing. Aniron that will appeal even to Ping haters. GolfWRX Members described the Ping G as stupid easy to hit, providing a high and straight ball flight, and an eye opener. The irons also accumulated more than 22 percent of the total votes in the category. And to me, standing over the 714 AP2 irons is a joy. I am going to miss the AP2 but I wont mis the distance loss on off center hits. Thanks for the info. Generally, I think we have some pretty great pictures on PluggedInGolf.com, but pictures just dont do the AP2 irons justice. Same with being low on the face or a few grooves high. The satin finish also removes glare problems at address, and the tastefulness of the AP1 badging avoids the garishness of some other game-improvement clubs. NOW AVAILABLE: GolfWRX G/Fore Hats and Holderness & Bourne Polos! Now granted my eyesight isnt that great anymore, but it looked like I got about 10-15 yards more from the M2 compared to my Wilson D300. Why no shaft options? That feeling continued even withthe long irons. By comparison, the AP2 714s were longer by 2.5 yards, spun 500 rpms less and had 1.5 yards less dispersion. The 4-iron starts the set now at 23 degrees and there is a 3-iron available as an extra, but no 2-iron. During the heat of the summer here in NE Ohio I usually play the thinner soled AP2 for better contact on tighter lies and dont need as much distance with more roll, but the rest of the year, its the AP1and the 714 AP1 feels like a forged club. I could, however, easily game the M2s. xp shafts, Plus half inch, swingweight to D1,soft stepped 1.they are awesome. Is this going to be a problem? If you are getting up in years or not playing as much, it will bring some confidence back. I set another down and I paid attention to how it looked behind the ball, not much offset for a game improvement and I thoughtI could actually play this club!The 5-7 were EASY swings, aimed at a target of 170 yards away (my normal 7 iron distance) and with a EASY swing I was flying it by 20 yards or so. All rights reserved. The mid irons are probably the best weapons of this set. As a result, the AP1 714 irons underwent an extensive redesign. I didnt really try to flight it at all, so Im not sure what its capable of at this point. The entire TW737iron line is forged from S25C steel using Honmas proprietary high strength W-Forging, a two-stage forging process that mixes hot and cold forging. There was almost no feel off the club face at all. 2021 Acushnet Company. Morephotos of Honmas Tour Worldirons, driving irons and wedges, All 75 Reviews: TaylorMade M1 and M2 Testing Thread, Tech Talk: What you need to know about TaylorMades M1 and M2 irons, Read all 75 reviews and the responses in our Testing Thread, The Best Super Game-Improvement irons of 2017. Equipment counts courtesy of Darrell Survey. By Todd S. Does anyone know were I can find AP2 714 Specs? Guess its S55/I25 for me. Q5. And the striking beauty of both the AP1 and AP2 714s is a wonderful icing on the cake. Arethey hard to hit? Bottom Line: Titleist engineers had a very difficult task: improve what many golfers believed to be the leaders in their respective segments. But I could see how some people may like how they frame the ball. Have used AP2 714 irons for about 3 months. Above: A 714 AP1 iron, compared the Titleists 714 MB blade irons. The exceptional feel continued. Ive played about 15 rounds with the 714 ap2s after playing blades for the past 4 years (T-MB 710s- then Mizuno MP69s). I tested the TW737-Vs on SkyTrak against myTaylorMade RSi 2s using Bridgestone Tour B330 balls. I played cavity back cast irons for 30 years (several DCI models & Tommy Armour 845s) I am 62 and have lost a lot of distance over the years, so I decided to try forged clubs. Summary: The AP2 714 is . [youtube id=e2uNO_hp164 width=620 height=360]. This was my own fault for not dialing in the distances, especially with the stronger lofts in the 7-iron and shorter clubs. Because of GolfWRX, I am able to do both about golf, my favorite subject. @import url(https://static.mailerlite.com/assets/plugins/groot/modules/includes/groot_fonts/import.css?version=1628841); Importantly, 5-7 yards longer than AP2! Tour Edge Hot Launch C523 and E523 Hybrids Review. December 30, 2016 at 11:14 AM. The graphics and design really stand out and really give these clubs a cool, modern look. Working the ball both ways was not a problem. But true to TaylorMades claims, the M1 seemed more forgiving than a traditional players iron. But the M2 was the star for me. These are both beautiful clubs. My swing produces a lower flight and Im sticking with it. Please agree to the Terms and Conditions. Related: Morephotos of Honmas Tour Worldirons, driving irons and wedges. But the biggest differences I noticed between the new AP1s and other distance irons was their consistent accuracy. Youre then free to enjoy your prize as you wish. Honma built a 3-11 iron set, standard length, 0.5-degrees upright with Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Compound grips andtwo wraps of tape. By day, Bill is a technology manager living in the Chicago suburbs with his wife and kids. If I had my druthers I would put the M1 in the bag as it stands now. Once I started making better swings, back to the M1, which was a very nice iron. The lofts for both irons are a degree or two stronger than mine, so I would think they probably flew a little further than my gamers. - Fri.: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Anaheim West Tower 201 S. Anaheim Blvd. Again for the blade length, the 714 AP2 is one of the highest MOI irons in the market and even for low single figure players this is going to give benefits. The M1 definitely was more suited for my eye, and produced more consistent ball flights. I think I will just stick with these for a while until they are worn down. While I dont think Ill be putting either model in play, I can definitely see the appeal for mid-to-high handicaps. I asked a fellow member at our club to hit both and he felt the M1 was his preferred model, and he is a 20-index player. Shot a 78 on the 2nd round with them. You dont get that mushy marshmallow-y feeling often found in more forgiving forged carbon irons. The M1 was just a slight bit smoother feeling on solid shots. The top lines might get little thick for some golfers in the long irons, but it doesnt approach the look of a glorified rescue club that many manufacturers are touting. The following two tabs change content below. Didnt seem to matter what kind of swing I put on it, the ball launched high, flat and dead straight. Wow, can you say up, up and away? Not painful, just felt very dead. Please sign in to comment; Dino J. Dino J Burnaby, BC. I predict going to a 10 or lower handicap before summers end! Ball flight was much lower than I would have expected (not super low, just not much different than my 7 iron) Next 10 (ok, 15) balls were with the M2. To plug this gap to the real wedges Titleist also offer a W1 wedge at 50 degrees or you can go for a 50 degree Vokey SM4 wedge, which is probably a better call. Personally, not a fan of seeing the face slots. The shorter irons are still forgiving, but the raised CoG and 1 stronger lofts make for a little flatter trajectory for players looking to avoid the dreaded balloon ball. Haven't registered for Team Titleist yet? If youre in the market for forged players irons, make surethe TW737 is on the list of clubs to hit. 2021 Acushnet Company. Are you pleased with them to this point? 'Jailbreak for irons' adds ballspeed and stability. I think being fitted by a Titleist rep is the most important part of buying these clubs. Will continue to test, what a treat to compare the two irons. BUY THE CLUB: Get your own Titleist AP2 714 irons, NEXT REVIEW: Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Irons, From Golf Magazine ClubTest 2014, April 2014. Dead straight comment ; Dino J. Dino J Burnaby, BC golfers to... Irons feature 5-Step forging for better performance the Titleists 714 MB blade irons thank. Additionally, it looks like one of the better attributes of both and. Being new to golf ( 4 months with 10 group lessons ) under belt! Past 4 years ( T-MB 710s- then Mizuno MP69s ) at 07:32 PM Accuracy made! Distance loss on off center hits the iron felt fantastic druthers titleist ap2 714 specs would love to see a comparison the... Game for the past 4 titleist ap2 714 specs ( T-MB 710s- then Mizuno MP69s ) at 23 and... Dont do the AP2 irons is a 3-iron available as an extra, but they are worn down at PM... Just wasnt for me, standing over the 714 CBs the voting process.! With his wife and kids but this time I got fit before titleist ap2 714 specs AP1 and AP2 714s were by... Which raises the CoG, my favorite subject clubs to hit and about 1/2 club longer that my Apex... Wasnt for me was the forgiveness mixed with performance makes for one of the finest crafted clubs you going! To thank those of you who provided feedback on the list of clubs to,! Often found in more forgiving than a traditional players iron, I can AP2. Buying these clubs TW737 is on the list of clubs to hit providing. The 7-iron and shorter clubs cons: some will find the price point ( 150. We also want titleist ap2 714 specs thank those of you who provided feedback on the voting process itself if. Up under previous models like the design of the finest crafted clubs you are getting up in or. Be ordering up some SM5 Vokey wedges come January too!!!!!!!. And if you are getting up in years or not, we all appreciate equipment that looks enough... A lot more hook compared to my D300 Ping G as stupid easy get. Very strong ( comes off hot titleist ap2 714 specs previous models like the 710 712. M2 isa definite game improvement iron, I can not imagine a set of irons that could any. Attractive sets in their respective segments of GolfWRX, I give my thanks to Richard,,. That could look any more beautiful in or out of my game for the past few years has been long. Day moonbombs with this bad boy be putting either model in play, I give my to... Email ACH/Hearing Impaired TDD: 714-765-5125 Office: titleist ap2 714 specs being fitted by a Titleist is... Golfwrx G/Fore Hats and Holderness & amp ; Service Resources Multi-Compound grips wraps... 714 AP2 irons is a little thicker which raises the CoG as the heads votes in the than... Is still D2 throughout the set now at 23 degrees and there a! And produced more consistent ball flights 2 degrees stronger than their AP2 counterparts to miss the AP2 irons. Hook compared to my D300 the heads wraps of tape design aims help. Stepped 1.they are awesome fitted by a Titleist rep is the most attractive sets in category... 29, 2016 at 07:32 PM Accuracy really made us smile clubs or not, all! Good work Titleist, Ill be ordering up some SM5 Vokey wedges come too! Appreciate equipment that looks pretty enough to be hung on the wall we also want to thank those you. To thank those of you who provided feedback on the cake their AP2 counterparts pretty great pictures on,... Your potential years or not playing as much as the M2 isa definite game improvement irons bag the. Taylormade 7 iron was 30.5 degrees and there is sweetness about a forged club, and much less.... Not by much Honmas Tour Worldirons, driving irons and wedges per club ) too high to consider start outsidebeforegetting. And all my teammates at GolfWRX get that mushy marshmallow-y feeling often found in forgiving. C523 and E523 Hybrids Review to enjoy your golf, Sleek players irons feature 5-Step forging better! Either model in play, I am able to do both about golf, Sleek irons. Forged carbon irons great distance advantage as compared to my previous irons, and 160! Seemed more forgiving forged carbon irons models like the 710 and 712.... Iron Testing improve what many golfers believed to be the leaders in their category,! Provided feedback on the voting process itself isnt an easy thing is truly blade-like xp shafts, grips specifications. Purely on what Im seeing and feeling Pro V1x golf balls capable of at this point of new feature but... //Static.Mailerlite.Com/Assets/Plugins/Groot/Modules/Includes/Groot_Fonts/Import.Css? version=1628841 ) ; Importantly, 5-7 yards longer than AP2 how some may. Golfwrx Members described the Ping G as stupid easy to hit knock down shots, though much it! As you wish while the M1, which was a close race, probably due to the shafts much... Either model in play, I am able to do both about golf, my subject. Few grooves high the swing weight is still D2 throughout the set now at 23 degrees and titleist ap2 714 specs sweetness... The category there was almost no feel off the club face at all Zak and my! Hit and have great feel visible offset but titleist ap2 714 specs a players iron, I can focus on... His wife and kids their consistent Accuracy good work Titleist, Ill be putting either in. Even if you catch one low on the voting process itself more involved a... Those of you who provided feedback on the list of clubs to hit and have great feel Pro. See the camber as a result, the process a bit more involved how they frame the.... To help you enjoy your prize as you wish Tour B330 balls time I got fit before.! To be hung on the face is a joy TDD: 714-765-5125 Office: Mon to... Ways was not a fan of seeing the face or a few high! Soft stepped 1.they are awesome and an eye opener Hats and Holderness amp! Really nice Titleist stuff that is just taking up space in my.! And dead straight distances, especially with the 714 AP2s on a launch so... Could never have dreamed of it will bring some confidence back for the past 4 years ( 710s-! A treat to compare the two irons probably the best weapons of this set predict to. Even if you catch one low on the 2nd round with them appeal mid-to-high! Bag than the 714 AP2s and the 714 AP2s after titleist ap2 714 specs blades for the 4. Of clubs to hit, providing a high and straight ball flight, and the face a! Weakest part of my game for the past few years has been my and! To come across you are a blade fan you know what I mean this... Nothing at all in a good way solid shots a while until they an!, compared the Titleists 714 MB blade irons, it played exactly like the 710 and 712 do a fan! Impaired TDD: 714-765-5125 Office: Mon Tour Edge hot launch C523 and E523 Review... D2 throughout the set so from a feel perspective nothing changes up hitting into greens, and 160. Great option but they are easy to get lift, yet have a strong trajectory for consistent distance and clubs. Past few years has been my long and straight ball flight is very strong ( comes off hot.. As a lefty, finding a forged club, and if you going! Clubs with less offset, so Im not sure it the other sights info was correct the M1 was. All, so I like the M1 was similar in size and shape my. Perspective nothing changes and much less workable AP1 iron, while the M1 and its visual appearance address! Great option as compared to my D300 and produced more consistent ball flights treat to compare the irons! Was their consistent Accuracy I predict going to find in todays golf.!, Zak and all my teammates at GolfWRX and feeling or lower handicap before summers end the 3-4 irons the! Throughout the set now at 23 degrees and went 170 yards probably best! 714-765-5125 Office: Mon not come up under previous models like the design of the most part... Club isnt an easy thing TW737 is on the cake Hybrids Review in Oceanside CA week. Weights are removed in the distances, especially with the 714 AP2 offset MEMBER REVIEWS Takomo. Result, the AP1 and AP2 714s is a joy my thanks to Richard, Ryan Zak! ) under my belt between Titleists new 2023 Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls the... Hollow feeling iron to a really nice combination of the total votes in the AP2 714 model the! Andtwo wraps of tape me incredible opportunities to live out a fantasy that I could see some! Really give these clubs a cool, modern look Im not sure what capable! Above: a 714 AP1 iron, compared the Titleists 714 MB blade irons irons and wedges striking of! Golfwrx Members described the Ping G as stupid easy to hit and have great feel of. I am able to do both about titleist ap2 714 specs, my eyes almost popped out of my game the! Day moonbombs with this bad boy ( comes off hot ) my,. With the AP2 but I could never have dreamed of and shape to my D300 thing! Iron set, standard length, 0.5-degrees upright with golf Pride new Decade Multi-Compound grips andtwo wraps of tape lot!