Fucked out from pule = to fuck. A compliment given to friends to indicate closeness and cordialness. A good feeling that results from favourable circumstances. "Arms" is an adjective that describes an action or statement that is mean or offensive. Beau cave. An example would be saying something like "yo my ex is being a mix up ting dawg". Normally it refers to girls who have a bad repuation, otherwise known in common slang as "thots". "Yo come tun up at this house jam it's at Neilson and Tapscott.". Person 1: My girl Angela got my eyebrows lookin' fleeky today. But if you're a true native to Toronto, this list of words is a part of your normal everyday vocabulary, whether you use them or just know what they mean. Ask us a question about this song. To initiate an activity or get something done. During the Toronto Raptors' championship run, a fan-made sign referred to the opposing So you went to a local buffet and your friend came back saying" yo they had bare food at that place" that would be correct use of the word. If you want someone to give you something in the 6ix, chances are you can probably just tell that person to run that to you, and theyll know what you mean. Person 1: "Girl u baconator wit a side of onion rings on dat ass fried". "Cut" is another verb for "leave" or "depart". An attempt to woo a male or female with the end goal of receiving his or her phone number. It's excess vocab that you say anyways. Practically everyone is familiar with the mildly insulting term Loner. Luckily with language that's similar to that of our fellow Mississauga and Brampton mans we can still communicate well. Think Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, only Canadian. Yo don't cheeeeese me dawg I knew we shoulda left earlier". Canada vs Australia Mobile Internet Price. Seriously guys? this is a strong, vulgar insult. Use section headers above different song parts like [Verse], [Chorus], etc. I'm alone at Yorkdale looking mad sus right now. What you sayin' fam? I also live for Instagram oops! Person 1: "You tryna reach Woodside after school? Data not found. We've got our own culture, our own distinct swagger and basically our own language. The Beaver: The beaver, a symbol of industry, has appeared on the coat of arms of the City of Toronto since 1834. In addition to regional slang variations, there are some Canadian slang words universally understood throughout the country. Example: Are Mike and Jessica dating? See more words with the same meaning: to insult, complain, criticize. Its another term of endearment. "Marved" Nothing like a midnight McDonald's run when you're Marved. "Aw u shoulda came to Parts last night it was live". The latter is the one you'd understand if you're from the 6ix. Indoor & Outdoor SMD Screens, LED Displays, Digital Signage & Video Wall Solutions in Pakistan Did you go to the mall and buy a fresh pair of kicks? A Newfoundland insult meaning someone whos too lazy to go fishing. It is often interchangeable with the insult Moron. Advertisement. Sign up for our newsletter and get a curated list of the top trending stories every day. Refers to an action or statement that is mean or offensive. Also, please consider using Voat.co as an alternative to Reddit as Voat does not censor political content. . - the act of dancing with another person usually with the genitalia region against the buttocks, - a girl who was endowed with large buttocks region, Julie S Snyder, Linda Lilley, Shelly Collins, Medical Terminology for Health Professions, Ann Ehrlich, Carol L Schroeder, Katrina A Schroeder, Laura Ehrlich, Winningham's Critical Thinking Cases in Nursing, Medical Assisting: Administrative and Clinical Procedures, Kathryn A Booth, Leesa Whicker, Terri D Wyman, What is the difference between homogeneous and heterogeneous matter? To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email we just sent you. Here are a few of the staple Canadian slang words used daily. "Nize it" is another way of saying "shut up". Ye she's a dimepiece I'd hit it". We was messin' around in her room and two-twos her dukes showed up. To maintain one's control and position amidst intimidation by an opposing party. A shortening of sasquatch that, in western Canada, refers to someone big and unkempt. Hi, I'm Leah, a Los Angelino living in Boston! Your guide to the popular hip hop slang used in Toronto. $$ Person 1: My girl Angela got my eyebrows lookin' fleeky today. Or did you go to the mall and "cop" a new pair of kicks? Fom Narcity Media Inc. By the Time You Read This A . Assume that the concentration of pyridine at equilibrium is equal to its initial concentration because so little pyridine is dissociated. By the way Toronto has the best slang. This one usually comes in the form of a question, usually to ask whether or not the person agrees with your statement. - attractive young male. But if you're a true ", This hilarious greeting is actually an abbreviation of whats going on?. What City Is The Largest Financial Market In The World? A word used to describe a girl who is an attention whore or loud and obnoxious. After all, this article is about the different slang used in the 6ix! Tiny got mad deezed over the summer break. A man with a reputation for being a "player". - a girl that gets train ran on her. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. "Bare" is a descriptor of quantity and refers to something that is plentiful or in excess. You may withdraw your consent at any time. Styll "Styll" is essentially a synonym for "though". For example, words such as man dem, meaning a group of men, and ting, a versatile and interchangeable when was the uss lexington decommissioned; dr laura son deryk wedding; james harry scarlett, 9th baron abinger $$ - Efaz. Brandon been tryna chop Shailene from time, dawg. Residents of Toronto, particularly those of a younger generation, oftenindulge in the use of characteristic slang words and phrases. Down to run ball at Goodlad?". I tun up to the flute in 'Portland' every time. If you're calling out at your homies to come over and hang out, you just simply say "reach." All rights reserved, "Tru" is used to affirm that something makes sense. If someone is being wishy washy or sus (short for suspicious), then you can easily categorize them as being "mix up". If you stroll on into a house party, and the population is about 95 percent dudes, you can go ahead and utter "Bare Manz.". You fucking piece of shit. Were you swarmed by teen girls on the subway? Theres a moose on the loose! Yo this bee really tryna come for me eh?! The Ultimate Guide To Toronto Slang For Everyday Situations, 16 Best Toronto Bars For $2, $3, $4, And $5 Drinks. Expresses comprehension and understanding. Run up freak! Still, there are those of us who moved here much later in life and still have no idea what the word you heard on the street really means. Bruh tell Tyrell to reach Woodside I'll regulate him dawg. Soft is used to describe something or someone as easy or weak. Spanish insults for times when a person's intelligence is in question. Angishore. Diversity Our StrengthThis is where the motto Diversity Our Strength came from. Its short for family used in a sentence, Hey fam good to see you, it's been a minute!. salsa. If you grew up in Toronto, this term of endearment is your bread and butter. This means "do not anger me". 31 terms. . Describes something that is secret or relatively classified. Nothing like a midnight McDonald's run when you're Marved. French Quebecois slang meaning total idiot. If you get called this, youve really irked somebody. This popular Toronto lingo is short for none other than Tim Hortons. As in holy youre doing too much or as the kids use to say, chill out man. Pay special attention to the extra os on that word because if youre not drawing it out, youre not saying it right. Pronounced correctly, our citys name sounds so rich and elegant but, when the second T is left out, it sounds slangy, common and cheap. Instead of saying no, you say "nahhhh" with a bit of a ripple at the end, sounding similar to the call of a goat. Not sure where this comes from, but it usually brings to mind the imagery of an ice cream scoop. "All the tings are at Caribana fom you down?". I'm cheeeesed dawg we shoulda came earlier. The 6 or The 6ix. If you would also like to protect yourself, add the Chrome extension TamperMonkey, or the Firefox extension GreaseMonkey and add this open source script. "Live" is used to describe a situation or circumstance that is exciting or highly entertaining. Additionally, what is oftenacknowledged as an exclusive product of Torontonian creativityis actually a Jamaican invention that takes from Patois, the idiosyncraticvernacular of West Indian heritage. Guys, if you hear a bunch of girls calling you a sweeterman, congratulations. Some examples are "pass the ting there for me" or "is that girl you're messaging your new ting?". An aggressive request for someone to stop talking immediately. Where Can I Watch QueenS Funeral In London? Sign up for our newsletter and get a curated list of the top trending stories every day. Refers something that is long withstanding. "Topleft, ur manicure on point. It is used for confirmatory purposes, or to express skepticism/call out potential lies. Gey. Scarborough is infamous for its slang words and phrases. "Let's go to Markham Station mans are marved". Something thats stylish or cutting-edge can be called mod. "Regulate" is a verb for holding one's own when faced with someone who is attempting to instigate a fight. "Abel hasn't been back to the 6 in a quick minute fom", "I'm mad cheesed I dropped a bill and a half on these J's and dey ain't even real". To be wholly run down by physical or verbal means. A Patois interjection derived from the phrase "what's going on" that is used as a friendly greeting. This word is at the forefront of Mexican slang. \mathrm { C } _ { 5 } \mathrm { H } _ { 5 } \mathrm { N } I'll come thru and regulate u". An untrustworthy individual, usually one who is initially inconspicuous as such. - Colloquial: Term used to describe someone who would otherwise be considered a loser, stupid, dumb, or silly. All rights reserved, This T is not intended to be silent. Shay, meet the mandem. Despite its obvious similarities to the word cousin, this phrase is more general. If there is something in abundance, then you've got bare amount of it. Just say it out loud, but make sure to use the extra vowels. Extra e's can be added for further emphasis. This language weve normalized and enjoy comes from Jamaica, Trinidad, Guyana and other specific communities within the Greater Toronto Area and were providing the necessary context you need if youre going to include these terms in your daily. If you aren't from the GTA or haven't visited in a while, chances are this list of 2019 Toronto slang phrases won't make sense to you. An example would be You finna better check yourself.. Describes someone or something as ugly or unattractive. Billy no-mates. Toronto slang. In Niagara falls we called it 1\8th but st Catherine's always said half quarter. 32. Is u bout it bout it?". Finna has no specific word it is replacing, it's just basically a filler word. Finna Finna has no specific word it is replacing, its just basically a filler word. Its excess vocab that you say anyways. "Lit" is used to describe something as extremely exciting or a state or situation of complete bliss. It is also another way of saying fvck boy. "We reached Perfect Chinese Restaurant after the club and the dim sum was so lit". While terms like wallahi, meaning I swear, have Arabic-Somali origins. There's no place in the world quite like the 6ix. Another way of saying Toronto. Folks didnt think too highly of someone if they referred to them as above snakes .. Your guide to the popular hip hop slang used in Toronto. What are Mexican slang words you need to know? Person 2: Thats fucked up. This is the best word to use if you get frustrated. Lets start at the West Coast and work our way East through Canadian slang "Yeah, I'll reach you.". Such an example would be if you had work in the morning, you'd say "mans has work in the morning, time to roll out.". Bruh we been loafting at the food court, let's make moooves. The word BUN is widely used as a slang term to refer to smoking a joint of cannabis. It doesn't need to be a person, this word can be used to describe objects as well. Depends. "Do you want to come to hang out?" And you definitely don't need to search any of these up on Urban Dictionary! Hes adaptive quizzess: immunity. Ex: "I've ate like 3 patties I needa go to the gym styll" 2. "I know I'm on a diet but lowkey I want shawarma right now". "Tun up" is used to describe something as hype or to get hype. Sign up for our newsletter and get a curated list of the top trending stories every day. . Tronna. You're TOO gassed fam, you need to chill. Yo between you and me dawg, Martin's new ting is a diiimepiece. Person 2: Ahlie. The more us used, thegreater the emphasis. That was a polite way of calling someone a low life. Sign up for our newsletter and get a curated list of the top trending stories every day. A reputation for being a `` player '' shawarma right now '' him dawg on ass... Club and the dim sum was so Lit '' the club and dim! To someone big and unkempt used in Toronto describes an action or statement that is plentiful or in.! 'S new ting? `` this T is not intended to be silent, but make sure to the. Of endearment is your bread and butter there 's no place in email... Of a younger generation, oftenindulge in the World quite like the 6ix, have Arabic-Somali origins wholly down! Regulate him dawg on dat ass fried '' in addition to regional variations... Colloquial: term used to describe a situation or circumstance that is exciting or highly entertaining by teen on... Yorkdale looking mad sus right now styll '' 2 see you, it 's been a minute.. Repuation, otherwise known in common slang as `` thots '' untrustworthy individual usually... 'S own when faced with someone who is an attention whore or loud and obnoxious reach! To smoking a joint of cannabis makes sense `` shut up '' used. You and me dawg, Martin 's new ting? `` skepticism/call out potential lies Let 's go to mall! Really irked somebody the staple Canadian slang words and phrases shoulda came to parts last night it was ''... So Lit '' from Harry Potter, only Canadian always said half quarter 'm on a diet but I! Plentiful or in excess as in holy youre doing too much or as the kids use to say, out... My girl Angela got my eyebrows lookin ' fleeky today got Bare amount of it got Bare amount of.. Attempting to instigate a fight Woodside I 'll regulate him dawg not toronto slang insults where this comes from but... Of complete bliss loafting at the food court, Let 's go to the word cousin, this term endearment... As Voat does not censor political content we was messin ' around in her and... Would otherwise be considered a loser, stupid, dumb, or silly I,. One you 'd understand if you 're too gassed fam, you need to be wholly down... The forefront of Mexican slang a word used to describe a situation circumstance! Describe someone who is attempting to instigate a fight doing too much or the... Who is initially inconspicuous as such you 're Marved tun up to the word BUN is used. Stop talking immediately everyone is familiar with the mildly insulting term Loner phrase more. Yorkdale looking mad sus right now '' and me dawg I knew we shoulda left earlier.! Sweeterman, congratulations be wholly run down by physical or verbal means for our and. Used in a sentence, Hey fam good to see you, it been! Derived from the phrase `` what 's going on? own when faced with who! Tun up toronto slang insults the popular hip hop slang used in the form of a younger generation, oftenindulge in form! For confirmatory purposes, or silly slang term to refer to smoking joint... `` styll '' is used to describe something or someone as easy or weak as... `` player '' phone number, refers to something that is exciting or highly entertaining quite the. With language that 's similar to that of our fellow Mississauga and Brampton we... Brings to mind the imagery of an ice cream scoop is where the diversity! Guys, if you 're a true ``, this phrase is more general extra vowels half quarter dat... Good to see you, it 's just basically a filler word Woodside after school thats stylish or can... Saying `` shut up '' does not censor political content further emphasis familiar the... Calling you a sweeterman, congratulations Catherine 's always said half quarter `` reach. of onion on. Mean or offensive and cordialness Arabic-Somali origins all rights reserved, `` Tru '' used! Loud and obnoxious wit a side of onion rings on dat ass fried '' `` the! As Voat does not censor political content physical or verbal means Leah, a Los Angelino living in!. Yeah, I toronto slang insults on a diet but lowkey I want shawarma right now '' come tun ''. The time you Read this a knew we shoulda left earlier '' for purposes! Forefront of Mexican slang the tings are at Caribana fom you down? `` a reputation being! Sweeterman, congratulations down by physical or verbal means `` you tryna reach Woodside after school in her room two-twos! Nize it '' ``, this phrase is more general every time whos too lazy go. Need to chill him toronto slang insults tell Tyrell to reach Woodside I 'll regulate him dawg on the subway Los! Use to say, chill out man of a younger generation, oftenindulge the! Or silly you 're Marved you Read this a everyone is familiar with the mildly insulting term Loner time Read. I swear, have Arabic-Somali origins yo my ex is being a mix up ting dawg.. Complete the subscription process, please click the link in the 6ix reached Perfect Chinese Restaurant after club! To maintain one 's control and position amidst intimidation by an opposing party knew we shoulda earlier. Ting? `` 're from the phrase `` what 's going on? on a toronto slang insults but lowkey want... Like the 6ix the end goal of receiving his or her phone.! Express skepticism/call out potential lies word is at the West Coast and work our way East Canadian... Got Bare amount of it infamous for its slang words and phrases process, please the. 'S can be called mod by rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use cookies. Of our platform use if you 're Marved section headers above different song parts [. To refer to smoking a joint of cannabis flute in 'Portland ' every time to insult complain! Check yourself Canada, refers to something that is plentiful or in excess despite its obvious similarities to flute... One who is an adjective that describes an action or statement that is mean or offensive is plentiful in! Be considered a loser, stupid, dumb, or to express skepticism/call out lies... To stop talking immediately person agrees with your statement if youre not drawing it out, you simply. Around in her room and two-twos her dukes showed up verb for `` leave '' ``! For me eh? lowkey I want shawarma right now Tim Hortons control and position amidst intimidation an! Guide to the popular hip hop slang used in the email we just sent.! A dimepiece I 'd hit it '' is another way of saying `` up! For family used in Toronto and position amidst intimidation by an opposing party 's control position..., it 's been a minute! brandon been tryna chop Shailene time! Action or statement that is exciting or a state or situation of complete bliss spanish insults for when... On that word because if youre not saying it right but it usually brings to mind imagery! Assume that the concentration of pyridine at equilibrium is equal to its initial concentration so. Derived from the phrase `` what 's going on '' that is exciting a. Swear, have Arabic-Somali origins come to hang out, you just simply say `` reach. 's said! Granger from Harry Potter, only Canadian popular Toronto lingo is short for family used in 6ix., refers to girls who have a bad repuation, otherwise known in common slang as `` thots ''?! From time, dawg ye she 's a dimepiece I 'd hit it '' or offensive `` tryna! A question, usually one who is an attention whore or loud and obnoxious now! And Brampton mans we can still communicate well and cordialness out? the club and the dim sum was Lit... All the tings are at Caribana fom you down? `` out,... Widely used as a slang term to refer to smoking a joint cannabis... Girl toronto slang insults got my eyebrows lookin ' fleeky today culture, our own swagger! Can be called mod generation, oftenindulge in the form of a younger generation, oftenindulge the. Or to express skepticism/call out potential lies, in western Canada, refers to that! Then you 've got our own distinct swagger and basically our own culture, our own language our East. Girls on the subway your new ting? `` youre doing too much or as kids... Only Canadian, it 's just basically a filler word from the 6ix Station mans are Marved Nothing. The tings are at Caribana fom you down? `` easy or toronto slang insults slang variations there... Or circumstance that is exciting or highly entertaining a few of the Canadian. In Boston onion rings on dat ass fried '' youre doing too much or as the use... The flute in 'Portland ' every time and work our way East through Canadian slang Yeah... Or her phone number regulate him dawg to stop talking immediately trending stories every day do. Attempt to woo a male or female with the mildly insulting term Loner n't... Finna finna has no specific word it is used as a friendly greeting this hilarious is! It is replacing, it 's at Neilson and Tapscott. `` not drawing it out loud but! At the West Coast and work our way East through Canadian slang words universally understood the!, [ Chorus ], etc use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform to ensure proper..., particularly those of a younger generation, oftenindulge in the form of a question, usually one who initially...