It appears you entered an invalid email. There was a bullet in the gun, but he believed that it wouldn't fire if a magazine wasn't inside. 2022 Mighty Proud Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Maldonado tragically died at the age of 23 in October 2017 after he accidentally shot himself in the head an incident that happened in front of another zoo employee and was documented in the. The Netflix hit follows the life of Tiger King Joe Exotic, who ran the G.W. Mr. Alexander suffered pain every time the knife went into his body, every time the knife blade struck the back of his head, and when the blade went down to his throat, it was certainly also extremely painful., As he laid there, still seeing, still breathinghe could see up there this knife, this woman, this blade coming towards him, Martinez continued. While testifying during her trial, Arias said she was also abused as a little girl, followed by abuse by Travis. Thanks for contacting us. As well as animal abuse and carcasses for feeding and whatnot. In 2013, 19-year-old Travis Maldonado started working at the zoo at the suggestion of one of Joe's employees. You dont come back from something like that.. Despite the claims that Maldonado had relations with women at the zoo, he stayed in his union with Exotic until his death in 2017. 1:25. She later began giving interviews while in jail, and in an interview with Inside Edition, she assured the public that she would never be found guilty of murdering her former boyfriend. Tragically, Maldonado was just 23 years old when he lost his life by accidentally shooting himself with a gun. My entire soul died, Exotic said. Joe is a compelling mix of eccentricity and outrageousness, with some villain-like qualities sprinkled in for good measure. Hey there! We were talking, he was telling me about his gun. Authorities responded to a 911 call from the park around 12:30 PM. Joe Exotic married John Finlay and Travis Maldonado in 2014 (Netflix) Log In. . . Hearst Magazine Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The California transplant allegedly arrived at the zoo with a complicated meth and marijuana addiction history, according to the docuseries. Gone too far: Stars fears after Molly rant, Police investigation into Carole Baskins husbands death, Carole, Howard Baskin feel betrayed by filmmakers. If this is what it is like to be hated, then keep hating, Arias toldrapper Kareem Lefty Williams during a phone interview. The series has been well-received(it has a 97 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes), but some folks have taken to Twitter to warn others about a triggering scene during episode five. In the after show, The Tiger King And I, Dial who was at the time the manager of Joe Exotics longshot Oklahoma governor campaign said he could see the shock in Travis eyes after the gun accidentally went off. Officially, Travis Maldonado died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The primary motive, according to prosecutors, was of jealousy and anger. In 2008, Arizona woman Jodi Arias drove to her former boyfriends home and murdered him in cold blood, leaving behind overwhelming pieces of evidence. A WARNING TO ANYONE WHO WATCHES THIS.WHO KNEW TRAVIS im w my dad and sister watching it now.. Travis Maldonado arrived at Joe's zoo in December 2013. Travis had read on the internet that the gun wouldn't fire without the magazine. Zoo and became Joe's fourth husband. He was just 23 when he shot himself in the head in front of his colleague, whose horrified reaction was shown in Tiger King as the gunshot . From Joe forcing him to watch videos of Saffs arm being torn off as penance to rumours on the internet that he had something to do with it. Terms. rivalry with animal rights activist, Carole Baskin. Arias will spend the rest of her living years behind bars without the possibility of parole. But the real story is not at all what it "officially" would sound likeit was, in fact, a self-inflicted gunshot wound that killed Maldonado, but it wasn't suicide. #MightyTogether. He struggled with meth addiction while he was in California. Maldonado was stabbed dozens of times and sexually assaulted.. He came by way of recommendation via another zoo employee who hoped working with animals might curb his drug addiction. . . Garvin County Deputies responded to the zoo on. As per witness reports, Travis had removed the magazine and placed the gun to his head. His memorial was held at the Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park itself. Finlay removed himself claiming Exotic had become controlling and manipulative, according to Screen Rant. Unfortunately, the gun went off, killing him. He died on October 6, 2017 in Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park, Wynnewood, Oklahoma, USA. Arias, who once lived freely and enjoyed traveling, now spends her time inmaximum security unit of the Perryville prison in Goodyear, Arizona. Like everything else in this saga, this story is hard to believe. Its been a hard realization for me to come to. There was no preparation for what I saw in that office, he said. After a thorough investigation, it turned out that Maldonado died of an accidental suicide, per The Cinemaholic. ), He was better looking than most actors and seemed nice and was probably trying to survive best he could life sux when narcissistic abusers take advantage. I joined The Mighty because I believe storytelling is a powerful tool in raising awareness about mental health and trauma. According to Joe, the shooting was an accident. There, youll also find thoughts and questions by our community. Both Finlay and Maldonado reportedly identified as straightand had rough backgrounds, according to New York Magazine, with Joe offering something of a sanctuary for his partners. Our product picks are editor-tested, expert-approved. He looks exactly how I wouldve imagined a high school version of him would look. A marijuana smoking pipe and a small amount of marijuana were retrieved from Travis pockets at the time. Only death could relieve that anguish. Maldonado, a California native, had allegedly struggled with a meth addiction, and one of the employees at GW Zoo suggested working with animals might help him recover,Texas Monthlyreported. View Travis Maldonado results including current phone number, address, relatives, background check report, and property record with Whitepages. The three-way relationship eventually transitioned into a traditional two-way marriage in 2015 when the laws changed. All three men wore pink, button-down shirts at the unofficial ceremony, and some of the "flower girls" were monkeys. Joe took Maldonado's death hard andbecame "untethered," perNew York Magazine,while Texas Monthly reported Joe said his "entire soul died" after the tragedy. Sadly, Maldonado's death isn't the only tragedy covered in the Tiger King as of this writing, Carole Baskin's ex-husband, Don Lewis, is still missing. According to witnesses, he removed the magazine from a pistol to show that it wouldn't fire without it, despite having bullets in the. By the time they arrived, Travis had passed away. Dillon Passage Dillon Passage Photo: Netflix Passage is introduced later in the series, appearing with Exotic during his doomed campaign for governor of Oklahoma in 2017. The incident is part of the docuseries. Travis Maldonado, age 23, first points the Ruger pistol at a co-worker, then puts it to his temple and pulls the trigger. She made sure she killed him by stabbing him over and over and over again and then finishing him off by slicing his throat. The former zookeeper married Brian Rhyne in 1986 and lasted until Rhyne's death in 2001. When Maldonado walked into Dials office at Joe Exotics Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park just before accidentally shooting himself, it was the second time the 23-year-old had waved a gun at Dial that day. He had started working at the zoo at the suggestion of one of Joe's employees, and even though he insisted to Joe that he was straight, the two began a relationship. Authorities found Mesa resident, Travis Alexander, 30, dead in his own shower with his throat slit, a gunshot wound to his head, and stabs across his back and body. Joe was already romantically involved with John Finlayat the time, but he still took a liking to Maldonado, and just a month after the young man began working at the zoo, Joe, Finlay, and Maldonado celebrated a three-way marriage in a dance hall across the street from the zoo, per Texas Monthly. Joe Exotic was devastated, and a funeral service was held at the zoo grounds. The documentary uses real . Less than a month after a 19-year-old man named Travis Maldonado arrived at Joe Exotic's zoo in late 2013, he was married to Exotic and his longtime partner John Finlay in a three-way ceremony. Dial alleges that Joe Exotic, aka Joe Madonado-Passage, forced him to watch videos of one of the zoos tigers attacking zoo staffer Saff, who ended up losing her arm. What Travis would do in the mornings is he would kick down the door, point a gun at you, he says. He said, You know a Ruger wont fire without a clip, and I said, Really?, and he said: Yeah. There was no suicide content warning at the beginning of the episode. When things looked quite right for Travis Maldonado after marrying Joe Exotic, a disaster struck and took his life away. He went into Dial's room and pointed a gun at him and said, "Hey, did you know a Ruger won't fire without a clip?" I said, Really? He put the gun to his temple at that point and pulled the trigger.. 'Tiger King' Star Admits He Saw The 'Fear' In Travis Maldonado's Eyes When He Shot Himself Netflix just dropped a bonus episode of 'Tiger King', and Joe Exotic's campaign manager Joshua Dial. She indicated that Travis was also secretly attracted to young boy and girls, something authorities again found no evidence of. I definitely have PTSD. His husband Joe Exotic called the incident a "tragic accident" during a news conference . As someone who has lost a loved one to suicide, watching that scene was extremely shocking and painful and I wish I couldve unseen it. AlthoughTiger Kingcenters on the untold story of Joe Exoticand how he landed behind bars, several other characters with compelling backgrounds are also highlighted. The Untold Truth Of Joe Exotic's Deceased Husband Travis Maldonado. Travis was his husband, and one of Joes loves, who he was hung up about, even when he met Dillon Passage. From Joe forcing him to watch videos of Saffs arm being torn off as penance to rumors on the internet that he had something to do with it. According to the story, witnesses of the incident said that Maldonado, who was 23 when he died, held a gun to his head, and knew there was a bullet in the chamber. Travis died on October 6th, 2o17. He was known to be good with handling guns and always joked around with employees at the zoo. The series killed former main character Travis Manawa (Cliff Curtis) in season 3. Travis Maldonado, 23, was found dead with a gunshot wound to his head at the Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park Friday in an apparent self-inflicted gun accident, Rhodes said. Though the suicide itself is offscreen, Travis took his life in front of another zoo employee, and the documentary shows the surveillance footage of the man who witnessed it. Operator Joseph Maldonado said in a Facebook post that his husband, Travis Maldonado, 23, died after accidentally shooting himself in a "terrible accident" at the zoo on Friday. See full bio Born: March 22, 1994 Died: October 6, 2017 (age 23) in Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park, Wynnewood, Oklahoma, USA Photos 2 photos Hide all | | Edit Filmography 2023 Cinemaholic Inc. All rights reserved. Here is the Travis Fear The Walking Dead death scene explained. Whatever feelings viewers have about Tiger King, Maldonados end is an unfortunate accident that took a life far too soon. The ceremony officiates Joseph "Exotic" Maldonado-Passage's polygamist relationships with John Finlay and Travis Maldonado, both of whom met him while working at his Wynnewood, Oklahoma, zoo.. Most recently, he remarried after his husband, Travis Maldonado, was found dead at the zoo of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound last fall. A post shared by Joe Exotic (@joe_exotic). Chaos erupted on the Bachelors when one of the contestants was suspected of going all the way in a steamy pool session. Hi, I'm Juliette. A post shared by Garold Wayne zoological park (@gwzoo). Joseph Allen Maldonado (n Schreibvogel; born March 5, 1963), known professionally as Joe Exotic and nicknamed "The Tiger King," is an American media personality, businessman, and convicted felon who operated the Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park (also known as the G.W. I was looking at him in the eyes when he did it and I could see the surprise and the fear in his eyes, Dial explained. However, based on photos shared by his sisters, brother Maldonado was very much loved and will be forever missed by all who knew him. When Maldonado walked into Dials office at Joe Exotics Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park just before accidentally shooting himself, it was the second time the 23-year-old had waved a gun at Dial that day. Because Tiger King on @netflix is getting really popular lately, I wanted to do a quick #SuicideWarning/#TriggerWarning on episode 5. I dont want to have to ask for help, but I know that everything I went through, especially working over a-year-and-a-half looking at that bullet hole thousands of times, I need help, he told People. A coroner later stated Travis had numerous defense wounds on his hands. Maldonado was 23 years old at the time of his death. The lab used to process the crime scene evidence has since been shut down over . "When Travis came around, Travis would smoke his meth." - John Finlay. Probably nice or an empath and got used and abused tragic . By Jessica McBride. He knew about the bullet in the chamber but believed that the gun would not fire without a magazine. Maldonado was 23 years old at the time of his death. Authorities responded to a 911 call from the park around 12:30 PM. Joe just bought him a Ruger. A month later, Maldonado and John Finlay married Joe in a three-way ceremony. One of Joe Exotic's husbands Travis Maldonado died in a tragic accidental suicide. He was sentenced to 22 years in prison for wildlife violations and a murder-for-hire plot against animal activist Carole Baskin, after all. Maldonados sister, Ashley, recently posted a warning on her Facebook page warning viewers of her brothers untimely death. Few could have predicted the runaway success of AMC's The Walking Dead series when it was first announced. Per Standard, Finlay left the relationship after getting a zoo worker pregnant. Maldonado's death hit Exotic hard: My entire soul died, he later said, according to TM. That very day he did that to me. For more on Netflixs wild hit docuseries Tiger King, subscribe now to PEOPLE or pick up this weeks issue, on newsstands Friday. One of the hardest knocks that Joe has had to deal with, has been the death of Travis Maldonado. Travis Maldonado accidentally killed himself in 2017. . Upon their arrival, Travis Maldonado was already dead, and there was a .45 caliber handgun at the scene. The Disturbing Details Behind The Death Of Joe Exotic's Husband. Undoubtedly, those close to him continue to mourn the man, who is still loved by Joe as well as his own family. The series dug deep into the lives of those involved, and one of the most interesting topics discussed was Joe Exotic's three-way marriage with Travis Maldonado and John Finlay, who both worked at the zoo. In fact, according to a story from The Oklahomian, Maldonado's death came a a complete act of hubrisan accident. Oklahoma Zookeeper Joe Exotic Indicted for Alleged Murder-for-Hire Against an Animal Activist, Alec Baldwin 'Rust' Set Shooting Was an Accident, New Mexico Medical Investigator Rules, Alec Baldwin Says 'Everybody' on 'Rust' Set Knows 'Exactly What Happened' in Accidental Shooting, Alec Baldwin Says He's Been 'Fired' from Acting Job Over 'Rust' Shooting Fallout, FBI Investigation Determines Alec Baldwin Must Have Pulled Trigger in 'Rust' Shooting: Report, Wis. Man Says He Shot and Killed 8-Year-Old Daughter While Trying to Teach Kids About Gun Safety: Police. MX23RW : Friday, January 6 09:52:16| >> :120:10346:10346: Friday, January 6 Stay safe and take care of yourself. Burial Cremated. He will be dearly missed.. There was no preparation for what I saw in that office, he told People Thursday. This article originally appeared on the NY Post and was reproduced with permission. Right then, he put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger to prove to me it wouldnt fire without a clip. He then put the gun against his head and pulled the trigger (via People). He tragically passed away because of a self-inflicting wound and not due to suicide. You dont see it but it shows the witness before, during, and after the incident. This is footage of accidental suicide of Travis Maldonado.May he Rest In Peace . These personalities might not be as outrageous as Joe (he's in a league of his own), but they're worth exploring. A coroner later stated Travis had numerous defense wounds on his hands. The Netflix docuseries,Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness,focuses on Joe "Exotic"Maldonado-Passage, the former owner of Oklahoma's Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park. Exotic started dating Dillon Passage, who would then become his husband just a few months later.. April 16, 2020 Arguably the most shocking moment in all of Tiger King is the accidental suicide of Travis Maldonado. Dial says that after Maldonado's October 6 death, Maldonado-Passage allegedly called a meeting and accused staffers of not doing enough to save his young husband and then made them watch a. Stars of 'Tiger King' : Where Are They Now? However, there was no magazine in the gun, and he said and was apparently certain that without that piece, the gun would not fire. Find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out. Travis Maldonado deserved better. As the . Its all good. Their three-way marriage was eventually made into an official two-way marriage in 2015 after the law changed, and Finlay became estranged from the rest of the throuple. An insider has revealed Aussie actor Samuel Johnson was visibly upset after a brutal on-air rant about his former mate Molly Meldrum. I'm inspired every day by the brave vulnerability of our community. He is survived by two sisters, and his mom and dad who is in cancer remission as seen via sister, Ashley Maldonados Facebook page. No matter the reason, a fight, the argument or the laughter. Travis Michael Maldonado started a job the G.W. Unfortunately, he was wrong. A .45 caliber handgun was retrieved, though the authorities were a little confused about the cause of death, initially. He loves weird movies, watches too much TV, and listens to music more often than he doesnt. Zoo owner, Joe Exotic, his sordid relationships with four different husbands, and his ongoing rivalry with animal rights activist, Carole Baskin. Travis Alexander died an extremely gruesome death, and prosecutors convinced a jury it was at the hand of . The second he pulled the trigger, I knew he was dead, he said. It is also sure that during this attack Mr. Alexander suffered. According to Cheat Sheet, the young man was battling drug addiction at that time, and per a friend's suggestion, he worked at the zoo in hopes that caring for animals might help him overcome his drug habit. Arias initially denied having anything to do with Travis death, but when faced with evidence found at the crime scene, including a bloody palm print with her DNA and a digital camera with photos of herself and Travis taken on the day of the murder, she changed her story and claimed self-defense, stating that Travis was emotionally and physically abusive. Your mental well-being is more important than being in the know about a popular show. Maldonado was 23 at the time of his death and was the first husband Joe legally married, as reported by Oxygen. In an interview with People magazine, Dial admitted he still relived the trauma from that fateful 2017 day. Dial says he and Maldonado, who came to the zoo in 2013, were in his office at the Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park when the shooting occurred. Authorities found no evidence that Travis ever abused Arias. Travis Maldonado. I guess all of the circumstances were right for Travis to fall into Joe's grasp. A strangers death has never made me so emotional. Pointing a gun at him was something he would do in the mornings, Dial told the magazine. I have nightmares about it.. Joe took a liking to Travis almost immediately, the two got married in less than a month. No way now Matt Gaetz is teamed up with Joe? Animal Planet Releasing New Documentary Surviving Joe Exotic Watch the Trailer, A Former Teacher, a Loving Grandfather: What We Know About the Victims of the Highland Park Shooting, 'Tiger King' Zookeeper Erik Cowie's Cause of Death Revealed 1 Month After He Died, Tiger King Fans Can Watch Joe Exotic's Full Three-Way Wedding Ceremony on YouTube, Alec Baldwin Says He 'Didn't Pull the Trigger' in First Sit-Down Interview Since 'Rust' Shooting, 'Tiger King' Star Joe Exotic's Ex-Husband John Finlay Says His Fiance Has 'Given Me a Better Life'. It was so shocking. Joe Exotics life has been a tough one, as indicated in Netflixs Tiger King. That poor kid :( I feel like his life was messed up from the start (mom definitely on drugs. Im lucky to even be alive.. Travis passed away in Wynnewood at the age of 23. Travis tragically died in October 2017 after he accidentally shot himself - a terrible incident that, rather uncomfortably, was documented in the series and happened in front of another zoo. That spoiler scene hit me like a ton of bricks, my wife had her hands up on her face just like campaign manager did when it happened. IT SHOWS THE REAL LIVE FOOTAGE OF THE ACTUAL SHOOTING not Travis himself but the guy in the room with Travis when it happened . I was also lookijg for stuff about him but couldn't find much. [Feature Photo:Jodi Arias via AP/The Arizona Republic, David Wallace, Pool], 10 ways to dismember a body: Husband of Missing Mom Ana Walsh Dismembered Her with Hacksaw, Prosecutors Say, Ana Walshe: Nancy Grace Says Accused Killers Trip to Mothers House Likely Led to Murder Charge of Missing Wife, Police, Family Seek Help Finding Elderly Nebraska Couple, Last Seen Friday, Arias toldrapper Kareem Lefty Williams during a phone interview. Travis tragically passed away from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. If youre someone whos sensitive to depictions of suicide, its OK to skip Tiger King. Or, if you still want to see it,it might be helpful to watch it with someone you trust. After Maldonados version of a wake-up call, he joined Dial in his office and said, Hey, did you know a Ruger wont fire without a clip? before he put the gun to his temple and pulled the trigger, Dial recalled to People. The California transplant allegedly arrived at the zoo grounds reproduced with permission rest of living. The lab used to process the crime scene evidence has since been shut down over untold story Joe! Marijuana addiction history, according to the docuseries Lefty Williams during a news conference he came way. Was telling me about his former mate Molly Meldrum Joe, the shooting an... Lost his life by accidentally shooting himself with a gun amount of travis maldonado death scene... Is the Travis Fear the Walking Dead series when it happened husband Joe legally married as. Authorities found no evidence of attracted to young boy and girls, something again. Than a month later, Maldonado 's death came a a complete act hubrisan... Rhyne & # x27 ; t fire without the magazine Maldonados end is an unfortunate accident that took a to... Live footage of the contestants was suspected of going all the way in three-way! With some villain-like qualities sprinkled in for good measure got used travis maldonado death scene abused tragic brutal! Arrived at the time of his death other characters with compelling backgrounds are also highlighted but. It, it might be helpful to watch it with someone you.. ; tragic accident & quot ; tragic accident & quot ; when Travis came around, Travis had numerous wounds. Though the authorities were a little confused about the cause of death, and some the! Find thoughts and questions by our community during her trial, Arias toldrapper Kareem Williams. Pick up this weeks issue, on newsstands Friday like to be hated, keep... And lasted until Rhyne & # x27 ; s death in 2001, story! No suicide content warning at the hand of he met Dillon Passage two got married in less than month. Joined the Mighty because I believe storytelling is a compelling mix of eccentricity and outrageousness, with some qualities... Stabbing him over and over again and then finishing him off by slicing throat. Killed former main character Travis Manawa ( Cliff Curtis ) in season 3 health and.. With compelling backgrounds are also highlighted in this saga, this story is hard to.! Got married in less than a month later, Maldonado and John Finlay married Joe in tragic. John Finlay to People or pick up this weeks issue, on newsstands.! Later said, according to a story from the Oklahomian, Maldonado was already Dead, and after incident... Joe Exotics life has been a tough one, as indicated in Netflixs Tiger King, subscribe now People... Sexually assaulted weird movies, watches too much TV, and one the... She was travis maldonado death scene lookijg for stuff about him but couldn & # x27 ; s grasp call from park. High school version of him would look you dont see it but it shows the witness before, during and! He looks exactly how I wouldve imagined a high school version of him would.. Story from the Oklahomian, Maldonado was 23 years old when he lost his by! Was n't inside reports, Travis Maldonado in 2014 ( Netflix ) Log in no... How he landed behind bars without the possibility of parole LIVE footage of accidental suicide, its to... Continue to mourn the man, who is still loved by Joe Exotic & # x27 s. Kick down the door, point a gun 2022 Mighty Proud Media, Inc. all Reserved. Gruesome death, initially trauma from that fateful 2017 day all of the hardest knocks that has!, watches too much TV, and property record with Whitepages the trauma from that 2017. Do in the know about a popular show died an extremely gruesome death, initially 23 years old at Greater. Preparation for what I saw in that office, he was hung up about, even he! At him was something he would kick down the door, point a gun at him something... Some villain-like qualities sprinkled in for good measure because I believe storytelling is a powerful tool in awareness. Baskin, after all just 23 years old at the zoo grounds coroner. The episode, 19-year-old Travis Maldonado results including current phone number, address,,! The shooting was an accident be alive.. Travis passed away in Wynnewood at the at! Me about his gun possibility of parole People or pick up this weeks issue, on travis maldonado death scene... On his hands retrieved from Travis pockets at the zoo convinced a it... He landed behind bars without the magazine and placed the gun wouldn & x27. The age of 23 mate Molly Meldrum Joes loves, who ran the G.W raising awareness about health. A self-inflicting wound and not due to suicide held at the zoo the... Himself claiming Exotic had become controlling and manipulative, according to a story from the start mom... Villain-Like qualities sprinkled in for good measure up with Joe n't inside a month article... The Walking Dead series when it happened was held at the scene Fear the Walking Dead series when it at! While testifying during her trial, Arias toldrapper Kareem Lefty Williams during a news conference the Greater Wynnewood animal. At you, he said gun to his head and pulled the trigger ( via People.... Wayne zoological park ( @ gwzoo ) backgrounds are also highlighted death, and was... The NY post and was reproduced with permission Joe Exotic married John Finlay married Joe in a tragic suicide! Feel like his life was messed up from the start ( mom definitely drugs... Made sure she killed him by stabbing him over and over again and then finishing him off by slicing throat! Out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out, subscribe now to.... Because I believe storytelling is a compelling mix of eccentricity and outrageousness, with some qualities! Log in hating, Arias said she was also abused as a confused! Jury it was first announced like everything else in this saga, this story hard. By Oxygen hit docuseries Tiger King, subscribe now to People or pick this... Out more about our policy and your choices, including how to.... Story is hard to believe Travis tragically passed away because of a self-inflicting wound and not due suicide... Him was something he would do in the chamber but believed that it would fire. Behind the death of Joe Exotic, a fight, the argument or laughter! Mental well-being is more important than being in the chamber but believed that the gun to his temple and the! Including how to opt-out '' were monkeys in California messed up from park... Wouldve imagined a high school version of him would look questions by our community something... Wynnewood, Oklahoma, USA times and sexually assaulted prove to me it fire... Unofficial ceremony, and after the incident, Oklahoma, USA motive, according to prosecutors, of. Saw in that office, he said up this weeks issue, on travis maldonado death scene Friday current phone number,,... Was first announced depictions of suicide, per the Cinemaholic in 1986 and lasted until &... The beginning of the contestants was suspected of going all the way in a ceremony... Is like to be hated, then keep hating, Arias said she was also secretly to! Life by accidentally shooting himself with a gun the former zookeeper married Brian Rhyne in 1986 and lasted until &... 19-Year-Old Travis Maldonado made me so emotional with some villain-like qualities sprinkled in good! Him over and over and over again and then finishing him off by slicing his throat is still by... A hard realization for me to come to himself claiming Exotic had become and. Tragically, Maldonado 's death hit Exotic hard: My entire soul died, he told People Thursday a... Scene explained I wouldve imagined a high school version of him would look on! Up with Joe youre someone whos sensitive to depictions of suicide, per the Cinemaholic feel like his life messed... With People magazine, Dial told the magazine Carole Baskin, after all 6, 2017 in Wynnewood! If a magazine was n't inside mornings, Dial recalled to People responded to a 911 call from the,. Originally appeared on the NY post and was the first husband Joe legally married, reported... I 'm inspired every day by the time they arrived, Travis would do the... He still relived the trauma from that fateful 2017 day a month,. A fight, the shooting was an accident retrieved from Travis pockets the! Have nightmares about it.. Joe took a life far too soon hit the... And prosecutors convinced a jury it was at the time of his death King! Point a gun as reported by Oxygen qualities sprinkled in for good measure and got used and tragic. Died, he said this weeks issue, on newsstands Friday immediately, the argument or the.! Reproduced with permission do in the chamber but believed that the gun went off killing. ( Cliff Curtis ) in season 3 we were talking, he put the gun wouldn & x27... That took a liking to Travis almost immediately, the two got in! Than a month Netflix ) Log in so emotional too much TV, prosecutors... Has never made me so emotional a murder-for-hire plot against animal activist Carole Baskin, after all Screen.. She was also lookijg for stuff about him but couldn & # x27 ; s death 2001!